daimoshokage
    daimoshokage's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 57

Mayweather offers Pacquiao a flat fee of $40 million to fight! Says no to 50/50!

http://mmapayout.com/2012/01/mayweat...lion-to-fight/

Floyd Mayweather offered Manny Pacquiao a $40 million flat fee to fight on May 5th. The offer would mean that Mayweather would keep any PPV, gate and any other fight revenue from the long-awaited matchup.

No. 1 reason the fight will not happen..
    Floyd would like to take most the profit.. Fukk us boxing fans..

Djstucky
    Djstucky's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 454

I will let him kick my a$$ for 40 mill...
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: BIGDAY

wantitall4moi
    wantitall4moi's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3834

Thats why I LMAO at people who think Mayweather was actually serious with the challenge.

Mayweathers 'challenge' was akin to JJ gold challenging Billy Walters to a heads up handicapping contest but only if JJ could bet betpoints.

zsr
    zsr's Avatar Become A Pro!

What a shock, Floyd putting on a great show in public while never actually being serious about the fight. Who could have seen this coming.

sweethook
    sweethook's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10260

this fight and all fights should be winner take all

daimoshokage
    daimoshokage's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 57

Should be 60-40.. The winner takes 60 and the loser gets 40.. But it's too ideal so it will not happen..

SharpBoxing
    SharpBoxing's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5521

$40 million would be pacquiao's biggest payday. He should just leave Arum and sign the fight.I Dont see a problem with Mayweathers offer.

FindTheLock
    FindTheLock's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 191

40 million is a substantial amount of money regardless of what the other guy gets. If I were Pac I would jump on that 40 million and if/after pac wins, then pac can offer the same deal to mayweather in the rematch.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: eidolon

Theejamus
    Update your status
    Theejamus's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 885

no reason pac would take flat 40 when mayweather could make up to 150mil++

shady610
    shady610's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8603

Mannys last 2 fights sold better than floyd's. So he is being unreasonable to think he can have the commanding lead in the revenue.

At this point he is running out of options. He has no viable opponents to fight in may. Especially since berto was hurt, there is not shot at him getting it after the Ortiz fight.

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR
    Chi_archie's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2260

this fight is never gonna happen. well not until these guys are old and desperate for money

turlis
    turlis's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 540

They both are very overrated and money slaves.

DiggityDaggityDo
    DiggityDaggityDo's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 32138

Floyd knows manny wont take tbis deal.

But manny SHOULD take this deal just to surprise the shit out of floyd!!!
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: infamousbacardi

crustyme
    dont i look killer?
    crustyme's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 39

more proof that pu$$yweather is afraid.

he keeps throwing out these ridiculous conditions that no one in pac-mans position would accept. never seen someone try so hard not to fight someone.

where are lou and bobby to defend their yellow bellied coward?

wantitall4moi
    wantitall4moi's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3834

It is also funny that Mayweather thinks he is the guy who can set the terms.

smoke a bowl
    smoke a bowl's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14472

Quote Originally Posted by SharpBoxing View Post
    $40 million would be pacquiao's biggest payday. He should just leave Arum and sign the fight.I Dont see a problem with Mayweathers offer.
    Of course you don't. Floyd's a scared little pussie.

shady610
    shady610's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8603

i dont even know what floyd is scared of. He is easily the most skilled guy that would pick manny apart

ttrace35
    ttrace35's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1782

This reminds me a little of tyson vs holyfield. Should have fought before tyson went to jail. Always wonder how it would have turned out. Tyson was done by the time they fought.

smoke a bowl
    smoke a bowl's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14472

This is the main reason boxing has slipped so far in recent years. Meanwhile the UFC constantly has the best fighting the best.

bobby heenan
    Update your status
    bobby heenan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 75

Quote Originally Posted by shady610 View Post
    i dont even know what floyd is scared of. He is easily the most skilled guy that would pick manny apart
    simply put....hes not afraid

you guys need to understand the nature of mannys contracts with top rank...and you have to understand that floyd is his own boss...people commenting on this proposal have no idea how this business works and how both men get paid...you would also have to understand the nature of floyd and bob arums relationship.....arum is the reason this fight cant get made...and everyone with common sense and a brain knows it

infamousbacardi
    Alone In a Room
    infamousbacardi's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 132

W/ nonsensical offers like this, people just need to ignore Mayweather once and for all...buh bye. Off to jail. I've heard enough from this clown....talks talks and talks some more, then when push comes to shove he says, "Here you go Manny, I'll fight you, but I get 66% of the revenue"....umm, no.

