Bcatswin
    Bcats Winning Everywhere
    Bcatswin's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5338

UNC Guard Strickland out for year

Torn ACL, was he an important part of there team?

SASH
    SASH's Avatar Become A Pro!

nope

Puppy
    2015 -110
    Puppy's Avatar Become A Pro!

UNC +350 to win it all in the sbr book

beerman2619
    beerman2619's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 459

Carolina is pretty deep with Bullock and P.J Hairiston. But Strickland was a big part of the team one of there best perimeter defenders. Also gave Marshall time to rest as Strickland played some pg. Now Mcdonald and Strickland both loss for the season going to be tough for this team the rest of the way.

UNCGQ
    UNCGQ's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 905

Quote Originally Posted by SASH View Post
    nope
    If you don't know anything, probably better off to just not say anything.

Pretty much what Beerman said;

Strickland played the back-up PG role. Kendall will have to play as minutes as he can. Although Reggie and PJ can handle the ball, they're still freshman and, although they have their moments where they look really solid, they also have moments of 'wtf were you thinking' pretty regularly.

Strickland was the best on-ball defender on the team (the Jackie Manuel of this year's team). Marshall's strong suit isn't defense. And if you watched the torching at FSU (or have followed UNC basketball in the last ten years), you know a 'fatal flaw' of UNC is that on any given night, they can give up a million good looks at 3.

Leslie McDonald announced recently the decision to red-shirt this year so that takes another person out of the rotation to fill the void.

They just got much more susceptible to a team who gets really hot one night with great guard play. Ask yourself, what happens if Marshall gets in foul trouble one night. (It's hasn't been prone to happen, but I've seen the same scenario happen in a big game)

It gets really scary, really fast if that happens, especially when it matters.

In 2008, Bobby Frasor went down and he was the team's #2 and Lawson's back-up. QT came in and did a bang up job (especially considering how much 'hate' he got from the fan base at times), so, it's something the staff has seen before mid-season.

SASH
    SASH's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by UNCGQ View Post
    If you don't know anything, probably better off to just not say anything.

Pretty much what Beerman said;

Strickland played the back-up PG role. Kendall will have to play as minutes as he can. Although Reggie and PJ can handle the ball, they're still freshman and, although they have their moments where they look really solid, they also have moments of 'wtf were you thinking' pretty regularly.

Strickland was the best on-ball defender on the team (the Jackie Manuel of this year's team). Marshall's strong suit isn't defense. And if you watched the torching at FSU (or have followed UNC basketball in the last ten years), you know a 'fatal flaw' of UNC is that on any given night, they can give up a million good looks at 3.

Leslie McDonald announced recently the decision to red-shirt this year so that takes another person out of the rotation to fill the void.

They just got much more susceptible to a team who gets really hot one night with great guard play. Ask yourself, what happens if Marshall gets in foul trouble one night. (It's hasn't been prone to happen, but I've seen the same scenario happen in a big game)

It gets really scary, really fast if that happens, especially when it matters.

In 2008, Bobby Frasor went down and he was the team's #2 and Lawson's back-up. QT came in and did a bang up job (especially considering how much 'hate' he got from the fan base at times), so, it's something the staff has seen before mid-season.
    what i cant have a difference of opinion with you? Calm down, jeeesh

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

nope
    Wow.

UNCGQ
    UNCGQ's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 905

what i cant have a difference of opinion with you? Calm down, jeeesh
    I don't GaF if you agree with me or not.

Somebody asked a question and, having read bcats' posts, it seemed like he wanted an answer that wasn't unintelligent drivel.

I tried to provide some.

If you wanted to provide some insight such as, Bullock should have been starting over Strickland since the exam break anyway, as some have suggested, or that a Top 5 team losing their starting #2 and only experienced back-up point guard wouldn't matter because why would a team need any of those skills; that would be a difference of opinion.

If you're going to be a dumfuk on a topic you obviously don't know anything about, that's different.