PR9
    PR9's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 651

If you're so sure, bet against miami winning the title.

Enjoy losing your money ;-)

I have my money on the right side.

ps- Bulls match up horribly against the Heat. Just having one shot creator on that entire bulls team is a mismatch made in heaven for Miami.. Derrick Rose was a putrid 10% shooting in the 4th quarters of that entire series for good reason:

http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/mia...game-2-defense

Lost amid the inspiring return of Udonis Haslem and the late-game heroics of LeBron James was the best performance nobody is talking about this morning -- Wade's defense in Game 2.

Wade was simply brilliant on the Bulls' side of the floor Wednesday night. His 40 minutes in Game 2 were a composite of his best defensive attributes, both his instincts and his fundamentals. Over the course of the evening, he covered all three of the Bulls' shooting guards then, when the game was on the line in the fourth quarter, he took on the assignment of handling Derrick Rose.

Wade's electrifying defensive effort began 15 seconds into the game on Chicago's very first possession. Wade was covering Keith Bogans, who has been a lightning rod for Chicago fans all season. With Bogans on the court in the postseason, the Bulls are scoring only 94.4 points per 100 possessions. When he's on the bench, they're a robust 106.8 points per 100 possessions.

Like many teams this season, the Heat penalized the Bulls for Bogans' presence and Wade was the main disciplinarian. We saw this dynamic at work 15 seconds into the game, when Wade blocked Carlos Boozer at the rim. How was Wade in position to make the play? When Boozer caught a pass from Rose at the foul line on a slip screen, Wade was already set up in the paint -- not coming over, not collapsing -- but waiting with a magazine and a cup of coffee. Where's Bogans? In the right corner completely unattended.

If the pass had gone out to Bogans and he drained an open 3-pointer, we'd probably skewer Wade for cheating off his man. Bogans has drained a very respectable 21-for-46 from 3-point range in the postseason, but Wade has the quicks and instincts to be a defensive playmaker. Between the Bulls' reluctance to entrust Bogans and his more pedestrian career 35.5 percent mark from beyond the arc, Wade had every incentive to be aggressive as a rover. And in the 16 minutes Bogans was on the floor, the Heat outscored the Bulls 32-23.

When you watch the Bulls' offense grind during these possessions, there's a single constant -- Wade was everywhere. When the Heat loaded up in the lane on a Rose-Boozer pick-and-roll, forcing a reverse pass to Luol Deng in the left corner, there was Wade flying in to close out on the 3-point attempt. When Rose tried to go left off a high pick and got a step on Mike Bibby, there was Wade coming to the rescue, putting his body in front of a driving Rose at the foul line, forcing a kickout. And when the Heat trapped Rose on a high screen-and-roll with Joakim Noah, who was there to rotate promptly onto the 7-foot-1 Bulls center even though he was giving up eight inches?

Dwyane Wade. And not once, but routinely.

At one point in the third quarter, Wade picked up Noah after the center caught a pass off a screen from Rose. Noah was about 12 feet away from the rim just off the left block, and there was Wade harassing him. If you're looking for a defensive crescendo for the Heat in the second half, the moment when they begin to tighten the screws on the Bulls, this was it. With nowhere to go and Wade smothering him, Noah looked for anywhere he could pass the ball. Wade had Noah under such duress that Bosh darted over to pin the Bulls big man against the baseline. Noah eventually delivered a dangerous, leaping pass way back up top, but it was another empty possession for Chicago.

Aside from the small-on-big block of Boozer, none of these snippets is highlight reel material. They were subtle wrinkles in the larger fabric of the game. You don't hand a game ball to a guard for anticipating Deng's drive to the middle, beating the lanky forward to the spot, then forcing him to backtrack, as Wade did in the third quarter. But if we want to fully understand why Chicago struggled so mightily to get anything accomplished in the half court, we should start by looking at the work Wade did as a help defender.

For all the quality team defense Wade played in Game 2, his finest moments came during the Bulls' anemic fourth quarter. Chicago scored only 10 points in the period, and Wade spent the bulk of that time as Rose's primary defender. Rose failed to convert a field goal in the fourth quarter. In the 11 possessions Wade guarded Rose, the Bulls' point guard saw paint exactly three times. He earned a couple of trips to the line, once when he beat Wade with a left-handed drive (but missed the pair of free throws), the next when he rejected an Omer Asik screen and slithered away from Wade and drew another foul.