He just needs to go waste away in jail, blow some more of his money before he goes, and hopefully he spends enough time in jail rotting away that no one gives a shit about him when he gets out. Such a tool.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: SBR_John

bobby heenan
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by smoke a bowl View Post
    This is the main reason boxing has slipped so far in recent years. Meanwhile the UFC constantly has the best fighting the best.
    pretty easy to put the best against the best in the ufc......they show rashad evans living/training from some plush house that is rented for him for a weeks...meanwhile his mom is living in in some 900 square foot house in ny or wherever......these guys make relative peanuts....andre berto probably has more money and assets than any of the top fighters in the ufc....pretty easy to match the best against the best when you have a monopoly and these guys need a big win just to get a shot at a chance for some real decent money

bobby heenan
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by infamousbacardi View Post
    W/ nonsensical offers like this, people just need to ignore Mayweather once and for all...buh bye. Off to jail. I've heard enough from this clown....talks talks and talks some more, then when push comes to shove he says, "Here you go Manny, I'll fight you, but I get 66% of the revenue"....umm, no.

He just needs to go waste away in jail, blow some more of his money before he goes, and hopefully he spends enough time in jail rotting away that no one gives a shit about him when he gets out. Such a tool.
    again...another know nothing retard

floyd is his own boss....his own promoter....golden boy is simply used as liaison to promote his fights from a marketing standpoint...floyd paid victor ortiz out of his own pocket......the 40 mil that floyd is offering is more than fair...in fact its probably more than what manny would see when bob arum takes his percentage out of mannys money

infamousbacardi
    Alone In a Room

Quote Originally Posted by bobby heenan View Post
    pretty easy to put the best against the best in the ufc......they show rashad evans living/training from some plush house that is rented for him for a weeks...meanwhile his mom is living in in some 900 square foot house in ny or wherever......these guys make relative peanuts....andre berto probably has more money and assets than any of the top fighters in the ufc....pretty easy to match the best against the best when you have a monopoly and these guys need a big win just to get a shot at a chance for some real decent money
    You are right, but as fans...that makes for the perfect storm...not guys like Mayweather whining and avoiding fights and the fans never being able to see the top fighters in their sport and the only 2 anyone cares about anymore even fight eachother. If Manny can't fight Mayweather, then the sport should just go away altogether, because it's pretty much the only fight anyone that's not a die-hard boxing fan would care about and/or get excited about anymore.

infamousbacardi
    Alone In a Room

again...another know nothing retard floyd is his own boss....his own promoter....golden boy is simply used as liaison to promote his fights from a marketing standpoint...floyd paid victor ortiz out of his own pocket......the 40 mil that floyd is offering is more than fair...in fact its probably more than what manny would see when bob arum takes his percentage out of mannys money
    A "know nothing retard". Good one. You may know all their is to know about THIS business, but if you think what you just said is true you know nothing about actual business. Why would he "settle" for $40 Million and give up on the golden word of all business, "POTENTIAL" money. This fight is the only one any casual fan of boxing like myself would care about for the next 10 years...it's THE FIGHT. THE ONLY FIGHT anyone outside of die-hard boxing fan circles will get up for...you would have people watching this fight that haven't watched an actual boxing match in 10 years, maybe more. This is THE fight...why on Earth would you give up on the POTENTIAL business and money that could be made from this mega-fight for a flat fee??

I imagine you'd have to be a "know nothing retard" to do that.

bobby heenan
    Update your status

A "know nothing retard". Good one. You may know all their is to know about THIS business, but if you think what you just said is true you know nothing about actual business. Why would he "settle" for $40 Million and give up on the golden word of all business, "POTENTIAL" money. This fight is the only one any casual fan of boxing like myself would care about for the next 10 years...it's THE FIGHT. THE ONLY FIGHT anyone outside of die-hard boxing fan circles will get up for...you would have people watching this fight that haven't watched an actual boxing match in 10 years, maybe more. This is THE fight...why on Earth would you give up on the POTENTIAL business and money that could be made from this mega-fight for a flat fee??

