EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

Agree with the above. I see Nadal treating Roland Garros like Roger always treated Wimbledon. That's still the one loss I think that hurt Roger the most as a professional was losing to Rafa the 1st time at Wimbledon. I think that would be the same for Rafa losing to Djokovic at RG. I think he can handle losing to him on clay in other venues in best of 3 and even losing to him at other Slams w/out it entirely consuming him. Losing at RG though really eats at him you get the feeling. You look at RG in 2010 the year after Soderling upset him and he absolutely crushed everyone, so you know how much that title means to him.

face
    face's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 201

might be a good idea to bet djoker every time he plays nadal. mismatch for nadal it seems. also small wager on murray NO grand slams in 2012 @-415 seems chalky but fun.

FourLengthsClear
    King of the Idiots
    FourLengthsClear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 508

Quote Originally Posted by beefcake View Post
    When was the last time we had someone come out of left field like Pat Cash and win a major?
    Gaudio won the French Open in 2004.
    That guy could go from being a world beater on a Tuesday to playing like an amateur on a Thursday.

yisman
    yisman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 246162

yeah I was looking at that earlier, when I was looking at the Wikipedia page. I looked up Gaudio because I wanted to see what happened that tournament that allowed someone like him to win.

Federer lost in the 3rd in straights to Kuerten. He was really different on clay back then, but he improved in the ensuing years.

First 12