BIGDAY
    angelman.org
    BIGDAY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24866

Quote Originally Posted by Dax View Post
    How about you plant a tree and do it for your self satisfaction? And I'll let YOU parlay MMA when you go put JJ in an Arm Bar or Kimura, but no tapping out, you have to break something...
    Til I hear a pop.

GOIRISH
    GOIRISH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1128

i dont get this. should america be apologizing because we dont have a rainforest like south america?

Dax
    Formerly known as the Linesman!
    Dax's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 210

Quote Originally Posted by BIGDAY View Post
    Til I hear a pop.
    Or a crack, whichever comes first...

opie1988
    I have a MAJOR fukkin clue..
    opie1988's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1012

I know a few of you do care, much respect to those who really give a fuk for their home.

& Opie aside from all the BS, e-tough, denigrating jibber jabber that you write to get some attention, I know you're just pissed off because you're getting close to that age... But don't worry dude, I support Senior Citizens such as yourself.
    You mad, brah?

SBR
    Poster of
    Year 2011

muldoon
    muldoon's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by GOIRISH View Post
    i dont get this. should america be apologizing because we dont have a rainforest like south america?
    I don't quite get the grief either. There's vast areas of desert and farmland. These were not clearcut to create deserts/farms.

Dax

Quote Originally Posted by opie1988 View Post
    You mad, brah?
    I don't get mad... I get EVEN

sickler
    Facade 101
    sickler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2983

Quote Originally Posted by sickler View Post
    Yes, keep planting trees for your beautiful landscape and buy your lumber from us (Canada). We have much barren land to supply you.
    And while you're at it, smack some sense into these misinformed Americans.

Conflict Venezuelan oil over tarsands oil? Big uhm!

Dax

Bump, come on people I know you wanna vent... tell me how wrong I am...

King Mayan
    STFU AND SQUAT PUTO
    King Mayan's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3679

Quote Originally Posted by BIGDAY View Post
    Drill Baby Drill.

every repub says this, until their backyard has a oil rig, communtity has no trees, they get cancer, or their water is flammable.. Then they cry like lil girls..
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Dax

Creditsforedits
    Creditsforedits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1745

Any tree is good, as long as we can lower carbon dioxide emissions and give a future to all the kids in the world...
    Dax,

Can you explain why the current levels of Carbon Dioxide in the Earth's atmosphere are problematic and need to be reduced?

Please address the following points in your answer:-

• CO2 is essential for life on Earth and is part of the Carbon Cycle by which plants produce Oxygen.

• Increasing temperature is a proven cause of increasing CO2 in the atmosphere i.e. the temperature rises BEFORE the CO2 levels rise and indeed causes the levels of CO2 to rise, the opposite is not proven.

• Most sources of CO2 emissions are natural, the natural decay of organic matter, such as trees causes about 220 gigatonnes of CO2 to be released every year into the atmosphere; in 2008 31.8 gigatonnes of CO2 were released from burning fossil fuels. In fact in over 100 years from 1901 to 2008 the total amount of CO2 released into the atmosphere from burning fossil fuels was about 334 gigatonnes, less than two years of naturally occurring CO2 released from natural decay of organic matter.

Trees should be planted, they are most definitely good but why does Carbon Dioxide have to enter the debate?

BIGDAY
    angelman.org
    BIGDAY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24866

Quote Originally Posted by King Mayan View Post
    every repub says this, until their backyard has a oil rig, communtity has no trees, they get cancer, or their water is flammable.. Then they cry like lil girls..

LVHerbie
    LVHerbie's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1973

I know a few of you do care, much respect to those who really give a fuk for their home.

& Opie aside from all the BS, e-tough, denigrating jibber jabber that you write to get some attention, I know you're just pissed off because you're getting close to that age... But don't worry dude, I support Senior Citizens such as yourself.
    Don't forget to mention how easy it is the take shots at people in other countries when you won the birth lottery...

True believers like Opie are the type that would have become suicide bombers if they would have popped out from under a burqa...
    Points Awarded:

Dax gave LVHerbie 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

SEAHAWKHARRY
    Northern Lights
    SEAHAWKHARRY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2385

Put the plant a tree option in SBR Store
    Points Awarded:

Dax gave SEAHAWKHARRY 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Dax

Quote Originally Posted by Creditsforedits View Post
    Dax, Can you explain why the current levels of Carbon Dioxide in the Earth's atmosphere are problematic and need to be reduced? Please address the following points in your answer:-
    • CO2 is essential for life on Earth and is part of the Carbon Cycle by which plants produce Oxygen.

• Increasing temperature is a proven cause of increasing CO2 in the atmosphere i.e. the temperature rises BEFORE the CO2 levels rise and indeed causes the levels of CO2 to rise, the opposite is not proven.

