zoo youk
    zoo youk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1197

anyone like UNC -6 tomorrow?

I feel like my picks are getting squarer and squarer over the last few days but not sure I can pass this up.

Roy Williams is a great bounce back coach and great motivator. after they just got whipped, they are gonna have insane energy..wouldnt surprise me if they won by 25.

john230
    john230's Avatar Become A Pro!

The thing is Vtech also coming off a bad losses to Wake Forest and B.C. Vtech probably has to win this game to have any at large chance at the big dance. Having said that, I would take N.C. to win, but not lay 6.

zoo youk

Quote Originally Posted by john230 View Post
    The thing is Vtech also coming off a bad losses to Wake Forest and B.C. Vtech probably has to win this game to have any at large chance at the big dance. Having said that, I would take N.C. to win, but not lay 6.
    I hear you about the va tech losses...the problem is they just arent that good of a squad. def dont think they are even sniffing they tourney this year.

im probably going to put unc a super 3 team tease and go with UNC +1 Giants+12 and Ravens +17

thatll be my action for the weekend. (if UNC wins, obviously)

zoo youk

they should destroy them inside the paint.

john230

Quote Originally Posted by zoo youk View Post
    I hear you about the va tech losses...the problem is they just arent that good of a squad. def dont think they are even sniffing they tourney this year.

im probably going to put unc a super 3 team tease and go with UNC +1 Giants+12 and Ravens +17

thatll be my action for the weekend. (if UNC wins, obviously)

Good luck on your teaser. I agree that Vtech is not playing well, but this is a big home game for them. I would rather lay the number at home for the Tar Heels than take them as road favs in this spot. I do think they get the w on the road though.
    Last edited by john230; 01-19-12 at 07:22 AM.

teaserpleaser
    teaserpleaser's Avatar Become A Pro!

Taking the over

dotheopposite
    dotheopposite's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1339

Will be a game to keep track of the point spread movement..UNC coming out the gates the #1 public pick..Vandy also right there with it..

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Roy Williams is a horrible coach , never play any coaching angle with him

gba
    gba's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1043

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Go find a wall and do the samething for making a stupid comment like that.

BiffTFinancial
    BiffTFinancial's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5368

if i play this game, i will play the over.

john230

Quote Originally Posted by gba View Post
    Go find a wall and do the samething for making a stupid comment like that.

The knock on Williams is that he is a great recruiter, but poor game manager. Not sure if I agree with that premise.

Ambition
    The Professor
    Ambition's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2452

Not liking this play really, it's at -7 also. Most people seem to be on the over for this one.

LockPickMaster
    LockPickMaster's Avatar Become A Pro!

Erick Green is probable tonight

zoo youk

I took the teaser.

wont be my only action for weekend tho, forgot about saturday hoops lol

zoo youk

Quote Originally Posted by john230 View Post
    The knock on Williams is that he is a great recruiter, but poor game manager. Not sure if I agree with that premise.
    #1 in scoring #1 in rebounding they are gonna kill Va Tech in the paint.

BiffTFinancial

#1 in scoring #1 in rebounding they are gonna kill Va Tech in the paint.
    weren't they #1 in scoring and #1 in rebounding in Tallahassee on Saturday too?

A.M.S.
    A.M.S.'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 667

love them here on a rebound game.... and espescially at home

BiffTFinancial

Quote Originally Posted by A.M.S. View Post
    love them here on a rebound game.... and espescially at home
    game is in Blacksburg.

Ambition
    The Professor
    Ambition's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2452

Everyone on this site is on UNC tonight, to tail or fade is the question...?

