wtf
    wtf's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 61

all i know there have been MANY circumstances i have gotten over 100% more dividend versus the pari mutual pools in racing, and i would be losing without betfair

BUT , the aussie rules are ridiculous and onerous , i know this is imposed by the australian government - but what are they trying to protect?

Hareeba!
    Hareeba!'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 20489

Quote Originally Posted by wtf View Post
    all i know there have been MANY circumstances i have gotten over 100% more dividend versus the pari mutual pools in racing, and i would be losing without betfair

BUT , the aussie rules are ridiculous and onerous , i know this is imposed by the australian government - but what are they trying to protect?
    The racing and sporting bodies are super keen to avoid fixing. They insist on being able to track who is betting in the event of an inquiry being opened.

For example no family or associates are permitted to lay horses or teams with which they have any connection so they insist on knowing who you are and being able to track you down if necessary to answer any questions.

Hareeba!

Just to once again stress the great advantage of playing at an exchange .... today I wanted 3.15 (+215) for a soccer team. I'd missed the price early in the day but posted the offer and all day it looked most unlikely to be matched. But in the last few seconds before the game started (as commonly does happen) it was.

You can't do that with a bookie. Of if you can, please let me know where.

A few years back Pinnacle did offer that facility but it didn't last long.

Before any smartarses jump in and want to know if the bet was a winner .. (absolutely irrelevant to my point).... I don't know yet ... but they are a goal up at half time.

and fwiw ... yes it turned out to be a 2-1 winner
    Last edited by Hareeba!; 02-03-12 at 04:58 AM.

Ace_of_Spades
    Golazo De Riverrrr!
    Ace_of_Spades's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 79

Even with the charges, i'd rather bet with Betfair. Only place you can actually win and make money. Betfair gives you the option of being able to win small or large profit and or getting out and losing minimal stakes.

Pat McCrotch
    Update your status
    Pat McCrotch's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Hareeba! View Post
    Just to once again stress the great advantage of playing at an exchange .... today I wanted 3.15 (+215) for a soccer team. I'd missed the price early in the day but posted the offer and all day it looked most unlikely to be matched. But in the last few seconds before the game started (as commonly does happen) it was.

You can't do that with a bookie. Of if you can, please let me know where.

A few years back Pinnacle did offer that facility but it didn't last long.

Before any smartarses jump in and want to know if the bet was a winner .. (absolutely irrelevant to my point).... I don't know yet ... but they are a goal up at half time.

betfair is decent for getting prices, but u have to admit that over the last year more and more people have been complaining about betfair,

do u not think they have got greedy?

i bet within another year or so they will think of some other charge for the players.

in my opinion pinnacle is a far better book to deal with.

you say you are in profit at betfair, if you were ever to hit the premium charge amount would you still be able to play there?

would the prices minus the pc still make betfair number 1?

I think the answer is no which means betfair aint a place for serious winners.

Hareeba!

Quote Originally Posted by Pat McCrotch View Post
    betfair is decent for getting prices, but u have to admit that over the last year more and more people have been complaining about betfair,

do u not think they have got greedy?

i bet within another year or so they will think of some other charge for the players.

in my opinion pinnacle is a far better book to deal with.

you say you are in profit at betfair, if you were ever to hit the premium charge amount would you still be able to play there?

would the prices minus the pc still make betfair number 1?

I think the answer is no which means betfair aint a place for serious winners.
    Yes, I agree they appear to have gotten greedy. I despise the PC concept.

I don't think it will get any worse though. They must be starting to feel the anger.

Pinnacle is good but I wouldn't be without both. I couldn't have got on this soccer match at Pinnacle today at the odds I wanted.

If I were to be subjected to the PC then I would have to very seriously consider my future at Betfair. I doubt I could justify betting with it.

However I remain very confident that I can keep under the PC radar.

No. I don't agree that Betfair isn't a place for serious winners who can handle the way they work.

Ace_of_Spades
    Golazo De Riverrrr!

and fwiw ... yes it turned out to be a 2-1 winner
    Chievo?

Hareeba!

Quote Originally Posted by Ace_of_Spades View Post
    Chievo?
    Wellington

Ace_of_Spades
    Golazo De Riverrrr!

Wellington
    Ah, night game.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Betfair is a live bettors dream and a horseracing players dream

Any serious player is betfair if he bets live

Asa far as pre game betting Pinnacle on par with them
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: davidchong

Hareeba!

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Betfair is a live bettors dream and a horseracing players dream

Any serious player is betfair if he bets live

Asa far as pre game betting Pinnacle on par with them
    and don't leave out Matchbook for US pro. sports

jjgold

Matchbook is ok but nervous about who owns it and its safety

TennisProFrance
    TennisProFrance's Avatar Become A Pro!

I have been with bf since they started, professional gambling has provided my income during this period. I have never paid any PC, for most of the poeple it effects, we are smart enough to figure out ways around it. As the same way we do about never getting limitied with key books.

tommygun
    Hareeba! for Prime Minister
    tommygun's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 638

this thread is the biggest load of crap on SBR, many of the statements are made by ignorant people who have no idea what they are talking about what-so-ever

jjgold

Betfair is an A+ Book

Most know this worldwide

By far best tennis book in world

hels
    hels's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by tommygun View Post
    this thread is the biggest load of crap on SBR, many of the statements are made by ignorant people who have no idea what they are talking about what-so-ever
    What are your thoughts on betfair and PC?

hels

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Betfair is an A+ Book

Most know this worldwide

By far best tennis book in world
    I do believe SBR has it rated as an A or A- can't remember which.

