No and no.

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1836

Line is going up...

wantitall4moi
    wantitall4moi's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3834

If the game lands on Pats by 3 5 dimes will go out of business.

Puppy
    2015 -110
    Puppy's Avatar Become A Pro!

gronkowski will be like t.o. was in the super bowl at best. giants roll in 31-21

Sam Odom
    Sam Odom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

Attached Images  

wantitall4moi

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Odom View Post
    Betonline never offered +3.5 so they can goof around a little bit. 5 Dimes opened +3.5 -125, it actually got to +3.5 -120 so I am assuming their limits were decent at that point. They have offered -2.5 for as little as -115 themselves. So they arent like a book that is offering a side shor somewhere they opened themselves up to a full all middle from within.

I am always the first to say it isnt as big a deal as people make it out to be, but in the Sb with the money that is floating around it is pretty reckless. Its onething to let books offer 2.5 because they can but as a book that offered +3.5 you have to be alittle more judicial on how you move. But they have been all over the place, they got hammered last week when they moved it to -2.5 first. I also have ot assume since they and pinnacle were really the only ones who had 3.5 at all they got hammered there as well.

Odds of it being a Pats FG win are slim but will be interesting to see what happens if that is the final result.

But to be safe people should get all their money out of 5 dimes this week. Probably too late though as I am sure they take 10 days to process requests as well.

Sam Odom

Quote Originally Posted by wantitall4moi View Post

But to be safe people should get all their money out of 5 dimes this week.

Wow!

RoadFavorites$$$
    RoadFavorites$$$'s Avatar Become A Pro!

To be honest, I don't think anyone has any idea what is going to happen with this game.

Iwinyourmoney
    IWIN.........IN!
    Iwinyourmoney's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 733

Really hoping the line is +3.5 by Friday afternoon while I'm in Vegas....which I doubt....fuk

RoadFavorites$$$
    RoadFavorites$$$'s Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Odom View Post
    Wow!
    I really hope no one has a real amount of money in 5dimes anyway. They don't seem to be very deep pocketed... they have certain times of the year where they seem to get in trouble.

k13

If they were scared to get middled they never would have moved the line.

Dutchie
    Dutchie's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 165

Quote Originally Posted by Iwinyourmoney View Post
    Really hoping the line is +3.5 by Friday afternoon while I'm in Vegas....which I doubt....fuk
    where are you staying? where you planning on watching the game?

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21677

If the game lands on Pats by 3 5 dimes will go out of business.
    Ridiculous statement.

raydog
    raydog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 113

my largest superbowl bet may be with wantitall if that clown wants to put any money up that 5dimes survives the superbowl... ... i will hand it to you, your shit is very thought out and sometimes makes a little sense, but in extreme situations...for the most part, you have brought a new kind of stupid to this place...gl this sunday everyone...

wantitall4moi

LOL this thread is just a perfect example of guys not having the first frigging clue.

No one ever heard of Aces Gold either I guess? I said it back then, And at the time Aces Gold had a bigger reputation than Pinnacle does now. They 0put up -2.5 and +3.5 on too many games, had some 'bad luck' and they were buried well before the end of the year.

Ticket writers for Aces Gold had more money in their ash trays than 5 Dimes has. So to think if they get middled it woudnt hurt them in a very serious way is just dumb. Unles they are putting 100 dollar limits on everything then I guess they could get away with it.

But any LEGIT book that takes a bet size that is more than a hobbyists amount couldnt do it.

But then again I forget the audience here, air bettors, guys who bet with points, and 'pros' who think that actually means something in the real world.

So carry on I guess.

Iwinyourmoney
    IWIN.........IN!
    Iwinyourmoney's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 733

Quote Originally Posted by Dutchie View Post
    where are you staying? where you planning on watching the game?
    I'm only in Vegas on thurs and fri

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

LOL this thread is just a perfect example of guys not having the first frigging clue.

No one ever heard of Aces Gold either I guess? I said it back then, And at the time Aces Gold had a bigger reputation than Pinnacle does now. They 0put up -2.5 and +3.5 on too many games, had some 'bad luck' and they were buried well before the end of the year.

Ticket writers for Aces Gold had more money in their ash trays than 5 Dimes has. So to think if they get middled it woudnt hurt them in a very serious way is just dumb. Unles they are putting 100 dollar limits on everything then I guess they could get away with it.

But any LEGIT book that takes a bet size that is more than a hobbyists amount couldnt do it.

But then again I forget the audience here, air bettors, guys who bet with points, and 'pros' who think that actually means something in the real world.

