Deuce's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3519

No

Not even close. Not even top 3.

1. Rogers
    2. Brees
    3. Brady
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 2 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: ericthegangster, and beerman2619

jpowderly
    I have alzheimer's disease
    jpowderly's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

He did not even close the deal. It took a turn over for them to win.

MendozaLine
    MendozaLine's Avatar Become A Pro!

I give Eli a lot of credit. He is a very clutch QB, and New York is without a doubt the toughest city to play.

But I would still rather have Brady, Rodgers, or his older brother leading my team with the game tied and 2 minutes to go.

He played alright today. He didn't drive down the field and lead his team to a TD at any point in the 4th quarter today. The Giants special teams were the clutch performers today.

ZetaPsi808
    July 2011 Poster of the Month
    ZetaPsi808's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1982

Quote Originally Posted by Ace_of_Spades View Post
    His brother is better.
    peyton will never be the same again.

do you guys forget when eli threw the game winning TD in foxboro with 20 seconds left to break the patriots 25 game home winning streak?

b/c i didnt.

High3rEl3m3nt
    SBR's 7 figure Contractor
    High3rEl3m3nt's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4134

Quote Originally Posted by ZetaPsi808 View Post

do you guys forget when eli threw the game winning TD in foxboro with 20 seconds left to break the patriots 25 game home winning streak?

b/c i didnt.
    I remember that drive too...remember how pathetic the patriots' secondary was...wasn't there three pitiful flags that basically gave the Giants the game? Don't get me wrong, I think Eli has been underrated, but that game was not indicative of his being clutch...more of a testimony to how bad the pats were.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

Brady is more clutch

beerman2619
    beerman2619's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 459

Quote Originally Posted by High3rEl3m3nt View Post
    I remember that drive too...remember how pathetic the patriots' secondary was...wasn't there three pitiful flags that basically gave the Giants the game? Don't get me wrong, I think Eli has been underrated, but that game was not indicative of his being clutch...more of a testimony to how bad the pats were.

ZetaPsi808

in addition to the patriots game, go check eli manning's postseason statistics this year so far.

8 TD 1 INT. they also beat 3 very good teams in ATL, GB, SF.

guy is a stud

RoadFavorites$$$
    RoadFavorites$$$'s Avatar Become A Pro!

you cannot deny it.

dont hate on him b/c you know its true

The Giants made me some nice cash tonight... but how can you say this? Eli had about 10 chances to end that game in the 4th quarter and then OT and he never did it. The only reason it ended is b/c the Giants got handed the ball in the red zone and then they ran it in even closer.

Eli may be very clutch, but based on this game, you wouldn't think so. Him and Alex Smith were both abysmal in the 4th quarter/OT

ZetaPsi808

Quote Originally Posted by RoadFavorites$$$ View Post
    The Giants made me some nice cash tonight... but how can you say this? Eli had about 10 chances to end that game in the 4th quarter and then OT and he never did it. The only reason it ended is b/c the Giants got handed the ball in the red zone and then they ran it in even closer.

Eli may be very clutch, but based on this game, you wouldn't think so. Him and Alex Smith were both abysmal in the 4th quarter/OT
    you underestimate how good that 49ers defense is playing at home. they are elite, top 5 in points allowed on the season

RoadFavorites$$$

you underestimate how good that 49ers defense is playing at home. they are elite, top 5 in points allowed on the season
    I'm just calling it how I see it. Eli took 2-3 sacks tonight when he had great protection, all day to throw. Now, I can't see his angle, everyone was probably covered, but he still has to throw it away. A couple of his sacks taken were drive killers and they were potentially the last time he would even see the ball if the 49ers were able to do anything.

Glad they pulled it out, but Eli wasn't that good tonight.

face
    face's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 201

swept by redskins, pounded on by seahawks. amazing. what a genius. he's a prodigy.

Jonah
    Jonah's Avatar Become A Pro!

Love the guy...

Guy had so many opportunities to have that "great drive" in the 4th and OT and be clutch, but he didn't do it... He had a lot of bad drives there. I do believe if they don't get that first Williams fumble, Eli would have figured out a way to get him in the endzone because I do believe he is clutch.

History will be kind to him because of the fumbles and that is fine for him, but others don't get so lucky. His brother is one..Sometimes a QB, due to their terrible defense will only have a very limited number of drives in a given half or quarter...One bad drive that fizzles out and then watching from the sidelines while that other team chews clock...

and then sports center replays, breaks-down and analyzes your couple of bad throws that you couldn't redeem because you weren't so lucky...

Just funny, that's all.

RoadFavorites$$$

Quote Originally Posted by Jonah View Post
    Love the guy...

Guy had so many opportunities to have that "great drive" in the 4th and OT and be clutch, but he didn't do it... He had a lot of bad drives there. I do believe if they don't get that first Williams fumble, Eli would have figured out a way to get him in the endzone because I do believe he is clutch.

History will be kind to him because of the fumbles and that is fine for him, but others don't get so lucky. His brother is one..Sometimes a QB, due to their terrible defense will only have a very limited number of drives in a given half or quarter...One bad drive that fizzles out and then watching from the sidelines while that other team chews clock...

and then sports center replays, breaks-down and analyzes your couple of bad throws that you couldn't redeem because you weren't so lucky...

Just funny, that's all.
    That is kind of my point. If Giants are playing anyone but Alex Smith tonight, Eli is probably on the losing side and there is talk about why he couldn't get a drive going in the 4th to win it with all of the chances.

face
    face's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 201

last year he sucked. fumbled all year and threw picks.

Jonah
    Jonah's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by RoadFavorites$$$ View Post
    That is kind of my point. If Giants are playing anyone but Alex Smith tonight, Eli is probably on the losing side and there is talk about why he couldn't get a drive going in the 4th to win it with all of the chances.
    Ya, I agree. They were getting that ball right back because of Alex Smith...It's like Kobe who misses a ton of big shots in the fourth and costs the team all over the place and then finally buries one at the end and that is all they harp on.

rsnnh12
    rsnnh12's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 205

b/c i didnt.
    It was a God awful throw that led to the PI call at the end. The receiver didn't know where the ball was going, which threw off the defender who had decent coverage. Pure shit luck for Eli.

Yes, he is a good QB, and pretty clutch, but you can't give him credit for that ridiculous play

Grits n' Gravy
    Bigdaddyqh diddles kids
    Grits n' Gravy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41120

b/c i didnt.
    You should be able to remember the entire encyclopedia considering the size of your friggin' head.

Eli is very good but no GM takes him over Brady, Brees, Rogers, a healthy Peyton or Ben.

GamblerSpirit
    TheCentaur, Spankie gone fishing :(
    GamblerSpirit's Avatar Become A Pro!

Big Ben? lmao. Ok, buddy.

ZetaPsi808

you guys should also know that Eli has the longest active consecutive starts streak with 129 starts. he has been very durable which is important for a franchise QB.