InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year
    InTheDrink's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 527

Quote Originally Posted by ttwarrior1 View Post
    nobody under 21 should even be allowed on sbr, your showing your a loser just by being on here at 18 or 19 years old
    And you just show you're a loser every time you post

JMobile
    CM Punk -1000.5 (100X)
    JMobile's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26848

I work with a coworker who has her degree and we do same work and get paid about the same. I haven't got my degree yet. Still in school.

ngates815
    Hooked Nose J
    ngates815's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by dj_destroyer View Post
    6th year too bud, the joke has long been exhausted. Gotta love getting older while the bitches stay the
    same age, though!

23-24 year old guys going to Rihanna concerts?

I thought you were only 17, which would be "understandable" for going to that concert...but 24 years old and going to a Rihanna concert with another male.......

jesus h

griz
    FEB 2012 POTM
    griz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 607

Quote Originally Posted by ngates815 View Post
    23-24 year old guys going to Rihanna concerts? I thought you were only 17, which would be "understandable" for going to that concert...but 24 years old and going to a Rihanna concert with another male....... jesus h
    what the **** is a rhianna?

ByeShea
    ByeShea's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11612

Quote Originally Posted by Bengals28 View Post
    New semester starts in 3 hoursw, first class at 8am. Thinking about saying Fukk it with college. Why do I have to do something I hate? I hate school, everything about it.
    Son, part of being a Yale man means you've got to see the endeavor through.

(Disregard and drop out if it's not Yale we're talking about here.)

floridagolfer
    floridagolfer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12339

And what is it, exactly, do you want to do with your life? Given that any thought?

baskets
    Poster of the Month Twice a Month
    baskets's Avatar Become A Pro!

unless you're studying something like engineering or something of value, just drop out. however, probably want to finish the first 2 years so you have that core.... leaving open the possibility of finishing the last 2 years in the future

if you study art history, might as well take out 50k in loans and set it on fire

EmpireMaker
    EmpireMaker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 451

it gets tougher
    there are some hot women around
    classes get more directed toward your major later
    it's harder to go back later (easy to make excuses not to)
    better people/friends to meet than at a restaurant

blackbeSSt
    blackbeSSt's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by floridagolfer View Post
    And what is it, exactly, do you want to do with your life? Given that any thought?
    duh, post at sbr. its all we ever wanna do

floridagolfer
    floridagolfer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12339

Quote Originally Posted by blackbeSSt View Post
    duh, post at sbr. its all we ever wanna do
    Then I definitely would recommend getting a bachelor's degree, a masters and a doctorate.

BrickmanDE98
    BrickmanDE98's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 232

Quote Originally Posted by BEANTOWNJIM View Post
    BENGALS LOOK AROUND BEFORE YOU MAKE YOUR DECISION JJGOLD IS THE POSTER BOY FOR WHAT HAPPENS TO YOU IF YOU DROP OUT OF COLLEGE OR DONT HAVE A TRADE SO BEFORE YOU DROP OUT ASK YOURSELF DO I WANT TO BE JJGOLD THAT SHOULD SCARE THE KID INTO STAYING IN SCHOOL YOU CANT DO ANYTHING WITHOUT A DEGREE THESE DAYS EVEN THE KIDS ON THE BOSTON POLICE FORCE ARE NOW ALL COLLEGE EDUCATED.IN THE OLD DAYS YOU GOT OUT OF HIGH SCHOOL AND TRIED TO BECOME A COP AND GET A GOOD SALARY NOW YOU NEED A COLLEGE DEGREE TO EVEN DO THAT. THE AVERAGE SALARY FOR A BOSTON COP IS 100,OOO DOLLARS BENGALS DO THE RIGHT THING GET A DEGREE AND MOVE TO BOSTON AND TRY AND BECOME A BOSTON COP
    I second that

ramones951
    ramones951's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 891

Change majors. Everyone hates school, it sucks. But u just gotta do it and you'll make way more money in the long run

Cuse4tw
    Sharp Square
    Cuse4tw's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 144

dont stop now.....u will never go back if u quit now. ive heard that shit way too many times.

finishing up my degree @ cuse this semester....best 4 years of my life honestly

bradthebloke
    bradthebloke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 255

why dont you just go to community college first two years to see if its for you. its cheap as hell and then you can decide if you wanna drop the major cash on a bigger school. besides, always heard from interviewers it doesnt matter where you started college, just matters where you finished.

blackbeSSt
    blackbeSSt's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by bradthebloke View Post
    why dont you just go to community college first two years to see if its for you. its cheap as hell and then you can decide if you wanna drop the major cash on a bigger school. besides, always heard from interviewers it doesnt matter where you started college, just matters where you finished.
    damnit brad! yet another non full thread reader

Some more background for you guys, first off I'm at a local community college. Debt isn't a problem, atleast for these first 2 years. Secondly half the ppl in my classes are fat welfare moms. It sucks. I have a job and am bout to start another and quit my server job since I can't balance 2 jobs and keep my gpa up. Also my cars engine blew and I'm about a grand in the hole right now. Thinking about taking the semester off, working these 2 crap restaurant jobs 60-80 hours a week. By September I will hopefully have a decent used car and ready to come back.

