brahmabull117
    brahmabull117's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42

Why Are People Trying to Deny How Great Tebow was Yesterday???

LOL @ Ryan Clark injury meaning something, that dude is one of the worst cover safeties in the league

LOL @ People dissing tebow's completion percentage - he was 10-21 because I'd say 2/3 of those incompletions were balls thrown away due to pressure or drops by receivers

Dude played an absolutely incredible game yesterday, making about 5 or 6 throws that were every bit as good as anything I've seen by Drew Brees or Aaron Rodgers this year

ngates815
    Hooked Nose J
    ngates815's Avatar Become A Pro!

I don't think Tebow is gay brahma, so you might as well quit this nonsense now.

You aint gonna be getting his pecker in your asshole.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21617

He played his best game of the year. He also got great protection. He also missed some passes that a good qb doesn't miss. Every squirrel gets an acorn every now and then. Ultimately he is not s good NFL qb.

darkhat
    darkhat's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2882

He led a losing team to the playoffs, and torched the steelers D. Regardless of how "accurate" people say he is, It's pretty impressive imo.

brahmabull117

Quote Originally Posted by d2bets View Post
    He played his best game of the year. He also got great protection. He also missed some passes that a good qb doesn't miss. Every squirrel gets an acorn every now and then. Ultimately he is not s good NFL qb.

he missed really maybe 3 or 4 throws all game. Out of the 11 incompletions, I'd say maybe 7 were balls thrown away or just simply drops

The 10 completions were absolutely magnificient (several of which were perfect deep bombs). Take away maybe the 3 bad throws and I thought he was about as good as Drew Brees was on saturday

Considering Tebow faced statistically the best defense in the league last year, that's pretty impressive

dredmahawkus
    dredmahawkus's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19

Pittsburg challenged tebow to throw the ball deep and he answered. No matter how much you don't like him, something inside you has to wonder how he is getting this done! Anyone who is a sports fan has to appreciate this....too bad it's over next week in foxboro. It was a great ride!

big0mar
    SINGLE-DECK BLACKJACK
    big0mar's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3002

Still a below average passer

His running ability is what makes him great

milwaukee mike
    milwaukee mike's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7585

Quote Originally Posted by d2bets View Post
    if he's not a good nfl qb then i'll take a bad nfl qb like tebow over at least half of the "good" quarterbacks in the league that lead teams with better talent to worse records.

not too many people had denver in their final 8 teams projections at the start of the season. so i guess they only got there because they replaced a good qb with a bad one
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: SportsMushroom

big0mar
    SINGLE-DECK BLACKJACK

Quote Originally Posted by brahmabull117 View Post
    he missed really maybe 3 or 4 throws all game. Out of the 11 incompletions, I'd say maybe 7 were balls thrown away or just simply drops

The 10 completions were absolutely magnificient (several of which were perfect deep bombs). Take away maybe the 3 bad throws and I thought he was about as good as Drew Brees was on saturday

Considering Tebow faced statistically the best defense in the league last year, that's pretty impressive
    He was as good as Brees, but certainly not throwing the ball.

How many times did you see Tebow complete a pass against zone defense?

brahmabull117

Quote Originally Posted by big0mar View Post
    He was as good as Brees, but certainly not throwing the ball.
    considering the fact that they had a similar passer rating but tebow faced a vastly superior defense, I'd say Tebow was about as good as brees was

How many times did you see Tebow complete a pass against zone defense?

not much that I remember, but people were saying the book on tebow was to play tough bump and run man on man defense before the game (and that's what the steelers did)

Tebow just throw one magnificient deep ball after another, I don't understand how anybody is not impressed after that game

big0mar
    SINGLE-DECK BLACKJACK

considering the fact that they had a similar passer rating but tebow faced a vastly superior defense, I'd say Tebow was about as good as brees was

not much that I remember, but people were saying the book on tebow was to play tough bump and run man on man defense before the game (and that's what the steelers did)

