mtneer1212
    mtneer1212's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3369

It wasn't meant as racist. But an editor has to catch something like this. They were sleeping on the job.

ChuckyTheGoat
    ChuckyTheGoat's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24857

Wow, can't believe it was Bretos. I've watched the guy, going back to his Fox days. I'll say that I actually like him.

Did he say it w/ intent? Maybe, maybe not.

I hope this doesn't ruin Bretos' career. Some will call him a hack, but I liked him. Very knowledgeable soccer-guy.

ChuckyTheGoat

ChuckyTheGoat

* Writer fired.
    * Anchor Max Bretos - suspended 30 days.

icemaster47
    icemaster47's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2676

Good way to get fired. Idiots. He's asian. We get it. Thanks.

http://www.thepostgame.com/blog/dail...eadline-writer

darkhat
    darkhat's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2882

they fired the guy that put it up for the mobile site..

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR
    Ghenghis Kahn's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2261

Quote Originally Posted by keyboarding View Post
    But chink is an actual word in the English language whereas the racial slur isn't. I mean, it's definitively on the cruder side of cheeky but comparing it to the N word is fukking ridiculous.
    so is cracker you retard.

keyboarding
    SBR's Respected Garbage
    keyboarding's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 972

Quote Originally Posted by Ghenghis Kahn View Post
    so is cracker you retard.
    Sure, but chink in the armor is an actual saying, you fukking clown. What kind of pun can you use with cracker that would also work in sports? SBR needs to ban these non-Pro know nothing fukks.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: William Walters

YouHave2outs
    YouHave2outs's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 198

Quote Originally Posted by BrentCrude View Post
    Hmmmm,how many times at televised boxing matches have we heard the great white hope mentioned?Whenever an old saying has anything to do with a white Christian person,it's fair game.Just say whatever the F you feel like saying and don't care who you offend these days.Be like Obama where he can bail out GM and Chrysler and tell Mak Donald's they are immune from Obamacare.Same goes for Obama having shut out Boeing from moving some of their operations to South Carolina because they are a right to work state.Obama doesn't care if he blatantly discriminates so why should some silly ESPN editor care if he says some potentially politically incorrect pun?Obama's calculated intentional discriminitory actions hurts 100's of millions.Does Obama give an F or does he get called on the carpet over it?
    you voted for George Bush Jr twice

ballahollic2
    Update your status
    ballahollic2's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10716

hahahahahahahaha

jsmithj88
    jsmithj88's Avatar Become A Pro!

its amazing people see this as a non-issue

face
    face's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 201

chink in the armor what an idiot i don't know if he meant it or not but it's fukkin dumb if he didn't mean it

PickWinnerAllDay
    I'd never gamble again for Taylor Swift
    PickWinnerAllDay's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

Quote Originally Posted by jsmithj88 View Post
    its amazing people see this as a non-issue
    Racism is a funny topic in itself.

I have asian friends who would pretty much guarantee that they are the smartest race. That is a stereotype that is probably true. But notice that they are okay with it because it portrays them in a positive light.
    The same asian friends would probably be offended if they were told they had the smallest manhoods. IT is a stereotype that is probably true, but they are not okay with it because it portrays them in a negative light.

Blacks are probably the most athletic, again, blacks are okay with this stereotype. Blacks score the lowest on standardized tests, even when you separate for socio-economic classes, they are not okay with this stereotype.

Everyone has double standards when it comes to racism.

Mikail
    Fader of GOY'S
    Mikail's Avatar Become A Pro!

Another in poor taste act but let's be real it was funny. When I saw the header it made me chuckle. Enough of the 'politically correct' nonsense. I don't think it was done with any malice. The guy losing his job over it is going to far.

YouHave2outs

“My wife is Asian, would never intentionally say anything to disrespect her and that community,” Bretos said.

opie1988
    I have a MAJOR fukkin clue..
    opie1988's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1012

Quote Originally Posted by Mikail View Post
    Another in poor taste act but let's be real it was funny. When I saw the header it made me chuckle. Enough of the 'politically correct' nonsense. I don't think it was done with any malice. The guy losing his job over it is going to far.
    Agree 1000%.

Good post, Mikail.

SBR
    Poster of
    Year 2011

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1800

Quote Originally Posted by PickWinnerAllDay View Post
    Racism is a funny topic in itself.

I have asian friends who would pretty much guarantee that they are the smartest race. That is a stereotype that is probably true. But notice that they are okay with it because it portrays them in a positive light.
    The same asian friends would probably be offended if they were told they had the smallest manhoods. IT is a stereotype that is probably true, but they are not okay with it because it portrays them in a negative light.

