jrmartin.mig
    jrmartin.mig's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9118

A sad Superbowl Story

So I didnt have much of an edge as to who would win the game, but had to throw a couple bucks on it just for fun so I threw a couple hundred on the Pats which as we all know didnt work out that well. Aside from that, I had two squares in a pool for $100 each with my local. The first was NY 5 and NE 6, which seemed pretty bad from the beginning of the game. The second set of numbers was NY 2 NE 7 which I ran through my head 100 times before the game and figured did me no good without a NY safety and we all thought before the game didnt have much of a chance. Go figure. So they get the safety and heading twords halftime its NY 12 and NE 17!!! NE couldnt just keep the ball a little longer and NY kicks the field goal with .35 left and I'm out my $2500!! I figured damn, that was pretty close and was even a little sad about it, but hey it was close. So I'm cheering on NE to at least win the game and make my couple hundred and all the sudden with about 4:00 left my girlfriend decides to point out that if NY scores and holds the Pats it ends up 22-17 and I still hit my 2-7. So I get stuck rooting for the damn G-men to score a final TD and let their defense hold as they had been most of the game. I figure if there is anyone in the world who can drive down the field and score its Brady, but, hey Ill keep my fingers crossed. So low and behold the Giants score their TD with about a minute left and I am excited!! I go to grab a drink thinking to myself all I need is a Giants stop on defense, fcuk my $200, Ill take the $2300 and be a happy man. I turn around and I swear as soon as I do, all I see is Manning hiking the ball for a 2 point and 500 numbers go through my head trying to figure out why they would do it. They are up by 4, cant get to 7, so there is no reason for them to do it. Go figure they dont get it anyway, defense holds up, and they finish off 1-7 instead of 2-7!! FML!!!

illAdelph
    illAdelph's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Chill out with all that negativityy.

A happy superbowl story:

Was laying $$$$$ on pats ML. I got piss drunk before the game and accidently placed my wager on pats 1h ML. 5dimes refused to cancel. Naturally, i flipped shit BUT...

it ultimately saved my bet.

Sorry brotha, we cant all be winners.......

Extra Innings
    Extra Innings's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 315

At least you can say you're "PRO"

SBRMAN23
    Be humble sit down
    SBRMAN23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1448

I'm not going to front that's crazy but if u think about it going for it was the right choice. Simple fact like you said it didn't matter but I figured they tgt if Ne scored the touchdown maybe maybe they could still have it tied if they block the extra point if they don't go for 2 they don't even give then self that chance you know. But damn you got screwed twice bol nxt time bud.

FilletMaster
    FilletMaster's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 134

"They are up by 4, cant get to 7, so there is no reason for them to do it." ---- Umm yeah there is a darn good reason... to get up by 6!!! If brady comes down and scores.. could miss extra point or be blocked and go into OT... being up 5 (22-17) is absolutely worthless at that point. the only thing sad about your story is you didn't figure this out on your own.

TrailerParkBoy
    Free Speech!
    TrailerParkBoy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 738

I went 0-5 between game bets, props and a halftime wager. The sun will shine tomorrow. If not, there'll still be a toxic glow from my liver.

Fried bologna sandwiches and chicken fingers in Sunyvale tomorrow. Woooo Hoooo!