pattymayo
    pattymayo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 159

If you didn't have to worry about $ issues...

Say you didn't have to worry about financial issues for the rest of your life... I'm not saying you're a millionaire, but you somehow landed a job that is paying you enough to pay your mortgage, car payments, all your bills/expenses, etc etc with no problems, and you still have enough disposable income to live a comfortable life and not stress about monthly bills, kids college fund, etc.

Would you still gamble?

I'm trying to figure out what drives most degenerates on this site-- if it's actually the dream of living comfortably off gambling money, or if they do it purely for the action/high.

ngates815
    Hooked Nose J
    ngates815's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by pattymayo View Post
    Say you didn't have to worry about financial issues for the rest of your life... I'm not saying you're a millionaire, but you somehow landed a job that is paying you enough to pay your mortgage, car payments, all your bills/expenses, etc etc with no problems, and you still have enough disposable income to live a comfortable life and not stress about monthly bills, kids college fund, etc. Would you still gamble? I'm trying to figure out what drives most degenerates on this site-- if it's actually the dream of living comfortably off gambling money, or if they do it purely for the action/high.

Those are the only people that should be gambling. Sucks enough if you live paycheck to paycheck and then add on top that you're gambling fund, and now you don't know if you'll be paying your mortgage the next month.

Some people don't understand and they'll most likely end up being broke, calling up there friends/family to see if they can crash there for a while...

KingJD31
    KingJD31's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7042

Of course I recently got to 6 figures and will forever gamble dad was a degen and he past the torch

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

its a combo of the pursuit of money and the rush.

Nothing like that rush you get right before the game starts that you have a big wager on.

once the game starts though i get nervous as hell

john230
    john230's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by pattymayo View Post
    Say you didn't have to worry about financial issues for the rest of your life... I'm not saying you're a millionaire, but you somehow landed a job that is paying you enough to pay your mortgage, car payments, all your bills/expenses, etc etc with no problems, and you still have enough disposable income to live a comfortable life and not stress about monthly bills, kids college fund, etc.

Would you still gamble?

I'm trying to figure out what drives most degenerates on this site-- if it's actually the dream of living comfortably off gambling money, or if they do it purely for the action/high.
    Hell yeah I would still gamble. Anyone involved in gambling that wants to make a living out of it better be the House or you are chasing a pipe dream. Do it for action and to have a monetary stake in the game. Also gamble for the challenge of handicapping, especially the horses.
    Last edited by john230; 01-26-12 at 04:18 PM.

Sam Odom
    Sam Odom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

You're either a gambler or not a gambler --- $$$ has nothing to do with it

pattymayo
    pattymayo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 159

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Odom View Post
    You're either a gambler or not a gambler --- $$$ has nothing to do with it
    I like this answer.

bobby heenan
    Update your status
    bobby heenan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 75

millions of millionaires love to gamble

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1830

I would gamble more.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: DemoralizdDreamr