big joe 1212
    big joe 1212's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5365

Tired of hearing about revenge being a factor in the super bowl

Are these people retarded?

Are the Patriots going to try any harder because it's the Giants their playing? I mean come on!!!! They should be giving everything they got anyways!

ITS THE FUKKIN SUPERBOWL !!!!!! Not a pre-season game !!!

I wouldn't think any extra motivation is needed here.

Sam Odom
    Sam Odom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

same was said about the BCS championship game

ChalkyDog
    Buy the ticket, take the ride.
    ChalkyDog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Trying extra hard to win - sure.

Trying extra hard to humiliate the giants - you better fukkin believe it with these two.

Dark Horse
    Deus Ex Machina
    Dark Horse's Avatar Become A Pro!

Ask Brady & Bellichick what was the most crushing defeat in their career. The one game that makes them wake up screaming at night. Revenge won't factor in? lol

I like the Giants, but could I really imagine little brother Manning beating Brady twice in the Superbowl?

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Only factor is turnovers

john230
    john230's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Only factor is turnovers

Good point. Don't see how you can make a real strong case for either side. Probably comes down to Turnovers.

Holtgetsback
    Holtgetsback's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1402

IF revenge does play a factor, if anything it will hurt the Pats. When you start pressing and forcing the issue is when you make mistakes. Both teams will play their normal game.

Revenge factor is nonsense. Whoever wins will do so because they make fewer mistakes.

"More games are lost than won."

Sportsbetting123
    Sportsbetting123's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7617

If revenge is a factor, then the Giants will win.

tony_come
    tony_come's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1122

Revenge is a big factor

str
    Nothing's easy
    str's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 68533

Human nature dictates that # 2 will try harder when competing against # 1.

Not so much in the game or on certain plays but for the overall preparation, mindset and determination to overcome the past.

It's not being more "up" for the game, it is the entire approach and the urgency starts the minute you find out that the Giants are the opponent.

The Giants look at it like, O.K. we beat them before , we can beat them again.

This is not who I like or not, it is pointing out how competition works.

And believe me guys, it most certainly does exist.
    Last edited by str; 01-24-12 at 07:43 AM.

The Inevitable
    The Inevitable's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3256

Quote Originally Posted by big joe 1212 View Post
    ....Are the Patriots going to try any harder because it's the Giants their playing? I mean come on!!!! They should be giving everything they got anyways!....
    Do teams play harder at home? That question should help you understand what you're missing.

Dark Horse
    Deus Ex Machina
    Dark Horse's Avatar Become A Pro!

It's not so much about the game, which will be intense anyway, as about the preparation. The Patriots culture is zero nonsense. In this case I could imagine their preparation as sub-zero nonsense.

The Giants are the battle tested and road tested team. But even though they are the dog, in this case they are the team with the target on their back. This is eerily similar to Dallas and Miami in the NBA finals.

Mr Handicapable
    Mr Handicapable's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 174

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Horse View Post
    Ask Brady & Bellichick what was the most crushing defeat in their career. The one game that makes them wake up screaming at night. Revenge won't factor in? lol

I like the Giants, but could I really imagine little brother Manning beating Brady twice in the Superbowl?

Then they should've won and went 19-0! They don't have Randy Moss in his prime for this one. Brady will go off but they can't stretch the field with their slow WRs and it will cost them at some point. The Gmen have a much much better pash rush too with Andre Carter out.

If revenge works so well then why did Peyton Manning beat Baltimore about 8-9 times in a row....we crushed their dreams in the playoffs more than once and stole the Colts from them to boot! SD/Phyllis Rivers talked $hit to Colts fans in Indy nonstop and we still lost to them every year. Some teams just don't match up well....matchups big....revenge tiny!

Dutchie
    Dutchie's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 165

on gameday they will give their 100% for sure no matter what, its the super bowl. The question for me is: "does the revenge factor help the Pats FOCUS a bit more in the two weeks leading up to this? Its a tough time to Focus amid the SB hoopla, so maybe that helps. How many players on the Pats current roster were on the team that lost to the Giants in the Super Bowl? How many Giants and Pats on the current rosters have NEVER won a super bowl? that is another big motivator. Getting that first ring

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Handicapable View Post
    Then they should've won and went 19-0! They don't have Randy Moss in his prime for this one. Brady will go off but they can't stretch the field with their slow WRs and it will cost them at some point. The Gmen have a much much better pash rush too with Andre Carter out. If revenge works so well then why did Peyton Manning beat Baltimore about 8-9 times in a row....we crushed their dreams in the playoffs more than once and stole the Colts from them to boot! SD/Phyllis Rivers talked $hit to Colts fans in Indy nonstop and we still lost to them every year. Some teams just don't match up well....matchups big....revenge tiny!
    Bro randy Moss is the reason the New England lost the superbowl. Their team is much better this year than they were with Moss. Having those 2 tight ends are way bigger weapons than Moss who basically folded up shop in the superbowl. He was a scrub.

Brady will cement himself as the greatest ever. Brady has the Killer instinct. I trust him and Bill with my thousands.

Madison
    Madison's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13569

NE has only 7 players active who played in 2007.

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears
    thetrinity's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5536

Quote Originally Posted by Goat Milk View Post
    Bro randy Moss is the reason the New England lost the superbowl. Their team is much better this year than they were with Moss. Having those 2 tight ends are way bigger weapons than Moss who basically folded up shop in the superbowl. He was a scrub. Brady will cement himself as the greatest ever. Brady has the Killer instinct. I trust him and Bill with my thousands.
    im sure the new england backers r happy to see this.

Mr Handicapable
    Mr Handicapable's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 174

Quote Originally Posted by Goat Milk View Post
    Bro randy Moss is the reason the New England lost the superbowl. Their team is much better this year than they were with Moss. Having those 2 tight ends are way bigger weapons than Moss who basically folded up shop in the superbowl. He was a scrub.

Brady will cement himself as the greatest ever. Brady has the Killer instinct. I trust him and Bill with my thousands.

That team was 18-0 and beating everyone by double digits with a defense 100x better than this Pats version. You're ridiculous....NEXT???

Full Time Hobo
    In a Box
    Full Time Hobo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3676

All media. Just something else to report about.
    ESPN is getting slower and slower as the season winds down.
    Hell on Sunday I watched them do some fukkin excerpt going around NE finding people named Tom Brady....

Filmoz
    Filmoz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 793

Quote Originally Posted by Dutchie View Post
    on gameday they will give their 100% for sure no matter what, its the super bowl. The question for me is: "does the revenge factor help the Pats FOCUS a bit more in the two weeks leading up to this? Its a tough time to Focus amid the SB hoopla, so maybe that helps. How many players on the Pats current roster were on the team that lost to the Giants in the Super Bowl? How many Giants and Pats on the current rosters have NEVER won a super bowl? that is another big motivator. Getting that first ring
    THIS. Obviously a team playing in the super bowl is gonna give it their all. But that's not what this is about. It's not whether the Pats will be more "motivated" because of the revenge factor. It's whether the revenge factor will make it that much more likely that the Pats are "in the zone" on game day. Every team and every player has a certain likelihood of ending up somewhere on the spectrum between having an off-day and having a great day. And if there is anybody who can channel the revenge factor to increase their likelihood of having a great day, it's Brady/Belichick. You know it when you see it: just a little extra mustard on each pass, receivers getting a half step on defenders, coach calling brilliant plays at just the right time.

big joe 1212
    big joe 1212's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5365

no revenge i guess