crustyme
    dont i look killer?
    crustyme's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 39

the fight is expected to bring in $150 million. so $40 mil would be a 26/74 split.

yeah, that sounds really fair. why isn't pac-man jumping at this?

bobby heenan
    Update your status
    bobby heenan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 75

Quote Originally Posted by crustyme View Post
    the fight is expected to bring in $150 million. so $40 mil would be a 26/74 split.

manny told a manila paper hed take less to make the fight happen....because he knows casual fans will prob never even hear about it...he talks over there....plays the role of the hero that wants the fight....and that no one over here will really catch win of it....so floyd called him out on it and offered him less

mannys side has been getting hit with the lions share of the blame for the last 3 months about this fight not happening...even dan rafael, who has fawned over manny for the last 4 years, even stopped defending him and placed blame on his side...

manny was trying to save face in the media....he knows hes not taking the fight even if 50/50 is offered

pac said he'd take a lesser share... most people will see that as less than 50/50, because it's no reason for him to say he'll take a lesser share from top ranks slice when trying to negotiate a fight with floyd

pac said he'd take less.....floyd offered him less...if they don't like floyds offer and meant something else shouldn't they bring a number to floyd they'll accept? ....shouldn't they negotiate a rate? they flat out said no 50/50 no fight, right after he said he'd take less....i blame floyd just as much as the next man for asking for more than 50/50, but to act like manny didn't say he'd take less and act like they even tried to negotiate a lesser rate is flat out wrong....

zsr
    zsr's Avatar Become A Pro!

Lol at floyd offering 75/25 and people still defending him

Manny is the bigger worldwide draw, mannys last 2 fights have out drawn floyds.

manny should be getting 75/25 if anyone is.

bobby heenan
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by zsr View Post
    Lol at floyd offering 75/25 and people still defending him

Manny is the bigger worldwide draw, mannys last 2 fights have out drawn floyds.

manny should be getting 75/25 if anyone is.
    wow...another retard....

zsr

Quote Originally Posted by bobby heenan View Post

wow...another retard....
    Obviously your a Floyd fan so you can't see the facts. Shut your stupid ass up

Obviously it should be 50/50. This offer is a joke because floyd isn't serious about the fight. Period.

bobby heenan
    Update your status

Obviously your a Floyd fan so you can't see the facts. Shut your stupid ass up
    no im a diehard,lifelong, boxing fan....one who follows it on a daily basis

not a retard who reads in an sbr post that floyd offered pac 75/25 and then states it again as if it were fact....when its not even close to the truth

yer a clown

sportsfanatic
    Update your status
    sportsfanatic's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3908

deleted
    Last edited by sportsfanatic; 01-31-12 at 01:12 PM.

zsr

no im a diehard,lifelong, boxing fan....one who follows it on a daily basis

not a retard who reads in an sbr post that floyd offered pac 75/25 and then states it again as if it were fact....when its not even close to the truth

yer a clown
    What sbr post said it would be 75/25?

I didn't read that anywhere on this site. All I see in this thread is you mindlessly defending floyd while ignoring the fact that his offer is a joke

bobby heenan
    Update your status

What sbr post said it would be 75/25?

I didn't read that anywhere on this site. All I see in this thread is you mindlessly defending floyd while ignoring the fact that his offer is a joke
    crustyme
    this space for lease

Become A Pro!
    betpoints: 65

Message Me

oh you didnt see that post at the top of this page? lol.....riiigghhtttt...

zsr

I have crusty on ignore and have had for 3 months all the clown does is troll. It seems for once he's right. You can find the post where i call him and dumbass and post my ignore list in my past posts if you wish

bobby heenan
    Update your status

I have crusty on ignore and have had for 3 months all the clown does is troll. It seems for once he's right. You can find the post where i call him and dumbass and post my ignore list in my past posts if you wish
    like i care enough about what you have to say to search your old posts....lol

zsr

I really can't figure out why your defending floyd here. Since you say your a diehard boxing fan, obviously you see how laughable this offer is, it clearly shows Floyd isn't serious.

Your foolish if you think Floyd deserves anymore then manny, and your foolish if you think floyd was ever serious about this fight. Sure, mannys camp looked bad over the past month with the "cut" thing, arum wanting to wait to put the fight in the new arena, but then floyd offers a FLAT FEE of 40 mill? only an idiot would even consider that.

bobby heenan
    Update your status

I really can't figure out why your defending floyd here. Since you say your a diehard boxing fan, obviously you see how laughable this offer is, it clearly shows Floyd isn't serious.