So carry on I guess.
    Didn't Aces Gold literally offer -2.5 and +3.5 at the same time? I thought that's what it was. That is utterly different from this situation. I doubt they took that much action very early on at +3.5 and for all you know they write some -3.5 tickets too. They also offered, I think, before the games were even know, future lines which I think had Pats -6 vs. Giants. Other books did too. You are making an assumption that they have loads of action on +3.5 and now will take loads of action on -2.5. You assume way too much. Aces Gold was obviously and knowingly taking a huge risk. You don't know that 5Dimes can't balance it's book just fine. You are just making wild guesses.

BTW, I'm pretty sure Pinnacle opened +3.5 also. Maybe they'll go out of business too because of that? Now if 5Dimes had +3.5 now and was holding it all week, then there's cause for concern, but they're early opening line was simply what the market seemed to be at that point in time.

wantitall4moi

Quote Originally Posted by d2bets View Post
    Didn't Aces Gold literally offer -2.5 and +3.5 at the same time? I thought that's what it was. That is utterly different from this situation. I doubt they took that much action very early on at +3.5 and for all you know they write some -3.5 tickets too. They also offered, I think, before the games were even know, future lines which I think had Pats -6 vs. Giants. Other books did too. You are making an assumption that they have loads of action on +3.5 and now will take loads of action on -2.5. You assume way too much. Aces Gold was obviously and knowingly taking a huge risk. You don't know that 5Dimes can't balance it's book just fine. You are just making wild guesses.

BTW, I'm pretty sure Pinnacle opened +3.5 also. Maybe they'll go out of business too because of that? Now if 5Dimes had +3.5 now and was holding it all week, then there's cause for concern, but they're early opening line was simply what the market seemed to be at that point in time.
    No they were opening at 3.5 or 2.5 when everyone was painted -3, then they would shift around basically opposite what everyone else did. I said it then though that they basically got unlucky as that year had the highest number of -3 favs winning by 3. I think there were 16, a 'normal' year is 3-5. So had it beena 'normal' year Aces would have been printing money. But they would have eventually lost it anyway since they had the wrong attitude.

Pinnacle isnt hanging -2.5 theyre at 3 +107. 5 dime went to -2.5 before anyone. So they were one of the few guys +3.5. and the first to go -2.5 so a double bad move.

Now they may have had a lot of air moves since they moved from 3.5 to 2.5 in less than 20 hours. But regardless they offered lines that anyone was going to bet into. But their move to 2.5 makes almost no sense as they were taking two way action from what little I can see on the 3. So IMO they put it up to gamble. Not to balance.

Its hard saying they might just throw up numbers to make it look good and change the line and thus arent taking any action at the numbers they show. Thats another small time book trick. Put up bogus numbers and have them 'time out' when people try to bet into them or change between the time you put them in and the time they are verified.

But at this point the 2.5 is definitely legit as it has been sitting there for quite awhile. Just a question of how much they took at the 3.5. Hanging and holding 3 doesnt hurt or help anyone, although some guys will buy off it both ways and that will help the books in the long run.

But this is a one game sudden death situation where books shouldnt really be gambling.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

No they were opening at 3.5 or 2.5 when everyone was painted -3, then they would shift around basically opposite what everyone else did. I said it then though that they basically got unlucky as that year had the highest number of -3 favs winning by 3. I think there were 16, a 'normal' year is 3-5. So had it beena 'normal' year Aces would have been printing money. But they would have eventually lost it anyway since they had the wrong attitude.

Pinnacle isnt hanging -2.5 theyre at 3 +107. 5 dime went to -2.5 before anyone. So they were one of the few guys +3.5. and the first to go -2.5 so a double bad move.

Now they may have had a lot of air moves since they moved from 3.5 to 2.5 in less than 20 hours. But regardless they offered lines that anyone was going to bet into. But their move to 2.5 makes almost no sense as they were taking two way action from what little I can see on the 3. So IMO they put it up to gamble. Not to balance.

Its hard saying they might just throw up numbers to make it look good and change the line and thus arent taking any action at the numbers they show. Thats another small time book trick. Put up bogus numbers and have them 'time out' when people try to bet into them or change between the time you put them in and the time they are verified.

But at this point the 2.5 is definitely legit as it has been sitting there for quite awhile. Just a question of how much they took at the 3.5. Hanging and holding 3 doesnt hurt or help anyone, although some guys will buy off it both ways and that will help the books in the long run.

But this is a one game sudden death situation where books shouldnt really be gambling.
    The fact is though that you don't know their book and you don't even know that they are gambling. You're just guessing. 5Dimes just doesn't seem like a gambling book to me, and I doubt they are here. Of course I don't know their hold either, I'm also just guessing.

jetsjets1028
    jetsjets1028's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1363

nope not at all

k13

Anyone can get -2.5 everywhere if they want to pay juice.