• Most sources of CO2 emissions are natural, the natural decay of organic matter, such as trees causes about 220 gigatonnes of CO2 to be released every year into the atmosphere; in 2008 31.8 gigatonnes of CO2 were released from burning fossil fuels. In fact in over 100 years from 1901 to 2008 the total amount of CO2 released into the atmosphere from burning fossil fuels was about 334 gigatonnes, less than two years of naturally occurring CO2 released from natural decay of organic matter.

[FONT="]Trees should be planted, they are most definitely good but why does Carbon Dioxide have to enter the debate?[/font]

Most definitely it is essential for our planet (but I assume we all know this from basic biology classes)

Increasing temperature happens naturally as it's part of the earths cycle thus increasing CO2 in our atmosphere (we both agree here), and it can all be managed in the proportions which would be considered NORMAL by Natures standards (this automatically excludes any human caused emissions in to the plant since we are an additional factor in Earths equations). Now by adding our CO2 emissions, the planet has to work extra to filter and clean itself as it would with what is naturally produced, this wouldn't be a problem as mother nature can handle with this. THE PROBLEM is by us not replenishing our forests and cutting more than what is being grown we are limiting the amount of CO2 that the plants can process and this with the CO2 that the planet is already producing is speeding up the increase of temperature level of the planet, which will eventually cause much more natural disasters and other extreme consequences (which in part is good for the planet, but bad for us as we will be caught in the middle of this and will not be able to do anything about it).

I know realize that part of what I wrote on the second answer complements to answering (sorry for the redundancy couldn't find a better way to express my thought) the question Below.

Sorry took me so long to write I'm also uploading props...

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

Drive across the country one day. In North Texas, New Mexico, Arizona, Wyoming and Utah, there isn't shit but brush for as far as you can see...you can can see for days.

Creditsforedits

"Now by adding our CO2 emissions, the plants has to work extra to filter and clean itself"

This is not true, plants do not filter and clean themselves of CO2, they use CO2 as part of their cycle of growth and photosynthesis. The more CO2 the better as far as a plant is concerned. Certainly within limits but the levels of CO2 in the atmosphere, including everything created by man is far below historical levels when plants thrived. However plants need CO2 and produce O2 as waste, we need O2 and produce CO2 as waste and our activity is not upsetting this balance.

Deforestation is certainly a problem but again not because of CO2, it is a problem because it kills things and it also destabalises land which in turn can cause land slides and kill people as witnessed in Honduras and Brazil.

"CO2 that the planet is already producing is speeding up the increase of temperature level of the planet"

You just agreed with me that temperature causes CO2 to rise and I stated that it is unproven that rising CO2 causes temperatures to rise, can you show how CO2 production, at the levels currently experienced, is causing the temperatures of the planet to rise?

Given you produce CO2 everytime you breath, perhaps you would like to be the first to sacrifice this essential function for the totally unfounded argument that man made CO2 is a problem for the planet? Or stop driving that 3.0 litre Toyota and walk your girl to the beautiful lake that is so endangered by it...

Dax

I meant to say Planet, which is why I corrected it...

"Now by adding our CO2 emissions, the plants has to work extra to filter and clean itself"

Sorry bout that

SwiftKix
    Hi there SBRForum!
    SwiftKix's Avatar Become A Pro!

nobody gives a shit about this bullshit.

Creditsforedits

I meant to say Planet, which is why I corrected it... "Now by adding our CO2 emissions, the plants has to work extra to filter and clean itself" Sorry bout that
    Fair play but I think the reasoning still stands, CO2 is a perfectly natural gas that is essential to life on this planet, the amount of CO2 put into the atmosphere by man kind is not enough to cause the kinds of drastic climactic changes that you are talking about and is not the cause of a warming planet.

To limit progress, tax people and generally try to stop the production of CO2 by people will cause great harm to many but there is no substantial evidence to suggest that it is causing harm to the planet in any way.

I think it also takes away from the more real and serious arguments of tangible things like deforestation, pollution, over fishing etc which are really destructive.

CO2 is good, more of it I say!

Dax

"You just agreed with me that temperature causes CO2 to rise and I stated that it is unproven that rising CO2 causes temperatures to rise, can you show how CO2 production, at the levels currently experienced, is causing the temperatures of the planet to rise?"

The additional rise of CO2 is eroding the ozone layer. And by reading your so eloquent writing, I can assume you know that this is a huge part of what is increasing the temperature of the planet or will you refute to this also stating it has nothing to do with the other?

"Given you produce CO2 every time you breath, perhaps you would like to be the first to sacrifice this essential function for the totally unfounded argument that man made CO2 is a problem for the planet? Or stop driving that 3.0 litre Toyota and walk your girl to the beautiful lake that is so endangered by it..."

And wouldn't simply eliminating all Human life be the proper solution to this? (please note the sarcasm). I think that we can do everything as long as we help our planet and try to live in harmony with it. Which is why I myself plant at least two or three trees a year to help give back for what I have put in to the planet. And my truck is Diesel and every time I can and is possible for me I use Bio Diesel fuel to help lower emissions.