During the six-minute stretch he was guarded by Wade, Rose never attempted a field goal.

James relieved Wade midway through the fourth quarter, as Wade slid over to guard Deng -- who had no better success against Wade than Rose had. Yet Wade wasn't done tormenting Rose. With the Bulls on their last legs, down seven with 1:20 remaining in the game, Rose drew Wade on the switch. Rose tried to push ahead with the ball, but couldn't make a dent past 21 feet, so he reversed course and pitched the ball over to Deng, who sent it right back. Wade was locked in, yielding maybe 18 inches to the MVP. Rose took a single dribble to his left, then launched from beyond the arc.

The shot never reached the rim. Wade got his fingertips on the ball.
    nobody beating miami son. Not with that devastating perimeter defensive tandem of Wade, James and Battier (the addittion of battier is huge as it will allow Wade and lebron to roam with more playmaking opportunities on defense).. and of course chalmers is a good off ball defender, and Cole can play nose up D quite well. They will be DEVASTATING this playoff season when they turn it on. Absolutely devastating.

Business3587
    Business3587's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by PR9 View Post
    And what is that supposed to mean ? What does a "regular" season game have to do with the "post" season ? Were you one of the ones who looked at regular season records to predict a playoff series ?? you know, like the people who claimed that miami was 0-3 in the reg season so that must mean they'd lose in the playoffs to the bulls ?! RESULT = miami wins convincingly in 5. Or how about all the ones who claimed miami was 1-3 in the reg season vs boston ? RESULT = miami whips boston making them look silly in the postseason in 5 games (4-1 again) NEWSFLASH: as Riley and Spo have stated many times. They don't care much about regular season success. They don't even really game plan for reg season games.l The reg season is only a phase for lineups/rotations/sets/plays etc and preparing for the "post season". IE- The Heat under Riley were 2-8 against the Nets, Pistons and Mavs combined in the 2006 regular season. Later in the post season however, the Heat beat em all in 6 games or less. So come again ?? what does a regular season game even mean when it comes to a 2-weeks playoff series when teams really hunker down their game planning ? People always overreact to the regular season.
    Says the guy who needed Bosh and Lebron and STILL couldnt win.

Dutch
    Honky Lips
    Dutch's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 736

Quote Originally Posted by onlooker View Post
    Vegas has everyone where they want them now. People will start to fade the Heat after this difficult road trip, and get buried. That wouldn't surprise me, that's for certain.

I meant the Celtics. Vegas is showing them love with Chi -1 or whatever it was last night.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21413

If you're so sure, bet against miami winning the title.

Enjoy losing your money ;-)

I have my money on the right side.

ps- Bulls match up horribly against the Heat. Just having one shot creator on that entire bulls team is a mismatch made in heaven for Miami.. Derrick Rose was a putrid 10% shooting in the 4th quarters of that entire series for good reason:

http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/mia...game-2-defense

nobody beating miami son. Not with that devastating perimeter defensive tandem of Wade, James and Battier (the addittion of battier is huge as it will allow Wade and lebron to roam with more playmaking opportunities on defense).. and of course chalmers is a good off ball defender, and Cole can play nose up D quite well. They will be DEVASTATING this playoff season when they turn it on. Absolutely devastating.
    If they match up so bad why did they win their first 4 contests? Nonsense. Bulls played poorly and had some bad stretches cost them. They matched up quite nicely against Miami, but I'll be interested to see Cole against Rose, we didn't get a chance to see that last season obviously, and if Rip is healthy to see that dynamic.

zsr
    zsr's Avatar Become A Pro!

ok PR9. Like last year right? Miami is worse this year and the bulls got better. Bulls match up fantastic with Miami, not even sure what your talking about?

Of course we can go back and forth all day, let's wait till the playoffs.

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4327

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch View Post
    I meant the Celtics. Vegas is showing them love with Chi -1 or whatever it was last night.
    Oh. Seems this turned into a Heat thread. I got confused.

onlooker
    I'm still watching...

Quote Originally Posted by zsr View Post
    Miami is worse this year and the bulls got better.
    Sorry to step into your bashing, but how did the Heat get worse?

zsr

Sorry to step into your bashing, but how did the Heat get worse?
    They are playing worse. The things that cost them the championship last year have not changed.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

I don't think the Heat have gotten worse, that I won't agree with. I think both Miami and Chicago are better and have separated themselves from the rest of the East.