I imagine you'd have to be a "know nothing retard" to do that.
    manny had been quoted, roughly around a month ago, as saying hed take less than 50/50 if it meant finally getting the fight done...funny none of the floyd haters mention that.....probably because they are unaware he even said it...he said it to a filipino newspaper in manila......funny though...manny will act like a big hero over there and say shit like that....then when the offer comes to the table he acts like its some big insult over here in the states

infamousbacardi
    Alone In a Room

manny had been quoted, roughly around a month ago, as saying hed take less than 50/50 if it meant finally getting the fight done...funny none of the floyd haters mention that.....probably because they are unaware he even said it...he said it to a filipino newspaper in manila......funny though...manny will act like a big hero over there and say shit like that....then when the offer comes to the table he acts like its some big insult over here in the states
    Taking less than a 50/50 is far different than taking a flat flee.

SharpBoxing
    SharpBoxing's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5521

Quote Originally Posted by smoke a bowl View Post
    Yes in the UFC the best fight the best. But not in MMA. How many strikeforce champions fight UFC champions?

The Fobfather
    The Fobfather's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by daimoshokage View Post
    Should be 60-40.. The winner takes 60 and the loser gets 40.. But it's too ideal so it will not happen..
    This. If Floyd was so confident, he wouldn't mind doing this. Doubt this will ever happen though.

bobby heenan
    Update your status

Taking less than a 50/50 is far different than taking a flat flee.
    when manny fights cotto again....hell stand to take in around 20 mil...and then give up 17 percent to bob arum(maybe even more because arum will have full control over the promotion)....arum loves having control over the promotion and cant let that go.....pac has even hired firms to look over his contracts and purses with bob out of fear that bob was taking him to the cleaners..........and whoever floyd fights next....floyd will take home 40 mil all to himself and pay out his manager and team....something manny still has to do after bob takes out his 17 percent....lol....manny gets ****** over.....floyd even told him on national tv years ago how bad hes getting ****** over by arum....thats why he and oscar got out when they could

the offer to manny is fair....but theres too many pussies around here who cant stand to see their lifetime loss numbers on one of floyds betting slips....guys who cant stand him and want him to be the fall guy

infamousbacardi
    Alone In a Room

when manny fights cotto again....hell stand to take in around 20 mil...and then give up 17 percent to bob arum(maybe even more because arum will have full control over the promotion)....arum loves having control over the promotion and cant let that go.....pac has even hired firms to look over his contracts and purses with bob out of fear that bob was taking him to the cleaners..........and whoever floyd fights next....floyd will take home 40 mil all to himself and pay out his manager and team....something manny still has to do after bob takes out his 17 percent....lol....manny gets ****** over.....floyd even told him on national tv years ago how bad hes getting ****** over by arum....thats why he and oscar got out when they could the offer to manny is fair....but theres too many pussies around here who cant stand to see their lifetime loss numbers on one of floyds betting slips....guys who cant stand him and want him to be the fall guy
    Comparing anything to this potential fight is just not a fair comparison. Again, THIS FIGHT can't be measured via any other recent boxing match for comparison, because this is THE FIGHT that all casual fans have wanted to see. How much he does or doesn't rake in via a Cotto rematch has no bearing on how much he "COULD" stand to make if THIS fight were to happen. The highest grossing single boxing event in PPV history was in 2007 when Mayweather fought Oscar...120 Million. I am more than inclined to believe THIS fight would rake in more and break that record...even if it didn't break that record and the total revenue of that PPV fight was 120 million, 45 % of that is just over $54 Million, minus the 17% to Arum, and he STILL makes $44 Million...he'd be losing AT LEAST $4 Million by taking this deal, NOT TO MENTION the POTENTIAL money that could be made...I think THIS FIGHT would shatter the $120 M single boxing match PPV record revenue.

