NHL Pro Capper
    NHL Pro Capper's Avatar Become A Pro!

Israel/US Attack on Iran Prop Bet Odds

What would you say the odds would be?

Setting up a bet with a friend and I say before the end of the year...he says no way, i say yes way

War meaning multiple attacks via aircraft/cruise missile, spec ops ADMITTED incursions, not the ones already this year taking out Iran's Nuke scientists like lame ducks...

What choo guys think?

+150 for yes? ...more?

Allure
    Allure's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15121

Let's go IRAN!

hels
    hels's Avatar Become A Pro!

Might not happen this year. There has been obvious escalation but there needs to be a higher level of perceived threat to the US.

Israel may go in on their own without forewarning. Your best bet is to take Israel at +300 or something. The US government will basically have to launch a larger smear campaign to make the people that Iran is going to use their nukes.

Emily_Haines
    Emily_Haines's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15296

never going to happen

US is a paper tiger all talk and no action

all these rouge nations they hate (North Korea, India, Pakistan) all developed nukes and they couldn't do jack shit about it

rkelly110
    rkelly110's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10576

+150 sounds good to me.

Just like NK, we won't do anything unless we are fired upon.

sickler
    Facade 101
    sickler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2983

Quote Originally Posted by rkelly110 View Post
    +150 sounds good to me.

Just like NK, we won't do anything unless we are fired upon.
    But what about Israel? They knocked out Iraq's reactor

Iced
    Iced's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

How would the US react if Iran was assassinating scientists at government agencies like the DoD and universities like MIT?

Iced
    Iced's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Here's some serious input from an article today: http://www.washingtonpost.com/opinio...TkQ_story.html

"Panetta believes there is strong likelihood that Israel will strike Iran in April, May or June — before Iran enters what Israelis described as a “zone of immunity” to commence building a nuclear bomb. Very soon, the Israelis fear, the Iranians will have enough enriched uranium in deep underground facilities to make a weapon — and only the U.S. could then stop them militarily."

ETA: I think there is a >50% chance a war begins against Iran in 2012. Probably about 65%.
    Last edited by Iced; 02-02-12 at 12:20 PM.

rkelly110
    rkelly110's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10576

Quote Originally Posted by sickler View Post
    But what about Israel? They knocked out Iraq's reactor
    I thought he meant the US only. If that's the case he already won.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21629

Intrade has this exact prop and the last trade was at 29.5% (bid/ask is 22.2/29.2) Fair line is maybe +250. You're getting ripped of at +150.

eidolon
    USA
    eidolon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15766

we are in an election year...won't happen. I'll take next year before the end of July

byronbb
    byronbb's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2284

intrade.com

Sam Odom
    Sam Odom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

'October Surprise'

dante1
    dante1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 392

According to reports Iran has taken many precautions you do know they are not stupid right. They realize Israel has done this before. First many of the very sensitive sites are deep underground. Second they are greatly dispersed over a very large country and their security has been upgraded. Add to this the fact that they are super paranoid to begin with. This will not be an easy assignment for the Israelis. Doesn't mean they won't try but when they do they will be prepared, they never do anything half ass.

Sam Odom

1st things you do... knockout communications & power. There are high tech means

then stealth bombers go in and drop special deep burrowing heavy bombs and get out undetected

Sam Odom

from Nov 2011

Pentagon officials are speaking publicly about the military's new 30,000-pound massive ordnance penetrator, or MOP, known now as the biggest "bunker-busting bomb" in the world.

The Air Force has already received an undisclosed number of these bombs from Boeing, all designed to fit exclusively with the B-2 and B-52 bombers.

Grits n' Gravy
    Bigdaddyqh diddles kids
    Grits n' Gravy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41120

As long as Emily is strapped to a bomb I am all for it.
    Points Awarded:

NHL Pro Capper gave Grits n' Gravy 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 3 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: SportsPedagogy, andywend, and NHL Pro Capper

Hurls
    Hurls's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 663

Quote Originally Posted by Emily_Haines View Post
    never going to happen

US is a paper tiger all talk and no action

all these rouge nations they hate (North Korea, India, Pakistan) all developed nukes and they couldn't do jack shit about it
    what country are you from? emo girl

Sam Odom

Quote Originally Posted by Grits n' Gravy View Post

As long as Emily is strapped to a bomb I am all for it.

(not LOL @ Emily) but the 1st picture that popped into my mind

Attached Images  
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Grits n' Gravy

dante1
    dante1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 392

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Odom View Post
    from Nov 2011 Pentagon officials are speaking publicly about the military's new 30,000-pound massive ordnance penetrator, or MOP, known now as the biggest "bunker-busting bomb" in the world. The Air Force has already received an undisclosed number of these bombs from Boeing, all designed to fit exclusively with the B-2 and B-52 bombers.

That is great, however you need to know where the facilities are before any weapon will be effective. If I was in charge in Iran I would have 50 fake sites with all the workings of a real site. And those guys are much sharper than I am so I am sure they have thought about this for a while. Don't get me wrong please I am not cheering for Iran and if I had to bet my money would be on Israel but this will not be easy.

Emily_Haines

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Odom View Post
    from Nov 2011

Pentagon officials are speaking publicly about the military's new 30,000-pound massive ordnance penetrator, or MOP, known now as the biggest "bunker-busting bomb" in the world.