BiffTFinancial

Quote Originally Posted by Ambition View Post
    Everyone on this site is on UNC tonight, to tail or fade is the question...?
    i think that the third option (pass) is the best one on this game. only angle i like at all is over, and not sure how much i like that. lotta options out there, why try to figure out how a team will respond after circumstances so far outside the ordinary? grew up a UNC fan because my dad is UNC fan, and i've never seen a good Carolina team look so out of sorts. this is a very talented team coming off an absolutely shameful performance. if you back them, you're banking on their heads being right, which seems like a genuine gamble.

zoo youk

Theres a reason va tech has been a bubble team all these years

They cant get up for or win the big games

john230

Theres a reason va tech has been a bubble team all these years

They cant get up for or win the big games

Yeah and you never know Vtech's head coach Greenburg's job may be on the line. I don't remember last time they made the Big Dance.

bobby heenan
    Update your status
    bobby heenan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 75

when you lose to wake and bc, even if its on the road, there is a problem.....

i thought this team was going to be at least decent...i played them once this year catching 3.5 at minnesota.....minny still had mbakwe....tech covered by a half a point.....looks like theyve gotten worse....

still hate laying points on the road....just gets tough to win on the road this time of year....look at nova last night...who i was on....they got to the ft line 40 times.....

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Thank you.

BernardMadoff
    Sam Hurd +3000
    BernardMadoff's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 280

Virginia Tech is always a tough place for UNC and Duke, I wanna tease UNC and probably will.

zoo youk

North Carolina won six of last seven games with Virginia Tech, but lost last visit here 74-70; teams split last four games played here. Seven of last ten series games were decided by 6 or less points. Tar Heels lost by 33 at Florida State Saturday, their third straight road loss-- their one win on road is at #141 NC-Asheville. ACC underdogs are 14-3-1 so far this season, 7-1 at home. Hokies lost first three ACC games by total of nine points, with ugly losses to Wake Forest/Boston College.

zoo youk

^^^^ not good for UNC backers.

may take the points and try to middle with unc teaser.

BernardMadoff
    Sam Hurd +3000
    BernardMadoff's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 280

Quote Originally Posted by LockPickMaster View Post
    Erick Green is probable tonight
    He's expected to play.

zoo youk

Thursday, January 19th, 9:00 p.m. (et)
    The Sports Network

By Scott Haynes, Senior College Basketball Editor

FACTS & STATS: Site: Cassell Coliseum (9,847) -- Blacksburg, Virginia. Television: ESPN. Home Record: UNC 12-0, VaTech 8-2. Away Record: UNC 1-2, VaTech 2-3. Neutral Record: UNC 2-1, VaTech 1-1. Conference Record: UNC 2-1, VaTech 0-3. Series Record: North Carolina leads, 61-13.

GAME NOTES: Coming off one of the most lopsided losses in recent memory, the eighth-ranked North Carolina Tar Heels seek a quick turnaround, as they close out a two-game road swing this evening, taking on the Virginia Tech Hokies in ACC action at the Cassell Coliseum in Blacksburg.

The Tar Heels seemed to be clicking on all cylinders as they brought a nine- game win streak into Tallahassee this past weekend. However, UNC ended up on the wrong end of a 90-57 rout at the hands of Florida State. The 33-point setback was the largest margin of defeat in the nine years UNC has been under Roy Williams' watchful eye.

While UNC is still considered a favorite in the conference this season, Virginia Tech is simply seeking its first league win of the year. The Hokies have lost three straight games, all in-conference, but are still five games over .500 on the year at 11-6.

North Carolina holds a sizable 61-13 lead in the all-time series with Virginia Tech. The Tar Heels have won six of the last seven meetings and 24 of the last 27 overall.

North Carolina set a season-low for field-goal percentage (.373) while allowing a season-high .484 shooting performance by Florida State in the humbling loss. FSU dominated in just about every facet of the game, including outrebounding UNC 43-35. The team received its usual production up front, as Harrison Barnes led the way with 15 points. Tyler Zeller posted a double- double with 14 points and 14 rebounds, while John Henson chipped in with 10 points. Point guard Kendall Marshall had a game to forget though, finishing with just six points and four assists. The usually deft distributor was also the main culprit in UNC's unforgivable 22 turnovers, as Marshall finished with seven miscues. The frontcourt play is what drives the UNC engine, as the team is averaging 85.2 ppg on .478 shooting. Barnes has the ability to score from anywhere on the floor, leading the Tar Heels with 16.8 ppg. Henson (14.4 ppg, 9.7 rpg) and Zeller (14.4 ppg, 9.2 rpg) combine to form quite the duo in the paint. Marshall doesn't add much to the scoring punch at just 5.8 ppg, but is averaging just under 10 assists per game (9.6 apg) to lead the conference and rank second nationally.

