Monitor-Tan
    Tony Romo of Daily Fantasy
    Monitor-Tan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 428

Giants vs 49ers.. My Input.. and what I saw...

Alright guys, I thought I'd put in my final input and my thoughts... It may be biased and what not because I am a giants fan so take it for what its worth..

I think this was an incredible game.. I know some of you guys saw me just going on and on about the Giants.. What did surprise me was how well the 49ers played.. I honestly thought it was going to be a blow out, but clearly it was a coinflip match.. I think the real deciding factor was 2 things... As everyone predicted the turnover battle.. But more importantly as I thought, the experience.. We know how Williams really messed it up for the 49ers but I think at the end, it was the inexerience of Williams and the 49ers that gave the game to the giants.. There were MANY times where Williams should have ran, but called a fair catch, and vice versa.. Also on that turnover, when it glanced off his foot, you can clearly see that he was runnign towards the ball, but tried to pull out of the way at the last second.. Inexperience... the inability to make a prompt experience, veteran like decision...

There seems to be a lot of sour 49ers fan here on the board, and rightfully so.. But I don't think a lot of these 49ers fan see what their team did.. The 49ers gave their fans a BRIGHT future.. Anyone who says Smith is better then Eli, is retarded and I really mean that.. I've said it many times Eli is no stud. He never has or ever will have the talent like Brady,Brees,Peyton and Rodgers, but he has the ability to manage and find ways to win games.. Eli understood one thing coming into this game and no one seems to really mention..

We know Eli didn't have a game winnign drive or didn't do much in the 4th quarter, but he knew one thing going into this game. The most important stat for the giants to win is for Eli to put a ZERO, and that zero is 0 INT! That was the most important thing, as he didn't put a great 4th quarter, he accomplished his game plan and that is not to turn the ball over..

The reason why I mention this is because, I saw A LOT in alex smith that I saw in Eli, he's a game manager. He makes good decision and he plays for every yard. And clearly he's a winner and he wants to win.. He's also one of the VERY FEW who stays calm and smiles under bad situations..

I think the 49ers should just see this a, paying your dues and look forward to the next season as, next season 49ers are the team to watch out for.. Another year under their belt, and a heart breaking loss in the NFL championship..

A lot of people act like this was their one shot to go to the superbowl, and since they lost like that, it's like the end of the world, and people bitch like there's no tomorrow..

How about stop bitching and crying, and look forward to the next season since there's so much to look forward too..

If Eli won the Superbowl, with more experience and practice, 49ers can win one too..
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: 8ArIvd5

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1710

The only reason Eli had 0 int's is his passes were so bad that two Niners had a clear shot at them and ran into each other more than once.

Seriously.

Eli had that stupid face like against the Redskins all year, send Kyle a thank you card.

Now you maybe think I'm a bitter Niners fan but financially the Giants win more than makes up for it.

CWD
    Update your status
    CWD's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 190

giants went up against a terrible offense and eeked it out. 49ers completed one pass to a WR, everything went to TE. That was the same team that was swept by the Redskins. I think this sets up for them to be trounced.

beerman2619
    beerman2619's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 459

You have got to be kidding me about Eli. The only reason he didn't throw 2 int's was because of the hits the 49ers put on each other knocking the ball out.

warriorfan707
    SBR Poster of the Milennium
    warriorfan707's Avatar Become A Pro!

Cant wait for next year.

SteveRyan
    SteveRyan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2995

I don't know what game this guy was watching, but I thought it sucked from beginning to end.

Ninersnut
    Money talks and bullshit runs marathons
    Ninersnut's Avatar Become A Pro!

These things happen when you lose the turnover battle. Niners lived on it all year. Giants played good D or good enough D.

YouMama
    Losers Lose
    YouMama's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 191

i watched it thinking, that whoever plays the pats next, is gonna get blown the F out

HedBustah1
    HedBustah1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

Lol I'm saying, did the giants defense not force 5 consecutive 3 and outs to end the game? Do you people watch the game? Of course it was tough for the giants to move the ball, they were going against the best defense in football, these teams were evenly matched and it came down to the 3rd phase, the one everyone forgets about, special teams. Being a giants fan, I would NEVER ever think that our special teams would be the deciding factor in a WIN.

As for the giants having no shot in the ship, you are crazy, the difference in the level of defense is astronomical between SF and NE, it should be a great game and is definitely gonna be a coin flip. My advice is this, if ur taking the giants just go money line, if they lose they will not cover.

Mr Handicapable
    Mr Handicapable's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 174

Quote Originally Posted by YouMama View Post
    i watched it thinking, that whoever plays the pats next, is gonna get blown the F out
    I keep reading this same stupid $hit over and over? How were the Pats (at home) more impressive then NY? Flacco lit them up after Cameron finally let him throw the ball downfield. The Giants already beat them WITHOUT Nicks or Bradshaw. I'm sure Brady will be ready to go but NY is putting up atleast 31 imo.

millflavor
    millflavor's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5255

Quote Originally Posted by SteveRyan View Post
    I don't know what game this guy was watching, but I thought it sucked from beginning to end.
    nothing wrong with a defensive orientated field position throw back game... it was nice change of pace from this offensive era we're in

Nittany Lion
    Nittany Lion's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 675

Eli very lucky the 49ers ran into each other and couldn't intercept those bad passes, but 49ers were pretty bad on 3rd down and only 1 pass to a WR....lol. Hard to believe the Giants are going to the Superbowl after the kind of regular season they had, but that is the NFL I guess.

8ArIvd5
    8ArIvd5's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1044

Eli didn't play as good as you think. Got lucky a few times. 49ers do have a great future.

FlaxMartin
    FlaxMartin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5146

It doesn´t matter if Eli wins 12 superbowls in a row, people will ALWAYS hate him at this forum

FourLengthsClear
    King of the Idiots
    FourLengthsClear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 508

The better team failed to win on Sunday. It happens.

warriorfan707
    SBR Poster of the Milennium
    warriorfan707's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by FourLengthsClear View Post
    The better team failed to win on Sunday. It happens.

GamblerSpirit
    TheCentaur, Spankie gone fishing :(
    GamblerSpirit's Avatar Become A Pro!

Giants going to the Superbowl. The better team going HOME! LMAO.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: HedBustah1