Again, you'd have to be a "know nothing retard" to take that deal.

bobby heenan
    Update your status

Comparing anything to this potential fight is just not a fair comparison. Again, THIS FIGHT can't be measured via any other recent boxing match for comparison, because this is THE FIGHT that all casual fans have wanted to see. How much he does or doesn't rake in via a Cotto rematch has no bearing on how much he "COULD" stand to make if THIS fight were to happen. The highest grossing single boxing event in PPV history was in 2007 when Mayweather fought Oscar...120 Million. I am more than inclined to believe THIS fight would rake in more and break that record...even if it didn't break that record and the total revenue of that PPV fight was 120 million, 45 % of that is just over $54 Million, minus the 17% to Arum, and he STILL makes $44 Million...he'd be losing AT LEAST $4 Million by taking this deal, NOT TO MENTION the POTENTIAL money that could be made...I think THIS FIGHT would shatter the $120 M single boxing match PPV record revenue.

Again, you'd have to be a "know nothing retard" to take that deal.
    and floyd is unbeaten ...was involved in the highest grossing ppv ever....won his world titles without catchweights....is a ppv record setter(and im not just talking about the oscar fight)and dominated the man that has given manny fits 3 times and probably beaten him at least twice....what makes manny deserve even 50 percent???

i agree that this fight would probably set a new record....but what if it doesnt? floyd assumes risk...manny assumes none and takes a tremendous pay day no matter what

the money has to be split three way...between floyd, manny, and arum....thats the biggest problem here....arum doesnt want this fight till hes milked manny for every penny he can get with his top rank in house fights where he controls the whole show......mannys biggest payday totaled around 20-25 mil.....floyd made over 40 for ortiz

on the surface floyds offer isnt the best....and maybe it isnt....but its still not terrible....and at least hes trying.....if you follow the comments that come out of the pac camp on a daily basis they flip flop and contradict each other on a daily basis

infamousbacardi
    Alone In a Room

on the surface floyds offer isnt the best....and maybe it isnt....but its still not terrible....and at least hes trying.....if you follow the comments that come out of the pac camp on a daily basis they flip flop and contradict each other on a daily basis
    This. I think we all could agree with this. It isn't completely unfair...but I don't think there is too much risk assumed by FM here. I think most anyone who was making an educated guess would almost guarantee this fight would gross OVER 100M, and I think over 60% of people would probably assume it will break the record of 120M.

Yes, he is trying...and yes, I'm sure the comments from the Manny camp are inconsistent, but that's not surprising either. Someone in that camp may be happy w/ the 40M offer, others may not be...I suppose it would depend on who you ask as to the answer you would receive about the fight.

At the end of the day, it may be a fair offer, but again, it's that potential of the unknown that would make Manny NOT SETTLE for a flat fee...what if it went for 160M on PPV?? Manny would be out almost 30M if he would have agreed to 55/45! Even if he goes 60/40 that would be 64M!! He just can't take a flat fee for this fight...no way.

bobby heenan
    Update your status

This. I think we all could agree with this. It isn't completely unfair...but I don't think there is too much risk assumed by FM here. I think most anyone who was making an educated guess would almost guarantee this fight would gross OVER 100M, and I think over 60% of people would probably assume it will break the record of 120M.

Yes, he is trying...and yes, I'm sure the comments from the Manny camp are inconsistent, but that's not surprising either. Someone in that camp may be happy w/ the 40M offer, others may not be...I suppose it would depend on who you ask as to the answer you would receive about the fight.

At the end of the day, it may be a fair offer, but again, it's that potential of the unknown that would make Manny NOT SETTLE for a flat fee...what if it went for 160M on PPV?? Manny would be out almost 30M if he would have agreed to 55/45! Even if he goes 60/40 that would be 64M!! He just can't take a flat fee for this fight...no way.
    fwiw...bob arum has even been quoted awhile back as saying that even a 50/50 wouldnt work on his end

infamousbacardi
    Alone In a Room

No surprise there, I don't ever see this fight happening really. Oh well. There loss in the end. We will miss out on them dancing around eachother for 12 rounds and being left unsatisfied at the $50 you just dropped to watch the fight, while they laugh all the way to the bank w/ a cool $50M at least as the judges sort out a win one way or the other. I don't think I'll lose sleep over this fight not happening....

1234 ... Last