jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Soccer is getting bigger and bigger in the usa

Betting and viewing

Naz18
    Naz18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1940

Quote Originally Posted by WvGambler View Post
    This sums up other countries hatred towards America perfectly. We're dumb because their culture is gay
    You can have an opinion....that is different from being uninformed and ignorant.

Pokerjoe
    Pokerjoe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 307

Quote Originally Posted by ZetaPsi808 View Post

mathy spot on here as usual

soccer is the gayest sport in the world.

actually pathetic that people watch this sh*t
    Yeah, American football is so much less gay.

It's a game where beefy men grab each other and roll around together as much as they can, and where the action starts with one man bent over and another walking up to him and placing his hands on the bent over man's ass. All while pretending they aren't fags at heart and are playing the game for a reason other than the shower room later. Oh, and if they go in that shower and find a coach raping a boy, they don't hit the coach, they go see a higher level coach and ask "Hey, is it okay to have sex with boys? I thought we were only supposed to have sex with each other?"

Where the players are so dumb they have to be told what to do every. single. play. It has to be scripted and memorized in advance and they have to have a team meeting before each play so the least stupid one can say, "Uh, coach says, uh, go that way over there, uh, I think."

Where the fans are so dumb that they need to have the 7 minutes of actual action (that's about how much there is in a football game, btw) spread out over 3 or 4 hours, just so the dimwits can follow it.

Where replays have to be shown constantly so moron fans can say, "Wait, what happened? Okay, show it again, slower ... wait, what happened?"

Where parents feed their boys crap fast food and then tell them "It's good to be a fat turd in high school who'll end up with diabetes and bad knees for the rest of his life, because it will marginally increase our chance of winning one of the tens of thousands of games tonight, none of which anyone will care about later."

Oh, and where most games are decided by soccer players anyway, like in the BCS championship last night.

Soccer: for men who are sure they're men and don't mind playing a sport that women can also play because ... they like women.

US football: for men who have serious doubts about their sexuality and hope that if they just talk about football enough, everyone will think they're straight and no one will notice that they're obsessed with watching big beefy men grab each other and roll around together.

AND: I like football and soccer both, so I'm being deliberately unfair here just to show you soccer-hating fags that anyone can attack anyone else's sport. But for some reason, only US football fans attack soccer. No other fans of any other sports attack sports they don't follow. Why? Why are US football fans so insecure? It's very, very weird.

Pokerjoe
    Pokerjoe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 307

You know, it's really pathetic how SBR John and the rest of the staff here so completely embrace the racism, homophobia and anti-poor bigotry on this forum. And don't give us some BS about how SBR just supports freedom of speech. These threads could be shipped to the sub-forum designed for it.

This place is one step removed from stormfront. I will not post here further, because I don't want to contribute one little bit more to a site so morally repulsive. Yes, that gets filed in the department of "who gives a shit", but you something, bigots? Who gives a shit.

Pauulzcappin
    Pauulzcappin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 568

well, at least you don't have a break every 3 fukking minutes like the nfl.

its probably just so americans can grab another slice of pizza off the fridge

horja1
    Grrrrrr
    horja1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas_bond View Post
    California alone is wealthier than most countries in this list, combined.

You cant put the US and Luxemburg, Brunei or Iceland in the same basket. The differences are abysmal.
    Could be ... but all of them have a better life than 90% of the californians ... and that's the abysmal difference

horja1
    Grrrrrr

Quote Originally Posted by daneblazer View Post
    found this, pretty funny

Soccer is the most popular sport in the world for three very important and very social reasons:

1. The vast majority of the planet is (comparatively) poor. Not just poor, but dirt poor. So poor that clothes are a luxury. About half the planet lives this way, so it comes to pass that the most cherished form of social recreation is the one needing the least amount of upkeep, maintenance and investment. Soccer is the only sport in the world that needs next to nothing to play. All you need is a ball and, in some cases, not even that. Where a ball isn't available, use what's handy, like a sheep bladder, or a dog skull, or some rags wrapped together, so long as it can roll. And you can play it anywhere. In dirt, grass, gravel, any place where there is a flat surface, and hell, it's not really mandatory that the surface be completely flat. People will make-do with just about any locale. That makes it the most universal sport, accessible to every class, caste, and social status on the planet.
    2. The vast majority of the planet is (comparatively) stupid. As a result, the form of recreation most appreciated is the one that's easily understood by everybody; a game so simple that you can explain it to a retard while standing on one foot. There is really only one rule: Don't use your hands. Everyone can learn that. Everyone can understand that. It's the one sport that easily crosses language and cultural boundaries due to its simplicity. If you were sent to a foreign planet with instructions to teach the aliens one earth game, without knowing anything about their language, customs or culture, the one game you could teach them is soccer. Just think how far you'd get trying to explain the rules of football or hockey to foreigners who don't understand your language. Soccer doesn't have this problem. It is the one sport that transcends language, culture, race, and intelligence.
    3. The vast majority of the planet is (comparatively) untalented. Many sports require a certain level of coordination and an innate set of complex skills that need to be applied to enjoy them at an optimum level. Hitting a small flying ball, skating, throwing, tackling, catching. But anyone can kick a ball. Soccer is the one sport in the world that requires the lowest level of physical commitment to enjoy it on a personal level. It takes practically no time to learn how to play, and even less time to enjoy playing it. That makes it perfect for the most uncoordinated and unathletic people on the planet. It is perfect for the athletically optimal and sloven alike.
    let me guess: that was written by a ... REDNECK
    Points Awarded:

