Monitor-Tan
    Tony Romo of Daily Fantasy
    Monitor-Tan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 428

Strange coincidence in the NBA? Or truely rigged?

I'm not talking about ref jobs here...

I'm sure most of you guys have heard the last few weeks how the NBA and basketball in general has went crazy over in China especially with few NBA players playing in the chinese leagues..

Now all of a sudden Jeremy LIN, who plays in one of the biggest market for NY, starts playing like a superstar??

I'm not trying to be racist here as I've claimed that I am of korean decent..

But I just find that to be a bit bigger then of just coincidnce and the NBA is in ways "rigging" or I suppose playing their cards to make this kid shine?

Kalibongo
    Banned
    Kalibongo's Avatar Become A Pro!

So David Stern murdered Stoudemire's brother and somehow shot Carmelo's foot with an out of this world invisible weapon so that Lin can get major minutes?

Monitor-Tan

No but perhaps, the league wanted the kid in, of all the people on the roster, he's playing point? Perhaps league wanted him in, I find it weird a first timer gets 9 free throw shots back to back games...

But as crazy as it sounds, and as much as you're laughing on the floor laughing, this is the best thing to happen to NBA, there's so much money to be made in China. Anyone with a highschool education would know that, and hence the timing of it all just seems weird to me..

aceking
    aceking's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 31

he's not from China .
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: taejunx

ChalkyDog
    Buy the ticket, take the ride.
    ChalkyDog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Because the kid is a slope, you think it somehow relates to the media market of China? WTF?

Stern can't make this kid play out of his mind. If this was a post about the Thunders recent success, that would make sense. But the sudden emergence of an asian kid is not a viable conspiracy - Baron Davis has the back of a 70 yr old, and Douglas is garbage with the ball.

Who else are you playing in his place? Shumpert? That kid is about as raw as it gets.

LMFAO at a slope conspiracy in the NBA!

Kalibongo
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Monitor-Tan View Post
    No but perhaps, the league wanted the kid in, of all the people on the roster, he's playing point? Perhaps league wanted him in, I find it weird a first timer gets 9 free throw shots back to back games...

But as crazy as it sounds, and as much as you're laughing on the floor laughing, this is the best thing to happen to NBA, there's so much money to be made in China. Anyone with a highschool education would know that, and hence the timing of it all just seems weird to me..
    No need for Lin. Kobe is a God in China.

Kalibongo
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Monitor-Tan View Post

No need for Lin. Kobe is a God in China.

Monitor-Tan

Quote Originally Posted by ChalkyDog View Post
    Because the kid is a slope, you think it somehow relates to the media market of China? WTF?

Stern can't make this kid play out of his mind. If this was a post about the Thunders recent success, that would make sense. But the sudden emergence of an asian kid is not a viable conspiracy - Baron Davis has the back of a 70 yr old, and Douglas is garbage with the ball.

Who else are you playing in his place? Shumpert? That kid is about as raw as it gets.

LMFAO at a slope conspiracy in the NBA!

Valid statement, I will rest this case

nyplayer33
    nyplayer33's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 106

the nba is rigged like the golden state was a trap line..what does that tell ya

nyplayer33
    nyplayer33's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 106

You will have an ultra hard time fixing a game that is a game of inches and such...
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: SportsMushroom

SportsMushroom
    SportsMushroom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6839

jeremy?

those asians have weird sounding names

Smoke
    Smoke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1510

Rigged

David Stern has his hand in cookie jar AGAIN

tokio
    tokio's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2886

he's showing why he deserves to play more.

Mikail
    Fader of GOY'S
    Mikail's Avatar Become A Pro!

I could explain this but to do so would only bring name calling and insults from the feeble minded at sbr.

Monitor-Tan

Some make valid statement and I can see what they are saying, and he is showing that he wants it more. I was more meerely pointing that he was given the opportunity to play under Stern's influence. As one of the poster said, although the knicks have shitty alternatives, they still didn't necessarily had to have played Lin.. but the arguement does have validity, so I won't say anything else but that, since valid statement was mad, I'll lay this to rest and just continue to keep my eye out on Lin, since I do live in NY

yisman
    yisman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 246162

Lin is an American of Asian descent.

The NBA is supposed to be rigging this somehow? They already had Yao, who was actually, you know, Chinese.

