t-wizzle
    t-wizzle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2191

North Carolina State +10.5

Public is all over Duke especially after their upset win at UNC. Unfortunately the majority of the public doesn't look at things objectively and doesn't realize that Duke really isn't all that great. Don't get me wrong, they are a solid team with good shooters but their number 5 ranking is not a true indication of this team.

Looking at Duke's recent schedule...

- They took care of a mediocre Maryland squad at home after struggling in the first half.

- Made an improbable comeback when in reality they were trailing by double digits for basically the entire second half at Carolina.

- Lost at home to a decent Miami team.

- Took care of business with a 15 point win at Virginia Tech.

- Almost squandered a big lead to a crappy St. John's team at home.

- Pulled away late at Maryland in an otherwise tight game.

- Lost to a good Florida State team at home in a game that came down to the wire.

What I take from this recent schedule is two things:

1) Duke has gotten the W's they should against weak competition and showed some real fight to rally against UNC.

2) Cameron indoor hasn't been quite the homecourt advantage as in past years.

The home crowd is always the same year in and year out so the only thing I can attribute these home losses to is the fact that Duke is much closer to even with teams like Miami, FSU, etc. than people realize. They face another one of those teams in NC State and to me 10.5 is too many points to lay. On top of that, the Wolfpack are a bubble team fighting to get into the tourney - a win in this game would be HUGE.

I don't think Duke will surrender another loss at home but I do think this game will be tight from start to finish.

Easy-Rider 66
    Easy-Rider 66's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3341

Would take the 10 points, but do not feel strong about it. NC St. also has Florida St. and NC in the next 2 games at home.

t-wizzle

Quote Originally Posted by Easy-Rider 66 View Post
    Would take the 10 points, but do not feel strong about it. NC St. also has Florida St. and NC in the next 2 games at home.
    They gotta win one of them if they wanna make the tourney dont you think?

KJ CottonChopper
    KJ CottonChopper's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 232

Yea, I agree T. Good chance to cover tonight and really need to beat FSU Saturday to go dancing in March.
    Best of luck with your plays!

t-wizzle

Why did this brilliant thread get buried?

Ushouldpayme
    Ushouldpayme's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 789

I wish I would've seen this before I pulled the trigger on the FH. I thought they'd come out and be fired up at home.

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on
    HoulihansTX's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 295

Cool. Duke blows. NC St. is too physical.

beerman2619
    beerman2619's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 459

not even sure if the refs can give Duke the win like they did vs Carolina. Look for Duke to get about 30 free throw attempts in the second half to make this game close.

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on
    HoulihansTX's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 295

Duke has no PG. Everybody, outside of Rivers, is a weak ball handler. Still the only way Rivers is helpful is off the ball, since @PG no one out side of himself would see the ball. NC St. has better athletes, and quicker team. Would take a major meltdown to fuk this up.

UpsetSpecial09
    UpsetSpecial09's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 58

Duke started the 2H strong but now thinks they need to chuck up a 3 every possession like they are now. I don't think they understand that just because you are open for a 3 dosen't mean you have to take it. No chance they win this game unless they play better defense and actual took GOOD shots, no shot it just because you are open.

t-wizzle

Hoping NC State wins by 6 because i took them +10.5 for the second half as well.

t-wizzle

Feel bad for the wolfpack. Epic collapse.

Anderson6129
    Anderson6129's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42

Game isn't over yet. Duke shot horrible in the first half, whereas NC State was on fire. It had to even out eventually, and that's why I took Duke -10 in the 2h