Speedy88
    Speedy88's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1636

Lakers are a lot better with Howard. Mike Brown will then actually have to include the big men in the offense if Howard goes there. Right now there offense is just Kobe on the perimeter jacking up shots while everyone else just stands around.

Mikail
    Fader of GOY'S
    Mikail's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by hawley View Post
    there is no way Howard can end up at the Clippers this year.
    Your probably right. If he did they'd be the next dream team. Notice how nobody refers to the Heat as the dream team anymore.

wantitall4moi
    wantitall4moi's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3834

Bulls better than Miami right now. Clips are good and improving. Defense not nearly as bad as it was, and their rebounding has taken a major step forward with Reggie Evans. Free throws still horrible however. I would say it all comes down to home court, I think Clips can beat anyone on their home court, not so sure they can beat the best teams on the road right now.

Dwight Howard is instant defense for them but severely lessens their guard play which is very important. If they could get him for a first rounder, Jordan and Foye sure. But I think Mo Williams might be too much. Even though the salaries line up perfectly (Jordan and Williams) with Howards salary.

Howard to Clippers makes about 50 times more sense than Howard to Lakers. Which is why I said way back when they were talking all that mess that there was no way he would go there. He either goes to NJ and hope their young PG becomes a stud or he tries to get to the Clippers and play with the best PG in the business right now and for a long time to come.

Now according to the whole lock out mess this summer and the trying to kep the smaller market terms viable, the fairest thing would be to try and get him to stay in Orlando and try and get a quality point guard in there. Then you finagle a forward sometime the next season or maybe mid way through the season.

If the new CBA is worth anything it has to at least come close to getting these players resigned in these markets at an amount hat works and with players around them that can make them legit contenders.

testertips
    testertips's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 57

howard is beast but i like to see the clippers keep dj - he and blake are best buds. I think they have a good chance of keeping the current squad for years to come - who knows what will happen if a trade is made for dwight. I tend to think cp3 re-signs if they do well in the p-offs. They need to improve the bench before mucking with the starting line-up. It's also nice to see players you like grow through the years with the team.

Mikail
    Fader of GOY'S

The problem with the Lakers is they have no depth now. It makes you wonder what management was thinking. They traded off some diamonds in the rough. Raw talent like Shannon Brown. I know Lamar Odom wanted to be traded after the Gasol and Odom original trade didn't go down but Odom was the 6th man of the year. I suppose the Laker organization is trying to rebuild and the CP3 trade not happening was detrimental but what are they planning for the near future. Who is the future of the Lakers?

Mikail
    Fader of GOY'S

With the Clippers squeeking into the playoffs I only saw it fitting to bump this thread. Longshot? Yes but still a possibility. Heat will have their hands full in the east with Bulls, Thunder and whoever decides to make a "cinderella" type run.

First 12