C-Gold
    C-Gold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 843

46.3 Million Americans on Food Stamps

Poverty is growing in this country and it is growing fast. Call it trickle down poverty. At the end of 2008 we had 30 million Americans on food stamps, now 3 years later a staggering 46.3 Million Americans are on Food Stamps. It's going downhill fast folks.
    http://www.thestar.com/news/world/us...s-to-grow?bn=1

It makes me angry to see people in line at the grocery store in Chicago on their i-phones or droid smart phones and then whip out the food stamp card and pay. No shame. They don't even have to look at the tax payers in the eyes. It's just a faceless transaction.

46.3 million Americans on food stamps, there are 33 million total people living in Canada.

SBR_John
    Wisky
    SBR_John's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42225

I hear they issue you a CC and just fill it. I guess that is more efficient but I dont like it. You should have to carry those coupon books around as some level of motivation for getting a job and getting off food stamps.
    Points Awarded:

King Mayan gave SBR_John 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

ttwarrior1
    ttwarrior1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9740

canada is the size of california, can't compare the 2

C gold when you becoming pro, your other account banned or something

BIGDAY
    angelman.org
    BIGDAY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24866

rm18
    Update your status
    rm18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 207814

you can buy them from people for half price too thats why some rich people use them also

Cougar Bait
    2010 Poster of the Year
    Cougar Bait's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3289

Yeah and 300 or more post in Players Talk. Sad and pathetic.

sickler
    Facade 101
    sickler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2983

Quote Originally Posted by ttwarrior1 View Post

C gold when you becoming pro, your other account banned or something

Someone needs a geography lesson
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 2 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: TR88, and wikkidinsane

Cougar Bait
    2010 Poster of the Year
    Cougar Bait's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3289

Quote Originally Posted by ttwarrior1 View Post
    Hope the other libs on the board are proud of this one

Common guy

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR
    Chi_archie's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2344

I need me a link card

ttwarrior1

dude i meant population, you don't do it by land size , you do it by the population

the population of canada is pretty much the same as california

CarpeDime
    CarpeDime's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1005

unreal

its called WALMART, its called a JOB APPLICATION, learn it, love it, and FILL IT OUT u lazy fuks

food stamps and welfare are bankrupting this country, and who pays the price? people who work hard, and the harder you work, the higher the price you pay

unreal

Hoopster007
    Hoopster007's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 467

There is no motivation to get off of them. Instead there is huge motivation to stay within the income levels to keep all these benefits. Working and paying your own bills gets you poorer than not working and having kids. You then can get everything from cell phone, heat, rent, food, and healthcare all for free. The income guidelines and rules make it that way. There is no motivation to get off or work. And our super president just keeps extending unemployment and income limits on this stuff. This just add more people to his little clan. Making people reliant on the government is the idea here. Once Obamacare take effect, the limits are going up again to include even more people on these benefits. So expect those numbers to get bigger by 2014. A sad world we live in and the government loves it. All those people are just puppets.

itchypickle
    Dan Bilzerian's gunsmith
    itchypickle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5620

Saw where they are considering banning sweets and candy with the EBT cards in Florida....people went nuts

I agree...my $$ should provide you maybe some 70/30 meat...not the good stuff or prime rib.....wal mart brand fruit cups and some cereal and veggies....Vitamin D milk not the good Almond SOy milk....but that is it.....no Pepsis and BBQ potato chips with some snickers bars to feed your fat diabetic lazy asses.

Just sayin.

ByeShea
    ByeShea's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11594

Quote Originally Posted by SBR_John View Post
    I hear they issue you a CC and just fill it. I guess that is more efficient but I dont like it. You should have to carry those coupon books around as some level of motivation for getting a job and getting off food stamps.
    The government issues sleek looking Electronic Benefits Transfer cards to interested parties with minimal to nonexistent sense of shame.

The number of Americans using EBTs have sky rocketed and a great deal of federal marketing efforts ("stimulus") was expended getting this rolled out to as many Americans as possible.

Take away these entitlements and there will be riots. And none of this was unforeseen.

