FourLengthsClear
    King of the Idiots
    FourLengthsClear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 508

Quote Originally Posted by minet123 View Post

Hamburgers is way way to kind
    Have you ever seen any place with so much potential be run into the ground with both old and new ownership
    QFT. Every change that has been made has been a negative in terms of generating liquidity. Any exchange lives or dies on liquidity.

Quote Originally Posted by Hareeba! View Post

Whatever.

Who really knows?

I don't really care who's money is matching mine so long as it is at the best odds available anywhere.
    Are you serious? If an exchange is having to seed it's own markets and suffers trading losses where does the money come from to pay players? I wouldn't say I was concerned about having funds in Matchbook today but it has been nearly a year since the new owners took over and they have done NOTHING to make it a better place to play.

Hareeba!
    Hareeba!'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 20525

Quote Originally Posted by FourLengthsClear View Post
    QFT. Every change that has been made has been a negative in terms of generating liquidity. Any exchange lives or dies on liquidity.

Are you serious? If an exchange is having to seed it's own markets and suffers trading losses where does the money come from to pay players? I wouldn't say I was concerned about having funds in Matchbook today but it has been nearly a year since the new owners took over and they have done NOTHING to make it a better place to play.
    Agree, it's been far too long for what should have happened. But have faith. Give it another few weeks and I expect you'll see some worthwhile improvements.

In the meantime I'm happy to keep getting matched at the best odds anywhere US pro sports.

And fwiw, my understanding is that it's not MB themselves doing the seeding but players who are being given a commission free ride to do it.

durito
    escarabajo negro
    durito's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 438

You get more delusional daily.

Hareeba!

Quote Originally Posted by durito View Post
    You get more delusional daily.
    Rather than simply throwing insults around, perhaps you'd care to actually enlighten us with your profoundly superior knowledge?

No.
    I thought as much.
    Last edited by Hareeba!; 01-21-12 at 03:42 PM.

the sink
    the sink's Avatar Become A Pro!

Great lines everyday
    Love matchbook

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

I would proceed with matchbook as caution
    Not risky but not 100% safe

QQPALLADIUM
    QQPALLADIUM's Avatar Become A Pro!

Agree, it's been far too long for what should have happened. But have faith. Give it another few weeks and I expect you'll see some worthwhile improvements.

In the meantime I'm happy to keep getting matched at the best odds anywhere US pro sports.

And fwiw, my understanding is that it's not MB themselves doing the seeding but players who are being given a commission free ride to do it.
    again you say my understanding...back it up...

Hareeba!

Quote Originally Posted by QQPALLADIUM View Post
    again you say my understanding...back it up...
    huh?

back up "my understanding"?

get a life mate

or if you are really so interested in the topic, go do some research and learn for yourself

jjgold

Matchbook volume had never changed , you can tell it is fake by looking at pools and strange amounts

It's impossible to compete against matchbook even though a little different

the_situation
    the_situation's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6309

QQPALLADIUM

Is all you do stalk Hareeba with your ghost account and post useless garbage?

the_situation

huh?

get a life mate

or if you are really so interested in the topic, go do some research and learn for yourself

the_situation

Matchbook has the best odds on the planet for US Sports...getting NBA spreads at -101 every day. Payouts within hours.

All they need is to add more currencies and they will takeoff.

QQPALLADIUM

Quote Originally Posted by the_situation View Post
    Matchbook has the best odds on the planet for US Sports...getting NBA spreads at -101 every day. Payouts within hours.

All they need is to add more currencies and they will takeoff.
    good luck with the bernie madoff of exchanges...

QQPALLADIUM

huh?

get a life mate

it is my understanding that you are a shill....thus because i say so it is true....think about it...you said its your understanding mb is not seeding its markets...just because you say it doesn't mean it is true.

the_situation

good luck with the bernie madoff of exchanges...
    I request payouts every week and receive them within hours...so as long as I keep getting paid I will continue to play at the book that gives me by far the best odds available.

Hareeba!

it is my understanding that you are a shill....thus because i say so it is true....think about it...you said its your understanding mb is not seeding its markets...just because you say it doesn't mean it is true.
    I don't give a F whether you believe me about anything.

Whatever I post is my honest opinion. Take it or leave it. If you can prove me wrong about anything that's fine and I'll be happy to concede, but it doesn't entitle you to call me a liar or insult me after every post I make.

In regard to this latest "understanding" it was as stated by a MB representative on this forum a while back. I have no reason to disbelieve him and I doubt you do either.

QQPALLADIUM

so if i post as Betfair Ben i can be a rep for them as well...

sorry if i offended you...looks like a nice day at the aussie open...get out and get some sun...

Hareeba!

so if i post as Betfair Ben i can be a rep for them as well...

sorry if i offended you...looks like a nice day at the aussie open...get out and get some sun...
    BS!

You're not at all sorry. You have been purposely stalking and posting insults and lies about me for months and months yet continually refusing to engage in civil debate about whatever you choose to take issue with.

A very sad case indeed.

You don't believe anyone and are forever questioning their motives all the time.

Go get some help.

austin
    austin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 28

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    I would proceed with matchbook as caution
    Not risky but not 100% safe
    That would be a solid advice regarding ANY online sportbook including A rated

andywend
    andywend's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 244

Quote Originally Posted by the_situation View Post
    QQPALLADIUM

Is all you do stalk Hareeba with your ghost account and post useless garbage?
    QQPalladium is a serial stalker and an all-around horse's ass.