The Air Force has already received an undisclosed number of these bombs from Boeing, all designed to fit exclusively with the B-2 and B-52 bombers.

Those things are just a waste. Iran has their facilities buried deep inside mountains. You could drop your biggest nuke right on top of it and it wont even knock over a glass of water.

sickler
    Facade 101
    sickler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2983

Quote Originally Posted by dante1 View Post
    According to reports Iran has taken many precautions you do know they are not stupid right. They realize Israel has done this before. First many of the very sensitive sites are deep underground. Second they are greatly dispersed over a very large country and their security has been upgraded. Add to this the fact that they are super paranoid to begin with. This will not be an easy assignment for the Israelis. Doesn't mean they won't try but when they do they will be prepared, they never do anything half ass.
    Right but tactical nukes will take care of that.

SportsPedagogy
    SportsPedagogy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 266

Those things are just a waste. Iran has their facilities buried deep inside mountains. You could drop your biggest nuke right on top of it and it wont even knock over a glass of water.
    You been there ? or are you just taking irans word for it ? You people swear you are sharps, it is hilarious. seriously though, move to a different country please and thank you. (Even though your from Canada but you swear you have dual citizenship)

Walter Abrams Jr
    Walter Abrams Jr's Avatar Become A Pro!

I guess you've never seen the hole left at hiroshima. I believe its still there to this day. That was years ago. I cant even imagine what the US has up their sleeve now in regards to weapons.

SportsPedagogy
    SportsPedagogy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 266

Quote Originally Posted by Walter Abrams Jr View Post
    I guess you've never seen the hole left at hiroshima. I believe its still there to this day. That was years ago. I cant even imagine what the US has up their sleeve now in regards to weapons.
    What ? Emily knows everything ! How dare you challenge what he says. We sheeple need to bow down at this enlightened person and thank him for taking time out of his VERY BUSY DAY to post on this site and make us well aware of how horrible we have it in the united states! Things are so horrible, but unlike that cruise ship captain, Emily is a real man and he is going to stay here and go down with the ship. Everybody start staying up and get used to being exhausted, it is going to be some long days in the Chinese sweat shops !

Emily_Haines

Quote Originally Posted by SportsPedagogy View Post
    What ? Emily knows everything ! How dare you challenge what he says. We sheeple need to bow down at this enlightened person and thank him for taking time out of his VERY BUSY DAY to post on this site and make us well aware of how horrible we have it in the united states! Things are so horrible, but unlike that cruise ship captain, Emily is a real man and he is going to stay here and go down with the ship. Everybody start staying up and get used to being exhausted, it is going to be some long days in the Chinese sweat shops !
    They been talking about how Iran is just one year away from making a nuke for the last ten years. If they were so close to a nuke 10 years ago you would have thought that they would have done something by now, but they haven't. USA just talking out their ass in regards to Iran as usual. Plus US only likes to go to war against cup cakes. With China and Russia saying they will get involved and Iran's military strength the chances of the USA starting something are a million to one. In all honesty if the USA knows whats best they will stick to their cowardly sanctions with the rest of the Euro pussies.

Grits n' Gravy
    Bigdaddyqh diddles kids
    Grits n' Gravy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41120

Quote Originally Posted by SportsPedagogy View Post

You been there ? or are you just taking irans word for it ? You people swear you are sharps, it is hilarious. seriously though, move to a different country please and thank you. (Even though your from Canada but you swear you have dual citizenship)
    Emily hasn't been right about a prediction in his entire life. Still waiting for him to move out of the country.

Emily_Haines

Quote Originally Posted by Grits n' Gravy View Post
    Emily hasn't been right about a prediction in his entire life. Still waiting for him to move out of the country.
    yep, that's why heritage, sia, bodog, etc all kicked me out because i'm so poor at predicting outcomes. When it comes to US foreign policy I am hands down the expert in this forum.

The Kraken
    The Kraken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 532

Emily is Iranian-American, just found this out

jerry
    jerry's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 442

It's extremely important to the Chinese that Iran does not become a puppet state of the US. China has leverage that they can use. They're holding about a 900 billion in US debt. If they start dumping it, the US dollar will plunge.

China will then be holding worthless US dollars, but if they feel it's in their national interest, they may do it. Everybody has their red line.

flyingillini
    flyingillini's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2187

Israel will never be defeated.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: GamblerSpirit

onetrickpony
    onetrickpony's Avatar Become A Pro!

hope china and russia protect iran

Sam Odom

Very Interesting Read On This Topic

http://www.washingtonpost.com/opinio...TkQ_print.html

FourLengthsClear
    King of the Idiots
    FourLengthsClear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 508

I don't see it happening personally.

Israel can't be seen to be acting unilaterally without setting off a wider conflict and the issue is too politically sensitive in the US in an election year. The nuclear genie is already out of the bottle as far as the Islamic world is concerned anyway. Notwithstanding the Sunni/Shia thing proliferation stemming from Pakistan is a sure thing, right?

john230
    john230's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by flyingillini View Post
    Israel will never be defeated.

Israel is a beacon of freedom surrounded by a stronghold of tyranny. Benjamin Netanyahu is one tough customer, and he will do everything in his power to stop the Iranian fanatics from getting the big Bomb.

123 Last