F-You Obama, you are the worst president ever.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 3 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Told You So!, WeBetOnIdiots, and dodger33

Sam Odom
    Sam Odom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

"spread the wealth around" IN ACTION

Thor4140
    Thor4140's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22119

Anyone worried about the ten billion in subsidies we give these gougers called oil companies to supply us expensive gas while they make record profits? Only in this country are people worried about poor people while rotten suckers like the oil companies rake us for billions. Imagine making record profits with a licenses to gough us and still get handouts from the gov't in the tune of billions. Both welfare and oil company subsides suck but ya never hear about the oil companies cause it is easier to jump on the poor.
    Points Awarded:

betplom gave Thor4140 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

wikkidinsane gave Thor4140 4 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: betplom

ericthegangster
    MARK IT ZERO!
    ericthegangster's Avatar Become A Pro!

The foodshare program is like 60 billion per year... That is a drop in the bucket folks. There are much more wasteful programs in the federal government, and people who go after food stamps clearly have no idea what the national budget really looks like. Take a look at the spending on defense..... it's disgusting...

itchypickle
    Dan Bilzerian's gunsmith
    itchypickle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5620

Quote Originally Posted by Hoopster007 View Post
    There is no motivation to get off of them. Instead there is huge motivation to stay within the income levels to keep all these benefits. Working and paying your own bills gets you poorer than not working and having kids. You then can get everything from cell phone, heat, rent, food, and healthcare all for free. The income guidelines and rules make it that way. There is no motivation to get off or work. And our super president just keeps extending unemployment and income limits on this stuff. This just add more people to his little clan. Making people reliant on the government is the idea here. Once Obamacare take effect, the limits are going up again to include even more people on these benefits. So expect those numbers to get bigger by 2014. A sad world we live in and the government loves it. All those people are just puppets.
    breeds complacency and generational addiction to the system....find ways to stay on and get more. I would be okay with it if it had been truly intended to 'lift people out of poverty' but it just keeps them right on the cusp for decades.....since the creation of it all nearly 50 years ago...income levels and amounts of people are no better off than when it started...so what is the point?

Person A works 2 jobs in order to pay power bill, water bill, rent and cell phone/internet and maybe an Xbox plus food.

Person B is on assistance...subsidized housing...heating assistance in winter...free internet access and phone from govt for $2.76 a month with texts and free food and then power bill discount etc.....can work a side job for cash under the table to get new clothes for the club and an xbox

Person A cant enjoy the bars on the weekend since he's broke his budget and too damn tired to party while Person B is spending his extra supplemental $$ on drinks and a new outfit for the club every week instead of working or saving that extra $$ to get on their feet.

How is this fair?

Ninersnut
    Money talks and bullshit runs marathons
    Ninersnut's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by ericthegangster View Post
    The foodshare program is like 60 billion per year... That is a drop in the bucket folks. There are much more wasteful programs in the federal government, and people who go after food stamps clearly have no idea what the national budget really looks like. Take a look at the spending on defense..... it's disgusting...
    Yes we should cut our defense and beef up food stamps. The reason our defense is so high and it will always be high is when the debt collector comes knocking and we shoot them in the fukkin face.

ericthegangster
    MARK IT ZERO!

Quote Originally Posted by Ninersnut View Post
    Yes we should cut our defense and beef up food stamps. The reason our defense is so high and it will always be high is when the debt collector comes knocking and we shoot them in the fukkin face.
    Oh... how much did we owe to Afghanistan and Iraq?

.......... you have no idea what you're talking about.

You're right though. More hungry Americans and more weapons to kill non-Americans!!! That's what we need!!!

paranoyd androyd
    paranoyd androyd's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 134523

your stupidity has no boundaries

CarpeDime
    CarpeDime's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1005

according to the article a single person who is a lazy fuk gets $133 a month for food!!! FOR FOOD!!!

unbelievable that these FUKS get to laze around and fukin live it up while the people who actually PAY for their food - $4.37 EVERY SINGLE DAY - have to work there asses off

hey maybe I want to be a lazy fuk and just get $4.37 handed to me every single day too

and we WONDER why this country is broke
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: LVHerbie

The Kraken
    The Kraken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 532

By enabling the weak, we're going against nature. Only the strongest should pass on their genes, that is what would strengthen our species. But we're doing the exact opposite. We need to get back to a "only the strong survive" type of culture, especially in America. If you can't hack it, then I guess it's time to wrap it up.
    Points Awarded:

dodger33 gave The Kraken 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

LVHerbie
    LVHerbie's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1965

Quote Originally Posted by SBR_John View Post
    Having worked at a grocery store when I was younger MOST people on food stamps are embarrassed to have to use them regardless if it is comes in the form of a card or coupon book...

