wantitall4moi
    wantitall4moi's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3834

Ahhh I love it. Its not nan over reaction to a loss it is looking at them falling back to where they belong, around a 500 team. Lakers started out very well for them, they got a couple fortunate wins. Dallas for sure, @ Utah was another, they had a bad beat by Chicago but that lead slipping away at home in the first game of the year should have showed you guys right then and there in the very first game they werent all there. Win at home versus Denver very 'fortunate' also. So all things considered they could have a worse rescord than they already do.

As for not knowing anything about basketball. I forgot more about it than you will ever know. Lakers are slow and dont have a point guard, thats all you need to know. They also lost a 7 footer that helped clean up kobe's messes. Thats 3 major things that are wrong with team. The only 'good' thing you can say is they play defense fairly well. But with the length they have that is a given. But giving up 95-98 points a game doesnt help when you cant score that many yourself. I dont think Lakers have broken a hundred yet this year, maybe one game.

If Lakers by some miracle get Howard how much is he going to want to come here? 25 million a year? I think maybe moe. But even if it is 'only' 25 mil, thats 55 million sunk into two players. Then next year it will be closer to 60. What kind of quality guy are you going to get to play point for short money like that?

So another problem with the Lakers is lack of money (despite the TV deal they made), and lack of actual talent. Kobe, Bynum, Gasol, thats it in terms of talent. Kobe is broken down with maybe 3 or 4 years left (thats the positive actually), and the only trade bait they have are the two guys people are looking to give up for someone. Lakers got done to them what they have been doing to the league for years, they lost a legit guy (lamar Odom) and got nothing in return, except Dallas first rounder. Which might be better than they originally thought but not super.

Lakers could be in the cat bird seat if they finish 10th or 11th and Dallas limps in with the 8 seed. That means theyll have a couple high first round draft picks and the ability to rebuild from within and not trading anyone, rather than trading away what little you have now for a guy in a position that you dont really need. Lakers DO NOT NEED A CENTER, therefore they dont need Dwight Howard. I said it before getting him probably makes them worse than they are now. Especially if they trade BOTH Gasol and Bynum. So maybe that is the method. Get Howard, still get the lottery pick, have Dallas pick and move forward.

Lakers NEEDED Chris Paul, a hell of a lot more than they need Dwight Howard. That is why that deal not going through was the coup de gras for this season, and maybe even the future unless they do get some massive first round talent that develops into stars.

Sooner or later every 'dynasty' has to collapse so it can rebuild. The Lakers havent been rebuilding just reloading, now it has caught up to them in a big way. Even the newer guys they have signed are all north of 30. Barnes, Kopono, Murphy, Blake. All stiffs and all old not two words you want to hear about guys you bring in to help you out.

Lakers will continue to falter and stumble, then in April they will be mercifully put out of their misery. If they (like I predict) go on a massive losing stretch here, best thing would be for Kobe to shut it down get his wrist worked on and play these young guys hard minutes to try and see if theyre worth anything. Best case scenario for the lakers is a few teams get some injuries the Lakers sneak into a 8 seed and get bounced out in round one.

Reedeman
    Reedeman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 495

remember how the lakers exited the playoffs last year? It was an embarassment. And now they gave away odom... I predict they're done for the next few seasons... would probably be worth giving up kobe and cultivating some new talent. Nothing lasts forever

LOL
    LOL's Avatar Become A Pro!

Gasol is playing the worst basketball of his career isnt he?
    Get Love and a quick PG and there you go

William Walters
    William Walters's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 233

Quote Originally Posted by upscope View Post
    A whole .5 games out of 4th & 1 game out of 3rd......lol

How come everytime the Lakers win it's because of a "miracle" but when they lose it's "I told you so. I told you the sukk?"

William Walters

Quote Originally Posted by d2bets View Post
    Outside of Kobe, Bynum and Gasol, they are completely putrid.
    Even as a diehard Lakers fan........I can't argue much with this statement. With that being said.......those three can and will get this team straightened out.

dlunc3
    dlunc3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1076

Hate all you want... They win the west with lebron instead of kobe

dlunc3

Quote Originally Posted by LOL View Post
    Gasol is playing the worst basketball of his career isnt he?
    Get Love and a quick PG and there you go
    Get love? Lol while you are at it, why not get rose, dwight, durrant and even bring Jordan back from retirement?

upscope
    upscope's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6685

Quote Originally Posted by dlunc3 View Post
    Get love? Lol while you are at it, why not get rose, dwight, durrant and even bring Jordan back from retirement?
    You sound a Heat fan now.....oh that's right you are. Bandwagon that is. Two yrs ago you couldn't name 3 players on the Heat roster now you're on your knees praying they win it all.
    Last edited by upscope; 01-23-12 at 12:47 PM.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Yhe NBA just seems real balanced now

Are there any great teams???

