ttwarrior1
    ttwarrior1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9764

P Manning is done in Indy

My source is brad byrd out of evansville indiana. He does not put out false reports like alot of people.

It is so sad and so hard to write it again, but it's true: Peyton Manning is done in Indianapolis.
    After listening to Manning Monday night, after listening to owner Jim Irsay characterize Manning Thursday as "a politician" who should keep his concerns "in house," there's no other conclusion to be reached by a sane, sober human being: Manning's days in Indianapolis are over, and they have been over for quite some time. On a day when the introduction of Chuck Pagano as the Colts new head coach should have been the story, Irsay stole the headlines.
    What matters now is for this once-beautiful relationship, which produced so much success and joy to central Indiana, to stop deteriorating and to start moving forward in a more appropriate manner.
    After talking Thursday about Manning as "family," Irsay said, "He's a politician. When it comes to being competitive on a scale of one to 10, 10 being the highest, we're both 11s. There have been plenty of eggshells scattered around this building by him (Manning) with his competitive desire to win.
    "I don't think it's in the (best) interest to paint the Horseshoe in a negative light, I really don't. . . The horseshoe always comes first. One thing (Manning has) always known, and he's been around it so long, you keep it in the family. If you've got a problem, talk to each other. It's not about campaigning or anything like that."
    Manning responded with an exclusive comment to The Star, saying by phone Thursday night:
    "At this point, Mr. Irsay and I owe it to each other and to the fans of the organization to handle this appropriately and professionally, and I think we will. I've already reached out to Mr. Irsay. I wasn't trying to paint the Colts in a bad light, but it's tough when so many people you've known for so long are suddenly leaving. I feel very close to a lot of these guys and we've done great things together. It's hard to watch an old friend clean out his office. That's all I was trying to say.
    "I just want to keep rehabbing and working hard, and when the time is right for Mr. Irsay and I to sit down, I look forward to a healthy conversation about my future. I've worked too hard and have such great respect and have so many great relationships inside the building and out, and it's incredibly important that those remain."
    Irsay and Manning have meant too much to each other, to this franchise and to this city, for the relationship to turn into some kind of a battle for the hearts and minds of Indianapolis.
    "I want to separate the personal and the business," Manning said Monday night. "I've seen it get personal in other situations, and I don't want that to happen here."
    Too late.
    Sadly, too late.
    Is Irsay angry?
    Yeah, he's angry.
    Irsay was not happy after reading Manning's comments in The Star, during which the iconic quarterback spoke wistfully about the unsettled atmosphere at the West 56th Street facility. Irsay felt, at some level, like Manning was painting himself as the selfless hero who was using the media (namely, me) to garner the favor of the fans and paint the Colts as the heavies in this passion play.
    Tuesday, Irsay tweeted:
    Knowing medical situation last yr. n still paying $26,000,000.00 to #18,I've no regrets.It was right thing2do,I'm not pissed,contrary2rumor
    Nobody's quite sure what rumor Irsay was referring to. But he wanted it made clear, he knew Manning's neck was a mess one year ago and still had no problem giving him all that money -- which he spelled out with eight zeroes.
    Ultimately, Irsay is planning to do the only thing he can do.
    But now it has to be done the right way -- with class and grace.
    "There's not any sort of bad situation around here for healing or anything like that," Irsay said, referring to Manning's statement that the facility atmosphere is not conducive to healing. "That's not a correct perspective. Like I said, keep it in house, in our family. Talk to each other if you have problems. We'll work it through hand and hand and continue to talk as we get closer to the league year."
    Irsay was asked, "Should fans come to grips with the idea there's a legitimate chance Peyton won't be on this roster?"
    He answered, "Well, I think fans have already understood that. This is a neck, not an ankle, not a shoulder. Often times the NFL is criticized for putting people out there and for putting them at risk. I'm not going to do that. . . What he's done for the city, the state, what he means to me and our fans, we're not going to be in that situation. I just think him and I have to talk and see where his health is and go from there."
    My fervent hope is this doesn't continue to devolve. We are talking about good people in a bad situation, the thorniest situation since the 49ers traded Joe Montana. We're talking about one of the best owners in sports and one of the greatest quarterbacks in history, both of them good men, both of them great philanthropists.
    This should end with parades and statues, not harsh words. This should end with an entire region paying tribute to the greatest Indianapolis Colt of all time, not a blizzard of words.
    The pair need to talk and they need to talk, honestly and forthrightly, right now. And Irsay needs to tell him exactly what he plans to tell him later:
    "We're going to cut you. It hurts my heart and soul, but we have no choice. Our team is in cap hell. We have no flexibility. Even if we wanted to make one last run with a bunch of veterans, we couldn't because of cap issues. It's time to start over, and you start over with a 21-year-old kid, not a guy with age and health problems. This is not the way any of us wanted this to end, but it must end this way, and we must make it end in the best way possible."
    This is over.
    Has been for a while.
    Everybody is talking around the $28 million-dollar elephant in the room. It's there. Deal with it. And deal with it in a way that elevates Irsay, Manning and their beloved horseshoe, and doesn't diminish them all.

tt's thoughts

If manning can play how can you turn down 1st 2nd 3rd 4th round pick for luck? You can still draft a qb and have alot of picks to draft a non injured rb and some defense. If you draft luck, don't pay manning the money and go out and pickup some free agents and make sure you draft some defense. They will also need wr's as garcon and wayne are both free agents.