AdamStock1983
    AdamStock1983's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 384

I made a post here on the first page recommending a drop out. I am a college grad myself. College is not what is once was. If you are going into a specialty field such as Dr. Lawyer Teacher Accountant that school is 100% necessary, but even getting a degree in any of the previous mentioned fields are tough. Outside of that I would not continue with my education, I would learn a trade or service that would be useful. We are in an economic depression now with unemployment rates at an all time high. Any job creation that get talked about by the president are all blue collar jobs. Nothing for the educated people. The older posters will tell you to stay in school but honestly they are not really aware of the circumstances that surround college graduates now days. They just think that you have to go to school to better yourself and it could not be further from the truth. Provide a service and work hard. Do not go into more debt for school. When you graduate most people have no idea where to look for jobs. Then if there are jobs they are unable to get them because they are competing with people who were laid off with years of experience for the same job. Who do you think employers are going to hire? There needs to be a student loan bailout because each year institutions of higher learning turn out millions of college grads into a job market that is over saturated. People who have jobs can't retire because the economy is so bad and there is a deficit of jobs to begin with. What then happens people with 4 plus year degrees are forced to take jobs that high school dropouts could do to make ends meet. They get stuck in the jobs making terrible money. Their top end earning potential per year is about 20 percent of what they owe in loans.

Long post. Be a hard worker and use your connections. Most importantly you need to go into a field where your services will be needed. The days of going to school to do what you love are over

Full Time Hobo
    In a Box
    Full Time Hobo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3676

Yeah, ask a bunch of degenerates if school is worth it.

Now my two cents

Stick with it.
    But have your major be specific. No liberal art bullshit or anything like philosophy.
    Do something specific that you enjoy.
    If not... enjoy the work force.

AdamStock1983

Quote Originally Posted by Full Time Hobo View Post
    Yeah, ask a bunch of degenerates if school is worth it.

Now my two cents

Stick with it.
    But have your major be specific. No liberal art bullshit or anything like philosophy.
    Do something specific that you enjoy.
    If not... enjoy the work force.
    Good words of advice. Stick with it. Any reasoning? Doing something specific that you enjoy does not really exist. People think dropping out of college is a bad thing and it has such a negative connotation to it. Times are changing and you have to adapt. I don't care what charts say about how much more a college grad makes. That was in the past moving forward things are changing. Just because you drop out does not make you dumb or a degenerate in this case due to all the things I mentioned I believe he will be ahead of the curve. College is a sham. Learn a trade and be a hard worker.

He is going to have to enjoy the workforce either way. The difference is without college he won't have debt that will prevent him from owning a house ever or having a life.

Full Time Hobo
    In a Box
    Full Time Hobo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3676

Quote Originally Posted by AdamStock1983 View Post
    Good words of advice. Stick with it. Any reasoning? Doing something specific that you enjoy does not really exist. People think dropping out of college is a bad thing and it has such a negative connotation to it. Times are changing and you have to adapt. I don't care what charts say about how much more a college grad makes. That was in the past moving forward things are changing. Just because you drop out does not make you dumb or a degenerate in this case due to all the things I mentioned I believe he will be ahead of the curve. College is a sham. Learn a trade and be a hard worker. He is going to have to enjoy the workforce either way. The difference is without college he won't have debt that will prevent him from owning a house ever or having a life.
    Can't believe I am actually responding to you...

The guy has no motivation to finish up community college and you are telling him good idea because its a sham anyways, and hard work outside of school is what's going to get him somewhere.

I don't know anything about you or where you're from, but around here, at least from my point of view, not having a degree gets me a much shorter list of the things I would like to do than having one does.
    Sure, adapt, but don't completely give up on school if you actually have a goal in mind. Getting a decent degree not always get you a better job but will most likely give you more opportunity. Finding something you enjoy will ease the process.

By the way...no where in my post did I mention that he is a degenerate or dumb. I was pointing out the fact that he is posting this thread on a sports gambling forum, where 99% here have no business giving him advice. And simply telling him to stick with it because he is most likely 19 or 20 and I was in the same position 2 years ago. I stuck with it, found something I enjoy and am pursuing it.

AdamStock1983

I posted earlier about myself on this. You are the exception not the rule. I have a 4 year degree. It is worthless, well check that, it is very pricey. It is not just me rather my generation, were all screwed. Education is so overrated! Colleges are about making money, not worried about your well being, just how many they can get in and fill their pockets with your tuition money. I am relatively young and I will never own a house or have a career because I decided to go to college. Things changed the economy changed. That is a very hard thing to come to grips with but it is the truth. Having a degree or not in this economy the jobs that are available are just about the same. So why spend more on education? You are going to be the applying and doing the same jobs with or without the degree so save your money.

FrozenMAN
    2020 Big Ten CHAMPS!
    FrozenMAN's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4112

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    I got kicked out of a few schools, although if I was to do again I would learn a trade

College??? If your not in an advanced school and in an advanced area as far as a degree your waisting your fukkin time

ME BOSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS..college grad comes in for a job..lazy, no work experience, zero social skills ect...applicant 2 comes in no college, hustler, aggressive, social..HE GETS FUKKIN JOB

Is Med School a Specialty Trade???

