dlunc3
    dlunc3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1076

Quote Originally Posted by zsr View Post
    Completely agree. How anybody could root for a team full of guys who are too lazy/not dedicated enough to try to win on there own, guys mocking dirk, throwing championship celebrations in the pre season, etc, etc. Is beyond me. What is the appeal in jumping on a bandwagon?
    I do agree with the statement about rooting for that team... I disagree with the part where you said too lazy/not dedicated enough to try to win on their own.... Lebron stayed in cleveland more then long enough, and they were not committed to winning a championship in Cleveland. The Lakers have been dedicated to putting the right peices around kobe all these years to be successful.. just as the bulls did with jordan. You cant fault a guy for wanting to be in a better position.. Everyone hates on players bc they are selfish and only play for the money and be "the man".. lebron did the exact opposite by taking and wanting to play on a "team", not play as a selfish individual. Though I agree jumping on any bankwagon is a joke... and I do agree is was wrong to act how they have acted at times... but hating on the guy for joining that team is beyond wrong.

paco
    paco's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7051

Dlunc, its not that Cleve is mad at LeBron leaving, it's the way he did it. He knew he was not gonna stay, shoulda ave ownership heads up so they coulda tried to make moves for other free agents at the time. And top it all off, go on national bullshit "decision" to slap the city of Cleveland in the face. I have no ties to Cleveland but I hope lebitch never wins a ring. Hes just a douchebag

zsr
    zsr's Avatar Become A Pro!

Dlunc it's more of the way he did it, I know he had zero talent in Cleveland and nobody could of won with that team, but the way he did was just a joke. No class. Also his effort in that last game against Boston, obviously quit on the team. Whatever the reason may be just the way he and bosh as well did it was terrible.
    Last edited by zsr; 01-17-12 at 03:51 PM.

dlunc3
    dlunc3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1076

Quote Originally Posted by paco View Post
    Dlunc, its not that Cleve is mad at LeBron leaving, it's the way he did it. He knew he was not gonna stay, shoulda ave ownership heads up so they coulda tried to make moves for other free agents at the time. And top it all off, go on national bullshit "decision" to slap the city of Cleveland in the face. I have no ties to Cleveland but I hope lebitch never wins a ring. Hes just a douchebag
    100% true... he did cleveland dirty the way he did it, and went about it completely wrong and to this day looks like a fool because of it. Regardless of this though, there is no denying the talent that this guy has and there is no warrant to hate on a guy that took less money to play team basketball. Kobe drove shaq out of town bc he wanted to be the man, not to mention his off court women issues... all of these guys are douchebag slimeballs..but at least lebron, though he went about leaving cleveland the wrong way, is not a selfish prick. Regardless... we should judge them for their motives and performance on the court, not off it.

wantitall4moi
    wantitall4moi's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3834

Quote Originally Posted by upscope View Post
    Are you honestly this delusional?? What exact yrs are you talking about where Laker games were half full?? I would say you're digging yourself a deep hole but it can't get any deeper.
    The Lakers moved into Staples in 2000 their attendance records since:

1999-00 41 771,410 18,815
    2000-01 41 776,336 18,935
    2001-02 41 778,877 18,997
    2002-03 41 777,888 18,972
    2003-04 41 777,757 18,969
    2004-05 41 770,494 18,792
    2005-06 41 774,189 18,882
    2006-07 41 778,415 18,985
    2007-08 41 778,877 18,997
    2008-09 41 778,877 18,997
    2009-10 41 778,877 18,997
    2010-11 41 778,877 18,997

LMAO at tools quoting announced attendance figures. LA Dodgers probably claimed 2 million attendance last season that place was empty all year. A few of those years werent even close. A lot of brokers buy tickets and try to resell them they count as sales but the seasts are still empty. Trust me the year the Lakers didnt make the play offs the place wasnt half full. Year after that it wasnt much better. That would probably be 2004-2006 on your little chart there. No one is going to spend the prices they want to watch a shit team, and people didnt. scalpers and brokers took a bath those years.

As for thinking theyre going to reload...why? How? The new era of basketball is to go somewhere where there are stars. Lakers wont have any in a couple years, unless they can somehow convince people Bynum is a star. Since he has such a bad rep around the league I doubt that happens.

So who will the Lakers be building around? Gasol? Nice player but not a franchise guy. What do they have after that? Nothing.

So how are the Lakers going to reload? No one wanted to play with Kobe when he was in his prime and they had phil jackson and were looking at collecting rings. Now that Jackson is gone what is the draw? Kobe retiring is the biggest one, and that is a ways off yet I imagine.

