blackbeSSt
    blackbeSSt's Avatar Become A Pro!

With the exception of del Potro in 2009......

you have to go back to the 2005 Aussie open to find the last major winner that WAS NOT Rafa, Fed or Djoker. has there ever been such a domination by 3 men

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1830

So what do you think of Andy Murray to NOT win a Grand Slam at -400???

blackbeSSt

Quote Originally Posted by k13 View Post
    pound the fukk out of it. hell, i'd take that bet for his ENTIRE CAREER

shari91
    shari91's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1689

This is the same bet Boner's gf took last year although at worse chalk I'm pretty sure. Mind you he wasn't looking as good as he did in Melb this time but locking money up for a year is pretty full on, especially in a sport where people get injured like they do in tennis and now that it seems Lendl has beaten some sense into him. I keep thinking Fed is going to retire too... no basis for that thought whatsoever but I said midway last year I thought this would be his last year because this losing thing is not going to sit well with him for much longer. If by some fluke that happened, that would be a game changer... one less person for Murray to have to get through to make a Final. Not saying he'd win if he even made it but at least it'd up his chances.

k13

Quote Originally Posted by blackbeSSt View Post
    pound the fukk out of it. hell, i'd take that bet for his ENTIRE CAREER
    lol

His only decent chances are Aussie and Wimbledon. One is already gone.

Plus any possible injuries.

Just a long time to wait and doubt the limits are high enough to be worth it.

k13

5/27/2012 6:00 AM How many Grand Slam will Rafael Nadal win 2012 Player must start the Australian Open for action.
    1501 One Grand Slam +125
    1502 Two Grand Slams +225
    1503 Three Grand Slams +3050
    1504 No Grand Slam +205
    5/27/2012 6:00 AM How many Grand Slam will Roger Federer win 2012 Player must start the Australian Open for action.
    1511 One Grand Slam +175
    1512 Two Grand Slams +1615
    1513 Three Grand Slams +7550
    1514 No Grand Slam -225
    5/27/2012 6:00 AM How many Grand Slam will Novak Djokovic win 2012 Player must start the Australian Open for action.
    1521 One Grand Slam +215
    1522 Two Grand Slams +145
    1523 Three Grand Slams +245
    1524 Four Grand Slams +715
    5/27/2012 6:00 AM How many Grand Slam will Andy Murray win 2012 Player must start the Australian Open for action.
    1531 One Grand Slam +285
    1532 Two Grand Slams +2550
    1533 Three Grand Slams +12550
    1534 No Grand Slam -415

k13

What are the odds of Woz to NOT win a grand slam this year?

Can I parlay that with Murray....

shari91

What are the odds of Woz to NOT win a grand slam this year?

Can I parlay that with Murray....
    lol if you can find that prop, I'd be very interested to see the price. Surely a book wouldn't be silly enough to hang it?? At least Murray has a chance no matter how slim it may be... Woz simply doesn't unless she completely overhauls her game and several players break both ankles.

yisman
    yisman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 246162

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...mpions_by_year

It's really something.

2005 Marat Safin (2/2) Rafael Nadal (1/10) Roger Federer (5/16) Roger Federer (6/16)
    2006 Roger Federer (7/16) Rafael Nadal (2/10) Roger Federer (8/16) Roger Federer (9/16)
    2007 Roger Federer (10/16) Rafael Nadal (3/10) Roger Federer (11/16) Roger Federer (12/16)
    2008 SRB: Novak Djokovic (1/5) Rafael Nadal (4/10) Rafael Nadal (5/10) Roger Federer (13/16)
    2009 Rafael Nadal (6/10) Roger Federer (14/16) Roger Federer (15/16) Juan Martín del Potro
    2010 Roger Federer (16/16) Rafael Nadal (7/10) Rafael Nadal (8/10) Rafael Nadal (9/10)
    2011 Novak Djokovic (2/5) Rafael Nadal (10/10) Novak Djokovic (3/5) Novak Djokovic (4/5)
    2012 Novak Djokovic (5/5)

yisman

By the way, while I wouldn't bet on Murray to win one this year (unless you gave me some sweet odds), I do think he'll get one eventually.

k13

Quote Originally Posted by yisman View Post
    By the way, while I wouldn't bet on Murray to win one this year (unless you gave me some sweet odds), I do think he'll get one eventually.
    What's sweet to you?

yisman

I got out my abacus and determined that I'd want at least 6/1 odds.

shari91

I got out my abacus and determined that I'd want at least 6/1 odds.