Too bad the those who profit from industries such as auto industry, banks, corporate farms, military-industrial complex (just a few off the top of my head) don't have to use coupon books in the grocery store for the trillions in handouts they also receive from the government...

If you going to critic those on welfare at least make the list complete...

ericthegangster
    MARK IT ZERO!

Quote Originally Posted by paranoyd androyd View Post
    your stupidity has no boundaries
    Great point. I love the objective analysis here.

Sam Odom
    Sam Odom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

Handouts are expected - It is a generational expectation. There are families into the 3rd generation of expecting Uncle Sam to take care of their basic needs; housing, food & medical. Looking for a job for one's support is not even a thought...

We have to look no further back than 1980 England to see our immediate future

Ninersnut
    Money talks and bullshit runs marathons
    Ninersnut's Avatar Become A Pro!

Oh... how much did we owe to Afghanistan and Iraq? .......... you have no idea what you're talking about. You're right though. More hungry Americans and more weapons to kill non-Americans!!! That's what we need!!!
    Yes and you do. That comment wasn't meant to be serious. Obviously you have extensive knowledge of the defecit and the budget. Being that I audit governmental units/entities I understand the waste. A 3rd of that # bulked into "defense" is just a buncha fluff and gets rerouted elsewhere homie.

dinaro7
    super player
    dinaro7's Avatar Become A Pro!

i donated 100.00 to doctors without borders with a promise i could become an sbr pro so whats the hold up john

ericthegangster
    MARK IT ZERO!

Quote Originally Posted by Ninersnut View Post
    Yes and you do. That comment wasn't meant to be serious. Obviously you have extensive knowledge of the defecit and the budget. Being that I audit governmental units/entities I understand the waste. A 3rd of that # bulked into "defense" is just a buncha fluff and gets rerouted elsewhere homie.
    Well rougly 1/3 of our total spending every year is on defense... so it's nice to hear that 1/9 of our federal spending is on "a buncha fluff" .........

But foodstamps, yeah, those are terrible.

LVHerbie
    LVHerbie's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1965

Quote Originally Posted by ByeShea View Post

The government issues sleek looking Electronic Benefits Transfer cards to interested parties with minimal to nonexistent sense of shame.

The number of Americans using EBTs have sky rocketed and a great deal of federal marketing efforts ("stimulus") was expended getting this rolled out to as many Americans as possible.

Take away these entitlements and there will be riots. And none of this was unforeseen.

I think I've heard a similar song and dance before...

Emily_Haines
    Emily_Haines's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15296

Filthy GOP scum think they have the right to tell people what to buy with their food stamps just like every thing else. These mother fukers are a cancer to our country.

ttwarrior1

what about rich people that get food stamps

SBR_John
    Wisky
    SBR_John's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42225

Quote Originally Posted by ByeShea View Post

You shetin me???

I'm a sucker. Believed Obama that he was about change. His 'stimulus' is nothing more than borrow, give to the lazy and ask the businesses(which he calls the rich) of the country to pay the bill.

He is sort of a Jimmy Carter without the good heart part.

Hurls
    Hurls's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 663

Quote Originally Posted by Emily_Haines View Post
    Filthy GOP scum think they have the right to tell people what to buy with their food stamps just like every thing else. These mother fukers are a cancer to our country.
    Why what did they say you couldnt purchase you handout loving lazy cancer to the world. What would you do if you lived somewhere that you couldnt get free stuff for being lazy? Nothing you would complain like you always do

betplom
    maniac
    betplom's Avatar Become A Pro!

Poor people in America are just livin the dream.

Who wouldn't want to live off of "hundreds of dollars" a month - to cover food, housing and other items?

I understand the jealousy of working Americans. Welfare recipients are truly privileged.

1234 ... Last