PR9

ok PR9. Like last year right? Miami is worse this year and the bulls got better. Bulls match up fantastic with Miami, not even sure what your talking about?
    How so ? ANY team that has only one good shot creator has no chance against Miami in a playoff series. Miami feeds off those teams. You MUST have muliple shot creators who are good at it to even have a chance against miami in a 7 game series. The Bulls simply do not have that critical element. PERIOD

Furthermore, Boozer is hot garbage on defense. Boozer has always had problems against length combined with quickness, and Bosh has both in spades. Here's a little reminder how Bosh was a beast against that Bulls front line in that series, using his quicks

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KkifS6KOuTU

99% of bulls fans were yelling and screaming for the bulls to replace the overrated Boozer with Taj Gibson. And Haslem >> Gibson

moreover, you MUST have good consistent outside shooting to stay with miami, and the bulls are very mediocre in that regard. RIP is obviously not enough. Furthermore, Noah does nothing. He has no offensive skills whatsoever and is just a put back player. He is also quite overrated defensively. There is good reason Thibs sat Noah out in the 4th quarters of that series preferring

The Heat match up terrific against the Bulls. And it was proven in that 7-game series when the teams actually game planned against each other (regular season means jack, the playoff series showed entirely differen match up opportunities and diffrerent strategies).. and of course, the Heat are a much better team this year, and will prove that in the post season - when it really counts.

Beating the Bulls again. And representing the East in the finals

onlooker
    I'm still watching...

They are playing worse. The things that cost them the championship last year have not changed.
    Only time will tell. We can't go off these last three games. They did terrible last year on the same West Coast trip. I don't think the Heat have won in Denver for like 10 games or so. Tough to play two in Cali, and go to the high elevation in Denver. No excuses, but that is tough to do with 3 games in 4 nights.

This season is going to be interesting to see how teams adjust minutes and rotations for the condensed season.

zsr

How so ? ANY team that has only one good shot creator has no chance against Miami in a playoff series. Miami feeds off those teams. You MUST have muliple shot creators who are good at it to even have a chance against miami in a 7 game series. The Bulls simply do not have tha

Furthermore, Boozer is hot garbage on defense. Boozer has always had problems against length combined with quickness, and Bosh has both in spades. Here's a little reminder how Bosh was a beast against that Bulls front line in that series, using his quicks

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KkifS6KOuTU

99% of bulls fans were yelling and screaming for the bulls to replace the overrated Boozer with Taj Gibson. And Haslem >> Gibson

moreover, you MUST have good consistent outside shooting to stay with miami, and the bulls are very mediocre in that regard. RIP is obviously not enough. Furthermore, Noah does nothing. He has no offensive skills whatsoever and is just a put back player. He is also quite overrated defensively. There is good reason Thibs sat Noah out in 4th quarters of that series.

The Heat match up terrific against the Bulls. And it was proven in that 7-game series when the teams actually game planned against each other (regular season means jack, the playoff series showed entirely differen match up opportunities and diffrerent strategies).. and of course, the Heat are a much better team this year, and will prove that in the post season - when it really counts.
    are you not aware that A. Boozer had turf toe and could not jump, B. Noah/taj/asik defend bosh,because obviously boozer is terrible defensively. Can't argue there.

Of course, the addition of rip and brewer developing a jump shot is huge and the bulls are much improved while Miami has regressed.

The bulls played as bad as any team can play and still should of win the series, imagine a healthy boozer and rip

This isnt NBA 2k12, Miami isn't going to roll through everyone like you thought last year, but apparently, you still think that. What will the excuse be now? Curry was injured?

onlooker
    I'm still watching...

Asik causes problems, I hope he gets injured again.

zsr

Only time will tell. We can't go off these last three games. They did terrible last year on the same West Coast trip. I don't think the Heat have won in Denver for like 10 games or so. Tough to play two in Cali, and go to the high elevation in Denver. No excuses, but that is tough to do with 3 games in 4 nights.

This season is going to be interesting to see how teams adjust minutes and rotations for the condensed season.
    I agree we can't go off the regular season too much, but these situations that we've seen the past 3 games are exactly why the didn't beat Dallas, I'm shocked that haven't improved at all and Lebron is playng like he did in the 4th in the finals.

