zsr
    zsr's Avatar Become A Pro!

YouHave2outs
    YouHave2outs's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 198

how many times will you be wrong about the lakers. you are 3/3 on the season.

crustyme
    dont i look killer?
    crustyme's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 39

he may not have any clue about the lakers..... but he does know his whores. when cinnamon came to my home, she knocked softly and did not clock watch.

William Walters
    William Walters's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 233

wanti predicted 5 wins for the month.........already at 7 with two to go.

Looking like 8-5 on the month (tough one in OKC tonight and then the Wolves back at Staples should be a Lakers W). Not bad considering that 9 of the 13 games were/are on the road.

Pauulzcappin
    Pauulzcappin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 568

But WW, the Lakers are gonna be a lottery team this year. I predict a 24-42 record!

darkhat
    darkhat's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2882

Quote Originally Posted by Pauulzcappin View Post
    But WW, the Lakers are gonna be a lottery team this year. I predict a 24-42 record!

wantitall4moi
    wantitall4moi's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3834

theyll need the head start if they trade gasol away watch them tank it. They still have april to contend with. 5-6 wins there and they really better hope these other teams continue to flounder. As it is even with the 'good' wins theyre still only 2.5 games out of a 9 seed.

So like I say there is still no guarantee they make the play offs even now. I just dont see them getting equal 'value; for gasol so that might just be a move to get rid of a big salary and not even try this year. Who really knows.

Theyre not that good, and a road win against Dallas surely doesnt suddenyl make them a real contender. It was the only really decent win they have had this year, but as it was refs made sure they got it as they got 31 free throws, had they made 50% it would have been a blow out. dallas got hammered and only got to the line a 15 times. As it was lakers got called for 17 fouls ut Dallas with only 20 fouls called on them were supposedly in the act of shooting and thus gave Lakers twice as many free throw attempts.

Lakers got outplayed in the game but a classic example of how certain things can be used to help a team win. Dallas took 90 shots, Lakers took 76.

Scoreboard is scoreboard, but yet another fake score and a fake win to ad to the other fake wins they have had.

While people have cried about Lakers not getting the league support they used it it is apparent in their close games, Lakers have won every close game but one, and that one the refs did everything they could to help them.

William Walters

Quote Originally Posted by darkhat View Post

Pauulzcappin
    Pauulzcappin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 568

They are also 3 games from 2nd place. fukking idiot.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: William Walters

William Walters

Quote Originally Posted by wantitall4moi View Post
    theyll need the head start if they trade gasol away watch them tank it. They still have april to contend with. 5-6 wins there and they really better hope these other teams continue to flounder. As it is even with the 'good' wins theyre still only 2.5 games out of a 9 seed.

So like I say there is still no guarantee they make the play offs even now. I just dont see them getting equal 'value; for gasol so that might just be a move to get rid of a big salary and not even try this year. Who really knows.

Theyre not that good, and a road win against Dallas surely doesnt suddenyl make them a real contender. It was the only really decent win they have had this year, but as it was refs made sure they got it as they got 31 free throws, had they made 50% it would have been a blow out. dallas got hammered and only got to the line a 15 times. As it was lakers got called for 17 fouls ut Dallas with only 20 fouls called on them were supposedly in the act of shooting and thus gave Lakers twice as many free throw attempts.

Lakers got outplayed in the game but a classic example of how certain things can be used to help a team win. Dallas took 90 shots, Lakers took 76.

Scoreboard is scoreboard, but yet another fake score and a fake win to ad to the other fake wins they have had.

While people have cried about Lakers not getting the league support they used it it is apparent in their close games, Lakers have won every close game but one, and that one the refs did everything they could to help them.

Pure gold wantitall........PURE FUKKIN GOLD!!!

wantitall4moi
    wantitall4moi's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3834

Quote Originally Posted by Pauulzcappin View Post
    They are also 3 games from 2nd place. fukking idiot.
    LMAO if you really think this team has played good enough basketball to get a second seed you really are deluded. But that is typical myopia I suppose.

Team has been life and death in just about every win. I think they have had 3 or 4 no doubt about it wins out of the 20 or so they have won, and those were only at home against the worst teams in the league. So that means 14 or 15 of them could have gone either way.

They have shown a small spark as they rally around Pau but I dont expect that to last, and if he is traded that might actually backfire as guys get down in the dumps about it.

Even as a 5 seed right now and them winning a couple more games here or there than I thought they would it is still a 50/50 prop that they make it in the play offs.

As it is the other teams are collapsing more than the lakers are actually playing better. Utah has fallen off like Ui said they would, Houston hasnt come on like i thought, Golden St is floundering, den has floundered somewhat lately, Portland sucks on the road (just like the Lakers) .

Lakers are going to also start losing home games, they arent going to go 31-2 at home thats for sure. So these few road wins they have found will be evened out as they start to get beat at Staples.

But yeah this thread was for this month. I figured 5-8. They probably go 7-6, maybe 8-5. I still think Minn can beat them in LA. But I also said they would go 9-8 next month, so if they go 7-10 then what? These 'good' wins they got will be evened out with a worse record in march. They have 3 sets of back to back road games, against bad teams to be sure but that is a weird lay out for a schedule. They 'should' go 4-2 in them but 2-4 wouldnt be a shock either even though theyre against bad teams.

Lakers have been healthy, had almost no issues, other than this trade thing and are way ahead of the curve there. Bynum could go down at any minute or they could just plain start to wear down under the schedule. Everyone likes to look at best case scenarios obviously but even if they do tough it out and maintain it is actually a better thing for someone who doesnt like them because they'll more than likely be a first round sweep. Maybe win a token game.