Blacks are probably the most athletic, again, blacks are okay with this stereotype. Blacks score the lowest on standardized tests, even when you separate for socio-economic classes, they are not okay with this stereotype.

Everyone has double standards when it comes to racism.
    Some things you can "test" others are just opinions without facts.

btw, asians are not the smartest race. Shows how smart your asian friends are.

But good point about people not minding good stereotypes....

PickWinnerAllDay

Quote Originally Posted by k13 View Post
    Some things you can "test" others are just opinions without facts.

btw, asians are not the smartest race. Shows how smart your asian friends are.

But good point about people not minding good stereotypes....

I've always felt that Asians do better here academically in general because the smarter ones end up over here... but that is just my opinion. I know that when I'm worrying about my class rank in the next 3 years I'll probably be most worried about the Asians and Indians..

shari91
    shari91's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1689

And if that's how you truly feel, I hope you and those who agree with you at this moment about this specific instance remember that when people say things about your religion and ethnicity - or anything else you might find offensive either posted on here or elsewhere in the media.

It's all funny until it becomes personal... whether it's about your race, whom or what you believe in, your kids, who you married, your sexuality, the country you were born in, whom you voted for, etc...

Either it's all messed up or none is messed up. We can't pick and choose because none of us have the right to. GL with your bets everyone

YouHave2outs

I've always felt that Asians do better here academically in general because the smarter ones end up over here...
    Asians do better academically because education is of paramount importance in Asian culture. Asians, generally, try way harder in school. I had at least one highly, highly intelligent friend in high school that probably got around a 2.5. He was probably viewed by my general high school population as FAR less intelligent than those with average intelligence who got straight A's because they tried so hard at it.

I have no clue what the smartest race is, but I think the above is true.

Mikail
    Fader of GOY'S
    Mikail's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by shari91 View Post

And if that's how you truly feel, I hope you and those who agree with you at this moment about this specific instance remember that when people say things about your religion and ethnicity - or anything else you might find offensive either posted on here or elsewhere in the media.

It's all funny until it becomes personal... whether it's about your race, whom or what you believe in, your kids, who you married, your sexuality, the country you were born in, whom you voted for, etc...

Either it's all messed up or none is messed up. We can't pick and choose because none of us have the right to. GL with your bets everyone
    Shari, that is how I feel. The difference is the intention. If someone is making an off color joke and that is all it is then I don't see the problem. Now if there is obvious hate speech being propagated then it's a different story entirely. Believe me I know the difference.

PickWinnerAllDay

Quote Originally Posted by YouHave2outs View Post
    Asians do better academically because education is of paramount importance in Asian culture. Asians, generally, try way harder in school. I had at least one highly, highly intelligent friend in high school that probably got around a 2.5. He was probably viewed by my general high school population as FAR less intelligent than those with average intelligence who got straight A's because they tried so hard at it.

I have no clue what the smartest race is, but I think the above is true.

Yeah, if you just think about it... the dumbest people in America never travel abroad. They stay in their shanties and their trailer parks.

For an asian family to move here, they probably had a bit of money and fair or not, money and intelligence are usually linked.

wtf
    wtf's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 61

Quote Originally Posted by keyboarding View Post

Sure, but chink in the armor is an actual saying, you fukking clown. What kind of pun can you use with cracker that would also work in sports? SBR needs to ban these non-Pro know nothing fukks.
    u obviously have nothing to with asians

the only reason the asian dont go around causing riots cause they are focused on more important issues like raising a family in peace and not prone to emotional outbursts

and they do not need a asian race baiter-like al sharpton

keep up with your cheap shots, all the time they are slowly taking over
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: shari91

PickWinnerAllDay

An Asian is still on my bucket list... I've had a couple of chances but been in relationships each time.

YouHave2outs

An Asian is still on my bucket list... I've had a couple of chances but been in relationships each time.
    i was all about asians for at least a year during college. and that's with all the hot rich idiot white chicks at usc

k13

I've always felt that Asians do better here academically in general because the smarter ones end up over here... but that is just my opinion. I know that when I'm worrying about my class rank in the next 3 years I'll probably be most worried about the Asians and Indians..
    More smart/rich ones end up here than dumb/poor ones. That's for sure.