Look at how the league is going. You have the big name players looking to defect and join up with other big name players. Lakers dont have any. Even if you count Kobe eevryoe knows he is nearly done, and he will want so much money it will strap the team and they wont be able to afford more than one other ig name. If th league gets a chunk of the Lakers TV contract that will settle it. That remains to be seen but I suspect Buss will have to hand some over due to the CBA.

Lakers best hope is to accept their fate go to the lottery and hope.

zsr

Wantitall cut the bullshit. Every single thing you said or predicted has been wrong, you don't know the attendance, you don't know what there record is going to be, just let it go. They won't be near the lottery.

wantitall4moi

Wantitall cut the bullshit. Every single thing you said or predicted has been wrong, you don't know the attendance, you don't know what there record is going to be, just let it go. They won't be near the lottery.
    yeah because 15 games into a 66 game season is so meanignful, espeically when 11 of those games have been at home.

Seriously this board is probably worse than covers for being filled with completely clues fucktards.

zsr

Yea, like people who predict the lakers will be in the lottery

wantitall4moi

Yea, like people who predict the lakers will be in the lottery
    Its a free roll for me. If lakers dont make the play offs then I can say "I told you so" and laugh at all you clueless *****.

if they dont get a lottery pick then I can look forward to them getting swept out of the play offs and getting a shit draft pick thus miring themselves deeper in mediocrity.

So really is is a win win. The only way I really look "bad" is if Lakers go 40-26 and make a 5 or 6 seed, but no way in hell that happens. Even if they go 33-33 and make an 8 seed I was half right. But I still dont think 33-33 will be good enough for an 8 seed in the west.

zsr

I'm not even sure why you took the time to post this garbage.

You know there's a .00001 percent chance they would even miss the playoffs let alone be in the lottery
    Last edited by zsr; 01-17-12 at 04:37 PM.

YouHave2outs
    YouHave2outs's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 198

Quote Originally Posted by wantitall4moi View Post
    As for thinking theyre going to reload...why? How?

lakers have always been good. they'll always be good. nba needs them to be. stern will make it happen if it doesn't happen on its own.

William Walters
    William Walters's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 233

Now I get it. Can't believe it took me this long. wantitall4moi is a broke-dick who can't afford to buy a seat to a Lakers game. Poor kid grew up a Lakers fan.......even attended a few games at The Fabulous Forum back in the day. Guy is bitter now. Broke, angry, resentful, desperate, and blames ticket prices at Staples Center on the success of the greatest franchise in U.S sports.

I feel for you wantitall. Life is not always fair. Keep your chin up sport. Maybe one day you can make it into the upper deck.

wantitall4moi

I'm not even sure why you took the time to make the thread.

You know there's a .00001 percent chance they would even miss the playoffs let alone be in the lottery
    LMAO IMO theyre only about -110 to make the play offs with the record they have now. despite all the stupidity people are talking about Lakers are only 2 games better than I thought they would be at this time. I figured they would be 8-7 right now, and finish up the month 10-12. At best I think they finish up 12-10, possibly 11-11. So regardless of where they are now I am not nearly as far off as people think.

I take all these things into account, I dont just make statements like that without looking a little deeper. I am probably the only person in this thread looking at it objectively and not getting caught up in what looks like a 'great' start.

Like I have said reality will set in and set in hard. Then all of you guys will be wondering what happened to the lakers and looking for reasons or excuses. When the fact is nothing is wrong, they will just be at the level anyone that has a clue knew they would eventually be at.

zsr

The reality is, there playing as bad as any team could possibly play on offense and there still winning games, wait till they figure it out.

it's just obvious to they won't be close to the lottery and even you are bailing out of that argument already.
    Last edited by zsr; 01-17-12 at 04:48 PM.

wantitall4moi

Quote Originally Posted by YouHave2outs View Post
    lakers have always been good. they'll always be good. nba needs them to be. stern will make it happen if it doesn't happen on its own.
    If that were the case he wouldnt have nixed the Paul trade.

Rumors floating around Howard might want to come to the Clippers, if that happens then watch out. Then what hope will Laker fans have? But then again that shows how little people know about basketball, Lakers dont need a center they need a point guard, getting howard does nothing for them but possibly give them a guy to build around for the future. But if I had to put a number on it I would say the chances of Howard being a Laker are less than 10%. Seriously now that he has floated Clippers out there he is really looking to be traded. because once he is unrestricted he can go anywhere for free.

