tatommack
    cowboys make the playoffs
    tatommack's Avatar Become A Pro!

Please explain to me why we shouldn't unload

On the giants! Pats had the easy road here. Giants beat the best teams and on the road. Giants d line has to one of the best ever. Please and any input I'd love to hear yalls thoughts. Thx

Iced
    Iced's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

<-----

YouMama
    Losers Lose
    YouMama's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 191

cus u dont bet against the evil empire

paco
    paco's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7051

All that u mentioned and still the Pats are favored on a neutral field?

Blissit02
    Blissit02's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 43

As a die hard Pats fan, I must agree with you. Patriots will need 38 points to win this game!

tatommack

Quote Originally Posted by paco View Post
    Doesn't make since bro don't be a homer. Pats didn't beat any good teams all year. They should have lost to ravens they got out played on both ends last week.

Jonah
    Jonah's Avatar Become A Pro!

The Late Mrs. Kraft. When I close my eyes, I see this being the post game celebration story.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Blissit02

Deuce
    Eddie Mush
    Deuce's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3519

DiggityDaggityDo
    DiggityDaggityDo's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 30698

You are asking the wrong people. Most here at sbr think the giants had a cake-walk because the 49ers are not as good as their record indicates.

I think the giants beat a really good 49er team with some luck of course.

I'm betting NE though. I see NE winning by 6-7 points.

rsnnh12
    rsnnh12's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 205

Quote Originally Posted by tatommack View Post
    On the giants! Pats had the easy road here. Giants beat the best teams and on the road. Giants d line has to one of the best ever. Please and any input I'd love to hear yalls thoughts. Thx
    One of the best ever? they're not as good as the 07 line. Their pass rush is about the same as the Ravens, who managed 1 sack last week. 59% of Brady's passes were out in under 2.4 seconds. Good luck sacking that. Their linebackers are average, their secondary is weak. If the front 4 can't DOMINATE like the 07 line did, then Brady will have a field day.

Funny that you mention that the Pats should have lost last week, when the Giants barely scraped by as well. All that matters is the W. Brady/Belichick >>> Coughlin/Eli, and while this should be a very close game til the end, the Pats are the better team IMO. Certainly not the best team in the NFL this year, but better than the only team they need to be better than

Chimneyfish
    Chimneyfish's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1283

The fact that they had an easier road to the Super Bowl doesn't say anything about the quality of the team. Teams don't somehow get worse by facing weaker opponents.

The Giants have some good things going for them: they beat the best team in football, and then they went on to beat a 49ers team that was better than them. I guess it's a question of whether you think smaller sample sizes are more revealing than season-long sample sizes. Personally, I don't believe that a team with a negative point differential through the regular season is capable of winning a Super Bowl. I'll stick with New England.

Djstucky
    Djstucky's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 454

It just doesn't seem logical to bet against Brady in the Pats...they have faired very well in the 3 other super bowls they were dogs or coin flips...they only got beat when heavy favorites...they seem to be motivated in these situations or at least have in the past and I don't see why this would be any different...

icancount2one
    Let's go NickFolian Dynamite!
    icancount2one's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 571

Aren't Gronk and Brady both hurt?

sneak-a-peak
    sneak-a-peak's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

I want the G-men to win but I dont think they will

The biggest factor for me that no one is talking about is this bye week helps out the Pats a lot more than the G-men

the Pats did not play that great against the Ravens and need the time to regroup and focus

as for the G-men they have been on a rampage for 5 straight weeks and I think the biggest enemy to a very hot team is sitting and cooling off

bottom line is hot teams need to keep playing- i suspect we've already seen the G-mens peak this time around

Not to mention noone has ever stuck it to the pats like the g-men have...... there is plenty of motivation in Bradys and Belichicks mind that I just would not bet against

I actually will prolly lay off this game and just enjoy it

Cicima6709
    Cicima6709's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1565

Quote Originally Posted by Jonah View Post
    The Late Mrs. Kraft. When I close my eyes, I see this being the post game celebration story.
    Agree.

rsnnh12
    rsnnh12's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 205

Quote Originally Posted by icancount2one View Post
    Aren't Gronk and Brady both hurt?
    Gronk is ok, high ankle sprain at worst. Adrenaline and painkillers will make that negligible come game time. Brady has had an injury to his left shoulder for a while, but as far as I know that's it.

Sneak a peak nailed it though. Just like the 07 Pats peaked too early, there's a good chance the Giants did too, and the 2 week layover could kill them. Giants certainly match up well with the Pats, but I don't think they peaked at the right time

tatommack

You say the giants d is weak what about the pats? Aren't they the worst in the NFL? If Jason p p is all over the field it's over my gut says Brady will be on the ground alot and get hurt

manny24
    pay Bobby
    manny24's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 649

Quote Originally Posted by tatommack View Post
    Doesn't make since bro don't be a homer. Pats didn't beat any good teams all year. They should have lost to ravens they got out played on both ends last week.
    ...and if the ravens had won that game they would pound the giants in the super bowl as well imo...tato this is going to happen.

robmpink
    Update your status
    robmpink's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 43

Guy, you made over $110k last year gambling, don't know in what form, and you are asking people why you shouldn't unload?

darkhat
    darkhat's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2882

Quote Originally Posted by Iced View Post
    <-----

GamblerSpirit
    TheCentaur, Spankie gone fishing :(
    GamblerSpirit's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by paco View Post
    Could it also simply be that the nation believes the Pats are the better team, which is absolutely false. Tom Brady and Bill Belichick are no frauds, but the last 8 or so quarterback they faced don't even begin to compare to Eli Manning. Giants have a good history against this team, already beat them this year, AND can EASILY score on that defense. Give me the underdogs all day, especially when we're talking about Boston-NY Rivalry! Rob Gronkowsi is going to be injured giving his all on the field. This is a great opportunity to make money again. I'm way too confident in my NY Giants squad. What is more promising to hear is Eli Manning's comments lately. This guy finally is becoming the franchise QB this team requires. With this upcoming Super Bowl, Eli Manning is on the verge of another championship and a step closer to Canton. Excellent time right now to be a Giants fan.

P.S. Obviously you would consider me biased, since I'm a Giants fan, but I'm also the type of fan to fade his team when I know they can lose. It is what it is.
    Last edited by GamblerSpirit; 01-29-12 at 07:16 PM. Reason: spelling

GamblerSpirit
    TheCentaur, Spankie gone fishing :(
    GamblerSpirit's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by rsnnh12 View Post
    Sneak a peak nailed it though. Just like the 07 Pats peaked too early, there's a good chance the Giants did too, and the 2 week layover could kill them.
    Believe whatever you want about the Gronk, but he is going to be affected, no matter of how big a beast he is. Sure, he might grab a TD in the Red Zone, but he's not going to be the same monster dragging LBs five yards to reach the endzone. (This guy is unbelievable!) He's not going to be all over the field at the same speed and in the same capacity as before.

This Giants team is peaking RIGHT NOW, as in the playoffs, but the 07 Pats team was peaking the ENTIRE season, right up to the SuperBowl. Give credit where it's due, it's obvious you're favoring the Pats side for no good reason.
    Last edited by GamblerSpirit; 01-29-12 at 07:17 PM.