Ez Money 77
    Ez Money 77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 91

Wow I am so happy I read this thread. I just recently started playing teasers and I don't bet a lot on them but I will do like 20 dollar 15 team big point open teasers. I too would have just assumed that the -110 line was the main line and not the alt line. I do like 13.5 point teasers and will just click on that without really looking at the regular lines much first. I had just assumed that the lines were off the -110 line. So when the lines would change 13.5 in either direction I would base the pick on just what I liked. Knowing that I might have 4 or 5 picks in there where I should be getting like +140 odds with the points I took really make me feel cheated on my 15 team teaser that gets the same odds regardless. Now sure I could go the other way and have teams that are laying more juice that I am not paying, but come on they are doing this for a reason and its not because they are trying to help me out. I am sure most of the sides I take are still the plus side and am losing out on a lot of money because of this. I am going to be more aware now and always check what the main lines are and if I am losing value in the total teaser. It might not change much for someone who takes a 2 team teaser and one team is supposed to be +100 but when its a 15 teamer and 4 should be + odds +120 or something, that is A LOT of value being lost.

Ez Money 77

I just checked and 3 of 4 of this weekends NFL games have main lines that are +113 +113 and +118. That is a significant amount we are losing out on these. All three are the favorites and the teaser line is greatly affected. In a normal 6 point football teaser instead of getting GB teased from -8.5 to 2.5 you would get them from 10 to 4. Baltimore instead of getting it from -7.5 to -1.5 they have it -9 to -3. New England should be -13.5 to -7.5 but instead it is -15 teased to -9. ALL THREE are huge differences. How is this okay? I mean we are betting a SIX point teaser for a reason. They are taking away 1.5, 1.5, and 1.5 points away from us and giving us nothing on the added odds these lines are supposed to offer. How is this okay? Its not like we are taking a 4.5 point teaser it is a 6 point teaser. I am so glad I read this thread thank you OP.

5mike5
    NA$CAR PSYCHIC
    5mike5's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 28998

it all depends on what side u take...the other side of the game side ur actually GAINING alot...its just the way it is and has been at 5dimes and pretty common knowledge..but they are the best book there is by far...ur only looking at the favorites, the other side is gaining extra point or 2, so definatley not only a nedative thing unless all u bet is favorites

the_situation
    the_situation's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6309

nothing wrong here, 5Dimes SHADES teaser lines meaning all favorites are usually 1-2pts higher for teasers
    it should have said when you were locking in your teaser what the line was.

the_situation
    the_situation's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6309

Quote Originally Posted by ThaWoj View Post
    yep good old teaser shading.

i actually (sometimes) like that they do this b/c i generally take dogs when i tease so this offers more value for me. im getting the dog, at say -135 or so, and my teaser is still paying as if it was -110.

they shade these teasers knowing the majority of the public takes the chalk and they try to make it go thru the key numbers -- e.g. saints will be 7 point chalk but theyll make the line saints -9.5 +140 or so that when u tease it down youll get -3.5 instead of under 3

Ez Money 77

Im sure it did say what the line is but the guy made a mistake and didn't really check and just assumed. Yeah this does go both ways and you can gain a point or two. The problem with this is the book is changing these to screw you. Come on we all know that taking The Giants +16 instead of +14.5 isnt a big deal but it is a big deal to get GB -4 instead of -2.5 that is such a huge difference on the favorites. If 5dimes would just adjust the odds on these somehow this wouldn't upset me as much as this does. Atleast I would feel I was getting something for getting screwed on the lines.

Ez Money 77

If you guys do higher than 6 point teasers and you do like taking the dogs you can really find value in these actually. Now it won't make a difference in the 6 point teasers most of the time thats why they are changing the lines but if you have say 10 point teaser or something higher then the 6 then you can take the dogs and be adding a lot of value.

5mike5
    NA$CAR PSYCHIC
    5mike5's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 28998

man we all know how it works, and the adv/dis(s)/...this isnt something new there, and they are by far the best option for players by far in U.S.

First 12