stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32279

MAAC suspends 3 refs for clock error

The Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference has suspended the three officials who worked Sunday's Rider-Niagara game where a late clock error changed the outcome.

The MAAC said in a statement Monday that the officials -- listed on the box score as Rusty Cooper, Tony Crisp and Kenneth Clark -- will miss one game for failure to note the game clock starting early on the key inbounds play in the final seconds.

Ali Langford's dunk with 3.7 seconds left gave Niagara an 84-82 lead. Following a Rider timeout, the game clock started before the Broncs inbounded the ball but it wasn't noticed. Jonathon Thompson hit a 3-pointer at the buzzer that would have given Rider the win, but after a TV review, officials ruled time had expired before Thompson released the shot.

The MAAC also publicly reprimanded Niagara's game clock operator and replay system operator for failure to manage the clock and replay system in the expected manner. A school spokesman did not release the names of the two on Monday.

The win came six days after Brandon Penn's 3-pointer with 1 second left gave Rider a 74-73 win over Niagara.

Sam Odom
    Sam Odom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

MAAC is the most 'fixed' conference of all - Mob is tied in deep

RudyRuetigger
    Leave of absence until March Madness
    RudyRuetigger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 55

said it in about 4 posts over the years....maac is the absolute worst. would never bet those games.

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on
    HoulihansTX's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 295

What an inconsequential game on a national scale. Now the gambling possibilities have an effect globally.

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!
    Louisvillekid1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 553

what was line

DanL32
    DanL32's Avatar Become A Pro!

i swear maac refs have been doing this shit for years...they either fuckin suck or fixes are in ......im gonna go with fixes

stevenash

Quote Originally Posted by RudyRuetigger View Post
    said it in about 4 posts over the years....maac is the absolute worst. would never bet those games.
    I have season tickets for the Fairfield Stags, they play within walking distance from my condo, let me tell you something, I have seen some calls that would make you scratch the hair out of your scalp.

I have seen clock shot operators literally asleep at the table, clock won't run until the ball is at half court.........

stevenash

Quote Originally Posted by Louisvillekid1 View Post
    what was line
    covers.com/pageLoader/pageLoader.aspx?page=/data/ncb/results/2011-2012/boxscore830186.html

MC PICKS
    Update your status
    MC PICKS's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 265

Bout time someone penalized these incompetent refs, if incompetence is even the case.

texhooper
    texhooper's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7847

nothing was in danger of not covering pending that final shot. if that makes sense. unless the fixed side was niagara moneyline?

RoadDog
    I'm not negative, I'm a realist
    RoadDog's Avatar Become A Pro!

2h cashed for Niagara because of it. I know because I bet it lol.

RudyRuetigger
    Leave of absence until March Madness
    RudyRuetigger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 55

Quote Originally Posted by stevenash View Post
    I have season tickets for the Fairfield Stags, they play within walking distance from my condo, let me tell you something, I have seen some calls that would make you scratch the hair out of your scalp.

I have seen clock shot operators literally asleep at the table, clock won't run until the ball is at half court.........
    i believe it.

a few years ago when i was gambling big time (yes broke now ) and paying attention to all the games these lines were all over the map. even this year spreads routinely move 3-5 points every game and i cant tell wtf is going on.

people can laugh at me if they want. i dont have any proof. i dont watch any games. i dont know if its the refs coaches players etc, all i know is these lines are consistently too crazy to be a coincidence