RoadFavorites$$$
    RoadFavorites$$$'s Avatar Become A Pro!

The worst value on a line I've ever seen...

In Vegas, at Mandalay Bay, the Cubs were 6-1 to win the World Series in 2012... LOL. This is a team that was terrible last year and they've gotten worse this off season. I know that a large part of that is crazy Cubs fans going to Vegas just to put the money down for fun, but even 6-1 is ridiculous for this current Cubs' roster.

RoadFavorites$$$

Appropriate value should be around where the Pirates and Royals are going off.

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR
    Chi_archie's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2380

it's people all pumped wit theosus Epstein christ

RoadFavorites$$$

Quote Originally Posted by Chi_archie View Post
    it's people all pumped wit theosus Epstein christ
    hes certainly better than hendry but he has already said that this roster has very few assets and is going into full rebuild mode... i'd think the cubs chances of winning a world series will be a lot better after 2014, but it is probably worse right now with the rebuild.

Deuce
    Eddie Mush
    Deuce's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3519

Only a few big moves away.

RoadFavorites$$$

Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    Only a few big moves away.
    A few 15 player deals and they're in this thing!

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21677

Since futures like WS are never two-way lines and virtually nobody knows how to figure the overall house hold for an event like, the books an post whatever lines they want without any care. Pinnacle has 42-1. No doubt that is much closer to the true line.

Although comparing to Pitt and KC is a bit off. If the Cubs were actually in contention near the deadline they could actually have the resources to get better whereas those teams would not. Comparable teams would be teams like Toronto and LA Dodgers.

RoadFavorites$$$

Quote Originally Posted by d2bets View Post
    Since futures like WS are never two-way lines and virtually nobody knows how to figure the overall house hold for an event like, the books an post whatever lines they want without any care. Pinnacle has 42-1. No doubt that is much closer to the true line.

Although comparing to Pitt and KC is a bit off. If the Cubs were actually in contention near the deadline they could actually have the resources to get better whereas those teams would not. Comparable teams would be teams like Toronto and LA Dodgers.
    Toronto and the Dodgers have the potential to be good. The Cubs, sadly, do not have that potential.

smoke a bowl
    smoke a bowl's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14472

Quote Originally Posted by RoadFavorites$$$ View Post
    In Vegas, at Mandalay Bay, the Cubs were 6-1 to win the World Series in 2012... LOL. This is a team that was terrible last year and they've gotten worse this off season. I know that a large part of that is crazy Cubs fans going to Vegas just to put the money down for fun, but even 6-1 is ridiculous for this current Cubs' roster.
    That's the case for 98+% of all futures offered in Vegas. They stopped gambling a long time ago.

Jrod124
    Update your status
    Jrod124's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 535

I would bet the Cubs at even u scumbag piece of shit, its about more than money to some people
    Points Awarded:

yisman gave Jrod124 550 SBR Point(s) for this post.

RoadFavorites$$$

Quote Originally Posted by Jrod124 View Post
    I would bet the Cubs at even u scumbag piece of shit, its about more than money to some people
    I'm a Cubs fan and I wouldn't bet the Cubs to win the series at anything less than 200 to 1.

Madison
    Madison's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13593

Is there a way to short/reverse bet this or the like. I've seen similar but don't know how to play the reverse. Thx.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Madison View Post
    Is there a way to short/reverse bet this or the like. I've seen similar but don't know how to play the reverse. Thx.
    No there isn't. That's why they can offer it. Only way to bet the reverse is to be the bookie.

Rich Boy
    Rich Boy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1106

no team should be 6-1

lol vegas...

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

Toronto and the Dodgers have the potential to be good. The Cubs, sadly, do not have that potential.
    A longshot either way, but not sure I agree. Cubs pitching could be far better than people think.

RoadFavorites$$$

A longshot either way, but not sure I agree. Cubs pitching could be far better than people think.
    I think I"m missing something then... the Cubs have Garza, Dumpster and then what? They traded their best reliever (Marshall) and haven't added anybody good to the pitching staff.

wantitall4moi
    wantitall4moi's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3834

Just wait til June and take them at 50-1.

Betting baseball odds before June is dumb anyway, it is a very rare istnace when you cant get better odds during the year thanyou can get before the season starts.