Tebow just throw one magnificient deep ball after another, I don't understand how anybody is not impressed after that game
    Dude, just stop. Brees had safeties on the field. Tebow had 9 in the box, with man coverage, and no one over the top. It is much easier to complete deep passes when there is nobody over the top. You're comparing apples to oranges. Tebow played great because he's a monster running the ball. He's average, at best, as a passer.

will2survive
    STAY IN YO LANE!
    will2survive's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22

He was great! He was magical, pulling out miracles like he usually does. When he faces Brady and Belichick, he'll lose.

ttwarrior1
    ttwarrior1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9752

if eli manning goes 11 for 21 next week he would get buried by the media even if they won and clark is a good safety so your wrong

How come nobody wants to mention mendy was out, big ben was hurt, 2 o and 3 d lineman were out for the steelers

big0mar
    SINGLE-DECK BLACKJACK

Quote Originally Posted by ttwarrior1 View Post
    if eli manning goes 11 for 21 next week he would get buried by the media even if they won and clark is a good safety so your wrong

How come nobody wants to mention mendy was out, big ben was hurt, 2 o and 3 d lineman were out for the steelers
    If Eli Manning is drawing 9 in the box, then he absolutely deserves much praise.

bigsmitty
    bigsmitty's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 370

I didn't see much of the game (just a few highlights...thanks family...) but I was on PIT and from what I saw Tebow (and company of course) were stellar. If you disagree then that's your opinion but the reality is that Tim has seen the light and converted to Buddhism which won the game. Cheers

ebbearsfb1
    ebbearsfb1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1694

A) pitt secondary is crap trust me I watched every game b) ryan clark lead the team in tackles making sure everyone is in the right spots it was a major blow for him to not me out there

kfranz31
    kfranz31's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1914

trent dilfer or doug williams were not great qbs but both went to the super bowl.......its only his second year and fiirst real year..give him a break if he falls off next year then so be it

balls2wall
    balls2wall's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6601

Ok, I will play devil's advocate.

Why are there so many people slobbering all over the guy's rod? There were 17 Tebow threads on the first page of this forum this morning. There have been more created since then.

He is the most over hyped person I have ever seen in my life.

Sorry, I just don't get the love affair some have with the guy.

balls2wall

Quote Originally Posted by kfranz31 View Post
    trent dilfer or doug williams were not great qbs but both went to the super bowl.......its only his second year and fiirst real year..give him a break if he falls off next year then so be it

...and there was no one acting like they were the greatest qbs to ever walk the face of the earth. If Tebow got the same exposure as they did then there wouldn't be this great divide. The problem is all the Tebow lovers keep throwing him in everyone's face like he is the best qb in the league or something.

p19101
    Giants!
    p19101's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

I'm not sold but he is a rookie and he is doing a great job for being one. He can only improve from here on. I'm more excited about Cam Newton who looks really sharp...

balls2wall

Quote Originally Posted by p19101 View Post
    I'm not sold but he is a rookie and he is doing a great job for being one. He can only improve from here on. I'm more excited about Cam Newton who looks really sharp...

This is Tebow's second year.

I agree. I like what Cam is doing much more and it is his first year.

As a Titan's fan, I am also excited about how Jake Locker has looked when he has gotten in the game. Supposedly the qb job will be open for competition this spring in Nashville.

p19101
    Giants!
    p19101's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

Quote Originally Posted by balls2wall View Post
    This is Tebow's second year.

I agree. I like what Cam is doing much more and it is his first year.

As a Titan's fan, I am also excited about how Jake Locker has looked when he has gotten in the game. Supposedly the qb job will be open for competition this spring in Nashville.
    Yeah ok his second year but I was thinking of his first year playing for real as a full time starter. What did he play last year? 2 games from start and 3-4 where he came in late?

face
    face's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 201

tebow is pretty good. brady will smack him down.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21617

Drew Brees completed 33/43 passes. Brees completed more than 3x as many passes with less incompletions. Seriously, if you say stupid shit you're going to sound stupid.

