Vitooch
    Dayman
    Vitooch's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 159

Hypocrisy From Newt

A few things about the Repub primary and Newt I find so frustratingly ironic.

1) South Carolina is widely considered a "family values" state. They traditionally lean towards voting super conservative, religious, strong "family men". I find these qualities not necessarily representative of a good politician, but this is besides the point. The point is, how can 40% of the voters of South Carolina vote for a man who has married three times, and who also left his cancer-stricken wife for another woman. If South Carolinians are going to place so much emphasis on good ol' conservative, family values, then Newt is your WORST candidate.

2) Newt Gingrich and other super religious types believe that gay marriage infringes on the sanctity of marriage. However, hasn't Newt infringed upon the sanctity of marriage just as severely as any gay couple could with his recent marital behavior?

And for your information, I am not gay. I just hate public display of hypocrisy and ignorance, whatever the situation may entail.

ttwarrior1
    ttwarrior1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9605

because he's been forgiven

Vitooch
    Dayman

What?

pimike
    SPORTS IS MONEY
    pimike's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 90060

Having sex with another women who u end up marrying is not the same as having sex with a man.

Last edited by pimike; 01-25-12 at 01:06 AM. Reason: vvv

Vitooch
    Dayman

I understand the difference between the two. I don't understand your point.

muldoon
    muldoon's Avatar Become A Pro!

Newt admits to have smoking weed...yet in 1997 proposed a bill that would sentence people to the DEATH PENALTY for trafficking amounts over 2 ounces.

http://www.alternet.org/drugs/153414...to_smoking_it/

Vitooch
    Dayman

Quote Originally Posted by muldoon View Post
    newt admits to have smoking weed...yet in 1997 proposed a bill that would sentence people to the death penalty for trafficking amounts over 2 ounces.

the death penalty? Unbelievably vile.

face
    face's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 201

wow, death penalty for 2 oz.? what an asshole

Vitooch
    Dayman

The fact that weed is illegal and cigs and alcohol are legal blows my fukkin mind.

PittsburghPlayer
    PittsburghPlayer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10667

Quote Originally Posted by Vitooch View Post
    The fact that weed is illegal and cigs and alcohol are legal blows my fukkin mind.
    Agree. I recently did some reading on how/why hemp was criminalized. Amazing the lies that were told and still are to date.
    I sometimes think that we should change the name of our country to the "United States of America" and all stand as one when big business and the politicians try to stick it to us!!
    Get it my fellow motherfukkers? We are not united in much of anything besides greed!
    No wonder Forsberg breaks our balls. We do not stand up for what is right anymore, just dollar bills.

terpkeg
    terpkeg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2410

Quote Originally Posted by muldoon View Post
    Newt admits to have smoking weed...yet in 1997 proposed a bill that would sentence people to the DEATH PENALTY for trafficking amounts over 2 ounces.

“See, when I smoked pot it was illegal, but not immoral,” Gingrich reportedly told Wall Street Journal reporter Hilary Stout in 1996. “Now, it is illegal AND immoral. The law didn’t change, only the morality… That’s why you get to go to jail and I don’t.”

What an asshole. Typical of just about every politician with their self serving bullshit. Well, everyone except one.