Your foolish if you think Floyd deserves anymore then manny, and your foolish if you think floyd was ever serious about this fight. Sure, mannys camp looked bad over the past month with the "cut" thing, arum wanting to wait to put the fight in the new arena, but then floyd offers a FLAT FEE of 40 mill? only an idiot would even consider that.
    the offer is irrelevant really.....manny did say he take less than 50/50 though....so its funny really

but the offer is irrelevant because we already knew manny wasnt taking the fight...arum was already saying manny wasnt available for may way before this offer was put out....he said he needed more time to heal his cut from the jmm fight.....he also said they couldnt construct an outdoor stadium in time for may 5th

since you are obviously a casual fan...heres the casual boxing fans hero writer dan rafael....a guy who has slupred manny for years .....

http://espn.go.com/boxing/story/_/id...yweather-fight

the offer is irrelevant.....but manny said hed take less ....so floyd put something out there......if manny meant something different then they should come back at floyd with a number? he said hed take less and then when they get an offer they say " no 50/50 no fight".....when pac said hed take less money to make to make the fight(which he did say), wouldnt you assume that me meants hed take less than 50/50? i mean that would make sense to assume right?

zsr

Why is the offer irrelevant? If Floyd would offer 50/50 manny would almost surely accept it.

He said he'd take less then 50/50, so you would think floyd would come with 55/45? Not this garbage he offered.

It seems quite clear that neither is serious about the fight, which sucks for the fans. Floyd doesn't want to lose his undefeated record, manny wants a fair deal..

ApricotSinner32
    ApricotSinner32's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26

Lets be honest both fighters are to blame for the fight not happening. The only way it will ever happen is if fans boycott their fights against other opponents. Imagine 50,000 ppv buys for mayweather/pacquiao's next 1-2 fights? You'd see how quickly they sign on the dotted line. We are getting milked like suckers. Start the movement.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Grits n' Gravy

bobby heenan
    Update your status

Why is the offer irrelevant? If Floyd would offer 50/50 manny would almost surely accept it.

He said he'd take less then 50/50, so you would think floyd would come with 55/45? Not this garbage he offered.

It seems quite clear that neither is serious about the fight, which sucks for the fans. Floyd doesn't want to lose his undefeated record, manny wants a fair deal..
    let me explain why its irrelevant

when floyd was scheduled for jail time arum used that as a reason it wouldnt happen...floyd had it delayed so he could fight on may 5th...even before that arum was ranting and raving about how floyd reserved the mgm for that date(one of the most sought after dates in boxing because of mexican independence).....floyd was making power moves and taking control....arum doesnt like that.....after floyd got his sentence delayed arum said manny couldnt make that date because he had a cut from the jmm fight that wouldnt heal in time for may 5th...he then also said there was no way they could finish contructing the outdoor stadium needed for this fight in time......

that bullshit cut reason prompted this tweet from dan rafael "im rewatching lennox/vitali...you could fit pac inside vitalis cut and he still fought 6 months later"

pretty evident they had no real interest from the start

like i said..manny said hed take less....youd assume that was from a 50/50 position...floyd makes an offer and they say "anything less than 50/50 wont cut it for us"....how does that make sense if yer serious and then you offer no counter?

so floyd made an offer that wasnt 50/50....when its rejected why should floyd come back with another offer? even if its 55/45? in negotiation when someone makes an offer...and you dont like it...but you are still serious about making a deal, you come with a counter offer......that should be pac coming back with something or saying "how about 55/45"?

floyd is not scared of losing....in fact...hes as confident he will easily take this fight as hes ever been in the last 3 years.....every line ive seen over the last 3 years has him installed as a slight favorite....and this time is no different....in fact hed open as a bigger favorite now than at anytime over the last 3 years...

i have some nice gifs of floyd from the ortiz fight.... floyd shoulder rolling a big left from ortiz, when floyd was against the ropes, and countering him with a big right hand....its bob arum whos afraid of pac losing and his number one cash cow losing his luster

phillybadboy
    phillybadboy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3864

both guys are old and lame

zsr

Bobby you can't seriously believe Floyd wants this fight to happen.

Like I said, obviously your a Floyd fan, so your biased. It's obvious to EVERYONE neither is serious about the fight. Your response to everyone is that there stupid blah blah blah. Arguing this with you is pointless. Floyd doesn't want the fight. Manny doesn't want the fight.
    Last edited by zsr; 01-31-12 at 02:27 PM.

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

No need for pride here or an ego. Take the $40 mil... and take the fall too. WTF is wrong with people?

