Probably to trade him instead of letting him walk for nothing

Holtgetsback
    Holtgetsback's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1402

Contract Year $$$$$$$$

baskets
    Poster of the Month Twice a Month
    baskets's Avatar Become A Pro!

amazing how a guy cannot read or write and has no culture.. and can make millions

he even does shit to hurt his football team on the field... that's how dumb he is. simply amazing

SteveRyan
    SteveRyan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2995

Quote Originally Posted by ttwarrior1 View Post
    Eagles have franchised Deshaun Jackson
    No...they have not.

It will probably happen, but it has not officially happened yet.

Do you make this stuff up?

ttwarrior1
    ttwarrior1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9788

uh if deshaun says it on twitter, along with mccoyand the official eagles website, then its true

SteveRyan

Quote Originally Posted by ttwarrior1 View Post
    uh if deshaun says it on twitter, along with mccoyand the official eagles website, then its true

Jackson did not say it on twitter.

It is not on the official eagles website or eagles twitter.

bb_skoots
    bb_skoots's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 389

wow. bigtime fail.

face
    face's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 201

guy is so fast, no one can catch him i wish jets would buy him, i don't care if he is unpopular.

beerman2619
    beerman2619's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 459

Come on its the Eagles of course they did. The decisions that franchise has made over the years is why there is no super bowl trophys for the Eagals.

ttwarrior1
    ttwarrior1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9788

wrong, he's been franchised, wow what morons here

SteveRyan

Okay...then provide at least one credible reference from the internet that says he has now been franchised and you may then rest your case.

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status
    MoneyLineDawg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Ttwarrior.....they can't franchise anyone till feb 20....but they plan on it

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...esean-jackson/

QuangX
    QuangX's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6668

He going to the NIners,

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Hope Eagles keep him, they actually need him

EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

Standard procedure for the Eagles with anyone who has the potential to bolt in free agency.

Sportsbetting123
    Sportsbetting123's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7617

I figure this will happen..I have mixed feelings.

dlunc3
    dlunc3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1076

Any team would be absolutely retarded to let that guy walk for free. Franchising him was a must. Now they work out a long term deal, play the yr out, or trade for high draft picks. Letting him walk was never an option.

C-Gold
    C-Gold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 843

Eagles/Patriots get a bad rap for being "cheap". These teams just choose to view football as a business. They'd rather get rid of a guy a year early instead of a year late. Sometimes they are wrong but it's a good strategy. They aren't afraid to give the young/true important pieces money - Tom Brady, but if Bryan Westbrook is at the end of his career the Eagles have no qualms about letting go.

I don't think the Eagles are sold on Jackson. He's an important piece but this guy is 1 hit away from the funeral home. Can he be a 100 reception receiver? Will he be disgruntled playing for a running quarterback who won't get him the ball? The Eagles are buying time. 1 year to be precise.

Jackson is a great deep threat, great returner, but I'm not sure he can be what you want him to be and especially with Vick at QB.

dlunc3

Jacksons biggest asset is that he opens up the middle of the field bc he demands safety help. It opens the field up for shaddy and celek. His stats dont show this.

C-Gold

Quote Originally Posted by dlunc3 View Post
    Jacksons biggest asset is that he opens up the middle of the field bc he demands safety help. It opens the field up for shaddy and celek. His stats dont show this.
    Hakeem Nicks demands safety help, so does Plax, so does Dez Bryant, so do most decent receivers in the NFL. Look at Mario Manningham get that deep sideline throw in the super bowl, is he as good as Jackson? The Eagles run a shorter passing offense. Vick is probably the least likely QB to capitalize on Jackson being 1 on 1 with a corner.

Jackson is a top 5 maybe even top 3 punt returner. He's a good deep threat but he's also coming off a down year. If I was the Eagles GM I'd franchise him and make him earn it. If he wants to be a pre-madonna for a year then he walks. If he's a team player then you can sign him. He's certainly not more valuable than the team and Michael Vick reduces his value. Jackson probably wouldn't mind going to a passing team with a passing QB that can maximize his value. If the Saints lose Colston he can have Drew Brees/Sean Payton instead of Vick. Jackson would look even faster on that turf and I'm sure he'd rather play with Brees over Vick.

Br0nxer
    July 2012 Poster of the Month
    Br0nxer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 888

one of the dumbest fukks in the league

a lot like russell westbrook

darkhat
    darkhat's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2882

Quote Originally Posted by Br0nxer View Post
    one of the dumbest fukks in the league

a lot like russell westbrook
    hahahha

dlunc3

Quote Originally Posted by C-Gold View Post
    Hakeem Nicks demands safety help, so does Plax, so does Dez Bryant, so do most decent receivers in the NFL. Look at Mario Manningham get that deep sideline throw in the super bowl, is he as good as Jackson? The Eagles run a shorter passing offense. Vick is probably the least likely QB to capitalize on Jackson being 1 on 1 with a corner.