Those odds k posted are too short. I really wouldn't take -400 on that one and I've been one of the biggest Murray bashers on here for how long.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Murray more talent than Nadal but less fight

Murray has better shot to knock off Joker than Fed or Nadal

yisman

shari you've come around on Murray. After that match you were saying you thought he's turned a corner. For me, it was just a matter of time. Whether he's turned the corner or not, I've always felt he was too good not to get one eventually. It's not like he's past his prime or something. He should be able to play at a high level for some years ahead. At the very least, three, and he shouldn't need more than that.

The wave of top players that was predicted never really came. When Cilic and del Potro were doing well for a few months, it was all "here comes the next wave of great players, Murray will never have a chance." But that didn't come to fruition. The next wave is not in sight at the moment.

Mind you, I'm not a Murray fan. Djokovic was always my guy. I just know what Murray has.

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9194

It is about time for a new winner. I just personally don't want Murray to get one. He's cost me too much money to deserve it!

What about Del Potro? Anyone think he will be a slam semi contender this year? Maybe the French?

shari91

shari you've come around on Murray. After that match you were saying you thought he's turned a corner. For me, it was just a matter of time. Whether he's turned the corner or not, I've always felt he was too good not to get one eventually. It's not like he's past his prime or something. He should be able to play at a high level for some years ahead. At the very least, three, and he shouldn't need more than that.

The wave of top players that was predicted never really came. When Cilic and del Potro were doing well for a few months, it was all "here comes the next wave of great players, Murray will never have a chance." But that didn't come to fruition. The next wave is not in sight at the moment.

Mind you, I'm not a Murray fan. Djokovic was always my guy. I just know what Murray has.
    Yeah I've hugely come around after the Aussie swing. It was the same thing with Djoko last year when not many were ready to back him and I kept saying wait until he fixes his head and he'll be a beast. Obviously I didn't expect anything like he ended up producing but I thought he'd be much more competitive once he had that one aspect sorted instead of crying about whatever ailments/bitching about calls/yipping to his box. The mental aspect is a big thing for me. Same reason I couldn't even put $10 on Vika this time and why I'm now impressed with Murray. He has always had all the talent and skill in the world... but between his brain and judmoo, he wasn't going anywhere. Now that she's not there to coddle him... and Lendl has no problem with walking out of his matches when he's being a bitch... I think he's good to go.

The old Murray would've been like Fed after that match to some extent (as much as I like Fed he still makes more excuses than a dodgy seafood joint)... he didn't complain, he didn't cry about anything.... he was very positive about the whole experience. When the f have you ever properly heard that from Andy Murray and to only have one minor whinge in a major match like that? And the whinge lasted 3 seconds and meant nothing? This is going to be a big year for him, barring any disastrous injuries. Not sure if he'll win a Slam this time around but I'd feel much less comfortable fading him at Wimbledon and the US than I have in years past now. Used to be an auto fade but as time goes on, I think we'd be silly to just assume that 100% now.

yisman

if the search function ever comes back I want to bump my 2010 Djokovic posts.

shari91

haha it's coming back... should be soon

Those two were always kind of in the same spot. Great game but immature with too many distractions. Now obv one's gone in one direction and the other is still only #4 in the world. Like that's a bad thing when Nadal, Djoko and Fed are around. Funny thing is that #4 men's = more consistency than any of the top women yet he's still slammed

I've become a big fan of his over the past month. Unless you're a fixer or a quitter, then I'll always cheer for you as a tennis player because the sheer athleticism can't be beat. He however has earned my respect finally. Been a long slog but I'll actually blatantly hope he does well unless he starts to tank before the French. Can't see that happening with Lendl as his coach now though. Enter to try to win or don't bother at all. Seems very Ivan-ny, no?

beefcake
    Update your status
    beefcake's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 178

When was the last time we had someone come out of left field like Pat Cash and win a major?