If youre a player and you look at the Clippers and the Lakers how can you say with a straight face you would rather play for the Lakers? Now or especially down the road.

Lakers dont need to be good, having them suck would then make them the Clippers of old. Lakers sucked for 10 years before they moved to Staples, didnt hurt the league too much then. As long as the league has someone else to promote (back then it was Jordan) they really dont need anything. League has more than enough star power, and plenty of it still in LA just across the hall these days.

wantitall4moi

The reality is, there playing as bad as any team could possibly play on offense and there still winning games, wait till they figure it out.

it's just obvious to they won't be close to the lottery like you said and even you are bailing out of that argument already.
    hmm really? thats why theyre top 10 (8th) in FG percentage? Theyre second in the league in rebounding, top 10 in free throw percentage, and in the top 15 in the whole league in just about every category?

I say theyre about as good as theyre going to get. If anything I suspect theyll fall off both offensively and defensively especially.

THEYRE PLAYING ALL THEIR GAMES AT HOME, how hard is that for you idiots to understand. If they had played a reverse schedule they would be 6-9 right now at best, You realize that right? They would be down around where the Phoenix suns are. But they got lucky with a front loaded schedule with a lot of games at home. Home versus road in the NBA is huge. But I wouldnt expect you guys to understand that.

William Walters
    William Walters's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 233

I am done talking about this now, we can revisit it after valentines day, I doubt however people will want to bring it up once reality sets in.
    Not one truth from your fingertips to SBR in this thread.

wantitall4moi

Quote Originally Posted by William Walters View Post
    Not one truth from your fingertips to SBR in this thread.
    actually opinions cant be true or false. so everything I have said besides that doesnt qualify. Most of my comments since then havent been about the "this' I was inferring to there, but generic basketball topics and some laker and clipper generalities not regarding their record or potential records.

zsr

This guy calling everyone else idiots when he said the lakers will be in the lottery

PR9
    PR9's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 651

laker fans vanished all of a sudden.

heh

zsr

Heat bandwagon fans still around

Lakers get Howard you'll be on the bandwagon in 5 minutes.

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on
    HoulihansTX's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 295

He did say that the Lakers will suck, and they do.

YouHave2outs
    YouHave2outs's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 198

If that were the case he wouldnt have nixed the Paul trade. Rumors floating around Howard might want to come to the Clippers, if that happens then watch out. Then what hope will Laker fans have? But then again that shows how little people know about basketball, Lakers dont need a center they need a point guard, getting howard does nothing for them but possibly give them a guy to build around for the future. But if I had to put a number on it I would say the chances of Howard being a Laker are less than 10%. Seriously now that he has floated Clippers out there he is really looking to be traded. because once he is unrestricted he can go anywhere for free. If youre a player and you look at the Clippers and the Lakers how can you say with a straight face you would rather play for the Lakers? Now or especially down the road. Lakers dont need to be good, having them suck would then make them the Clippers of old. Lakers sucked for 10 years before they moved to Staples, didnt hurt the league too much then. As long as the league has someone else to promote (back then it was Jordan) they really dont need anything. League has more than enough star power, and plenty of it still in LA just across the hall these days.
    '

watch it happen. it always does. nothing to respond to there.

except fact that clipps are better is even more motivation to move more star power to la.

yisman
    yisman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 246162

LOL I am not wrong. If they make a 6 seed I will say that. Maybe even if they get a 7 seed and have a guy injured.

All these bandwagon homers on the Lakers jock because theyre 10-5. LMAO. Once theyre hovering around .500 theyll all disappear. But you can be sure if Lakers back their way in theyll be front and center.

I am not one to bump threads but come Spring I will be sure to have all these on the front page when the lakers are sitting at 33-33 or worse.

If they make a 6 seed I will just start a 'congratulations' thread, and predict they get knocked off by the Clippers who should be the 3 seed, although Clips might be number 2 if Paul doesnt miss too many games and they don t have any major injuries. That is perfect storm for Laker lovers as they get the first round and every game at Staples. Still wont matter though.

To put it in perspective what would the Bulls record be if they had played 11 games at home? Theyre 12-3 as it is. We all saw what happened to Portland (who is a better team than the Lakers) when they had to go play teams on the road. Same as with Miami who is also way better than the Lakers.

People getting hard over this is funny. It will just make the collapse that much sweeter as Lakers dip to where they belong.
    bump

keyboarding
    SBR's Respected Garbage
    keyboarding's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 972

Quote Originally Posted by yisman View Post
    bump

First 123