muldoon
    muldoon's Avatar Become A Pro!

RIP Gary Carter

Richard Sandomir of the NYT is reporting that Gary Carter has passed away (according to his daughter)

Lot's of great Expos memories.
    Attached Images  
    Last edited by muldoon; 02-16-12 at 04:08 PM.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Horrific News
    Bad week with him and Whitney
    I grew up watching this guy play also

Bcatswin
    Bcats Winning Everywhere
    Bcatswin's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5350

RIP, that was one hell of a player.

baskets
    Poster of the Month Twice a Month
    baskets's Avatar Become A Pro!

was the greatest short black on television... IN HISTORY!

WHAT CHOO TALKING BOUT, WILLIS!!!!

baskets

short black guy*

William Walters
    William Walters's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 233

Terrible news.

RIP

SBR_John
    Wisky
    SBR_John's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42225

Gary Carter dies

His daughter tweets;

"I am deeply saddened to tell you all that my precious dad went to be with Jesus today at 4:10 pm.," Kimmy Bloemers, wrote on the family's website. "This is the most difficult thing I have ever had to write in my entire life but I wanted you all to know. He is in heaven and has reunited with his mom and dad. I believe with all my heart that dad had a STANDING OVATION as he walked through the gates of heaven to be with Jesus."

Only 57. RIP Gary, you were one of the greats.

KingJD31
    KingJD31's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7042

Quote Originally Posted by baskets View Post

Funny u \*\*\*\*\*\*

Al Masters
    Al Masters's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11516

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    I grew up watching this guy play also

As did i,very sad news, he was a pleasure to watch.

beerman2619
    beerman2619's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 459

Sad day Gary Carter one of the greatest catchers ever to play the game. Seemed like a nice guy also buckin Cancer. It has took quite of few of my family members also just sucks. R.I.P Gary Carter

Bcatswin
    Bcats Winning Everywhere
    Bcatswin's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5350

HauntingTheHoly
    HauntingTheHoly's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 483

I got an autographed ball from him as a gift from an in-law who worked for the Expos.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

THE KID

A classic nickname he had

William Walters

WTF are you doing in thread thread talking nonsense?

baskets

rest in peace?

waht does that really mean? when you're toast, you're toast

ChalkyDog
    Buy the ticket, take the ride.
    ChalkyDog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Fukkin terrible. RIP Gary Carter.

Somehow Stawberry and Doc are still alive. Moral of the story - god's an asshole, do drugs, enjoy life.
    Last edited by ChalkyDog; 02-16-12 at 04:25 PM.

beerman2619
    beerman2619's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 459

rest in peace?

waht does that really mean? when you're toast, you're toast

Wtf is wrong with you? Love the clowns that make fun of death. Oh its hilarious when someone dies of cancer. Man some people just don't get it. But its useless trying to talk sense into them.

str
    Nothing's easy
    str's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 68557

Such sad news .

KingJD31

Quote Originally Posted by beerman2619 View Post
    Wtf is wrong with you? Love the clowns that make fun of death. Oh its hilarious when someone dies of cancer. Man some people just don't get it. But its useless trying to talk sense into them.
    He's never lost a loved or he has none wouldn't understand
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: beerman2619

Dad
    2011 Adult Entertainer of the Year
    Dad's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1086

The Kid has passed away. Classy person, terrific ball player. Sad day today.

baskets

lost plenty of "loved ones"..... but I don't get a hard on and double boner crying over some guy I never knew who wouldn't give a rats ass about you or me... and who got to live for free being an overpaid baseball player.

all you guys with your fake sympathy/empathy.... you're so full of shit.

how many of you cried a tear for that bloke Gary Carter? not one fuckking of you.

get over your fakeness. that's your conditioned response and it don't mean shit. and rest in peace don't mean shit... once you'r dead, you'r dead.... you don't go floating around in a cloud banging hot bishes
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 2 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: betplom, and Delicious

William Walters

Quote Originally Posted by KingJD31 View Post
    He's never lost a loved or he has none wouldn't understand
    Like most zit faced 13 year olds......."baskets" has yet to experience true grief.

William Walters

lost plenty of "loved ones"..... but I don't get a hard on and double boner crying over some guy I never knew who wouldn't give a rats ass about you or me... and who got to live for free being an overpaid baseball player.

how many of you cried a tear for that bloke Gary Carter? not one fuckking of you.

get over your fakeness. that's your conditioned response and it don't mean shit. and rest in peace don't mean shit... once you'r dead, you'r dead.... you don't go floating around in a cloud banging hot bishes
    Still with the Australian act I see.

Or, maybe I'm mistaken, and the poster (I believe it was Frizz) that said you're allowed back day after day is because you're friends with Shari is correct.

KingJD31

When did I say I cried and also I will not lose a minute of sleep over him dying doesn't mean u gotta act like a \*\*\*\*\*\*

sickler
    Facade 101
    sickler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2983

The pride of baseball in Canada.

RIP

betplom
    maniac
    betplom's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by SBR_John View Post
    His daughter tweets;

"I am deeply saddened to tell you all that my precious dad went to be with Jesus today at 4:10 pm.," Kimmy Bloemers, wrote on the family's website. "This is the most difficult thing I have ever had to write in my entire life but I wanted you all to know. He is in heaven and has reunited with his mom and dad. I believe with all my heart that dad had a STANDING OVATION as he walked through the gates of heaven to be with Jesus."