We will see though like you said. Too early to tell.

onlooker
    I'm still watching...

I agree we can't go off the regular season too much, but these situations that we've seen the past 3 games are exactly why the didn't beat Dallas, I'm shocked that haven't improved at all and Lebron is playng like he did in the 4th in the finals.

We will see though like you said. Too early to tell.
    The only game Lebron did terrible, was against the Warriors I feel. Yes he missed key freethrows in LA, but he got to the line 10 times or so, and had good shot selection. He did good against the Nuggets in the 4th, but we could use the excuse of it being out of reach at the time.

onlooker
    I'm still watching...

The team that is clicking at the right time, and has less injuries, will take the title. It should be fun.

The one good thing about this 66 game marathon, is we get a sh!t load of games almost every day, and a lot of NBA drama.

zsr

The team that is clicking at the right time, and has less injuries, will take the title. It should be fun.

The one good thing about this 66 game marathon, is we get a sh!t load of games almost every day, and a lot of NBA drama.
    Agreed. Will be interesting, both teams are so far ahead of everyone else in the East they should do what barkley said and skip right to the ECF

They should make every season like this, all the back to backs are awesome. Non stop basketball

PR9

are you not aware that A. Boozer had turf toe and could not jump, B. Noah/taj/asik defend bosh,because obviously boozer is terrible defensively. Can't argue there.

Of course, the addition of rip and brewer developing a jump shot is huge and the bulls are much improved while Miami has regressed.

Boozer has ALways had problems with length combined with quickness. What part of that don't you understand? He can look good against the McRoberts of the world but not against a player like Bosh who has length with quickness when teams game plan it against Boozer the loozer.

and if you think miami has regressed you're delirious. Bibby was downright awful on D and offense, cole is a massive upgrade. And of course a healthy haslem this year who missed 60+ games last year and the addition of battier clearly makes miami a better team.

moreover, miami had 70% of the roster new last year. It was their first year together. Now with a year under their belt they are most certainly better. You can't compare the start of last season to the start of this one. They never looked as good last year compared to how they look cohesive as a unit at the start of this season when they're on and playing with energy

The bulls played as bad as any team can play and still should of win the series
    They looked poor because miami is a terrible matchup for them.

And again, RIP is NOT a shot creator. Do you even know what a shot creator even is ? Discussing anything with you is like talking to a child. No team can beat miami in a 7-game series with just one shot creator. This is why cleveland couldn't win in the playoffs with lebron. It is easy to defend a team when you spend a lot of time game planning for a 2-week playoff series against a team with just one good shot "CREATOR".

and why Rose only shot a PATHETIC 10% FG% in the 4th quarters of that series last season. The Bulls have matchup nightmares against this miami team. And Thibs and the bulls will have nightmares again this post season when they're ousted.

zsr

PR9 stop posting. At least onlooker is an intelligent heat fan.
    Last edited by zsr; 01-14-12 at 03:04 PM.

onlooker
    I'm still watching...

Agreed. Will be interesting, both teams are so far ahead of everyone else in the East they should do what barkley said and skip right to the ECF
    I'm interested to see how the 76ers do. Can they keep this pace up?

PR9

PR9 stop posting. Thanks.
    Sure. I'll stop now that you've been taken to school and totally owned. Thanks for playing.

zsr

I'm interested to see how the 76ers do. Can they keep this pace up?
    Yea I am too. They've played a cupcake schedule but there doing what there supposed to against bad teams. Hawes looks like an all star too, who saw that coming? I think the Knicks will be dangerous in a 7 game series too even though they look like garbage now.

onlooker
    I'm still watching...

cole is a massive upgrade.
    Cole is great, but he is a rookie, and I hope he can keep down the rookie mistakes. It helps that he has Lebron, Wade and Bosh to school him. That was a great pick up in the draft. Heat needs his penetration in the paint.

Good to see Bibby gone, but I think they could of used House's outside shooting. Though he was also hit or miss most of the time last year. It is probably a good thing he is gone too. Chalmers and Jones need to keep up the outside shooting.

zsr

Sure. I'll stop now that you've been taken to school and totally owned. Thanks for playing.
    you'll be on a new bandwagon once Miami loses in the playoffs, who's next? Dallas will be signing a max guy, maybe you'll jump on them? Maybe new jersey gets Dwight, how bout them! Knicks?