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR
    Chi_archie's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2380

Murrary is erratic and not intrinsically motivated or fired up

ApricotSinner32
    ApricotSinner32's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26

I think ferrer has value at 44-1 to win the french.Will look more in to it.

blackbeSSt

you can still search your threads, but theres a HUGE gap in between what you can see.

i can see your posts from 9/1/08-10/15/08 and 12/28/10-1/30/11

Dutchie
    Dutchie's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 165

when does the French Start>?

shari91

Quote Originally Posted by ApricotSinner32 View Post
    I think ferrer has value at 44-1 to win the french.Will look more in to it.
    For sheer guts and a worthy dog compared to the price... Ferrer's always a good bet. For a good chance to green out, he won't be in the French because he'll make it so far that whomever he's up against when it counts will be a favourite. Hard to profit from that unless you're willing to lay some serious chalk just to try to win back your initial stake. JMO though

blackbeSSt

Quote Originally Posted by Dutchie View Post
    when does the French Start>?
    late mayish

ApricotSinner32
    ApricotSinner32's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26

I'm not talking about hedging if/when he gets far. But with all the chaos in sports/injuries etc I think it's definately worth a shot if hes 100%. Nadal/Joker putting their bodies through wars constantly... Fed getting older/Murray not being able to get over the hump consistently. Would only have to win the tourney just over 2.17% of the time to make it profitable. I wouldn't bet it now though as it's not like the line will shoot down to 20 to 1 or nothing anytime soon so it makes more sense to gather more information in the coming months before making a decision.

shari91

Quote Originally Posted by ApricotSinner32 View Post
    I'm not talking about hedging if/when he gets far. But with all the chaos in sports/injuries etc I think it's definately worth a shot if hes 100%. Nadal/Joker putting their bodies through wars constantly... Fed getting older/Murray not being able to get over the hump consistently. Would only have to win the tourney just over 2.17% of the time to make it profitable. I wouldn't bet it now though as it's not like the line will shoot down to 20 to 1 or nothing anytime soon so it makes more sense to gather more information in the coming months before making a decision.
    I had considered the possibility of you holding it all the way through before I responded. Until I remembered him saying last week that the top 4 are unbeatable. So yeah I guess as a long shot it's good but really the guy himself doesn't think he can win against them. If there is any sort of karma - not even for gamblers but for tennis fans- he would win. But bloody hell it's a big ask, especially when the top guys aren't going to overly exert themselves before the French. Nadal's even taking all of Feb off which lets you know what he's focussed on. Let us know if you end up betting it though... I love cheering for him regardless. Would be awesome to back someone with a futures bet on him .

jjgold

Del Potro
    Ore of a threat than Ferrer for any tourney

Ferrer lacks the real physical presence to win big time

He is 0-33 vs top players although beat a few when they were injured so that does not count.

Murray should get to 2 or 3 this year

Fed gets too tight now in big matches even though he has list very little in his game.

Nadal injury prone

Joker way better than anyone

blackbeSSt

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Del Potro Ore of a threat than Ferrer for any tourney Ferrer lacks the real physical presence to win big time He is 0-33 vs top players although beat a few when they were injured so that does not count. Murray should get to 2 or 3 this year Fed gets too tight now in big matches even though he has list very little in his game. Nadal injury prone Joker way better than anyone
    can we get a call to the jjgold bullpen. this time slot jj isn't cutting it

yisman

shari Nadal is focused on the French every year!

shari91

Quote Originally Posted by blackbeSSt View Post

can we get a call to the jjgold bullpen. this time slot jj isn't cutting it
    lol

to be fair he's kind of right though

Ferrer is a beast and whilst he isn't at the "quit" stage like JJ suggested the other day, he's not beating them in a Slam

Fed isn't tightening up but his Federror alter ego is hurting him because the others have caught up... still a monster but very vulnerable

Nadal will be ok

Djoko too good but won't win the French... not sure who will (Nadal prob) but it won't be him

blackbeSSt

snaggle, murray should get 2 or 3 what this year?

shari91

shari Nadal is focused on the French every year!
    Yeah exactly and that's why I think he'll most likely win it again. He seems to set his training schedule to peak for it... as he should. It's obviously the one that means the most to him and considering he's a clay courter at heart, it's not a surprise. Djoko beats Nadal at the French this year then I will consider Djoko one of the top 5 of all times. Can't see it happening though (if he even meets him for the first time).

jjgold

Nadal will not win the French unless Joker gets knocked out

Joker passed him on the clay too

12 Last