Only 57. RIP Gary, you were one of the greats.
    Why would a Christian be sad when a loved one gets to high five Jesus in person?

EmpireMaker
    EmpireMaker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 525

NEW YORK -- Hall of Fame catcher Gary Carter, whose single for the New York Mets in the 1986 World Series touched off one of the most improbable rallies in baseball, died Thursday. He was 57.
    Carter was diagnosed with a malignant brain tumor last May, two weeks after finishing his second season as coach at Palm Beach Atlantic University.
    "I am deeply saddened to tell you all that my precious dad went to be with Jesus today at 4:10 p.m.," Carter's daughter Kimmy Bloemers wrote on the family website. "This is the most difficult thing I have ever had to write in my entire life but I wanted you all to know."
    Carter was an 11-time All-Star and three-time Gold Glove winner. His bottom-of-the-10th single in Game 6 of the 1986 World Series helped the New York Mets mount a charge against the Boston Red Sox and eventually beat them.
    Carter played nearly two decades with the Mets, Montreal, San Francisco and the Los Angeles Dodgers. He led the Expos to their only playoff berth and was the first player enshrined in Cooperstown wearing an Expos cap.
    Carter was known as much for his effervescent personality as his talents at the plate and behind it. He earned the nickname "Kid" as an eager teen in his first major league camp and the label stuck for the rest of his career, and beyond.
    "An exuberant on-field general with a signature smile who was known for clutch hitting and rock-solid defense over 19 seasons," his Hall plaque reads.
    The bronze plaque shows him with a toothy grin, too, forever the Kid.
    "Gary was one of the happiest guys in the world every day," Mets teammate Mookie Wilson once said.
    With curly, blond locks flaring out from beneath his helmet, and a rigid, upright batting stance, Carter was immediately recognizable at the plate.
    He was especially enthused during the biggest moment of his career. The powerful Mets were down to their last chance in the '86 Series when Carter stepped up with two outs. No one was on base and New York was trailing Boston 5-3 in the bottom of the 10th inning in Game 6.
    Carter said he had just one thought in mind: "I wasn't going to make the last out of the World Series."
    True to his word, he delivered a clean single to left field off Red Sox reliever Calvin Schiraldi. Kevin Mitchell followed with a single and when Ray Knight also singled, Carter scampered home from second base.
    As Carter crossed the plate, he clapped his hands, pointed at Wilson on deck and clapped again. Moments later, Bill Buckner's error scored Knight for an amazing 6-5 win. Carter rushed from the dugout to join the celebration at home plate, catcher's gear already on.
    Overshadowed by the rally was the fact that Carter had tied the game with a sacrifice fly in the eighth. Then in Game 7, Carter drove in the tying run in the sixth inning, and the Mets went on to win their most recent championship.
    Carter homered twice over the Green Monster at Fenway Park in Game 4 and totaled nine RBI in that Series. Since then, only one player has gotten more in a World Series (Sandy Alomar Jr. had 10 for Cleveland in 1997).
    Overall, Carter hit .262 with 324 home runs and 1,225 RBI with the Expos, Mets, San Francisco and the Los Angeles Dodgers. He set the major league record for putouts by a catcher, a testament to his durability despite nine knee operations.
    Carter twice was the MVP of the All-Star Game. He won the award in 1981 by homering twice in baseball's first game after a players' strike that lasted two months. He remains the lone player to have a two-homer performance in an All-Star game and a World Series game.
    He set the NL record for games caught, but spent his first full season in the majors primarily as Montreal's right fielder. His first All-Star appearance came that year, in 1975, as a defensive replacement in left field for Pete Rose.
    Carter was recognized, too, for his contributions off the field when he was honored with the Roberto Clemente Award.

EmpireMaker
    EmpireMaker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 525

RIP Gary Carter

hawkwind
    hawkwind's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 22870

R.I.P.

ttrace35
    ttrace35's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1782

This is sad. Still remember those shots going over the Green Monster in '86........

betplom
    maniac
    betplom's Avatar Become A Pro!

I can't be the only one that's glad he's gone can I ?

Just kdding !

RIP Carter! Highfive jesus once for Plommer pal!

allabout the $$$
    Update your status
    allabout the $$$'s Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 26823

rip gary carter you were the missing piece on those mets teams that were the toast of the town in the 80's you young kids dont know but the mets used to run new york

GamblingMike
    Winner of The 2010 SBR Octotals Contest.
    GamblingMike's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 25

Wow, very, very, sad, RIP Gary Carter, one of my favorite all time Mets!

ttrace35
    ttrace35's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1782

Quote Originally Posted by allabout the $$$ View Post
    rip gary carter you were the missing piece on those mets teams that were the toast of the town in the 80's you young kids dont know but the mets used to run new york

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 420

He left us way too soon. I remember the hype when he left the Expos for the Mets. I'm sure Ron Darling, David Cone, and Dwight Gooden were happy to have a man of his leadership and experience nursing them through games. RIP

12 Last