VegasM
    VegasM's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 145

What do you think of 50 year old guys who've lived at home all their lifes?

I've got one of those for a neighbor. He's lived with his mom, and apparently only works part time occasionally, from what his mom tells me. I've met him down at the Sport book near my home a few times and talked to him. I've tried to like the guy, as he's a fellow gambler, but I've gradually started to despise him: He told me he helps himself to his mothers money in her bank account. Also, he boasted to me about losing over $300K over the past 20 years.

Though his Mom is aged and disabled, he doesn't seem to help her around the house all that much. His mom's
    asked me to help move some boxes in the garage, etc. a few times, and she cooks and cleans for him. Her attitude to me is, what can I do with him?

The sad fact is, he's gone thru most of his Mom's savings. And, the home is reverse, mortgaged, which is where most of the money came from. His Mom confided to me that when she goes, he won't have a place to live, kind of suggesting to me that maybe I can rent him one of my rooms once the Mortgage company takes the house from him.

You know what, I am grateful Dad kicked me out of the house when I turned 20.

paranoyd androyd
    paranoyd androyd's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 134523

you shoud shoot him in the head

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 396

Had an uncle like that. He didn't have to worry about life after the parents because he died of AIDS when he was 46. He worked most of his adult life, but never paid any rent. Always went golfing and to strip clubs.

ttwarrior1
    ttwarrior1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9776

what about people in their teens and early 20's living online and sbr all day, thats even worse, you should be out doing something.

hawley
    hawley's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 79

Quote Originally Posted by VegasM View Post
    I've got one of those for a neighbor. He's lived with his mom, and apparently only works part time occasionally, from what his mom tells me. I've met him down at the Sport book near my home a few times and talked to him. I've tried to like the guy, as he's a fellow gambler, but I've gradually started to despise him: He told me he helps himself to his mothers money in her bank account. Also, he boasted to me about losing over $300K over the past 20 years.

Though his Mom is aged and disabled, he doesn't seem to help her around the house all that much. His mom's
    asked me to help move some boxes in the garage, etc. a few times, and she cooks and cleans for him. Her attitude to me is, what can I do with him?

The sad fact is, he's gone thru most of his Mom's savings. And, the home is reverse, mortgaged, which is where most of the money came from. His Mom confided to me that when she goes, he won't have a place to live, kind of suggesting to me that maybe I can rent him one of my rooms once the Mortgage company takes the house from him.

Is your neighbour disgustingly overweight?

I have a feeling you live next to ttwarrior.

4uk4life
    4uk4life's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1820

Quote Originally Posted by ttwarrior1 View Post
    what about people in their teens and early 20's living online and sbr all day, thats even worse, you should be out doing something.

Are you his neighbor by any chance TT?

KingJD31
    KingJD31's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7042

Why wouldn't you want to live on you're own I don;t get it

flyingillini
    flyingillini's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2187

We have a few here that are about 10 years away from this point... I know a couple guys on forums that are 40+ still living at home.. One of them still sleeps in the single bed he grew up in.

wtf
    wtf's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 61

jj is ok

teaserpleaser
    teaserpleaser's Avatar Become A Pro!

I know alot of well off people who lived at home until they could buy their own this is big in korean culture. Alot of the rest of the world stays at home well into 30s brazilians for example.

boeing power
    boeing power's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 56

Quote Originally Posted by 4uk4life View Post
    Are you his neighbor by any chance TT?

Allure
    Allure's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15121

Doesn't help his mother who's aged and disabled? Get a metal rod and beat the shit out of that fukk. Can't stand fukk like those, most of them have a high potential of being a pedophile or raper.

dynamite140
    dynamite140's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 38337

You talking about hawley?

hawley

Quote Originally Posted by dynamite140 View Post

You talking about hawley?
    tt's overweight partner in crime comes to the rescue.

Dynamite is too scared to reveal anything about himself or post a play online. Is he more tragic than NoCoin

ChuckyTheGoat
    ChuckyTheGoat's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24869

Guy is a scumbag, and not for accepting his mother's generosity. Never should have put her in that situation.

Guy is no good. Best explanation of this I heard was limit of stay at home =
    1) End of college, w/ maybe 6-month allowance to get job and move out.
    2) One exception (for maybe 6 months) before age 30, if he gets laid off or divorced from early marriage.

dynamite140
    dynamite140's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 38337

Did my comment here hurt your feelings or something?

You seem to take things too personal kid. It pretty much shows your insecurity.

Hmm, posting a picture of TTWarrior. You probably do that b/c it makes you feel better about yourself even though you are a boring and dull kid with glasses

hawley

Quote Originally Posted by dynamite140 View Post
    Did my comment here hurt your feelings or something?

