FlipsideRM
    Summer 16
    FlipsideRM's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3216

Bovada disables my account for no reason

Your account has been temporarily disabled after we found some suspicious activity in your account. Your account is currently under investigation by our Poker Security Department. We ask that you please contact us at your earliest convenience at 1-866-909-2237.

I literally I haven't done anything...im in awe. I call them tonight and they tell me to call back tomorrow during business hours, wtf is this nonsense.

What a shit book

MC PICKS
    Update your status
    MC PICKS's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 265

I play poker there all the time so please post back in this thread and let us know what happens, thanks in advance and good luck man.

FlipsideRM
    Summer 16

I seriously have no clue what is going on here. I rarely play and when I do I just play a few low buy in sit n gos and tournaments. I'll let you know tomorrow when I call, but for them to just disable my account with no explanation is pretty ******* aggravating.

Bcatswin
    Bcats Winning Everywhere
    Bcatswin's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5350

This should get good.

sickler
    Facade 101
    sickler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2983

Is your account balance much bigger than usual?

eberetta1
    Win some cha-ching
    eberetta1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 12515

Last edited by eberetta1; 01-30-12 at 11:15 PM.

vividjohn45
    vividjohn45's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 578

Last edited by SBR Jonelyn; 01-28-16 at 10:35 AM. Reason: image does not exist

GamblerSpirit
    TheCentaur, Spankie gone fishing :(
    GamblerSpirit's Avatar Become A Pro!

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status
    MoneyLineDawg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Where the hell is BovadaBecky?? Never was a big fan of bodog.....some wierd shit always going on with their lines

RoadFavorites$$$
    RoadFavorites$$$'s Avatar Become A Pro!

you let someone sign into your account probably

FlipsideRM
    Summer 16

Quote Originally Posted by RoadFavorites$$$ View Post
    you let someone sign into your account probably

Even if that were the case how would they "disable" someone for logging into their account on a seperate computer?

RoadFavorites$$$

Quote Originally Posted by FlipsideRM View Post
    Even if that were the case how would they "disable" someone for logging into their account on a seperate computer?
    Don't know why they would do that, but probably a decade ago I let someone log into my account with bodog and finish a poker tournament for me because the girlfriend was bothering me (guy lived 2000 miles away) and they froze both of our accounts and we had to explain what happened and that we wouldn't do it again.

FindTheLock
    FindTheLock's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 191

it's because you can chip dump and if you ever played on the same table with the person who's IP you logged in with they can red flag you for cheating.

RoadFavorites$$$

I don't enjoy admitting this but I used to have a pretty good system with a guy to run sit and goes... this was a decade ago, we made a pretty good amount of money tag teaming people on sit and goes. I would be weary of playing online... cheating is pretty easy.

FlipsideRM
    Summer 16

Now that I think about it. A few nights ago a friend and I were playing at the same table during a "play point" sit n go to just mess around. And I've logged into his account before, but that shouldn't matter right? He doesn't even have any money on there and hasn't for awhile...

RoadFavorites$$$

Now that I think about it. A few nights ago a friend and I were playing at the same table during a "play point" sit n go to just mess around. And I've logged into his account before, but that shouldn't matter right? He doesn't even have any money on there and hasn't for awhile...
    That probably triggered their system. Just send them an email or go on live chat explaining that and I'm sure it'll get fixed.

FlipsideRM
    Summer 16

At a play point table, really? Im going to go ballistic on them tomorrow! I guarantee they make me send in my ID, CC, and power bill to verify. I'm a low stake player who only has like 120 bucks in my account, this is nonsense.

RoadFavorites$$$

At a play point table, really? Im going to go ballistic on them tomorrow! I guarantee they make me send in my ID, CC, and power bill to verify. I'm a low stake player who only has like 120 bucks in my account, this is nonsense.
    I'm sure their system is just triggered to alarm that if anyone who sits at the same table on their site and has logged in under the same IP with that same guy then that is the tipping point.

I didn't even think bodog still had poker since they changed their name.

Deep_Rest
    Deep_Rest's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10319

It's probably an IP address issue. I left for Japan from America and when I logged in from Japan they disabled my account. You will probably have to send in a scan of your drivers license or passport. It's unavoidable.

FlipsideRM
    Summer 16

Have to wait till 9am to call their stupid "security team"

Bovada Service
    bovada
    Bovada Service's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11289

I seriously have no clue what is going on here. I rarely play and when I do I just play a few low buy in sit n gos and tournaments. I'll let you know tomorrow when I call, but for them to just disable my account with no explanation is pretty ******* aggravating.
    Hello! If this issue is still ongoing, please feel free to PM us your account number so that we can look into it for you.

kmarinouofm
    Those who stay.. will be Champions!
    kmarinouofm's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3451

Quote Originally Posted by MoneyLineDawg View Post
    Where the hell is BovadaBecky?? Never was a big fan of bodog.....some wierd shit always going on with their lines
    she has been lost for a while no ?

kmarinouofm
    Those who stay.. will be Champions!
    kmarinouofm's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3451

Quote Originally Posted by Bovada Service View Post

Hello! If this issue is still ongoing, please feel free to PM us your account number so that we can look into it for you.
    glad u guys followed up ... whats the latest.. get this kid playing again if its an honest mistake!!!

uws88
    uws88's Avatar Become A Pro!

the more i look around this website the more i'm in awe of the problems with bovada

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

If you have nothing to hide and have all your documents then there should not be an issue

Most books have much tighter security now than banks do

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

Probably an IP issue with another user. Back when Bodoga and had screen names and the software wasn't like playing some shitty sega game, it wouldn't let me log on and play against certain players. I might have had a history with them or had logged on from the same public location or something, who knows. Probably isn't a big deal, hope it works out for you.

FlipsideRM
    Summer 16

Talked with them on the phone, they asked me a bunch of questions about what kind of tournaments I play and all kings of other nonsense. Still couldn't get out of having to fax in the paperwork. Doing that tomorrow, will update everyone on what happens after that and how fast everything gets taken care of

phillybadboy
    phillybadboy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3864

they have also disabled my account i'm too good

BigDofBA
    BigDofBA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2011

I haven't played poker or placed a bet there since they changed to that stupid poker software. Way to lose my business Bovada.

icancount2one
    Let's go NickFolian Dynamite!
    icancount2one's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 571

I love how these threads inevitably show something incredibly shady on the part of the player.

HOWEVER since Bovada switched to the crappy anonymous software, the internet detective squad is helpless.

XKMCPX
    XKMCPX's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 30

FlipsideRM, what ever came of your situation?

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9149

Quote Originally Posted by XKMCPX View Post
    FlipsideRM, what ever came of your situation?
    Why are you bumping 2 year old threads? About a stupid complaint that was never valid to start with?

The guy broke more than one of the terms of service almost every book has. Not just Bovada's rules... the industry wide standard normal rules about sharing accounts and IPs.

If it had not been resolved properly he would have come back complaining more no doubt.