Dutch
    Honky Lips
    Dutch's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 736

Quote Originally Posted by yisman View Post
    They already had Yao, who was actually, you know, Chinese.

/thread

Monitor-Tan

Quote Originally Posted by yisman View Post
    Lin is an American of Asian descent.

The NBA is supposed to be rigging this somehow? They already had Yao, who was actually, you know, Chinese.
    So? When Hines Ward who is half black/half korean, won the Superbowl MVP, it was in the front page of EVERY korean newspaper, and until then people in korea didn't even know what football was..

john230
    john230's Avatar Become A Pro!

NBA is a big business. And sometimes funny things happen in business. I remember back in the day when the Knicks won the draft lottery and the right to draft Patrick Ewing. Some thought that was rigged, as they theorized that the NBA needed a revival in the Big Apple. But as the old saying goes "It's not what you know, it's what you can prove."

Monitor-Tan

Quote Originally Posted by john230 View Post
    NBA is a big business. And sometimes funny things happen in business. I remember back in the day when the Knicks won the draft lottery and the right to draft Patrick Ewing. Some thought that was rigged, as they theorized that the NBA needed a revival in the Big Apple. But as the old saying goes "It's not what you know, it's what you can prove."

True another solid point

face
    face's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 201

nba sells merchandise from teams with big markets. look for knicks to get some calls in a close game vs. wizards

yisman
    yisman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 246162

NBA also rigged Jimmer.

keyboarding
    SBR's Respected Garbage
    keyboarding's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 972

Quote Originally Posted by nyplayer33 View Post
    You will have an ultra hard time fixing a game that is a game of inches and such...
    The NBA is the easiest game to fix of the major four.

ChalkyDog
    Buy the ticket, take the ride.
    ChalkyDog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Quote Originally Posted by john230 View Post
    That might have been the most rigged draft in the history of drafts... if rigging is in fact a fact. Rose to Chicago is up there (thankfully my team was on the right side of that one).

JR007
    JR007's Avatar Become A Pro!

look back a few years ago, bucks, hawks, (playoff game) hawks blowing the bucks out 5 min to go fouling everyplay, looking at the clock on the foul line, hand and eye geatures, needless to say" the over covered"

ROFLcopter
    ROFLcopter's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1284

You're a fukking idiot. By the way, Lin is Taiwanese.. not that I expect any of you to know the difference

mathdotcom
    mathdotcom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1943

asian athletes

Vortexx00
    Vortexx00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 138

I don't know if its rigged or not...but the more i watch this horseshit league i really wonder. Almost every game I wager on win or lose lands right on the spread or total. No human/oddsmaker on the face of this earth can predict the outcome of these games day in and day out right on the money... Maybe its just my luck i guess..

Monitor-Tan

Quote Originally Posted by ROFLcopter View Post
    You're a fukking idiot. By the way, Lin is Taiwanese.. not that I expect any of you to know the difference
    Then you would know China does not consider tawain to be a seperate country..

Bbobbi
    Bbobbi's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 54

people in korea still dont know what football is.... Just because an asian athlete wins or accomplishes something doesnt mean its a conspiracy.

And yes China doesnt recognize taiwan as a separate country but thats political reasons. Go to China and they wont consider themselves any part taiwanese and vice versa

Monitor-Tan

True, but what i'm saying is, my reasoning is that regardless of korea, chinese or whatever, when an asian person plays well, it brings interst. And with all the news about china being such huge hit and stuff it made sense.

BUT as I said, after hearing some valid statement, it probably is fairly far fetched.

I guess talking about controversial subject always brings out the best arguements lol.

H1Cypher
    H1Cypher's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 299

Lol what kinda bull shit is this. I'm gonna spit it to you straight:

Ive you've ever played fantasy basketball in your life(and don't suck at it). you'd have noticed mediocre players go on hot streaks through out the season where they are ballin out of their mind. This is very common.

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on
    HoulihansTX's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 295

Idiot thread

Bones33
    Bones33's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1824

D'antoni's system is geared towards point guards...Chris ******* Duhon got 19 assists in a game! Combine that with defenses not taking him seriously=overinflated stats over a small sample.

frostno98
    frostno98's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 648

Dude, your an idiot. The guy obviously got some skillz, and Deron Williams is not getting balled and looking silly on purpose.

Yao Ming with all his glory in Houston, didn't even out sold T-Mac's Jersey in china when they were team mates.

12 Last