TPowell
    TPowell's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 331

Strange Thinking

The best defenses in the NFC are obviously the 49ers and the Giants (if healthy and motivated). I would argue the Giants offense is just as good as the Saints and Packers. They have a better running game and Nicks-Cruz-Manningham is as good as any of the other 3 WR's of the Packers/Saints. If Eli Manning plays his best, the Giants are the best team in the NFC...... I live in Kentucky so I have no biases except maybe I value the running game more than the passing game. Anybody agree with my logic?

dodger33
    Kershnasty
    dodger33's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 244

2006/2007 season repeat

TPowell

speaking of repeats.... John Fox took Jake Delhomme to the Super Bowl, where does Tim Tebow take him?

dodger33
    Kershnasty

Quote Originally Posted by TPowell View Post
    speaking of repeats.... John Fox took Jake Delhomme to the Super Bowl, where does Tim Tebow take him?
    haha so true. maybe they win

FourLengthsClear
    King of the Idiots
    FourLengthsClear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 508

NYG may be more balanced on offense but is nowhere near as potent as the Saints/Packers. Even against a horrible performance by Atlanta they were flattered by on the scoreboard by 5 or 6 key 3rd and long conversions.

I wouldn't write them off for next week but with GB having several key players back from injury, the Giants being underdogs by more than a TD is completely understandable

TPowell

but do any of those guys make GB better running the football? If you can't run in the playoffs, you can't close out football games

FourLengthsClear
    King of the Idiots
    FourLengthsClear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 508

but do any of those guys make GB better running the football? If you can't run in the playoffs, you can't close out football games
    Historically you are right but the nature of the game has changed and is changing. Brees and Brady have thrown for more yards this year than any QB in history and they and their receivers are getting progressively more protection from officials.

It will be interesting to see how things pan out but I think Green Bay will handle the Gmen quite comfortably.

john230
    john230's Avatar Become A Pro!

The best defenses in the NFC are obviously the 49ers and the Giants (if healthy and motivated). I would argue the Giants offense is just as good as the Saints and Packers. They have a better running game and Nicks-Cruz-Manningham is as good as any of the other 3 WR's of the Packers/Saints. If Eli Manning plays his best, the Giants are the best team in the NFC...... I live in Kentucky so I have no biases except maybe I value the running game more than the passing game. Anybody agree with my logic?

Eli is not as good a QB as Rogers and Brees. He's just not as consistant. Over the long run I would take the Pack and Saints offense over the Gmen any day. Having said that, I would take the points with the Gmen and not sure about the 49'ers/Saints.

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1782

Giants have like 5% chance to win that game if that....going to shit the bed as the bandwagon is getting bigger.

If Niners beat the Saints, Giants have 0.00000000001% chance to beat the Packers.

ebbearsfb1
    ebbearsfb1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1694

Your thinking is right about 10 years ago when the running game was still valued... but now with everyone running short passes like saints and pats their just an extension to the run and those short passes with brady and brees throwing them are as safe as runs and keep the clock and chains moving

darkhat
    darkhat's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2882

I don't think the giants can hang with the saints. At all.

TPowell

wow wish I would have hedged my +700 SF to win NFC ticket with a NYG ticket

jayc88
    Update your status
    jayc88's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1151

Quote Originally Posted by k13 View Post
    Giants have like 5% chance to win that game if that....going to shit the bed as the bandwagon is getting bigger. If Niners beat the Saints, Giants have 0.00000000001% chance to beat the Packers.

SteveRyan
    SteveRyan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2995

^^^^ I know...

DOMINATER
    DOMINATER's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1180

giants have really gotten better as the year went on , people remember what they did weeks ago the bad games they are a real good team , I am a Patroits fan , and I must say when I think of them the thought respect comes to mind , they are much like Dallas ,but on steroids or STEROIDS LOL.

TPowell

should have took Giants futures when I posted this

dodger33
    Kershnasty

Quote Originally Posted by dodger33 View Post
    2006/2007 season repeat

Quote Originally Posted by k13 View Post
    Giants have like 5% chance to win that game if that....going to shit the bed as the bandwagon is getting bigger.

If Niners beat the Saints, Giants have 0.00000000001% chance to beat the Packers.