Mayne Bulls if 100% healthy

William Walters

You sound a Heat fan now.....oh that's right you are. Bandwagon that is. Two yrs ago you couldn't name 3 players on the Heat roster now you're on your knees praying they win it all.

How does one love the Philly Eagles in pro football and the Miami Heat in pro basketball?

wantitall4moi

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Yhe NBA just seems real balanced now

Are there any great teams???

Mayne Bulls if 100% healthy
    I wouldnt say theyre great, they had a lot of draft picks. Bulls are basically what the Clippers should have seen at some point the past 20 years. Clippers this year are basically the Lakers of old, one good draft pick up and a bunch of free agent signings. Although they still have some of their draft picks around. Jordan obviously, and Gordon who hasnt even played yet. If he is any good at all Clippers are going to be really good.

Lakers are a half game out of 5th and a half game out of 11th. Right now they are technically tied for 8th but still percentage points behind Port and Hou so theyre actually in 10th. Go read what I wrote about the west originally. I said it was going to be very tight and Lakers probably finish off the bubble, which is exactly where they are now.

They are going to end up behind, OKC, Clippers, and San Antonio obviously as those teams will win their conferences more than likely. Then you have Denver and Dallas as the next best two. That is assuming Utah falters which I am not so sure about now. But I think they do come back a little bit. I think Portland pulls away from them, Houston stays right around where they are with them, Minn will get better and might also pass them. Memphis and Utah I think stumble some what and end up down with LA fighting it out for 7th and 8th seeds. But I just think the last month of the season absolutely kills the Lakers I think they can finish anywhere from 8th to 12th. Only way they finish 8th is by backing in, if everything holds steady theyll finish around 10 or 11. As I think Minn passes them and maybe Houston drops below them. Golden St is another wild card they ave potential to pass them as well.

As far as making trades go, they would really have to get a lot for nothing or get exactly the right pieces they need to still become good enough to finish better than 7th. Which is still a first round exit.

There is a reason gasol is having a bad year. I said that as well. Bynum could still be a force but he has show to be less than dominant down low even when he 'should' be. But I think they should really be feeding him and letting him get better rather than flounder around like they are now. Barnes and Fisher shouldnt take a single shot if you ask me. They should really put Artest in the starting line anyway. But they wont as they figure he has an impact with that second team and without him that rotation would have zero scoring options.

If the Lakers had picked up Nate Robinson that would have been a big improvement. The factthat they needed a guard and he sat there until 2 or 3 weeks into the season before GS got him shows how smart the Lakers front office is. They could have got him for like 800K or whatever the vet salary is.

Bottom line is lakers are lucky they play in the conference they do, they get to beat up on a couple of the worst cupcakes in the league with Pho and Sactown. If they had a tough conf schedule like the other teas have they would really be in trouble.

upscope

Quote Originally Posted by wantitall4moi View Post
    Ahhh I love it. Its not nan over reaction to a loss it is looking at them falling back to where they belong, around a 500 team. Lakers started out very well for them, they got a couple fortunate wins. Dallas for sure, @ Utah was another, they had a bad beat by Chicago but that lead slipping away at home in the first game of the year should have showed you guys right then and there in the very first game they werent all there. Win at home versus Denver very 'fortunate' also. So all things considered they could have a worse rescord than they already do.

As for not knowing anything about basketball. I forgot more about it than you will ever know. Lakers are slow and dont have a point guard, thats all you need to know. They also lost a 7 footer that helped clean up kobe's messes. Thats 3 major things that are wrong with team. The only 'good' thing you can say is they play defense fairly well. But with the length they have that is a given. But giving up 95-98 points a game doesnt help when you cant score that many yourself. I dont think Lakers have broken a hundred yet this year, maybe one game.

