forsberg21
    forsberg21's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2601

American Tim Thomas: The USA Is Out Of Control

"I believe the Federal government has grown out of control, threatening the Rights, Liberties, and Property of the People.

This is being done at the Executive, Legislative, and Judicial level. This is in direct opposition to the Constitution and the Founding Fathers vision for the Federal government.

Because I believe this, today I exercised my right as a Free Citizen, and did not visit the White House. This was not about politics or party, as in my opinion both parties are responsible for the situation we are in as a country. This was about a choice I had to make as an INDIVIDUAL.

This is the only public statement I will be making on this topic. TT"

- Tim Thomas, American, 2011 NHL Stanley Cup and Conn Smythe Winner, on why he refused to accept his invitation to the White House

Rome isn't burning, the only thing I see left are ashes.
    Points Awarded:

xraygord gave forsberg21 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

FrozenMAN
    2020 Big Ten CHAMPS!
    FrozenMAN's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4112

good for him...**** the idiot in there. he knows NOTHING and tomorrow night he's gonna say the same bullshit to have all the poor people say **** U to all the people with money and bitch about handouts....**** EM!!

ABEHONEST
    Say what? I'll bite your head plum off!
    ABEHONEST's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4175

Looks like a Paul man to me? Uh, just who is this Thomas guy?

Andy117
    Andy117's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 25689

Quote Originally Posted by FrozenMAN View Post
    good for him...**** the idiot in there. he knows NOTHING and tomorrow night he's gonna say the same bullshit to have all the poor people say **** U to all the people with money and bitch about handouts....**** EM!!
    Sounds like an indictment on both parties, the previous occupier of the White House didn't exactly do a great job either.

Emily_Haines
    Emily_Haines's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15296

USA is a police state. Anyone wanting to come and visit must have some serious brain issues. Choosing between a TSA agent feeling up your nut sack or staying home is a easy decision.

Deuce
    Eddie Mush
    Deuce's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3519

Quote Originally Posted by ABEHONEST View Post
    Looks like a Paul man to me? Uh, just who is this Thomas guy?

mathdotcom
    mathdotcom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1943

Guy is a huge drunk but not far off in this regard

Puppy
    2015 -110
    Puppy's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by mathdotcom View Post
    Guy is a huge drunk but not far off in this regard
    i have to agree this guy is amazing. i saw a training video and he had a tight t-shirt on doing some locker room drills, had no muscles in his arms and had a failry big beer belly. hes just so smart and quick he doesnt need to be in shape

Monitor-Tan
    Tony Romo of Daily Fantasy
    Monitor-Tan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 428

As an American, I wouldn't say he's "off". He makes solid points, and atleast he stood up to his beliefs... Good for timmy.

ABEHONEST
    Say what? I'll bite your head plum off!
    ABEHONEST's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4175

Personally, I never liked hockey players opinions on anything if they have any false teeth.

baskets
    Poster of the Month Twice a Month
    baskets's Avatar Become A Pro!

Tim Thomas can't shoot fuckking free throws

MendozaLine
    MendozaLine's Avatar Become A Pro!

Guy is an ass clown. Can't put his politics aside for 5 minutes? Fukin disrespectful piece of shit. Its an honor to be able to visit the white house.

muldoon
    muldoon's Avatar Become A Pro!

Just waiting to hear his comments on how taxpayers shouldn't subsidize millionaire players and billionaire owners and how he wants to disband the union he's a part of.

Any moment now.

Deuce
    Eddie Mush
    Deuce's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3519

Quote Originally Posted by MendozaLine View Post
    Guy is an ass clown. Can't put his politics aside for 5 minutes? Fukin disrespectful piece of shit. Its an honor to be able to visit the white house.

It is voicing ones opinion. Any asshole without a felony can walk right in the white house on a fukkin tour.

betplom
    maniac
    betplom's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by ABEHONEST View Post
    Personally, I never liked hockey players opinions on anything if they have any false teeth.
    Abe you fukkin oyster!

how are ya pal?

Nice to know you haven't taken a dirt nap.

Bcatswin
    Bcats Winning Everywhere
    Bcatswin's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5350

Bruins' Tim Thomas boycotts White House celebration

Just saw this.

President Obama welcomed the Boston Bruins to the White House today, to honor the reigning Stanley Cup champions. But, in hockey terms, the celebration had an empty net.

Bruins goalie Tim Thomas was the only Bruin who didn't attend.

Yahoo's Puck Daddy blog says Thomas is a staunch conservative and that he told Bruins GM Peter Chiarelli months ago he wouldn't go to the White House.

Thomas released a statement later in the day:

"I believe the Federal government has grown out of control, threatening the Rights, Liberties, and Property of the People.
    This is being done at the Executive, Legislative, and Judicial level. This is in direct opposition to the Constitution and the Founding Fathers vision for the Federal government.

Because I believe this, today I exercised my right as a Free Citizen, and did not visit the White House. This was not about politics or party, as in my opinion both parties are responsible for the situation we are in as a country. This was about a choice I had to make as an INDIVIDUAL.