God bless Tim Tebow his team won the game. He is still not a QB I'd want for my team for the future. Comparing him to Drew Brees is a joke.

milwaukee mike
    milwaukee mike's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7585

Quote Originally Posted by balls2wall View Post
    Ok, I will play devil's advocate.

Why are there so many people slobbering all over the guy's rod? There were 17 Tebow threads on the first page of this forum this morning. There have been more created since then.

He is the most over hyped person I have ever seen in my life.

Sorry, I just don't get the love affair some have with the guy.
    and yet you perpetuate it by posting 3 times in a thread about tebow

how many threads about any other quarterbacks have you posted 3 times in today?

he's a polarizing figure, one of the most entertaining guys in the history of the nfl whether you're rooting for OR against him

i have never in my life jumped up and down for a broncos touchdown and ran around the house screaming and celebrating. until last night.

kingdom
    kingdom's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1957

Quote Originally Posted by milwaukee mike View Post
    if he's not a good nfl qb then i'll take a bad nfl qb like tebow over at least half of the "good" quarterbacks in the league that lead teams with better talent to worse records.

not too many people had denver in their final 8 teams projections at the start of the season. so i guess they only got there because they replaced a good qb with a bad one
    The same qb he couldn't beat surrounded by kc chiefs in a win and your in playoff scenario. How quickly people forget that he played so horribly in only scoring 3 pts that it took a raider loss to get in the playoffs. Now say that he has had some amazing things happen in games to assist his team in winning is fair. But to say he is a good nfl qb is a completely different thing. The Hyde side of his game is always instantly forgotten. On a 3rd down in the 4th quarter with two minutes to play he missed an open receiver by 7 yards yesterday. a high school qb would not have missed as bad. Only other qb's that throws balls that bad are joey harrington and kyle boller. And isn't it interesting that brady, brees, and rodgers never have to throw 7 balls out of bounds? when you are a really good qb you know open in the nfl is a tight window and you have to put the ball there with pinpoint accuracy. Now is that something you can sit there and say honestly that Tebow is capable of that?
    btw, tebow's wins: losses:
    mia (non-playoff team) det (10-45)
    nyj (ditto) buff(yes, buffalo:14-40)
    minn(ditto) ne(23-41)
    oak(ditto) kc(3-7)
    kc(ditto)
    chi(ditto)
    sd(ditto)
    pitt(first win against +.500 team)
    still impressed?
    (didn't print out the exact way i typed, but the 7 wins were nailbiters against unimpressive teams during season. and losses were atrocious, scores are in parentheses.)
    Last edited by kingdom; 01-09-12 at 03:54 PM.

big0mar
    SINGLE-DECK BLACKJACK

does anyone look like they have a desire to tackle Tebow in the fourth quarter?

How many times do you see Tebow get tackled and knocked backward?

Guy is a monster and punishes people

big0mar
    SINGLE-DECK BLACKJACK

Defending Tebow is like fukking a bricker

You think it will be fun and easy

By the time its over you're physically beat up and just want it to end

balls2wall

Quote Originally Posted by milwaukee mike View Post
    and yet you perpetuate it by posting 3 times in a thread about tebow

how many threads about any other quarterbacks have you posted 3 times in today?

he's a polarizing figure, one of the most entertaining guys in the history of the nfl whether you're rooting for OR against him

i have never in my life jumped up and down for a broncos touchdown and ran around the house screaming and celebrating. until last night.

LOL, yeah I guess out of the 17 Tebow threads I took the bait and posted in one. The odds were against me not posting I suppose.

...and how many threads about other qbs were on the front page of the forum today? I am guessing there weren't any, but there were almost 20 on Timmy. That is kind of sad considering there are much better qbs in the league.

I have said it before, I like Tebow as a person. He is a good kid. The over hyping I can do without
    Last edited by balls2wall; 01-09-12 at 04:45 PM.

GunShard
    Invest In Ethereum And Bitcoin
    GunShard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1896

Tebow is Vick like.