In the summer a guy cashed out 3.1 million and betfair gave the withdrawal money to a financer who is only giving it in installments. It will take 3 years for the guy to receive the whole sum.

They've seized accounts on speculation of insider betting (without proof).

Hareeba!

Quote Originally Posted by hels View Post
    I do believe SBR has it rated as an A or A- can't remember which.

In the summer a guy cashed out 3.1 million and betfair gave the withdrawal money to a financer who is only giving it in installments. It will take 3 years for the guy to receive the whole sum.

They've seized accounts on speculation of insider betting (without proof).
    Don't condemn them unless you are in possession of all the facts of those cases.

hels

Don't condemn them unless you are in possession of all the facts of those cases.
    Simple proof. Keep up to date on this stuff before getting involved.

youtube not linking properly: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=lIFThu-kX5c

Hareeba!

Simple proof. Keep up to date on this stuff before getting involved.

youtube not linking properly: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=lIFThu-kX5c
    very old story with far too many unknowns and unanswered questions

basic fact is Betfair paid out to the entity nominated by the account holder

tommygun
    Hareeba! for Prime Minister
    tommygun's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 638

What are your thoughts on betfair and PC?
    My thoughts are you can't go past betfair, I am hit with the premium charge which i don't agree with but am currently using other exchanges as well as betfair to limit the damage.

brettels
    brettels's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16

Hareeba with paddy power being an organization that you hate, how do you feel about betfair poaching paddy power staff? seems if they want something done right, employ paddy power staff! article

Hareeba!

Quote Originally Posted by brettels View Post
    Hareeba with paddy power being an organization that you hate, how do you feel about betfair poaching paddy power staff? seems if they want something done right, employ paddy power staff! article
    My great beef with PP is their crap stake limiting policy. An exchange won't ever do that no matter the background of the CEO.

brettels

What limiting policy? I haven't been limited!

austin
    austin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 28

then you do something wrong

Hareeba!

Most punters I'm in touch with and the forums are full of complaints about Paddy Power, IAS and Sportsbet limiting viciously. I simply can't get a bet worth placing on sports with any of them.

hels

Most punters I'm in touch with and the forums are full of complaints about Paddy Power, IAS and Sportsbet limiting viciously. I simply can't get a bet worth placing on sports with any of them.
    You work for betfair so keep complaining about all the other sites.

Hareeba!

You work for betfair so keep complaining about all the other sites.
    come back only when you have something of value to contribute

brettels

I don't actually use paddy, just sportsbet. NO limiting done to me. I know its happened to you but the number of people being limited is probably very exaggerated and some lies by shills, despite what you think.

Hareeba!

I don't actually use paddy, just sportsbet. NO limiting done to me. I know its happened to you but the number of people being limited is probably very exaggerated and some lies by shills, despite what you think.
    I can't believe that people would waste time posting lies about it. I suspect the number limited is far greater than you would imagine.

brettels

Thats just what you think, means bugger all to me.

lifemagnetic
    lifemagnetic's Avatar Become A Pro!

Why dont you just get out now and open a different account? I didn't check every detail over that you speak of or done any math to try and figure out another way around this, but, it you are hitting some threshold that will end up costing you, get out before you hit it maybe? I don't know who they will handle you if you do that, or whether that makes sense at all, just throwing an idea out there for ya, good luck. That sounds very complicated and there must be other options like pinny, SI, 5 dimes etc for guys who are not at the level of betting of those who can make that system work for them....

in play, run(s)
    in play, run(s)'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 36

Quote Originally Posted by wantitall4moi View Post
    No but wait all the wannabe sharps claim it is the best thing going because it handles billions in play.

Shows what these so called smart guys know.

I told peopel betfair was a joke along long time ago. Everyone loves to try and use math and the typical catch phrases to try and defend it. But simple addition, subtraction, and multiplication is all you need to use to see youre getting buried in vig/commission/taxes/premiums there. They charge you for 3 or 4 things, those all add up after awhile. It is like a bank that charges you for everything you do with them. Its only a bucck or tweo here and there but after awhile it all adds up. They dont offer nearly enough good options to come close to being able to do what they do there.

I am sure the guys who swear by them will come in with their typical rhetoric but if you are a winning player or an advantage player and are really serious about making a profit from gambling (betfair theoretical target clientele) theyre pretty much the worst option available.
    Hahaha, agree. Nothing to add here. Most people would be way better off playing somewhere else. It's like flying with a cheap airline, tickets will cost a third, but they charge you for food, using the toilet and how much your suitcase weighs...
    Last edited by in play, run(s); 02-11-12 at 06:37 PM.

RawBillyIce
    Big Bad Billy's, Sweet William Now!!
    RawBillyIce's Avatar Become A Pro!

Does Pinnacle take US players ?

jjgold

Quote Originally Posted by RawBillyIce View Post
    Does Pinnacle take US players ?
    No sir

First 1234 Last