Dax

Quote Originally Posted by SwiftKix View Post
    nobody gives a shit about this bullshit.
    Apparently you do since you checked in

Dax

Quote Originally Posted by Creditsforedits View Post
    Fair play but I think the reasoning still stands, CO2 is a perfectly natural gas that is essential to life on this planet, the amount of CO2 put into the atmosphere by man kind is not enough to cause the kinds of drastic climactic changes that you are talking about and is not the cause of a warming planet. To limit progress, tax people and generally try to stop the production of CO2 by people will cause great harm to many but there is no substantial evidence to suggest that it is causing harm to the planet in any way. I think it also takes away from the more real and serious arguments of tangible things like deforestation, pollution, over fishing etc which are really destructive. CO2 is good, more of it I say!
    Right here dude we both see EYE to EYE...

This is something I'd hope everyone would seriously consider.

Be Cool Dude

Creditsforedits

"The additional rise of CO2 is eroding the ozone layer"

Again, not true... chlorofluorocarbons are what destroy the ozone layer NOT carbon dioxide. CFC's are a by product of chemical engineering and unlike CO2 are entirely unnatural. They are widely used in fridges, aerosls and solvents and they were phased out due to their destruction of the ozone layer... again nothing to do with CO2.

According to the NOAA website "gases, such as carbon dioxide, MAY affect how the ozone layer RECOVERS in coming years"

Not proven, it MAY affect the recovery, it does not even state if CO2 will adversely effect the recovery, for all we know more CO2 might actually help the Ozone layer recover

So again, please tell me how man made CO2 is causing temperatures to rise?

SwiftKix
    Hi there SBRForum!
    SwiftKix's Avatar Become A Pro!

Apparently you do since you checked in
    Haven't read the thread, just saying nobody gives a shit. Don't be mad

opie1988

Quote Originally Posted by King Mayan View Post
    every repub says this, until their backyard has a oil rig
    My backyard has numerous oil rigs, and I personally couldn't be happier about it.

SBR
    Poster of
    Year 2011

Creditsforedits

Dax, I totally agree with you and I know what you are saying is correct and you are someone who wants to look after the world and make it better.

What I am trying to show is that the argument about CO2 is complete BS... it was cooked up by the Club of Rome many years ago to help push an agenda....

Here is the quote from the Club or Rome where they admit it:-

In 1993, the Club published The First Global Revolution. According to this book, divided nations require common enemies to unite them, "either a real one or else one invented for the purpose." Because of the sudden absence of traditional enemies, "new enemies must be identified. In searching for a new enemy to unite us, we came up with the idea that pollution, the threat of global warming, water shortages, famine and the like would fit the bill....All these dangers are caused by human intervention, and it is only through changed attitudes and behavior that they can be overcome. The real enemy then, is humanity itself."

Dax

I'll get back in to this in a bit... I need to finish posting props... But I love a nice debate

brooks85
    brooks85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6881

that stat about there being more trees now than 100 years ago is totally misleading haha. Though the stat is true there is one huge glaring difference between the trees that were cut down during the 18th-19th century in the U.S. and the ones today that were planted only decades ago... lol

If the stat holds true for another 50 years then it will mean something.

Also anyone worried about lack of trees look up Taiga and the conifers in them.
    Last edited by brooks85; 01-27-12 at 04:20 PM.

King Mayan
    STFU AND SQUAT PUTO
    King Mayan's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3679

Quote Originally Posted by opie1988 View Post
    My backyard has numerous oil rigs, and I personally couldn't be happier about it.
    yeah right... The oil rigs are good for money, but it's a eye sore.

And I know you wouldn't want your daughter around that crap.. I wouldn't.

opie1988

I'll get back in to this in a bit... I need to finish posting props... But I love a nice debate
    Good idea. Save this pinko, hippie, liberal bullsh*t for your "alternative" forums. This ain't Gaylive, son.

This is SBR. Men post here.

SBR
    Poster of
    Year 2011

wtf
    wtf's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 61

reminds me of that half a phag al gore

with his "powerpoint" presentation

all the time,

* he lived in a 10,000 square foot home with just his wife
    * the limo was outside was running while waiting for him to finish presentations
    * he would take private jets

Dutchie
    Dutchie's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 165

I live in the north, I want more global warming please

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

If you own a house the first thing you need to do is cut down every fukkin tree as they cause lots of damage to your property in a variety of ways ( storms, overgrowth of roots, leaves, etc)

$$$$ money issues

sickler
    Facade 101
    sickler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2983

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    If you own a house the first thing you need to do is cut down every fukkin tree as they cause lots of damage to your property in a variety of ways ( storms, overgrowth of roots, leaves, etc)

$$$$ money issues
    Rake the leaves ya lazy bastard.

Roots from a large tree close to the house can be a problem if you ever have to dig around the foundation to waterproof a leaky basement.

ThaTopMoron
    Body-Bags
    ThaTopMoron's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6892

every fukkn direction i look i see a bunch of motherfukkn trees.... calm down

First 123 Last