You seem to take things too personal kid. It pretty much shows your insecurity.

Hmm, posting a picture of TTWarrior. You probably do that b/c it makes you feel better about yourself even though you are a boring and dull kid with glasses
    we are good pal. You are getting the attention you crave.

posting that picture of ttwarrior should make anyone feel good about themselves. Look at the guy.

Ernie Mccracken
    Ernie Mccracken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4304

I think of them as SBR pros.

UntilTheNDofTimE
    I thought i told you that we dont stop
    UntilTheNDofTimE's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 151

Maybe im stubborn and i dont want to grow up. Im 22 and i still live at home. I work full time during the week and bring in 50k a year. I make another 20k a year working a weekend under the table job but i dont consider this work. Although i can afford to move out i just feel comfortable where i am. I dont consider my day job at Pepsi a real job, waiting for a career or to save enough money to buy a house cash before i move out. I guess for people in their 50's its somewhat sad to live at home but for people in their late 20's i think its accetptable in todays economy. As long as you pay half the rent like if your( parent/s) was your roomate i dont see a huge problem with it. To use someone though, is a whole nother story

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on
    HoulihansTX's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 295

That guy is a scumbag.

beerman2619
    beerman2619's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 459

Quote Originally Posted by Ernie Mccracken View Post
    I think of them as SBR pros.

Have to disagree i would think sbr Non Pros would fall under that category. Can't even come up with 200 bucks in a book come on now . I would think bout 70 percent of non pros live at home actually might be higher percentage.

ChuckyTheGoat
    ChuckyTheGoat's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24869

Quote Originally Posted by UntilTheNDofTimE View Post
    Maybe im stubborn and i dont want to grow up. Im 22 and i still live at home. I work full time during the week and bring in 50k a year. I make another 20k a year working a weekend under the table job but i dont consider this work. Although i can afford to move out i just feel comfortable where i am. I dont consider my day job at Pepsi a real job, waiting for a career or to save enough money to buy a house cash before i move out. I guess for people in their 50's its somewhat sad to live at home but for people in their late 20's i think its accetptable in todays economy. As long as you pay half the rent like if your( parent/s) was your roomate i dont see a huge problem with it. To use someone though, is a whole nother story

Yep, your outlook is reasonable. You even say that you pay rent, even if it's at a discounted rate. Not like you're mooching off someone or wearing out their savings.

Economy a consideration, as you say. Nothing wrong w/ what you're doing, especially if u like shooting the bull w/ your old man, etc.

Rich Boy
    Rich Boy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1106

Nothing wrong with staying home

But 50 yrs is sad, guy is probably a virgin

Br0nxer
    July 2012 Poster of the Month
    Br0nxer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 888

check with sinner in 20 years

hes headed down that road
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: WvGambler

tatommack
    cowboys make the playoffs
    tatommack's Avatar Become A Pro!

My wifes brother is 30 something and lives at home doesn't work or doing anything around the house. My father in law calls me to change air filters and light blubs

clip1
    clip1's Avatar Become A Pro!

^^^how the **** did you marry into that family?

GTS925
    21-7 Run!
    GTS925's Avatar Become A Pro!

My uncle in law is like this. He's living off my grandparents.

Ace_of_Spades
    Golazo De Riverrrr!
    Ace_of_Spades's Avatar Become A Pro!

You'd expect people like this to have saved quite well. No rent or food bills.

Wrigley
    Wrigley's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9423

Quote Originally Posted by VegasM View Post

Are you talking about a SBR poster that begins with the letter TT

BeatTheJerk
    BeatTheJerk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 84

This story really hit home for you didn't it pal.
    Last edited by BeatTheJerk; 01-16-12 at 09:53 AM.

Nick Papageorgio
    Nick Papageorgio's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

No rent is +EV.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Nowadays plenty of these cases

so hard to afford living on your own

BeatTheJerk

I gotta make a decent amount of money to support 4. Wifey no longer works ..... It's not easy, but somehow I have been getting it done. Through work and gambling as a side job.

darkhat
    darkhat's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2882

I don't think there's a problem of doing it in your 20s, or maybe even early 30s.. but it's not my style.

BeatTheJerk

Quote Originally Posted by darkhat View Post
    I don't think there's a problem of doing it in your 20s, or maybe even early 30s.. but it's not my style.
    i felt this way when I was 18-19 years-old. Just wanted to branch out on my own and leave the the crib. I went back home a "couple times" for a short stint, but looking at the big picture it is a lot more wise to stay home as long as possible until you can afford to buy your own place with a sizable down payment. That's even/+ ...

12 Last