The biggest point people miss is South Korea/Japan/HK =! thailand/vietnam/indonesia

To them asian = asian but it's not even close.

shari91
    shari91's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1689

Shari, that is how I feel. The difference is the intention. If someone is making an off color joke and that is all it is then I don't see the problem. Now if there is obvious hate speech being propagated then it's a different story entirely. Believe me I know the difference.
    And that's cool. But we just never know how anyone is going to interpret anything, right? I see it here every day. Someone makes what they think is a joke against whomever... let's say single moms just to not single anyone out since I think I'm the only active one here. I'm ok with it as are 95% of posters, but you get the few who were raised by single moms, are dating/married to one now, etc... and they crack it. Stuff that you know the person wasn't meaning any harm by, but their generalised comments have offended some people.

You look on Wiki and search this specific word and they list an instance where a guy is found murdered with the word scratched into his car along with a bunch of other negative stuff. I think if any of us were giving a toast at a wedding - say our best friend married a person of Chinese ethnicity - and in our speech we said "the only chink in the armour of this marriage will be..." not only would a few people gasp, many would give us dirty looks and unless you're a total doofus you'd feel a pit in your stomach because you knew you stuffed up. Not intentionally, but you did. It's almost exhausting at times to have to be hyper-aware of how any of us could offend anyone at any time. But that's just the way the world is now and it's our responsibility - if we want to be more evolved than a rock - to look past our own suburb or just go for a cheap joke. For whatever reason it's evolved into that and you'd hope a media outlet would be more advanced than a bunch of us on a gambling forum. Apparently not.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 2 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: sickler, and AribaAriba

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 332

I'm not as disappointed in the potential racial slur as I am of the unprofessional act of thinking it would be OK to put it up there. These guys are supposed to know what they are doing, working for a big company like ESPN, and this should have been struck down the minute it entered someone's head.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Some of these guys want to be comedians though and was it worth it??

Lost their jobs and I am glad

bleek88
    The picture of me on SBR is FAKE NOT ME
    bleek88's Avatar Become A Pro!

ESPN reporters and workers there get fired alot, theres alot of women screaming sexual abause at ESPN, lots of them got fired.

wtf
    wtf's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 61

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Some of these guys want to be comedians though and was it worth it??

Lost their jobs and I am glad
    totally agree, all trying to be kim kardashian famous

k13

Quote Originally Posted by wtf View Post
    u obviously have nothing to with asians

the only reason the asian dont go around causing riots cause they are focused on more important issues like raising a family in peace and not prone to emotional outbursts

and they do not need a asian race baiter-like al sharpton

keep up with your cheap shots, all the time they are slowly taking over
    did you miss the youtube video from the school beating recently?
    Mostly asians.

Did you miss the big riot in a chinese restaurant recently?
    Asians vs Blacks

yes there's no asian gangs or asian riots or asian violence....

Asians are not going take over anything because America is already owned by someone smarter than them.

sickler
    Facade 101
    sickler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2983

And that's cool. But we just never know how anyone is going to interpret anything, right? I see it here every day. Someone makes what they think is a joke against whomever... let's say single moms just to not single anyone out since I think I'm the only active one here. I'm ok with it as are 95% of posters, but you get the few who were raised by single moms, are dating/married to one now, etc... and they crack it. Stuff that you know the person wasn't meaning any harm by, but their generalised comments have offended some people.

You look on Wiki and search this specific word and they list an instance where a guy is found murdered with the word scratched into his car along with a bunch of other negative stuff. I think if any of us were giving a toast at a wedding - say our best friend married a person of Chinese ethnicity - and in our speech we said "the only chink in the armour of this marriage will be..." not only would a few people gasp, many would give us dirty looks and unless you're a total doofus you'd feel a pit in your stomach because you knew you stuffed up. Not intentionally, but you did. It's almost exhausting at times to have to be hyper-aware of how any of us could offend anyone at any time. But that's just the way the world is now and it's our responsibility - if we want to be more evolved than a rock - to look past our own suburb or just go for a cheap joke. For whatever reason it's evolved into that and you'd hope a media outlet would be more advanced than a bunch of us on a gambling forum. Apparently not.
    The bold part is my sentiments exactly, Miss Shari, put more eloquently than I could.

That said, I do have a somewhat twisted sense of humour and can be crass but there's a time and a place for it.

texhooper
    texhooper's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7799

well shari, not everyone gets worked up about stuff like this. it is a little presumptuous of you to think everyone would be uppity if it "hit close to home" or whatever. it's when you care too much about this ******* wool that politicians and pundits and preachers try to pull over your eyes to make you feel like you're this or you're that, and then you begin to serve the interests of "your group" over the interests of yourself. the establishment wants people to care about that shit because then they know how to sell things to certain people and so voting bases are defined.

you have the choice to be bothered by someone being a complete fukking idiot, like the writer who got fired. i honestly think most people of any descent feel like dave does in this video.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

This kid creating chaos

Its amazing

Fire them all

First 1234 Last