pavyracer gave horja1 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: pavyracer

mathdotcom
    mathdotcom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1943

Liars liars liars.

You will NOT find 100s of video clips of any other pro athlete falling and holding his face in pain and then getting back up in 2 seconds and going at full speed again. It is only soccer, and yes it's the refs fault but ALSO THE FANS for saying "it's part of the game" instead of turning the TV off until it is fixed.

If this started to happen in football or hockey, fans would not say it's just "part of the game". If you dive in hockey your own teammates give you shit in the locker room.

SportsPedagogy
    SportsPedagogy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 266

I swear to God you guys are pathetic. What is next ? Should we debate about what music is superior ? How about what colors are better ? I figure it would be fitting since most people in this thread already argue over preferences. Why don't we talk about who has the best family in this tread ? Seems fitting since everybody will defend their own just like everybody defends their own country... To each their own. Australians modified soccer as well. Who cares? People flop in all sports ... (see Miami heat)

horja1
    Grrrrrr

Quote Originally Posted by mathdotcom View Post
    Liars liars liars.

You will NOT find 100s of video clips of any other pro athlete falling and holding his face in pain and then getting back up in 2 seconds and going at full speed again.
    that's part of almost all team sports ... fake contacts to get an advantage for your team ... you can see that better in NBA ... the difference is that in soccer you have to act a little harder to fool the referee, but I've seen some good "actors" in NBA also.

mathdotcom

Quote Originally Posted by horja1 View Post
    that's part of almost all team sports ... fake contacts to get an advantage for your team ... you can see that better in NBA ... the difference is that in soccer you have to act a little harder to fool the referee, but I've seen some good "actors" in NBA also.
    this is the DUMBEST THING I'VE EVER READ ON SBR

Anytime a guy falls he gets a foul call

Look in the video -- half of those calls the ref ruled in favor of the ridiculous dive

unreal

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

That's a hell of an achievement, sir.

Roxxyfish
    finally i am on skype
    Roxxyfish's Avatar Become A Pro!

Look in the video -- half of those calls the ref ruled in favor of the ridiculous dive

unreal

That's a hell of an achievement, sir.
    i like you both guys,but please yanks dont talk about a sport you dont even know the right name for

stick to something that already the Neandertaler played called Baseball

btw this is so boring that not even childs play it here in europe
    Last edited by SBRAdmin3; 06-06-14 at 08:59 AM.

mathdotcom

hahahahahaha

no one can defend it or justify it so they change the subject to baseball being boring

hahahahahaha

this was not a discussion about what is more boring. It is to see if someone can show pro soccer players are NOT the biggest pussies in the world

horja1
    Grrrrrr

unreal
    Indeed ... very dumb of me to try to explain something to someone who will just be on the opposite side no matter what ... are you in politics by any chance?

Naz18

hahahahahaha no one can defend it or justify it so they change the subject to baseball being boring hahahahahaha this was not a discussion about what is more boring.

That's a lot of clubs and competitions around the world....

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

[quote=Roxxyfish;13195203]i like you both guys,but please yanks dont talk about a sport you dont even know the right name for

stick to something that already the Neandertaler played called Baseball

btw this is so boring that not even childs play it here in europe

Fwiw, I don't really mind soccer. I can watch the World Cup and other soccer events until after the first round or two when the US or Denmark are knocked out. It's just fun to needle soccer fan because they blow up so easily. I find it boring as watching grass grow, but to each their own.

BTW, I thought German beer was stronger than 5%? ...and I live in the South, don't ever call me a Yank

Naz18

Fwiw, I don't really mind soccer. I can watch the World Cup and other soccer events until after the first round or two when the US or Denmark are knocked out. It's just fun to needle soccer fan because they blow up so easily. I find it boring as watching grass grow, but to each their own. BTW, I thought German beer was stronger than 5%? ...and I live in the South, don't ever call me a Yank
    Say anything stupid with ignorance and you will get a lot of comments...

Ace_of_Spades
    Golazo De Riverrrr!
    Ace_of_Spades's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 79

LMAO, fellow posters. You cannot debate this, let the thread die. Soccer is too big to even try and debate.

First 123