phillip1969
    phillip1969's Avatar Become A Pro!

Last night LSU

I don't know guys but something just wasn't right about last night performance from LSU offense? Hmm almost a home game . Had the D but no O ? In the betting world I would almost have to question who's been paid to throw a game . Some players looked really suspect. Wonder who will be the next team under investigation ? Just a thought.

BIGDAY
    angelman.org
    BIGDAY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24866

Alabama was prepared. hit em hard at the start of the game. LSU turtled pal. Move on.

sweethook
    sweethook's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10428

7 mins into the game , j jefferson had only touched the ball twice and i said he had took the trade , bama would of won anyway but he didnt no it from the start but was gone make sure lsu was playing from behind. so more the reason to flat bet

iceaxe56
    iceaxe56's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 469

LSU d BUT No offense--it proved more than ever they were over-rated--alabam would have won last time but missed the field goals--Lsu taking a dive--could be-- but i just think they got their asses handed to them

DrStale
    DrStale's Avatar Become A Pro!

Now the whole team is throwing a national title game? Conspiracy theories and "fixes" could probably have their own subforum around here.
    Points Awarded:

SlickRick1382 gave DrStale 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Mikail
    Fader of GOY'S
    Mikail's Avatar Become A Pro!

I'd be the first to call it out if I see a fix but it does seem far fetched to lose a BCS Championship to make money.There wasn't any indication of some 'funny' stuff going on. Anything is possible I guess.

mikemca
    Update Status
    mikemca's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 98

It was almost the same as the first game where Bama blew 3 FGs so instead of losing 9-6 they could have won 15-9.The big difference was Trent Richardson broke one for a TD.I'll give you that Bama looked more prepared but that is going to happen with the type of layoff involved.

RyanLeafOfBets
    Team Dexter
    RyanLeafOfBets's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 191

Roll Tide

letsgo
    letsgo's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 30318

People are acting like LSU's offense dominated the first game or something like that, then got shutdown this game.

balls2wall
    balls2wall's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6601

good grief

The silly threads on these forums never cease to amaze me

Filmoz
    Filmoz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 793

Their offense just looked really really out of sync, and for some reason instead of getting fired up and staying persistent (it's only the national title game) they just got more and more dejected. Even when there was plenty of time left and they were down 9-0, then 12-0, still totally anybody's game, the body language on the sidelines was miserable. I took LSU like a square, I already knew I lost the bet just reading the body language. Really discouraging to see them not show up for the biggest game of their lives.

saratoga1927
    saratoga1927's Avatar Become A Pro!

lsu offense looked the same thru out this game as they did in the first half of the conf championship against georgia - jefferson just seems to be one of those QBs that can't really thro the ball and his running is way over rated. he also seemed outwitted - confused by the defense - not to mention looking like a deer staring into the headlights of an oncoming car. he took the apple - choked - dogged it -sucked big time!

saratoga1927
    saratoga1927's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Filmoz View Post
    Their offense just looked really really out of sync, and for some reason instead of getting fired up and staying persistent (it's only the national title game) they just got more and more dejected. Even when there was plenty of time left and they were down 9-0, then 12-0, still totally anybody's game, the body language on the sidelines was miserable. I took LSU like a square, I already knew I lost the bet just reading the body language. Really discouraging to see them not show up for the biggest game of their lives.
    totally agree!
    you could see jefferson's eyes telling the tale very early on in the first quarter - i played lsu plus points for the game but then doubled up on the other side at half laying .5 - first time i have ever taken a chance of middle myself but this one looked so obvious i had to take advantage. .

Deuce
    Eddie Mush
    Deuce's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3519

Better team won, plain and simple.

ezmoney
    ezmoney's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2557

LSU couldn't even get a first DOWN, was pathetic.

HUGE loss for me. Same with WI, Neb, Ohio St.

Not a good bowl season for me.

EZ

thekid667
    thekid667's Avatar Become A Pro!

I'm glad I stayed away from this one.

SportsMushroom
    SportsMushroom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6839

no this again

you lost money, get over it, when one team doesnt play the way you expect them to it doesnt mean they are on the take, it just means you did not handicap the game well

people who cry fix are nothing more than bad gamblers, and they are not bad because they lost a game, but because they dont understand how or why they lost it

iceaxe56

of course you don't know for sure if a team is on the take--but something is off when lsu comes out favored 2 and all of a sudden ala favored 2- at game time--You idiots actually don't think a bunch of college students would not throw a game for 1 million--you are in a dream worl-d --so much money is involved in vegas that you would be a fool not to think so.basketball happens every night--it is way easier shavig points

iceaxe56

Not crossing the 50 until 4 th quarter--think about it sports fans

PAULYPOKER
    I slipped Tricky Dick a hit of LSD!
    PAULYPOKER's Avatar Become A Pro!

The game is fixed only if you are on the losing side..........

Sam Odom
    Sam Odom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

DrStale
    DrStale's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by iceaxe56 View Post
    of course you don't know for sure if a team is on the take--but something is off when lsu comes out favored 2 and all of a sudden ala favored 2- at game time--You idiots actually don't think a bunch of college students would not throw a game for 1 million--you are in a dream worl-d --so much money is involved in vegas that you would be a fool not to think so.basketball happens every night--it is way easier shavig points
    You think 50 19 year-old football players can keep a secret about defrauding an entire country of sports fans in one of the biggest sports events of the year for millions of dollars....

...and we're the idiots.

Filmoz
    Filmoz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 793

Quote Originally Posted by DrStale View Post

You think 50 19 year-old football players can keep a secret about defrauding an entire country of sports fans in one of the biggest sports events of the year for millions of dollars....

...and we're the idiots.
    This. Sure, theoretically there is enough money around sports betting that an amount big enough to get kids to actually throw a game, even a big one, could be offered. But that then neglects the other half of the equation, the huge amount of secrecy that would be necessary to preserve. You know the saying, three people can keep a secret as long as two of them are dead.

I have no doubt fixes happen. But more along the lines of MAAC basketball where an 18 point favorite conveniently wins by 15, not the BCS championship game with a team actually having to deliberately lose the game rather than just win by less.

phillip1969
    phillip1969's Avatar Become A Pro!

Thank You for response. I was on the wrong side and yes the better team won. To all goodluck on all your bets

Hurls
    Hurls's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 663

the question/comment to les miles at the press conf. was right on but man it was an akward moment

iceaxe56

yep--and it doesn,t have to be 50 --only 4 or 4

iceaxe56

all they have to do is lose--no points involved

iceaxe56

If you watched the game---Lsu players quit--That doesn't happen unless for a reason--Go ahead and think that all is true in sports but its a fantasy

daimoshokage
    daimoshokage's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 57

OP went all-in on LSU! Fukking idiot!

balls2wall
    balls2wall's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6601

Give it a rest iceaxe

the friggin game was not fixed

nobody ever said no game is ever fixed, just that this one wasn't

LSU got their asses handed to them and laid down. Case closed

iceaxe56