This is the only public statement I will be making on this topic. TT"

Added Chiarelli, per Puck Daddy: "I can require someone to attend a team event. If they don't, I can suspend him. But I'm not going to suspend Tim. Whatever his position is isn't representative of the Boston Bruins or my own. But I'm not going to suspend him."

Video in link of them at White House http://content.usatoday.com/communit...-celebration/1

dredmahawkus
    dredmahawkus's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19

that was yesterdays news!

I am a everyone has their own mind and free speech kinda guy.....but Thomas should have taken one for the team and went there with them.

Bcatswin
    Bcats Winning Everywhere

I no it came out yesterday, just never saw it till now and noticed something on here. I think he should have sucked it up and went.

Plus573
    It's Miller Time
    Plus573's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1887

Thomas is a smart man.

yisman
    yisman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 246162

lol at the idea of suspending someone for not wanting to go to the White House

Bcatswin
    Bcats Winning Everywhere

He did not get the start

BrentCrude
    BrentCrude's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Bravo to Bruins goalie Thomas for telling Obama,no thanks on the invitation.

Finally,a pro sports figure that deserves hero status from your children.I'll bet his Fathead sales surge.He refuses going to the White House with the team to visit Barrie Santoro or whatever his name is and then he makes a statement that government is out of control.Can the Bruins equipment manager find a nut cup big enough to contain Thomas's balls?I don't think so!

And now Cam Neely who is a suit with the team is going balistic on Thomas with a trade threat.Neely was a great player but he's acting like his Sea Bass character in Dumb and dumber on this.And of coure the Barney Frank,Teddy Kennedy and the clan loving fans in Boston are banishing Thomas.So what Libertarian minded city could Thomas be traded to where he's loved and accepted?
    Last edited by BrentCrude; 01-25-12 at 10:06 AM.

YouMama
    Losers Lose
    YouMama's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 191

turned down a visit to the whitehouse to meet the president of the united states ... noone would even think about doing this 50 yrs ago ... look how we have changed, America's headed for the shitter because its citizens are half the people we use to be ... enjoy the ride

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 304

Adam Wainwright and Yadier Molina did not go on the Cardinals visit to Obama.

face
    face's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 201

yadier molina seems cool.

dj_destroyer
    I'm +EV
    dj_destroyer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 383

Quote Originally Posted by YouMama View Post
    turned down a visit to the whitehouse to meet the president of the united states ... noone would even think about doing this 50 yrs ago ... look how we have changed, America's headed for the shitter because its citizens are half the people we use to be ... enjoy the ride
    When I started reading your post, I was sure it was going a different direction.

The fact that a person of fame publicly turned down the visit to the whitehouse and an opportunity to meet the president shows just how much better society is becoming. Society is starting to think freely and not just conform to government authority.

Kudos to Tim Thomas to stand up for what he believes in... Afterall, he should know best since he is the only American on the team.

john230
    john230's Avatar Become A Pro!

Good for him. I wonder if Richard Nixon was in the White house if he would have declined the invite.

Dutchie
    Dutchie's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 165

Why doesn't he want to go? guy is a 1% guy right? benefitting from the tax laws and benefits for big business $ from endorsements? Way to wear that USA on your chest during the olympics!!!!

YouMama
    Losers Lose
    YouMama's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 191

theres such a thing as respect and honor ... i know thats a joke now a days, but it use to be part of society ... even if u dont like the president, you should repect the office and position of the presidency of the united states of america and be honored for a invite to the whitehouse

rsnnh12
    rsnnh12's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 205

Quote Originally Posted by dj_destroyer View Post
    When I started reading your post, I was sure it was going a different direction.

The fact that a person of fame publicly turned down the visit to the whitehouse and an opportunity to meet the president shows just how much better society is becoming. Society is starting to think freely and not just conform to government authority.

Kudos to Tim Thomas to stand up for what he believes in... Afterall, he should know best since he is the only American on the team.
    No love for Steven Kampfer?

dj_destroyer
    I'm +EV
    dj_destroyer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 383

Quote Originally Posted by YouMama View Post
    theres such a thing as respect and honor ... i know thats a joke now a days, but it use to be part of society ... even if u dont like the president, you should repect the office and position of the presidency of the united states of america and be honored for a invite to the whitehouse
    Retarded, absolutely retarded.

If the head of the KKK invites you over for dinner, do you attend out of respect and honor? NO.

And don't say they are different because they are not; they are both organizations that have a following who believe faithfully in them.

If you don't believe in them, you would never accept an invite out of "respect and honor".Tim Thomas doesn't believe in his government so he did not attend, just like I don't attend KKK meetings because I don't agree with racism.

FuzzyDunlop
    Poster of the Month October 2015
    FuzzyDunlop's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 61

I love this bravo response from people that lean towards the right because it couldn't be further from the point he was trying to make...

McBa1n
    Update your status
    McBa1n's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 523

Quote Originally Posted by FuzzyDunlop View Post
    I love this bravo response from people that lean towards the right because it couldn't be further from the point he was trying to make...
    Yeah, he was ripping everyone.
    That includes the right, just fyi.

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1782

Heard a joke on the radio that all three of his kids names start with K...

zandyman
    zandyman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 391

12 Last