You make it sound like they are offering -2.5 (-105)
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: milkncereal

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7696

There is no doubt that 5dimes is gambling on this game. They want as much action as possible and there linesman is licking his chops for more action.

Statman
    Statman's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2733

Guys,

I thought I remember somewhere that the 'prop action' on the Superbowl now outweighs the normal side/total action on the game itself. If this is the case, would not the true risk for the book lie in how people are playing those types of wagers instead?

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Statman View Post
    Guys,

I thought I remember somewhere that the 'prop action' on the Superbowl now outweighs the normal side/total action on the game itself. If this is the case, would not the true risk for the book lie in how people are playing those types of wagers instead?
    Books just about ALWAYS win on props because there are so many. The difference is the game/total is 2 events and if you're big on those and it loses, then you lose. Props help either way. Bigger win or smaller loss. I'm not telling people not to bet props, but overall guaranteed the books will churn out a nice profit on props.

Sam Odom

Vig is too strong on props... have to find the ones that are 'off' to make $$$

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears
    thetrinity's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5536

Quote Originally Posted by k13 View Post
    If they were scared to get middled they never would have moved the line.

Detox
    Detox's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 403

I thought the line opened low ... then it dropped.

wantitall4moi

Quote Originally Posted by k13 View Post
    Anyone can get -2.5 everywhere if they want to pay juice.

You make it sound like they are offering -2.5 (-105)
    They had +3.5 -120, and -2.5 -115. It might even get less than that if people are sitting around waiting. Hell they could take +3.5 -120 and then take Pats ML for -130 before all is said and done. 5 Dimes is best price on Pats ML now too at -138. I think it dips lower. So forget the 2.5 -120, -138 ML and +3.5 -120 is a no brainer shot for anyone who is serious about gambling. But like I say I figure -130, maybe even less on Pats before kick off.

dodger33
    Kershnasty
    dodger33's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 244

Not sure how long it was at 3.5 but even if it didn't change until last friday they probably only had 2-5% of the final handle wagered at that point. They are hardly exposed here.

GunShard
    Invest In Ethereum And Bitcoin
    GunShard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1920

I think I teased the Giants with 6 points when the line was at +3.5

It would be interesting by game time if the line goes to -1.

FindTheLock
    FindTheLock's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 191

Betonline never offered +3.5 so they can goof around a little bit. 5 Dimes opened +3.5 -125, it actually got to +3.5 -120 so I am assuming their limits were decent at that point. They have offered -2.5 for as little as -115 themselves. So they arent like a book that is offering a side shor somewhere they opened themselves up to a full all middle from within.

I am always the first to say it isnt as big a deal as people make it out to be, but in the Sb with the money that is floating around it is pretty reckless. Its onething to let books offer 2.5 because they can but as a book that offered +3.5 you have to be alittle more judicial on how you move. But they have been all over the place, they got hammered last week when they moved it to -2.5 first. I also have ot assume since they and pinnacle were really the only ones who had 3.5 at all they got hammered there as well.

Odds of it being a Pats FG win are slim but will be interesting to see what happens if that is the final result.

But to be safe people should get all their money out of 5 dimes this week. Probably too late though as I am sure they take 10 days to process requests as well.
    dude I requested a withrdraw from 5dimes yesterday at 8:30am. My money was ready for pickup before the place even opens today. It takes less than 24 hours to get your money out of 5dimes.

KC
    KC's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 150

Of course 5D doesnt want a 3 point Pats win but they moved off the number fast enough for their voulume to still profit on the game regardless. Giants win anyway.

wantitall4moi

Quote Originally Posted by KC View Post
    Of course 5D doesnt want a 3 point Pats win but they moved off the number fast enough for their voulume to still profit on the game regardless. Giants win anyway.
    That statement is so full of irony it almost doesnt bear commenting on, but....

If seemingly every bet is on the Giants, and the way the line has moved everywhere it is, then how is the Giants winning going to equate to 5 Dimes profiting?

It doesnt look like the books are even close to balancing action on this game as for 10 days it has been 95% Giants money, the only real Patriots move was when 5 dimes offered Pats -2.5. Which for them is still a disaster if the Pats win by 3 because while a side doesnt kill them it does give them a lot of non action on all their +/-3 bets. I doubt very highly people are taking +2.5 At this point they have all switched to the ML I would guess. Which I am not sure would be enough to offset all the -2.5 money out there even if Giants do win SU.

As I say it will be very interesting to see what happens if the game lands on a Patriots 3 point win.

dilaudid8
    dilaudid8's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 88

best bet from the best baby

yes this line is nut's this game should be a blowout baby by N.E. with no problem this line should have been N.E.-7, at least if you don't take the best QB and the best coach of all time and the line mean's nothing there is only 1 bet here and it's N.E. super bowl winner's

12 Last