Jackson is a top 5 maybe even top 3 punt returner. He's a good deep threat but he's also coming off a down year. If I was the Eagles GM I'd franchise him and make him earn it. If he wants to be a pre-madonna for a year then he walks. If he's a team player then you can sign him. He's certainly not more valuable than the team and Michael Vick reduces his value. Jackson probably wouldn't mind going to a passing team with a passing QB that can maximize his value. If the Saints lose Colston he can have Drew Brees/Sean Payton instead of Vick. Jackson would look even faster on that turf and I'm sure he'd rather play with Brees over Vick.

Djax might be the fastest player in the nfl (who can also run routes). That slight difference in speed that can take the top off of your defense makes such a big difference. Watch the eagles/cards game this season that djax was benched. The gameplan was completely different on d for the cards then it woulda been if jackson had played. Bc of that vick and the offense struggled worse then i have seen in probably two seasons.

He is no doubt a cocky thug. But the kid is a special player. Philly will give him up for nothing less then a 1st rounder and some.

MC PICKS
    Update your status
    MC PICKS's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 265

Smart move, he will give effort now since he is getting paid and knows if he does well he will really get paid long term next year by someone, i doubt the eagles will sign him long term after the bullshit he pulled last year in the seattle game.

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR
    Ghenghis Kahn's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2261

bad move.

zsr
    zsr's Avatar Become A Pro!

They will be lucky to get a 2nd for him if/when they trade him.

Remember Brandon Marshall was coming off a dominant season and is obviously a better all around receiver and true number 1, and Denver only got two 2nd rounders for him.
    Last edited by zsr; 02-14-12 at 12:07 AM.

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status

He will be traded for a 2nd or 3rd......no one is giving a 1st rounder along with a new, big contract for djax

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status

Santoio Holmes was traded for a 5th rounder and they are similar......Marshall was traded for 2 seconds and is better......I really don't remember a WR ever getting a 1st rounder back in return

zsr
    zsr's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by MoneyLineDawg View Post
    He will be traded for a 2nd or 3rd......no one is giving a 1st rounder and giving a new, big contract for djax
    Agreed. Probably a third at this point especially after last year. Cost himself alot of money too.

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by zsr View Post
    Agreed. Probably a third at this point especially after last year. Cost himself alot of money too.
    If his contract was small and had 2 or 3 years left then a 2nd or maybeeee a late 1st......because a team has to give him a new contract, the eagles will only get a 3rd back in return

There are a ton of good wide receivers in free agency this off-season.......Colston, Bowe, Meachem, Stevie Johnson, Vincent Jackson, Brandon Lloyd, Wes Welker, Reggie Wayne, Pierre Garcon, Laurent Robinson, Manningham

Why wouldn't teams just sign one of them and not have to give anything up? No one will trade anything big for Desean Jackson.....Eagles will have to keep Desean for a year or trade him for a 3rd rounder at best

C-Gold

Quote Originally Posted by MoneyLineDawg View Post
    If his contract was small and had 2 or 3 years left then a 2nd or maybeeee a late 1st......because a team has to give him a new contract, the eagles will only get a 3rd back in return

There are a ton of good wide receivers in free agency this off-season.......Colston, Bowe, Meachem, Stevie Johnson, Vincent Jackson, Brandon Lloyd, Wes Welker, Reggie Wayne, Pierre Garcon, Laurent Robinson, Manningham

Why wouldn't teams just sign one of them and not have to give anything up? No one will trade anything big for Desean Jackson.....Eagles will have to keep Desean for a year or trade him for a 3rd rounder at best

Good point and good point about the market. Is Jackson as good as Brandon Marshall? Hell no. Is he as good as Santonio Holmes? I'd agree they are similar. I'd probably rather have Jackson but is the difference that big ( considering he wants a fat contract?).

Go grab Dwayne Bowe for free instead of Jackson who will probably cost a 3rd round pick. Maybe a late 2nd if you are lucky.

C-Gold

Quote Originally Posted by dlunc3 View Post
    Djax might be the fastest player in the nfl (who can also run routes). That slight difference in speed that can take the top off of your defense makes such a big difference. Watch the eagles/cards game this season that djax was benched. The gameplan was completely different on d for the cards then it woulda been if jackson had played. Bc of that vick and the offense struggled worse then i have seen in probably two seasons.

He is no doubt a cocky thug. But the kid is a special player. Philly will give him up for nothing less then a 1st rounder and some.

He's not the fastest but he is very fast.

The argument that he commands a double and "that" is more valuable than his play isn't true. Eli always throws deep to his guys when they get single coverage. Does that mean Mario Manningham is as valuable as Jackson? Jackson is a very speedy WR but he's not elite and he has baggage.

Vick struggled because he's not a very good quarterback.