WE ALL KNOW YOU ARE A FUCKIN FOOT DOCTOR WITH ****** UP GNARLY TEETH!!!!!!!!!!

ADMIT IT DOCTA GOLD...ADMIT IT!!!!!!

FrozenMAN
    2020 Big Ten CHAMPS!

plus if you drop out you can push the ratio of bums on this site to over 16:1...currently at 15.59:1

and all the people hating on college....yes it blows but what do you want..you're there to learn...i got my bs and then ms in 1 year..and big deal about the cost, yes its a complete rip but that is why YOU GO FOR A LEGIT MAJOR...not some bullshit political science or gay history teacher........i didn't pay one dime of it but thats besides the point, i wouldn't be allowed to take some horsehsit major....its engineering and computer science is where its at, no question

and as the honrable judge smails said "the world needs ditch diggers"
    Last edited by FrozenMAN; 01-11-12 at 10:20 PM.

Bengals28
    Success is one thing, Impact is another
    Bengals28's Avatar Become A Pro!

I see a lot of people saying don't go fit a bs major. I'm thinking on accounting, is that good?

Gee
    Gee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2327

Haven't read the whole thread.

If you are in 2nd semester and can't handle it, don't waste your time - go learn a trade.

If you were anywhere past probably about 1/3rd of the way, dropping out would be very silly.

White Rhino
    White Rhino's Avatar Become A Pro!

Some more background for you guys, first off I'm at a local community college. Debt isn't a problem, atleast for these first 2 years.

Secondly half the ppl in my classes are fat welfare moms. It sucks. I have a job and am bout to start another and quit my server job since I can't balance 2 jobs and keep my gpa up.

Also my cars engine blew and I'm about a grand in the hole right now. Thinking about taking the semester off, working these 2 crap restaurant jobs 60-80 hours a week. By September I will hopefully have a decent used car and ready to come back.
    If you live in a decent size city take a trades job at an early age. You will move up the latter fast and make good money by the time you are about to start a family. Commercial Glazer is a good one, glass installer, working on the high rises in a big city will get you 50+ bucks an hour and its easy and exciting.

DOMINATER
    DOMINATER's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1180

if what you are saying is true,this is a major mistake if you drop out, believe me this will be disaster in your life. do anything you can to stay in no matter what you do borrow money if thats the problem ,don't quit major major mistake. there is no work out here stay in school. If not someday maybe 10 20 years from know you will regret you left. The coach is right a trade is great do you know how long it takes to be a master plumber or master electrician over 6 years and thats if you can get a job stay in school . my son was the same as you he finished school and makes almost$ 600,000 pr year he been a chiropracter for 20 years he lives in chicago, and he also is a sports medicine chiro and works for the cubs and bears .that brings in another $300,000. he also owns a physical therapy business which he has people run. all that from being like you he wanted to quit his first year. I had to go out and persuade him to stay. If you need some guidance let me know If I can't help I have plenty of friends good luck and stay in school only good things can happen

bradthebloke
    bradthebloke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 255

how old is the op. and at what point is it too late for someone who went to college and decided it wasnt worth it and try to go back and learn a new trade? 30? 40?

jetsjets1028
    jetsjets1028's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1363

that would probably be stupidest thing u can do

ClimbSomeRocks
    ClimbSomeRocks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 259

Depends on how intelligent you are... I got my degree in 4 years, went to class less than 50% of the time but studied hard the night before my tests. If you're a good test taker you can simply party hard and have the time of your life. Think of it as an investment. I'll be starting at 37k and working up to over 100k in the next 7 years. Pick a major that you can make money with, also something that you're interested in

coop
    coop's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 127

how about you get another 4.0 this semester, apply to a state school (inexpensive and easy to transfer in), party, hook up with chicks, smoke weed all day, and in 4 years be a leg ahead in life?????????

or you could be that kid who lives at home, works two shitty restaurant jobs, and when he saves up enough pimps out his 97 nissan altima and thinks he's a baller

Bengals28

Quote Originally Posted by coop View Post
    how about you get another 4.0 this semester, apply to a state school (inexpensive and easy to transfer in), party, hook up with chicks, smoke weed all day, and in 4 years be a leg ahead in life?????????

or you could be that kid who lives at home, works two shitty restaurant jobs, and when he saves up enough pimps out his 97 nissan altima and thinks he's a baller
    lol yeah don't wanna be the 2nd one.

Bengals28

Well boys I'm withdrawing for this semester. Gonna work these 2 jobs for the next 8 months, get my car, and come back in August ready to go.

FrozenMAN
    2020 Big Ten CHAMPS!

did this kid not listen to anything in this thread........Go Dig Me A Ditch Son, Preferably to China!

Ab34
    Ab34's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2836

what college you go to ?

ThaTopMoron
    Body-Bags
    ThaTopMoron's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6858

fukk college

First 1234 Last