Emily_Haines
    Emily_Haines's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15296

Only in the USA can you murder someone and receive 4 million dollars

What a fuked up country

...........and this shit happens over and over

the only think this oyster should be getting is a last meal

(CBS/AP) NEW YORK - Amanda Knox, the American student who served four years in an Italian prison for the 2007 murder of her roommate and was cleared of the crime last October, has signed a book deal with HarperCollins.

An official with knowledge of the deal told the Associated Press that Knox will receive $4 million for what a HarperCollins statement called "a full and unflinching account of the events that led to her arrest in Perugia and her struggles with the complexities of the Italian judicial system."

The 24-year-old Seattle resident has not publicly discussed her ordeal beyond a brief expression of gratitude upon her release last year. The book is currently untitled and is tentatively scheduled for release in early 2013.

"Aided by journals she kept during her imprisonment, Knox will talk about her harrowing experience at the hands of the Italian police and later prison guards and inmates. She will reveal never-before-told details surrounding her case, and describe how she used her inner strength and strong family ties to cope with the most challenging time of her young life," said the publisher's statement.

HarperCollins publisher Jonathan Burnham said that Knox, who studied creative writing, would work with a collaborator. Her editor will be Claire Wachtel, whose other authors have included crime novelist Dennis Lehane, journalist Cokie Roberts and U.S. Sen. Kay Bailey Hutchison of Texas.

"Claire has a great track record of working with high-profile figures," Burnham said. "She's a very sensitive, responsive editor who I think can work with someone like Amanda, who's new to the experience."

Some 20 publishers were interested in the book and Knox met with seven, all of whom submitted bids during a recent auction.

Publishers in recent years have shied away from controversial defendants since the fiasco of O.J. Simpson's "If I Did It," the fictionalized account of Nicole Brown Simpson's murder that was canceled in 2006 by HarperCollins in response to public outrage. After Casey Anthony was found not guilty last year in the death of her 2-year-old daughter, Caylee, several publishers said they would not even consider a book by her.

"The experience of actually sitting down in a room and talking for an hour, an hour and a half with Amanda made me realize this was a very mature, intelligent woman who had been through an extraordinary experience," Burnham said.

"She'll write a very thoughtful, reflective and serious book about what happened. And that moves this book away from the world of tabloids, the lurid side, to something more compelling and, in a way, more longstanding."

But Knox's legal issues are not over. Earlier this week, Italian prosecutors asked the country's highest criminal court to reinstate the murder convictions of Knox and her former boyfriend, Raffaele Sollecito. Prosecutor Giovanni Galati said he is "very convinced" that Sollecito and Knox were responsible for the Nov. 1, 2007, stabbing death of Meredith Kercher, a 21-year-old British student.

Kercher was found in a pool of blood. The appeals court in October said the guilty verdicts against the pair were not corroborated by any evidence, and that the court hadn't proven they were in the house when Kercher was killed.

A third defendant, Ivory Coast-born Rudy Guede, was convicted in a separate trial of sexually assaulting and stabbing Kercher. His 16-year sentence, reduced in appeal from an initial 30 years, was upheld by Italy's highest court in 2010.

chilidog
    chilidog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 956

Quote Originally Posted by Emily_Haines View Post
    (CBS/AP) NEW YORK - Amanda Knox, the American student who served four years in an Italian prison for the 2007 murder of her roommate and was cleared of the crime last October, has signed a book deal with HarperCollins.
    I guess you just ignored that little part, eh?

Emily_Haines

Quote Originally Posted by chilidog View Post
    Then why did she spend four years in jail? Her DNA was on the knife. If she was tried in the US she would have been found guilty.

She is a worthless drug addict at best

DOMINATER
    DOMINATER's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1180

she was and is innocent . The Italians botched this big time. She was totally innocent, did you ever spend time in Italy, I have 2 months every year not even the Italian people who live their have any faith in the local police they have a federal police a state police. The locals handled this and they are more a security force unable to work on anything like this crime scene.What they sent her and her family through should be worth ten million dollars sorry I don't agree

DOMINATER
    DOMINATER's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1180

the issue with the knife was untrue , her D.N.A. was found not to be on the knife . When the american police test something it is done right . When thre Italians check forget it they go out for wine and pizza.

William Walters
    William Walters's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 233

Miserable, complaining, negative prikk

Ninersnut
    Money talks and bullshit runs marathons
    Ninersnut's Avatar Become A Pro!

Emily is a lawyer now? The courts apparently can't even get it right.

SharpBoxing
    SharpBoxing's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5521

She is innocent, im pretty sure that one black guy commited the murder

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears
    thetrinity's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5536

true italians in italy are lazy and incompetent. terrible legal system to, girl was innocent IMO.

Mocknroll
    Mocknroll's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by SharpBoxing View Post
    "She is innocent. I'm pretty sure that one guy committed the murder" would have done.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

Then why did she spend four years in jail? Her DNA was on the knife. If she was tried in the US she would have been found guilty.

she actually might be innocent

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

she had absolutely no motive.

ImakeBets
    ImakeBets's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 87

Quote Originally Posted by SharpBoxing View Post
    Lol got a joke,

Black man to white woman "so honey, you ever been with a black man?"

White woman "Does rape count?"