I destroyed every argument you made and you resorted too, YOU DON'T KNOW BASKETBALL! When actually, your the one who doesn't know basketball.

You trying to sound intelligent is laughable. It has nothing to with having "shot makers" lakers won two titles with one guy who could create a shot. Cleveland didn't win a championship because they had no big man and were simply not talented enough. Having shot makers has nothing to do with winning a championship.
    Last edited by zsr; 01-14-12 at 05:12 PM.

onlooker
    I'm still watching...

Yea I am too. They've played a cupcake schedule but there doing what there supposed to against bad teams. Hawes looks like an all star too, who saw that coming? I think the Knicks will be dangerous in a 7 game series too even though they look like garbage now.
    I'm sure the Hawks will let everyone down, again.
    Knicks. Even though they will be tough, Chandler isn't going to get everyone on the same page defensively.
    Last edited by onlooker; 01-14-12 at 02:45 PM.

zsr

Knicks. Even though they will be tough, Chandler isn't going to get everyone on the same page defensively.
    Yea, Atlanta would win the championship if they could play Orlando every round

Interested to see if baron comes in motivated and in shape, move shumpert to SG, they still look lost on offense and defense though. There 4th quarter game plans are the worst I've ever seen. Feed melo in the post and everyone stand and watch

onlooker
    I'm still watching...

Yea, Atlanta would win the championship if they could play Orlando every round
    I read your post wrong the first time, and thought you said Hawks, not Hawes. That is why I took out my Hawks comment.

Let me edit it back in.

zsr

I read your post wrong the first time, and thought you said Hawks, not Hawes. That is why I took out my Hawks comment.

Let me edit it back in.
    i was wondering where you got Atlanta from.

Koldazzice
    Koldazzice's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4245

sigh love these early posts - just like when someone posts game over when its 7-0 in a game. Let the season progress before you write off the celtics. F-n marbles dont understand there is still so many games to be played.....when the celtics don't make the playoffs then talk to me and re post this dribble

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

[quote=Koldazzice;13242051]sigh love these early posts - just like when someone posts game over when its 7-0 in a game. Let the season progress before you write off the celtics. F-n marbles dont understand there is still so many games to be played.....when the celtics don't make the playoffs then talk to me and re post this dribble[/quote]

Is that the bar? Being one of the top 8 in the East?

jstblaze
    jstblaze's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19

Heat will roll for a while now...

Vegas has everyone where they want them now. People will start to fade the Heat after this difficult road trip, and get buried. That wouldn't surprise me, that's for certain.
    This is the best time to bet the heat. I was waiting for a few losses.

jstblaze
    jstblaze's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19

Bibby is the worst player in the NBA...

Cole is great, but he is a rookie, and I hope he can keep down the rookie mistakes. It helps that he has Lebron, Wade and Bosh to school him. That was a great pick up in the draft. Heat needs his penetration in the paint.

Good to see Bibby gone, but I think they could of used House's outside shooting. Though he was also hit or miss most of the time last year. It is probably a good thing he is gone too. Chalmers and Jones need to keep up the outside shooting.
    They need to keep Jones in the rotation and get him confidence. Thought a big coaching mistake late season was not playing Jones enough. Eddie house was a great role player and great energy, he just lost a little too much in his step.

TR88
    TR88's Avatar Become A Pro!

Celtics will pound Pacers tonight

chantrain
    chantrain's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

I didn't read anything in this thread but Miami went on a losing streak last year too. There was a lot of drama and controversy about their losing streaks and they failed to hit game winning shots last year too, the big 3 were a combined 3-14 or something like that on game winning shots. AND the Heat had a terrible record against +.500 teams, AND the Bulls beat them 3 straight times.

Despite all that they still went to the finals.

So what I'm saying is, none of this shit matters. Losing streaks, trouble finishing games, who beats who...none of it matters.

If a Bulls fan doesn't think that the Heat will be their greatest obstacle come playoff time, they are crazy. Regardless of anything that happens in the regular season, Bulls fans and Heat fans have to know that they are the best teams in the East and theirs will be the toughest series.
    Last edited by chantrain; 01-14-12 at 04:32 PM.

First 12