Hareeba, don't waste your time trying to have a rational conversation with QQPalladium as he really is PURE HUMAN TRASH.

jjgold

Betfair is a monster

Matchbook extreme pennies compared to them

Does matchbook offer good lines?? YES

Dark Horse
    Deus Ex Machina
    Dark Horse's Avatar Become A Pro!

Old story, new rerun. I could start again about Tradesports, but what's the point? They had everything down, except the liquidity. To this day I have not seen a better platform, which included GTC orders (that really opened the door to great odds). These new MB owners bought a platform and a name. lol An exchange is all about liquidity. And the problem is not liquidity for a few high profile games, but liquidity across the board. Not a single regular book has that, but exchanges somehow have to turn that corner. And so they start to create their own liquidity, but at that point they're gambling against many players who may be sharper than they are. The better odds at exchanges attract swarms of locusts scalpers, so now the advantage of the exchange starts to work against the exchange itself in big chunks. Anyway, before anyone else gets any brilliant ideas about running an exchange, there are three rules for a successful one:
    1) liquidity
    2) liquidity
    3) you got it.
    Last edited by Dark Horse; 01-22-12 at 10:48 AM.

mathdotcom
    mathdotcom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1943

Also its fukking insulting that they keep setting EU odds as my default

betplom
    maniac
    betplom's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by mathdotcom View Post
    Also its fukking insulting that they keep setting EU odds as my default

If you use roboform or lastpass to login you can change one of the form fill fields to set it to US style odds.

OTL
    OTL's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5277

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Matchbook volume had never changed , you can tell it is fake by looking at pools and strange amounts

It's impossible to compete against matchbook even though a little different
    No kidding. I've been monitoring the NHL liquidity there for a long time in the hopes that it would increase enough for me to play there. Since the new ownership took over they now have exactly $10,000 in offers for ML's/sides at the best odds for the bigger games of the day. Makes me concerned about the long-term viability of this book when they are seeding their own markets. How can this book make any money when they are playing against their customers? Prior to this your hopes of getting down more than $1000 on hockey were sketchy at best.

RickySteve
    SBR is a criminal organization
    RickySteve's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 187

My impression is that Matchbook was purchased by a syndicate headed by a semi-famous poker player at the height of a successful (read: lucky) run. They saw MB as a vehicle for taking their own positions at reduced cost. They also were eager to take Betfair's hand so deeply from their pocket. Since that time they've spewed back all the money they previously won and suspended trading leaving MB once again adrift.

I could be wrong.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: QQPALLADIUM

Hareeba!

Quote Originally Posted by RickySteve View Post
    My impression is that Matchbook was purchased by a syndicate headed by a semi-famous poker player at the height of a successful (read: lucky) run. They saw MB as a vehicle for taking their own positions at reduced cost. They also were eager to take Betfair's hand so deeply from their pocket. Since that time they've spewed back all the money they previously won and suspended trading leaving MB once again adrift.

I could be wrong.
    Your "impression" ?

Wonder how long it takes that QQ nutter to require you to "back it up"

mathdotcom

Are all poker players huge tools or just 99% of them? What a missed opportunity, RickyS, if thats true.

MonkeyF0cker
    Update your status
    MonkeyF0cker's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1127

Are all poker players huge tools or just 99% of them? What a missed opportunity, RickyS, if thats true.
    Probably could have been purchased for slightly less than 6 figures in late 2009 from the prices WSEX was asking for it back then.

And the vast majority of poker players are huge tools. It's a big reason that I don't play much any more.

jjgold

70% seeding

They have very few active accounts

mathdotcom

Quote Originally Posted by MonkeyF0cker View Post
    Probably could have been purchased for slightly less than 6 figures in late 2009 from the prices WSEX was asking for it back then.

And the vast majority of poker players are huge tools. It's a big reason that I don't play much any more.
    They literally stink, they think they're so clever, their poker stories suck, they measure each other by how much poker lingo they know, yet are dumb enough to complain about the plays of squares at the table instead of being glad they're there, asking what you had after a hand and/or making stupid guesses, getting mad at you after you tell them next time they should pay and find out, etc. etc.

Cannot sit at a table for more than 2 hours without falling asleep

Blackjack more expensive to play but you might meet broads and the people are definitely more interesting. Of course the most interesting people though are playing bingo

MonkeyF0cker
    Update your status
    MonkeyF0cker's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1127

They literally stink, they think they're so clever, their poker stories suck, they measure each other by how much poker lingo they know, yet are dumb enough to complain about the plays of squares at the table instead of being glad they're there, asking what you had after a hand and/or making stupid guesses, getting mad at you after you tell them next time they should pay and find out, etc. etc.

Cannot sit at a table for more than 2 hours without falling asleep

Blackjack more expensive to play but you might meet broads and the people are definitely more interesting. Of course the most interesting people though are playing bingo
    LOL. Exactly.

And if I hear one more "bad beat" story, I'm going to shank whoever is telling it to me.

Monte
    Monte's Avatar Become A Pro!

Wow Hareeba got exposed in this thread, unreal...
    unable to do simple maths, lost all credit (if he had any left) what a clown.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: brettels

Monte
    Monte's Avatar Become A Pro!

There is only 1 explanation for the lack of other currencies anyway...they use USD themselves and don't give a fukk, any real exchange would have hurried up. I'd be surprised if even 10% of their so called volume comes from players.

jjgold

First 1234 Last