Black man " ummm...... (feels bad)

White woman "I was found not guilty" lollllll

FourLengthsClear
    King of the Idiots
    FourLengthsClear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 508

Tough to know what really happened.

The Italian police did botch the investigation and that alone meant that the original conviction was 'unsafe'. Based on everything I have read on the case (lots of which was written in the UK press and is biased) my feeling is that she was probably guilty but police incompetence meant that she could never be rightfully found guilty.

DwightShrute
    I don't believe you ... please continue
    DwightShrute's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8583

Emily_Haines - Judge, Jury and Executioner

Marigold HD
    Marigold HD's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 47737

Quote Originally Posted by DOMINATER View Post
    When thre Italians check forget it they go out for wine and pizza.
    Lol. So true.

neverstoppers23
    neverstoppers23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41

it wasn't her dna on the knive.
    i thought everyone knew she was ****** by the itlaian justice system by a prosecutor who was corrupt.

DwightShrute
    I don't believe you ... please continue
    DwightShrute's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8583

She's innocent! - O.J. Simpson

Ez Money 77
    Ez Money 77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 91

Emily, why are all the threads I see from you are talking shit about America or Americans?

LVHerbie
    LVHerbie's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1965

I have no clue about Amanda Knox as I didn't follow this but surely you aren't that naive that you believe spending time in jail somehow always equates with guilt...

Plenty of examples of both people have wrongly been convicted of crimes and others who are guilty never being convicted... Here is a list of 130 in the US since 1973 that been released from death row...

FourLengthsClear
    King of the Idiots

Quote Originally Posted by neverstoppers23 View Post
    it wasn't her dna on the knive.
    i thought everyone knew she was ****** by the itlaian justice system by a prosecutor who was corrupt.
    Says who?

The DNA evidence was overturned because the amount recovered from the knife handle was only enough for a partial sample. The proper procedures for dealing with a partial sample were not followed by investigators.

Bear in mind that the initial defence argument was that Knox' DNA was transferred to that knife when cooking.

big0mar
    SINGLE-DECK BLACKJACK
    big0mar's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3002

Was her victim American???

Emily_Haines

Only in America can a no talent ass clown like Knox get 4 million. We don't see people in other nations fawning all over their murderers and showering them with gifts.
    Points Awarded:

betplom gave Emily_Haines 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: betplom

big0mar
    SINGLE-DECK BLACKJACK
    big0mar's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3002

Only in America can a no talent ass clown like Knox get 4 million. We don't see people in other nations fawning all over their murderers and showering them with gifts.
    $4M isn't very much for an American. Not really considered showering to be honest.

itchypickle
    Dan Bilzerian's gunsmith
    itchypickle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5620

She was found innocent...but also in a foreign court.

Haines as much as you rail on the police for being too harsh on people...you are now mad at someone who was found innocent also?

Do you not like ANYONE?

itchypickle
    Dan Bilzerian's gunsmith

Quote Originally Posted by chilidog View Post
    Give it a week....Emily will claim Knox was let go so that she could smuggle a nuke back to the U.S, that was passed to her in prison and implanted in her rectum during the jail stay by N Korean agents....her sources have confirmed that the Navy carrier attack was just a distraction to this REAL attack to come

FourLengthsClear
    King of the Idiots

Quote Originally Posted by big0mar View Post
    Was her victim American???
    No. She was British.

Emily_Haines

Quote Originally Posted by itchypickle View Post
    Give it a week....Emily will claim Knox was let go so that she could smuggle a nuke back to the U.S, that was passed to her in prison and implanted in her rectum during the jail stay by N Korean agents....her sources have confirmed that the Navy carrier attack was just a distraction to this REAL attack to come
    It's not right to give her 4 million. We have people that spend 8 years to learn a trade and don't make that much in their entire life. I get it that she was found not guilty but her hands are dirty. Why not give the money to a Gary Carter fund to fight brain cancer? Nope instead our country is more obsessed with some drugged out college flunky that got away with murder.

Trident
    Update your status
    Trident's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2791

What's the chance he would have posted this article if she was from Canada or what ever country Emily is from, absolutely zero.

KingJD31
    KingJD31's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7042

sadly got to agree with emily for once not this trial but this country got so many ppl that deserve to be broke that are making 7plus figures

itchypickle
    Dan Bilzerian's gunsmith

It's not right to give her 4 million. We have people that spend 8 years to learn a trade and don't make that much in their entire life. I get it that she was found not guilty but her hands are dirty. Why not give the money to a Gary Carter fund to fight brain cancer? Nope instead our country is more obsessed with some drugged out college flunky that got away with murder.
    It's all about how society has devolved to where her type of story...driven by the media (plenty of similar ones go unnoticed because they don't involve a cute girl) that made the demand exist...now all the Court Tv junkies and TMZ obsessed people will buy up the books. I don't like the fact that shes going to get paid...but I'm not for not allowing it either....freedom of speech and consumer driven.

Look for friends of Whitney Houston to sell their stories soon too....its pathetic.....the woman hasn't done anything in years except be a pill popper and drunk married to a wife beater....and then when she dies suddenly people are shocked that the lifestyle caught up to her and treat her like some hero...she was a washed up junkie....but people will make $$ off of her story now.