If Lakers by some miracle get Howard how much is he going to want to come here? 25 million a year? I think maybe moe. But even if it is 'only' 25 mil, thats 55 million sunk into two players. Then next year it will be closer to 60. What kind of quality guy are you going to get to play point for short money like that?

So another problem with the Lakers is lack of money (despite the TV deal they made), and lack of actual talent. Kobe, Bynum, Gasol, thats it in terms of talent. Kobe is broken down with maybe 3 or 4 years left (thats the positive actually), and the only trade bait they have are the two guys people are looking to give up for someone. Lakers got done to them what they have been doing to the league for years, they lost a legit guy (lamar Odom) and got nothing in return, except Dallas first rounder. Which might be better than they originally thought but not super.

Lakers could be in the cat bird seat if they finish 10th or 11th and Dallas limps in with the 8 seed. That means theyll have a couple high first round draft picks and the ability to rebuild from within and not trading anyone, rather than trading away what little you have now for a guy in a position that you dont really need. Lakers DO NOT NEED A CENTER, therefore they dont need Dwight Howard. I said it before getting him probably makes them worse than they are now. Especially if they trade BOTH Gasol and Bynum. So maybe that is the method. Get Howard, still get the lottery pick, have Dallas pick and move forward.

Lakers NEEDED Chris Paul, a hell of a lot more than they need Dwight Howard. That is why that deal not going through was the coup de gras for this season, and maybe even the future unless they do get some massive first round talent that develops into stars.

Sooner or later every 'dynasty' has to collapse so it can rebuild. The Lakers havent been rebuilding just reloading, now it has caught up to them in a big way. Even the newer guys they have signed are all north of 30. Barnes, Kopono, Murphy, Blake. All stiffs and all old not two words you want to hear about guys you bring in to help you out.

Lakers will continue to falter and stumble, then in April they will be mercifully put out of their misery. If they (like I predict) go on a massive losing stretch here, best thing would be for Kobe to shut it down get his wrist worked on and play these young guys hard minutes to try and see if theyre worth anything. Best case scenario for the lakers is a few teams get some injuries the Lakers sneak into a 8 seed and get bounced out in round one.
    Don't know why I just quoted this drivel & wasted more space in this thread.....sorry to the logical posters. But as usual another post that shows just how clueless to the game of basketball you really are!!

Which exact 7-footer are you talking about?? The only person you could possibly be talking about is L. Odom?? Problem is he's not 7-foot, he's 6-10. Trolls such as yourself that claim to have forgotten more than others will ever know should actually know something like this wouldn't you say??

Another stupid comment you made was paying Howard 25m per to come to LA. If you had a clue how it worked instead of being nothing more than a troll you would understand that it's not an open market?? There is a max salary a performance based 7 yr vet like Howard can make & that is $17,413,200. He couldn't take 25m even if offered.

Yet another stupid coment was sinking 55m into two players. Since Kobe own's Bird Rights (which you've probably never even heard of), so the Lakers are only on the hook salary cap wise for $14m. So they would actually have 31m "sunk" into Howard & Kobe not the 55m you claimed. Maybe the quality money for a point guard you referred to would come from the 24m you were off on those two salaries?? Wonder if that's "short" enough money to entice anybody??
    But probably, the dumbest thing you said was how the Lakers have no money They have a minority owner worth 7 billion. That's the 2nd richest owner in the NBA & he's only a minority owner!!! That's not even including the TV contract just signed this past season that just happens to be the largest local TV contract.....EVER!!

It's perfectly fine to be a hater. But, if you want to be a credible hater you @ least need to be somewhat accurate. Your hated loaded novels are fair game, we get it you are jealous of & hate Kobe & the Lakers. But please don't tell others you forgot more about the game than they will ever know when each rant continues to be littered w/ clueless comments. Like for ex. when you predicted Howard would be a Clipper for "not too huge contract." Anybody w/ a clue understands Howard isn't playing for less than a max contract.

upscope

Although they still have some of their draft picks around. Jordan obviously, and Gordon who hasnt even played yet. If he is any good at all Clippers are going to be really good
    Another brilliant comment that proves how clueless you are. Gordon was traded for Paul.

