yisman
    yisman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 246162

Quote Originally Posted by frostno98 View Post
    Then why all the 7 other 1,000 yard Broncos running wasn't [sic] successful in the playoffs

Because they didn't play much in the playoffs?

Martin had a career that was clearly better than Davis's.

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1836

Is Fred Taylor a HOF'er too?

rm18
    Update your status
    rm18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 207814

Fred Taylor is a lock and Corey Dillon too

BernardMadoff
    Sam Hurd +3000
    BernardMadoff's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 280

Chris Carter should be in.

frostno98
    frostno98's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 648

Quote Originally Posted by yisman View Post
    Because they didn't play in the playoffs?

Martin had a career that was clearly better than Davis's.
    Yes they did.

Anderson ran for only 40 yards against Baltimore in 2000, 69 against the Patriots and 36 against the Steelers in 2005.

Clinton Portis ran for 68 Yards against Indy in 2004.

Ruben Droughs ran for 28 Yards against Indy in 2005.

While Tatum Bell and Olandis Gary never made it to the playoffs.

Darkside Magick
    Black Box Algorithm
    Darkside Magick's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1258

It should also be added that during the 1998 season, the Broncos would get so far ahead of teams that they would often pull Davis out of games, so as to not risk injuring him. Davis recalls one time being asked at halftime if he wanted to play in the second half of one game against the Philadelphia Eagles. In all, TD sat out eight quarters in '98 (the equivalent to two full games). It's hard to fathom what records he may have broken had he played through full games that season.

think about that...he ran for 2008 yards that season....he could have ran for 2200!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ttwarrior1
    ttwarrior1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9788

c dillon???

paranoyd androyd
    paranoyd androyd's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 134523

neither deserve the hall what a joke

yisman
    yisman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 246162

While Tatum Bell and Olandis Gary never made it to the playoffs.

Those are probably the top two examples, in the first place.

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on
    HoulihansTX's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 295

You lost all credibility with the Sanders overrated statement.

rm18
    Update your status
    rm18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 207814

Sanders was a little overrated because he would run backwards and put the team in 2 and 14 but still way better than these two guys

Djstucky
    Djstucky's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 454

Quote Originally Posted by Louisvillekid1 View Post
    Your comparing TD to Gale Sayers now, wow....
    Agree here...I have to find where these folks are getting this shit to smoke...it's obviously great stuff...

arnoldrothstein
    arnoldrothstein's Avatar Become A Pro!

Listen all you fools all the hall of fames are jokes now they need yo change the name to the hall of the very good just barry larking hall of fame is the biggest joke every. Hall of fame is a joke now

BernardMadoff
    Sam Hurd +3000

Quote Originally Posted by rm18 View Post
    Sanders was a little overrated because he would run backwards and put the team in 2 and 14 but still way better than these two guys
    And would break for good yardage most of the time when he did it, what would you do with no O-line for most of your career?

BernardMadoff
    Sam Hurd +3000

Quote Originally Posted by arnoldrothstein View Post
    Listen all you fools all the hall of fames are jokes now they need yo change the name to the hall of the very good just barry larking hall of fame is the biggest joke every. Hall of fame is a joke now
    Yea even though I was a Reds fan and liked Larkin alot, I didnt think he deserved to get in, but when you consider he was a middle infielder and weigh that against other middle infielders then he probably does deserve it.

Grits n' Gravy
    Bigdaddyqh diddles kids
    Grits n' Gravy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41120

Quote Originally Posted by k13 View Post
    Is Fred Taylor a HOF'er too?
    HoF talent but too many injuries. When healthy he was a beast.

ttwarrior1
    ttwarrior1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9788

taylor will be 1st ballot because of what he did with an expansion team, fellas, its not all about yards and td's or superbowls

NYSportsGuy210
    NYSportsGuy210's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 131

Curtis Martin only got in because he meant a lot and played well in both major sports towns of Boston (New England) and New York.

Guess which two teams are in the Super Bowl this year?

That being said I agree he shouldn't be a first ballot HOF and I am SHOCKED that Bill Parcells didn't get in.

KKoz9
    KKoz9's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 114

Are kidding me. This guy should had not gotten in this fast, or before Terrell Davis. No one here could arguably said he was great running back. I don't believe he had a single spectacular playoff game in his career. In 10 playoffs game, Curtis Martin only had three 100 Yards rushing games.

Terrell Davis in 8 playoff game, he had seven 100 Yards rushing game, and the one he didn't get, he ran for 91 Yards. Davis was a great running back before his career got cut by injuries. It's sad to see one of the NFL greatest back to not get his due. The NFL of Hall of Fame is a joke now, when someone like Curtis Martin could get in this fast.

May as well put Jammal Anderson in too then...or maybe Timmy Smith?

Terrell Davis is no HOF'er Just a nice player who had a lot of carries and few really good years.

jabro21
    jabro21's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 326

I'm from boston so i saw a ton of martin, and obviously a ton after he left the pats. you can say what you want about the o-line in denver, and i've discussed this with my friends many times over the yrs, there is no doubt in any of our mind's that davis was the better back. he just ran harder and stronger and seemingly faster than martin. martin gets his credit based mostly on his longevity. was he a great back, yes, he just doesnt get mentioned with the elite names cause i truly don't think the talent was there to compare him with the very best backs that ever played. whenever he comes up in arguments, his proponents quickly point to his cumulative yardage, cause that is by far his strongest accomplishment, and really his only one when you compare him to the greats. he wins the argument vs davis a lot cause longevity is so positively looked upon in hof voting. If we were picking sides to win a game, I would take davis and wouldnt think twice. He had likely a better o-line and a better qb AND receivers, but to me its an eyeball test, I saw both backs run their whole careers, davis was a beast, martin was great, i dont compare the two on talent. if you want to discuss criteria for the hof, that's another issue, but i tend to favor who i think the best players are, and davis was the best when he played, and his numbers in those yrs prove it, and i think you give him the nod regardless of who his teammates were, elway had zero rings til davis came along. if you want to say davis didnt play long enough to get in, then that's another discussion.

Bcatswin
    Bcats Winning Everywhere
    Bcatswin's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5350

Quote Originally Posted by BernardMadoff View Post
    Chris Carter should be in.
    DING DING DING

Just reading this thread for the first time this guy before everyone. No Super Bowl but look at numbers.

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status
    MoneyLineDawg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Curtis Martin is a HOFamer for sure.....He did everything extremely well, played through injuries every season, had the best field vision from the rb position of just about anyone I've ever seen play......was a class act on and off the field.....and oh yeah, is 4th all-time rushing in the history of the nfl

There is something to be said for consistency, which Curtis Martin pretty much defines

Haters will be haters, but I'm happy to see him make it......he deserves it

First 12