Statman
    Statman's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2673

Was reading somewhere the other day that if there was a ever a trilogy built for boxing to squeeze $$ out of the public, this is it. If the first fight does happen, they know the public will want a second and I'm sure after that they will want a deciding match to see who can score the best out of three as it will be 1 win a piece. If these guys do one fight every 8 months, they'll have the next 2 years fully booked and could achieve revenues of 1/2 a BILLION dollars. I assume that should be enough to satisfy Floyd's gambling habit and cover off all his losses...There is too much $$$ at stake for this not to happen.

bobby heenan
    Update your status

Bobby you can't seriously believe Floyd wants this fight to happen.

Like I said, obviously your a Floyd fan, so your biased. It's obvious to EVERYONE neither is serious about the fight. Your response to everyone is that there stupid blah blah blah. Arguing this with you is pointless. Floyd doesn't want the fight. Manny doesn't want the fight.
    ive seen manny fight live twice....hatton and cotto...never been to a floyd fight....

i dont mind people defending manny or slamming floyd if you have some logic to back it up

like i said....arum was talking about pac/jmm 4....and floyd went and reserved the mgm for may 5th....which is one of the most sought after dates in boxing.....he put himself in a position of power and arum cant stand it.....he cant stand to see the slave that escaped his plantation have some power

zsr

That's why I said it's obvious NEITHER wants the fight. I know arum/manny dont want it, and clearly Floyd doesn't either.

Floyd or manny or both will probably lose there next fight and then the hype will be done with

bobby heenan
    Update your status

That's why I said it's obvious NEITHER wants the fight. I know arum/manny dont want it, and clearly Floyd doesn't either.

Floyd or manny or both will probably lose there next fight and then the hype will be done with
    i guarantee you floyd has never wanted it more, in the last 3 years, than now....its just....you cant force anyone to fight you...this isnt a league or a circuit....cant make somebody fight you....especially after watching him struggle with jmm like he did

zsr

i guarantee you floyd has never wanted it more, in the last 3 years, than now....its just....you cant force anyone to fight you...this isnt a league or a circuit....cant make somebody fight you....especially after watching him struggle with jmm like he did
    If Floyd wanted it he would offer a fair deal, you know that.

SBR Lou
    SBR Lou's Avatar Become A Pro!

FWIW, Manny made $22M according to Arum for his last payday. $40M is huge for a fighter like Manny that allows his handlers (Top Rank) the lion's share of his profits.

zsr

Quote Originally Posted by SBR Lou View Post
    FWIW, Manny made $22M according to Arum for his last payday. $40M is huge for a fighter like Manny that allows his handlers (Top Rank) the lion's share of his profits.
    You can't compare that to the huge amount of money this fight would produce though.

You know manny would be an idiot to accept a flat fee of 40..

SBR Lou
    SBR Lou's Avatar Become A Pro!

You know manny would be an idiot to accept a flat fee of 40..
    He's an idiot for sacrificing so much of his money to Arum. Making almost 50% more in this bout seems like a good deal for a fighter that's went through his career with other people's hands in his pockets.

zsr

Quote Originally Posted by SBR Lou View Post
    He's an idiot for sacrificing so much of his money to Arum. Making almost 50% more in this bout seems like a good deal for a fighter that's went through his career with other people's hands in his pockets.
    There's no doubt him letting arum control everything is a joke, but if arum offered Floyd a flat fee of 40mill you guys would be up in arms about how manny isn't serious..

Both guys are at fault in this thing.

zsr

What Floyd SHOULD do is offer 50/50. Then the ball is in mannys court. If he says no, then we all know the reason it didn't happen was because of manny and arum. Now there all at fault
    Last edited by zsr; 01-31-12 at 03:35 PM.

crustyme
    dont i look killer?
    crustyme's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 39

manny told a manila paper hed take less to make the fight happen....because he knows casual fans will prob never even hear about it...he talks over there....plays the role of the hero that wants the fight....and that no one over here will really catch win of it....so floyd called him out on it and offered him less

mannys side has been getting hit with the lions share of the blame for the last 3 months about this fight not happening...even dan rafael, who has fawned over manny for the last 4 years, even stopped defending him and placed blame on his side...

manny was trying to save face in the media....he knows hes not taking the fight even if 50/50 is offered

pac said he'd take a lesser share... most people will see that as less than 50/50, because it's no reason for him to say he'll take a lesser share from top ranks slice when trying to negotiate a fight with floyd

pac said he'd take less.....floyd offered him less...if they don't like floyds offer and meant something else shouldn't they bring a number to floyd they'll accept? ....shouldn't they negotiate a rate? they flat out said no 50/50 no fight, right after he said he'd take less....i blame floyd just as much as the next man for asking for more than 50/50, but to act like manny didn't say he'd take less and act like they even tried to negotiate a lesser rate is flat out wrong....

tell you what..... next time you go buy a new car, offer them something ridiculous like $5000 for a $20,000 vehicle. if you think they will counter-offer your ridiculous offer, think again. they will most likely throw your ass out on the street because you failed to even meet the basics of negotiating: good faith.

had pussyweather offered something like 42/58 then he would've received a counter-offer because it shows he's serious about wanting the fight. offering 26/74 is what someone does when they are playing games and don't want the fight.

iQon
    iQon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 123

Floyd's next demand will be that this will be a cage match.