evicktd
    PLAYOFFS!
    evicktd's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 676

see you in about a month

dlunc3

Im a heat fan? where did you pull that from? I was routing for the sixers to beat their ass on Saturday as I did in the playoffs last yr.. I am.not a fan of any team nor player in the NBA unless.they do or have played.in philly.in the past... This includes lebron. I am not a fan of his. Him winning anything does nothing for me. I am just the type of person that likes to see greatness. I enjoy watching peyton manning play football, enjoyed watching barry sanders run the ball, just as i enjoy watching lebron play. I am not the type to cheer for underdogs. I want to see great players succeed bc they deserve it, as there is a reason they are great. I have not seen a freak basketball plauer like lebron since Jordan. He was the beat ever in my mind... But with that said, weather its lebron or dwight or durrcant. Ect.. if they have the ability to bw great, I want to aee that greatness showcased. I personally don't give a damn if the miani heat franchise ever wins another game.
    Points Awarded:

upscope gave dlunc3 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

upscope

Bottom line is lakers are lucky they play in the conference they do, they get to beat up on a couple of the worst cupcakes in the league with Pho and Sactown. If they had a tough conf schedule like the other teas have they would really be in trouble.
    Yep, real lucky!! You truly are one of the more clueless posters on this forum!!

The Lakers play that "cupcake" Sac team a total of (3) times this season. That's the same amount of times they play "cupcakes" Hou, Por, Mem, OKC, LAC & SA.....ALL teams you have finishing ahead of the Lakers

They play the "cupcake" Pho team a total of (4) times. That's the same amount of times they play "cupcakes" Dal, Den, Uta, GS & Min.....ALL teams you have finishing ahead of the Lakers.

Each post you make exposes you for being just as clueless as the last. Seriously, go play in traffic!!

William Walters

wanti........hang it up pal. You've been officially retired in this thread.

jbhomerun
    jbhomerun's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 150

done with the lake show for awhile

bleek88
    The picture of me on SBR is FAKE NOT ME
    bleek88's Avatar Become A Pro!

what?!? we have derek fisher. the AllStar

riffraff24
    ...and out come the wolves
    riffraff24's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 55

Lakers are terrible right now. But where was this thread the countless times the Lakers raised a banner and likely humiliated YOUR team?

wantitall4moi

Desperation setting in as the laker fans start realizing how horrible their team is. Looking for anything to latch on to as to why theyre good.

If I wait to check back in in a month the Lakers will be 14-18 and all the fun will be out of watching them free fall.

Put it this way unless half the contenders lose two or three guys Lakers will have to be 5 games over .500 just to be .500 at the end of the year. So theyll have to be 29-23 just to finish the year .500. Possible I suppose but highly unlikely. When theyre sitting at 11-11 at the end of this month with 3 road games that will more thanlikely be losses I wonder what excuses you guys will have when theyre 11-14 and going into Bos and NY on back to back nights.

William Walters

wantitall..........this is a sports/gambling forum. It's no place for kiddies. Get back to taking really awesome screen shots of StarCraft II and posting them in your super cool gaming forum pal.

http://s225.photobucket.com/albums/dd252/wantitall4moi/

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21593

Lakers management got lazy and stupid. The team they've assembled around Kobe is a joke. By the time they get the talent around him, he'll be washed up. If I was him, I'd demand a trade.

iQon
    iQon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 123

Where are all the Lakers fanbois? Stretching bed sheets somewhere?

10-8 and in a free fall. Tied for 10th with Houston and Portland.

Best thing you can say for them is they only have 1 game in the next 5 days. Too bad that is against the Clippers. Then they have back to back road games. They might possibly steal one in Mil since that is a back end of a back to back with Chi the night before. But Min looking more and more like a loss to me.

So as I said 2-5 in that stretch looks like it will be a lot of work, 1-6 looks most likely as the only win they can count on is at home to Charlotte.

But as it is the Lakers are right about where I said they would be, I figured they would lose those games, as I have posted here more than a few times.

But since everyone loves to post a thread like this off a miracle win by the Lakers I figured turn about would be fair play after they lose a game at home. To a decent team, but still if Lakers are as good as people think they cant be losing home games to these types of teams. If not fora miracle 3 by Fishers lakers would be on a 5 games losing streak, as it is theyre still 1-4 and have looked like absolute ass. Which isnt a surprise to anyone that has a clue.
    Doris Burke here, care to comment on this lapse of premature ejaculation?

.....he's still talking out of his ass, Mike, back to you.

William Walters

wanitall = dumbass

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Wanty if you had any balls you would be bet against Lakers
    So your not really confident about your statement

First 12