ChalkyDog
    Buy the ticket, take the ride.
    ChalkyDog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Are all Tennis tournaments this...

...bad ass? Or just the major grand slam events?

Do the top players show up and play their asses off for the lesser tourneys, or do they mail it in until these majors?

Just out of curiosity, because I have been having a blast betting these (and watching them with a financial interest), and I'd prefer not to have to wait till May to get more good action on this sport.

John Morrison
    fly eagles fly
    John Morrison's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 85

the elite players tend to step it up in the major's

ive got beat thinking they would just roll in smaller tourneys

they dont take um as serious

be careful playing big odds in tennis

sport is very profitable if u can manage a bankroll with the odds of each match

i had to start betting more totals and spreads , because just laying that amount of juice in most tennis matches will catch up to you

tennis is one of the rare sports where its 1 vs 1 , not depending on a team , each person controls themselves (physically)

ive always had the most fun betting on the australian tournament because of the size and times it runs during late night , nothing else really going , shits fun

benrama
    benrama's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 106

Slams and Masters events are the only ones you can be pretty sure of 100% effort, and even in Masters you have to be careful.

They are truly my favourite times to bet in the year, and - outside of Aussie sports - the only time I ever play heavy chalk parlays.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

The top players play hard in every tourney

If you do not think so you never have watched tennis

benrama
    benrama's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 106

How seriously do you think the top 4 took "The Mubadala World Tennis Championship"? And when it was end of season in 2011 and only Fed seemed to bring his A game.

These guys know which records count and which don't and motivation gets adjusted all the way to the top.

HeeeHAWWWW
    HeeeHAWWWW's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 578

Motivation does adjust, but so do the odds. Markets aren't stupid.

gators0708
    gators0708's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14372

Quote Originally Posted by benrama View Post
    How seriously do you think the top 4 took "The Mubadala World Tennis Championship"? And when it was end of season in 2011 and only Fed seemed to bring his A game.

These guys know which records count and which don't and motivation gets adjusted all the way to the top.
    Mubadala was just an exhibition...

Tsonga
    Tsonga's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 578

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    The top players play hard in every tourney

If you do not think so you never have watched tennis
    If you don't watch much tennis don't trust jjgold for your insider info.

EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

After the US Open is when you have to be careful as far as desire. That's the last Slam and after that, injuries and motivation are question marks for most. Really for the rest of the season, guys are usually going into tournaments wanting to do well, defending points, trying to win titles, etc. You simply have to know situations with players - are they hurt, is the next tournament more important points wise, etc. more so than the Grand Slams where you expect everyone's best effort.

If you enjoy tennis, any tournament is fun to watch IMO.

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears
    thetrinity's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5536

i usually only will watch the majors only, same with golf. cant get into the other events.