Grits n' Gravy
    Bigdaddyqh diddles kids
    Grits n' Gravy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41120

If this fight ever happens it will be in 2013. It boils down to Arum. Neither guy is scared of the other but Arum doesn't need money and is willing to let the fans of the sport miss out because of his hatred of Floyd.

Expect Floyd's May 5th opponent to be announced within the next week. Biggest draw would be Alvarez, although Cotto is a possibility and Manny will likely fight Bradley in June.

bobby heenan
    Update your status

he could possibly announce an opponent today.....i think he has a hearing with the nevada athletic commision today...could possibly announce after that

i wont even bother to respond to crustyme and his analogy of comparing this to a fuckin car dealership

grits...i agree neither guy is afraid of the other....but i think mannys people are a little shy because they believe they have a very tough matchup...and they arent very confident

like i said.... right after the third jmm fight arum started talking about a 4th jmm fight...never even mentioned floyd....he even said he didnt think it was possible because of floyds impending court case......floyd got the case/sentence delayed and reserved the mgm for may 5th and called out pac(as ive mentioned several times...because of mexican independence this is one of the most sought after dates in boxing)....arum was livid....he was quoted as saying "thats not how you do business....we will remember this".......floyd pushed on and arum came out with "manny isnt available for that date because his cut wont be healed in time"...complete bs....then it was "well we cant build the outdoor stadium in time for that date...but it could be ready by the end of may"...fully knowing that floyd has to fight may 5th.....

floyd came with a number....came with an offer after manny said hed take less to make the fight happen....when floyds offer comes at them they say "anything less than 50/50 is unacceptable"..lolol...what kind of bullshit is that....arum has even been quoted as saying even 50/50 wouldnt work for them.....arum had many reservations about making this fight for the last two years...and after seeing jmm beat pac up again he has even more

but its same old shit with bob....the guy never wanted the fight a few years ago when he pretended that he did while he had josh clottey and cowboys stadium in his back pocket the whole time

the guy cant stand that a couple of blacks(floyd/haymon) and a couple of mexicans(oscar/richard schaeffer) have the clout they have in the game right now

floyds biggest bone with arum when he was with top rank wasnt even that he was getting ******...floyd was paid pretty well actually for a guy that was just fighting on hbo.....his problem was that arum wouldnt market him the way hes marketed himself since he left....floyd said if he was with al haymon from the start of his career hed be a billionaire by now.....bob didnt want to do floyd/oscar because he said it wouldnt sell and hed lose money on it....

iQon
    iQon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 123

Quote Originally Posted by Grits n' Gravy View Post
    If this fight ever happens it will be in 2013. It boils down to Arum. Neither guy is scared of the other but Arum doesn't need money and is willing to let the fans of the sport miss out because of his hatred of Floyd. Expect Floyd's May 5th opponent to be announced within the next week. Biggest draw would be Alvarez, although Cotto is a possibility and Manny will likely fight Bradley in June.
    The stupidity is agonizing.

Bob Arum hates Floyd so much, he'll cockblock Manny/Floyd... but he'll let Cotto fight him? Righttt.

Bob Arum is pimping guys like Manny and JCC Jr. to Cotto. Floyd is not even a talking point for him. Please stop manufacturing bullshit.

bobby heenan
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by iQon View Post
    The stupidity is agonizing.

Bob Arum hates Floyd so much, he'll cockblock Manny/Floyd... but he'll let Cotto fight him? Righttt.

Bob Arum is pimping guys like Manny and JCC Jr. to Cotto. Floyd is not even a talking point for him. Please stop manufacturing bullshit.
    hahaha...talk about stupidity......arum is pimping manny to cotto? lolol....yeah ok.....arum fuckin hand fed cotto a 147 belt to cotto(via michael jennings) after cotto had his head bashed in by brick hands margarito.....so that cotto could fight pac and have pac win a 147lb world title.....at a catchweight!!!

but yeah hes pimping manny to cotto!!....when the **** is ever gonna let chavez jr in the ring with cotto??? ....manny is his golden goose my friend...not cotto...not chavez

i dont even know what the **** you are talking about...and surely you dont either

First 12345 Last