Deuce
    Eddie Mush
    Deuce's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3519

Thanks Captain Obvious.

spankie
    Long Live Rodney!
    spankie's Avatar Become A Pro!

thanks for spamming a bunch of drivel.

daimoshokage
    daimoshokage's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 57

ttwarrior1

you know tt doesn't post false reports

Also u did not know this.

ttwarrior1

p garcon and reggie wayne expected to sign with miami

bradthebloke
    bradthebloke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 255

albert pujols is out of st louis.

warriorfan707
    SBR Poster of the Milennium
    warriorfan707's Avatar Become A Pro!

We got a spot here for you in San Francisco Peyton.

Want to win another Super Bowl? Come on down!!!

ThaTopMoron
    Body-Bags
    ThaTopMoron's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6882

fukk off you cockroaches

Grits n' Gravy
    Bigdaddyqh diddles kids
    Grits n' Gravy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41120

He will not play anywhere next season and likely never again. Colts will be rebuilding.

NHL Pro Capper
    NHL Pro Capper's Avatar Become A Pro!

lol ttfagwarriorhomo, this is like on every sports station, lol "inside info" lol your a clown, your "locks" are garbage, and it's pathetic that you still post. Get a life and wake up...you're a loser, you're fat, you're ugly, and nobody, not even your family likes you. In fact, as i was pillow talkin to your fat mommy last night, i love fatties, she said you're not welcome anymore for stealing her CC to gamble. She's had to get a 2nd mortgage just to pay off all your loses. Suggest the next time your welfare check comes, you enter a weightloss program and join gambers anonymous. Also it would not hurt to pick up that grade 10 math class you failed and tried to get some basic education so you can go work at McDonalds. Loser.

goldendome23
    goldendome23's Avatar Become A Pro!

lol ttfagwarriorhomo, this is like on every sports station, lol "inside info" lol your a clown,

Think you could put a couple more lol's in that sentence.

ttwarrior1

lol you watch hockey

sweep
    USA! USA! USA!
    sweep's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2457

fukkin quarter pounder

Mr Handicapable
    Mr Handicapable's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 174

Reggie Wayne is done in Indy too....how bout Peyton play fakes to Beanie Wells and then looks downfield to Fitzgerald, Wayne, or Doucet! Makes sense to me unless Peyton wants to make war on the Colts and try Tenn or something? The Colts have to cut him on March 8th to save $28 mil so they'll have no say where he ends up.

bb_skoots
    bb_skoots's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 389

thanks for the news tt.

where's the arena football tryout video?

tony_come
    tony_come's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1122

Colts Cleveland, Ohio

sound much like it

poochiecollins
    poochiecollins's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 534

Quote Originally Posted by ThaTopMoron View Post
    fukk off you cockroaches
    Hahaha.
    Quote Originally Posted by NHL Pro Capper View Post
    lol ttfagwarriorhomo, this is like on every sports station, lol "inside info" lol your a clown, your "locks" are garbage, and it's pathetic that you still post. Get a life and wake up...you're a loser, you're fat, you're ugly, and nobody, not even your family likes you. In fact, as i was pillow talkin to your fat mommy last night, i love fatties, she said you're not welcome anymore for stealing her CC to gamble. She's had to get a 2nd mortgage just to pay off all your loses. Suggest the next time your welfare check comes, you enter a weightloss program and join gambers anonymous. Also it would not hurt to pick up that grade 10 math class you failed and tried to get some basic education so you can go work at McDonalds. Loser.
    That mean. Now say your sorry.

GenosPicks
    GenosPicks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 31

gave you love in my takes this week...

Hey Jim, Peyton made countless amazing calls during the games he played for you for 13 seasons, those are all the calls you need to look at to know where he wants to be. The more you talk the more it seems obvious you don’t want to pay him for all he’s done for you. Whether he healthy or not, Peyton’s shown nothing but class in representing your organization, unlike you. At this point I trust Jim Irsay about as far as Peyton Manning can throw him.

DOMINATER
    DOMINATER's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1180

Quote Originally Posted by ThaTopMoron View Post
    fukk off you cockroaches
    LOve it Moron great words

GOIRISH
    GOIRISH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1128

i heard Brett Favre is retiring along with Troy Aikman.

antifoil
    Update your status
    antifoil's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6611

i only trust reports on peyton manning from rob lowe.

4TH AND STUPID
    best NFL capper at SBR
    4TH AND STUPID's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1990

this is really old news man.....

C-Gold
    C-Gold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 843

If manning goes to Houston, Jets, Baltimore they instantly become favorites in the AFC. In opinion he should try and go to one of those teams. Good defenses, o-lines, and plenty of talent on offense to win right now.

ttwarrior1

lol baltimore??? uh yeh, sure thing hoss

C-Gold
    C-Gold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 843

Ozzie Newsome is one of the best GMs in the NFL. Maybe the best. I think he'd drop Flacco in a second to get Manning. There are a lot of people around Baltimore that still remember the Baltimore Colts.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

I think Manning might b damaged goods and afraid to get hit anymore

He might not be effective

Quake
    Quake's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Quote Originally Posted by C-Gold View Post
    If manning goes to Houston, Jets, Baltimore they instantly become favorites in the AFC. In opinion he should try and go to one of those teams. Good defenses, o-lines, and plenty of talent on offense to win right now.
    Would love to see any of those happen.

GenosPicks
    GenosPicks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 31

Garcon too???? Where did you get this info??? i cannot see Peyton not hitting Arizona... they are literally a DECENT QB away from running away with that division... with manning (and possibly Wayne) the sky is the limit... dontcha think?I

talked about it in my podcast this week

Mr Handicapable
    Mr Handicapable's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 174

Look how Warner did with Arizona....but I would be scared of SFs defense & Seattle's too for that matter if I was Peyton. KC has as much (or more) talent as Arizona or Miami plus they're $59 mil under the cap in prob the worst division in the NFL. They could afford PM, Reggie Wayne, and prob Vincent Jackson or Mario Williams too!