YouMama
    Losers Lose
    YouMama's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 191

they know prince isnt going to chicago now, right?

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

I think I"m missing something then... the Cubs have Garza, Dumpster and then what? They traded their best reliever (Marshall) and haven't added anybody good to the pitching staff.
    Guys like Travis Wood and Chris Volstad that may benefit from a change of scenery and may be better than people think. The baseball prediction business is a tough one. I'm not saying they will make the playoffs or win anything, but you also can't write things off so easily either. They will have financial flexibility to make moves if they're in the mix. 40-1 would be a fair price for the future.

RoadFavorites$$$

Guys like Travis Wood and Chris Volstad that may benefit from a change of scenery and may be better than people think. The baseball prediction business is a tough one. I'm not saying they will make the playoffs or win anything, but you also can't write things off so easily either. They will have financial flexibility to make moves if they're in the mix. 40-1 would be a fair price for the future.
    Garza, Dempster, Malholm, Wood, Volstad.

It is an average starting rotation. I'll give you that. But their bullpen is a weakness now without Marshall, and their offense is atrocious... they don't even have 3-4 hitters.

SportsPedagogy
    SportsPedagogy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 266

Are you kidding pal ? No way anybody is this dumb.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

Garza, Dempster, Malholm, Wood, Volstad.

It is an average starting rotation. I'll give you that. But their bullpen is a weakness now without Marshall, and their offense is atrocious... they don't even have 3-4 hitters.
    Bullpen might not be that bad. So hard to know about Marmol. Wood should still be good. Samardzija showed a lot late last year. And you never know what guys can make the pen and have good seasons. Lineup definitely would seem to be the weakness. But again, you never know if a guy like LeHair (or Rizzo) could have a breakout year. Maybe Ian Stewart recaptures form. Maybe by some miracle Soriano finds some of his old bat. Soto seems to do better in even-numbered years. Seems kinda unlikely, but at certain odds you never know.

RoadFavorites$$$

Bullpen might not be that bad. So hard to know about Marmol. Wood should still be good. Samardzija showed a lot late last year. And you never know what guys can make the pen and have good seasons. Lineup definitely would seem to be the weakness. But again, you never know if a guy like LeHair (or Rizzo) could have a breakout year. Maybe Ian Stewart recaptures form. Maybe by some miracle Soriano finds some of his old bat. Soto seems to do better in even-numbered years. Seems kinda unlikely, but at certain odds you never know.
    Would like to see them do well... but they're going to have some major problems scoring runs even if they get a few breakout years. Outside of Castro, their lineup is scary bad.

RyanLeafOfBets
    Team Dexter
    RyanLeafOfBets's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 191

I think I would throw money on the Cubs not to win the world series, if the line was like 60-1 before I would throw money on them to win the world series (6-1)

TR88
    TR88's Avatar Become A Pro!

what fkn clown

RoadFavorites$$$

Quote Originally Posted by RyanLeafOfBets View Post
    I think I would throw money on the Cubs not to win the world series, if the line was like 60-1 before I would throw money on them to win the world series (6-1)
    You mean 1-60?

If the Cubs were 1-60 not to win the world series I would sell everything I own and put it on that. Nice payout at the end of the year. Hell, they'd be out of the race mathematically by early August.

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year
    InTheDrink's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 527

gotta be a mistake....plain and simple

even if they had murderer's row i wouldn't play them at 6-1....it's still the cubbies

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

You mean 1-60?

If the Cubs were 1-60 not to win the world series I would sell everything I own and put it on that. Nice payout at the end of the year. Hell, they'd be out of the race mathematically by early August.
    So you would tie up your money for 9 months for a potential 1.8% return on your investment?

Dutch
    Honky Lips
    Dutch's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 736

So you would tie up your money for 9 months for a potential 1.8% return on your investment?

Its about more than money to some people, u scumbag piece of shit.

milkncereal
    milkncereal's Avatar Become A Pro!

sadly this is blows away my savings account...and short term cds......i guess i could find maybe a bond that paid a little better or internet savings account maybe get 3%.

(now online books holding your money is scary tho for that long)

milkncereal
    milkncereal's Avatar Become A Pro!

but i also guess if you were throwing huge amounts of money on it your savings account would draw compounded interest versus this interest would not. Anyways carry on lol