Ez Money 77
    Ez Money 77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 91

I need some PGA guys advices here please.

Okay I am not a HUGE golf guy but I watch ESPN all the time and I watched part of last weeks PGA event. I watched Mickelson own Tiger and he looked good doing it. I see he was 5 under par today and in first place. Now like I said I don't follow to close though and honestly don't even know who Kyle Stanley (+3 rd1) is, but looking at the 2nd round match up odds on 5dimes when I see they have Lefty -150 over Stanley for the 2nd round and -.5 -113. I am about to put a small bet on this just to have a little action tomorrow. If someone can confirm my guess that this seems like a great bet I might lay a little more. Am I missing something here? I know the weather got real bad later in round one and so Stanley's score of +3 might look a little worse than it will be round 2 but still. Help me out here .

floridagolfer
    floridagolfer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12339

On the surface, Mickelson over Stanley would appear to be a solid lean, and if you want to dabble in golf for a small wager, go for it.

Don't get overconfident, however. Generally, there's a very small margin in single-round matchups, often only one stroke or two, so there's a VERY fine line between success and failure. It only takes one hole to blow up your wager. For instance, last week, I had a player who was leading his matchup by two shots with three to play. Then he goes and makes a 7 on a par 3 and, in the span of about two minutes, all the good work he'd managed over the last three hours just goes out the window. Golf is one of those sports that sometimes you simply can't explain. Just look at Tiger last weekend . . . same player, same course, great weather: 65 on Saturday, 75 on Sunday.

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR
    Ghenghis Kahn's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2261

i would actually bet on stanley having a better round than mickelson in round 2 if you can get close to +150

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year
    InTheDrink's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 527

Ez if you don't know who Kyle Stanley is then you probably shouldn't be betting on golf.

It's very early in the season but he's currently on top of the money list with a win and a second place finish.

Ez Money 77
    Ez Money 77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 91

Quote Originally Posted by InTheDrink View Post
    Ez if you don't know who Kyle Stanley is then you probably shouldn't be betting on golf.

It's very early in the season but he's currently on top of the money list with a win and a second place finish.

I am not going to disagree with you there drink. I did look him up last night and was very surprised to see he was the money leader for the year and I hadn't heard of the guy. I am not trying to say I am betting big or it is some sorta lock. I just wanted a little early action today.

infamousbacardi
    Alone In a Room
    infamousbacardi's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 132

The reason for the line is because of their 1st round scores...Stanley at +3 is probably more likely to go out and fire a 66 or 67 than Mickelson is at -5.

I think there is value w/ Stanley there probably.

big0mar
    SINGLE-DECK BLACKJACK
    big0mar's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3002

I'm on Stanley

God bless

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR
    Ghenghis Kahn's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2261

thanks for this thread ez, i actually put a little on stanley +130.