Like I say having them not make the lottery is actually a better scenario, but they still arent good enough in my opinion to be a no brainer play off team.

zsr

lakers are obviously a playoff team, theres a legitimate chance they get to the WCF, we've seen how good they are when they commit. And yet your still trying to convince yourself there a lottery team?

Think about this, there in what, the 5 seed? While getting NOTHING out of there bench. Imagine if the bench starts to play better basketball.

William, any word on arenas? Haven't heard anything since the workout?

William Walters

William Walters

Quote Originally Posted by zsr View Post
    lakers are obviously a playoff team, theres a legitimate chance they get to the WCF, we've seen how good they are when they commit. And yet your still trying to convince yourself there a lottery team?

Think about this, there in what, the 5 seed? While getting NOTHING out of there bench. Imagine if the bench starts to play better basketball.

William, any word on arenas? Haven't heard anything since the workout?
    Word is the Lakers aren't going to commit to anything until they know what's happening with Howard. They want to keep all their chips in case they need them to try and make something work.

Personally, I think they'll end up with a middle of the road PG (obviously better than what they currently have) and decent to mediocre PF with the trade exemption, draft pick/s, etc. IF...they can make these upgrades....and keep their big three in tact....they could make some serious noise in the playoffs.

dmitean
    dmitean's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3106

You have to look at the bottom line and that is you were wrong in your prediction. All it matters is the W, not how they got it.

zsr

Quote Originally Posted by William Walters View Post

Word is the Lakers aren't going to commit to anything until they know what's happening with Howard. They want to keep all their chips in case they need them to try and make something work.

Personally, I think they'll end up with a middle of the road PG (obviously better than what they currently have) and decent to mediocre PF with the trade exemption, draft pick/s, etc. IF...they can make these upgrades....and keep their big three in tact....they could make some serious noise in the playoffs.
    I agree, I think someone like Ramon sessions would be nice. I would think Gilbert would be a nice upgrade off the bench to play either point or shooting guard, but who knows. I expected kapano to have a bigger role too. Guy can flat out shoot. I don't understand the pau trade rumors, trading him for anybody other than Dwight would be a big mistake IMO.. Someone like Beasley would be interesting addition too. Kobe would keep him in line.

I still think they can beat OKC in a 7 game series. Kobe can play Russ, Metta is still an above average defender(most of the time). And the bigs would dominate the glass. They'd be underdogs obviously, but I think people are being foolish writing them off.
    Last edited by zsr; 02-23-12 at 01:54 PM.

William Walters

I agree, I think someone like Ramon sessions would be nice. I would think Gilbert would be a nice upgrade off the bench to play either point or shooting guard, but who knows. I expected kapano to have a bigger role too. Guy can flat out shoot. I don't understand the pau trade rumors, trading him for anybody other than Dwight would be a big mistake IMO.. Someone like Beasley would be interesting addition too. Kobe would keep him in line.

I still think they can beat OKC in a 7 game series. Kobe can play Russ, Metta is still an above average defender(most of the time). And the bigs would dominate the glass. They'd be underdogs obviously, but I think people are being foolish writing them off.
    Sessions & Beasley are the two names that keep coming up. Are you local (SoCal)?

zsr

Sessions & Beasley are the two names that keep coming up. Are you local (SoCal)?
    No I'm in Chicago, bulls fan. Just always been a Kobe fan too as long as he's not playing the bulls.

Pau coming to Chicago is the dumbest trade rumor I've ever heard, who in hell would trade pau for booz and cj watson

William Walters

No I'm in Chicago, bulls fan. Just always been a Kobe fan too as long as he's not playing the bulls.

Pau coming to Chicago is the dumbest trade rumor I've ever heard, who in hell would trade pau for booz and cj watson
    Chicago is a great sports town.

I usually fly in for the USC/Notre Dame game......stay in Chicago.......drive in to South Bend on gameday. Also have been to Wrigley a couple of times. Between the bars, stadium and atmosphere..........unreal!

zsr

Chicago is a great sports town.

I usually fly in for the USC/Notre Dame game......stay in Chicago.......drive in to South Bend on gameday. Also have been to Wrigley a couple of times. Between the bars, stadium and atmosphere..........unreal!
    I love it, such a diehard sports town, whether it's at the united center, soldier, or wrigley field, doesn't get any better!

I can imagine staples is exactly the same though, especially during the playoffs.

William Walters

I love it, such a diehard sports town, whether it's at the united center, soldier, or wrigley field, doesn't get any better!

I can imagine staples is exactly the same though, especially during the playoffs.
    When the Lakers played at The Forum in Inglewood it was FANNNNNNTASTIC. Staples is nice, but the atmosphere is nothing like it was back in the day of "Showtime". Sure, Staples can get loud, but from a pure game experience........nothing like The Fabulous Forum.

cruzing vato
    cruzing vato's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 232

7-4 so far, with 2 games left...

Is it too late to guess 8-5???

gauchojake
    Have Some Asthma
    gauchojake's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13188

When the Lakers played at The Forum in Inglewood it was FANNNNNNTASTIC. Staples is nice, but the atmosphere is nothing like it was back in the day of "Showtime". Sure, Staples can get loud, but from a pure game experience........nothing like The Fabulous Forum.
    City of Champions, baby. People used to actually cheer for the team back in the day. Now if you yell in the 200 section or lower people look at you with the crooked eye.

On a side note I hope Jimmy Buss dies of a cocaine OD before he completely ruins the team.

zsr

Looks like 8-5

Buried again.

First 12