The Hokies rely heavily on their play at the defensive end of the court and will certainly be tested by the explosive Tar Heels. Virginia Tech is among the top defensive squads in the country, limiting foes to a mere 59.6 ppg, on just .396 shooting. The scoring depth is shallow, with guards Erick Greene and Dorenzo Hudson representing the best of the bunch. Greene leads the team in scoring (16.1 ppg), assists (48) and steals (22). Hudson drops in 11.4 ppg in support. A lack of depth could be even worse without Greene, who missed the team's last game and is still listed as day-to-day with a knee injury. Without Greene in the lineup, the Hokies dropped a two-point decision to Boston College. Victor Davila led the team with 14 points in the loss. Hudson added 13 points to the cause, but Tech shot just 36.2 percent from the floor overall, including a mere 28.6 percent from behind the arc.

The lopsided loss to the Seminoles was certainly an aberration and will likely not happen again to the Tar Heels this season. There is way too much talent for the Heels to suffer any prolonged skeins. Look for UNC to get back to what it does best, pushing the ball into the frontcourt, where Barnes, Henson and Zeller can dominate.

Sports Network Predicted Outcome: North Carolina 75, Virginia Tech 66

UNCGQ
    UNCGQ's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 905

Quote Originally Posted by BiffTFinancial View Post
    grew up a UNC fan because my dad is UNC fan, and i've never seen a good Carolina team look so out of sorts. this is a very talented team coming off an absolutely shameful performance.
    2005 Championships Team's loss to Santa Clara to start the season.

The 'other' meltdown to FSU when they gave up something like a 28 point half-time lead.

Getting blown out by Dook last year.

(Every game in the 2002 season when they went 8-20)

______

V Tech always loses the games it should win and wins the games it shouldn't (often against UNC and Dook). It's the reason they continuously are the last team out of the tournament. They just can't win the games they're supposed to and are currently 0 - 3 in the ACC and UVA is next up on the schedule. Losing to BC and Wake are absolute killers and I'm sure Seth will have his guys ready to play knowing that they have to start getting some wins.
    Last edited by UNCGQ; 01-19-12 at 12:37 PM.

BiffTFinancial

Quote Originally Posted by UNCGQ View Post
    2005 Championships Team's loss to Santa Clara to start the season. The 'other' meltdown to FSU when they gave up something like a 28 point half-time lead. Getting blown out by Dook last year. (Every game in the 2002 season when they went 8-20) ______ V Tech always loses the games it should win and wins the games it shouldn't (often against UNC and Dook). It's the reason they continuously are the last team out of the tournament. They just can't win the games they're supposed to and are currently 0 - 3 in the ACC and UVA is next up on the schedule. Losing to BC and Wake are absolute killers and I'm sure Seth will have his guys ready to play knowing that they have to start getting some wins.
    good points all.

Patrickz0rs
    Patrickz0rs's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 493

How about the way North Carolina was pounded by Florida State on Saturday 90-57 when Roy Williams walked off the court before the game had ended. Virginia Tech has been a 'bubble' team for the NCAA Tourney almost every year although they have 'covered' five of six in this series and 7 of their last 9 meetings. After winning six straight Virginia Tech has lost their last three ACC contests but should be ready for the over-rated Tar Heels tonight. Take the HOKIES!

Jaug
    1 in 2.7 mill
    Jaug's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2977

Got down one unit on UNC -6, got a good line.

Jaug
    1 in 2.7 mill
    Jaug's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2977

81% of bets coming in on NC, line moving that way as well though so not a big deal. Think its the right side here.

19th Hole
    19th Hole's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9592

If anything I may play UNC the 1H.

12 Last