lalakers088
    lalakers088's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 108

Quote Originally Posted by LT Profits View Post
    Houston's pass defense is better than 49ers pass defense, San Fran's strength is stopping the run, which isn't as important vs. Saints.
    Cmon now, I think we all know the significance of how a good run d affects the secondary.

MR.HARRYtheHAT
    MR.HARRYtheHAT's Avatar Become A Pro!

If the 49ers are going to beat the New Orleans Saints this Saturday,they're going to need big play's from their big rookies.They're going to need Aldon Smith to sack Drew Brees.They're going to need Kendall Hunter to share carries with Frank Gore, who may or may not be healthy.They're going to need fullback Bruce Miller to block for both running backs, and they're going to need cornerback Chris Culliver to cover the Saints' top wide receiver, Marques Colston, one-on-one frequently.Do you really think they have a snowball chance beat the Saints?? BIG NO !!!! 49ers offense won’t be able to keep up!! Everything must come to an end Jim Harbaugh?,even if New Orleans Saints travels to Candlestick on soggy grass, running inside a dome (also home field) on ‘flubber’ is easy??.Even if Brees has to be forced to throw,it won't matter,The game will be close in the 1st half but Saints make the right adjustments in the 2nd half.The 49ers have a good defense and running game,however if the Saints can hold Gore to 80 yds or less and make the 49er one dimensional like I suspect they will,the Saints will win – Saints running game is the most underrated in the NFL. Sprolie,Thomas,and Ivory all have different skills and Payton will throw in a wrinkle here and there,Brees and his receiver corp dominate the game!!! need I say more SBR members

Mr Handicapable
    Mr Handicapable's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 174

A team with a much weaker QB can beat the other team but they need the defense/running game to dominate. Flacco seems to have Brady's # head to head (and will again next week imo) but Baltimore gets consistent pressure up the middle on Brady and Ray Rice is the single best offensive weapon in that game. The 49ers strength on D is stopping the run....they allowed over 300 passing at home to the only real elite QBs they faced in Romo & Eli Manning. Gore is also no workhorse in his prime like Ray Rice. Brees is absolutely on fire....instantly going thru his progressions and putting the ball to his receivers in stride. Graham & Colston provide size mismatches while Sproles quickness does the same. Pierre Thomas looked like a monster last week too although Detroit tackles like $hit most of the time. Don't over think this...NO might be the best team in the NFL and will prob go to the SB if the Giants win or the weather in Lambeau is somewhat mild. Saints by a TD minimum

Ninersnut
    Money talks and bullshit runs marathons
    Ninersnut's Avatar Become A Pro!

Seems like you got it all figured out Mr. Handicapable.

Niners can get to the QB without blitzing hence why they sit everyone in coverage. It will be a good game but you make it seem like it's gonna be a walk in the park.

Mr Handicapable
    Mr Handicapable's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 174

Quote Originally Posted by Ninersnut View Post
    Seems like you got it all figured out Mr. Handicapable.

Niners can get to the QB without blitzing hence why they sit everyone in coverage. It will be a good game but you make it seem like it's gonna be a walk in the park.
    I haven't seen anyone get to Brees yet without blitzing atleast a guy or two. Their O-line and running game is very underrated by the public. At the same time...I don't think it will be business as usual for Brees like it is in the Superdome. Romo got 27 pts and Eli got 20 without Bradshaw. I'd say the Saints score in the 20s too. Looking at the other side of the ball we have Akers setting fg records while the Saints are scoring TDs. If Ginn breaks a return or someone gets a pick-6 off a tip or something then who knows? It will take something unusual and probably several somethings for SF to keep it close.

DA_MOSS
    Yepp
    DA_MOSS's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 412

Quote Originally Posted by Ninersnut View Post

Highly doubtful.. Saints have one of the best O-Line's in the NFL.. They're not getting to Brees without some sort of blitzing..

dodger33
    Kershnasty
    dodger33's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 244

Two words... turnover margin

str
    Nothing's easy
    str's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 68219

Outdoors QB ratings for Drew Brees this season = 96.4

Home QB ratings for Alex Smith this season = 99.8

Chimneyfish
    Chimneyfish's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1283

Quote Originally Posted by str View Post
    Outdoors QB ratings for Drew Brees this season = 96.4

Home QB ratings for Alex Smith this season = 99.8
    Good stat. Here's a related one that might surprise some people:

The 49ers this season have scored more points per game at home than the Saints have scored on the road.

fergie's balls
    fergie's balls's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 129

Quick question - I am playing Saints ml but missed out when good line came out...possible late 49er action gets it back down some, or just suck it up and play now? Any input is appreciated.

TPowell
    TPowell's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 331

sharps will lay into SF at +4.5 if it gets there.

New Orleans is other worldy indoors, but they've been beaten numerous times as a a huge favorite on the road with Brees.

The last time the home team was a dog in this round was in the mid 1990's if that says anything

fergie's balls
    fergie's balls's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 129

[quote=TPowell;13221573]sharps will lay into SF at +4.5 if it gets there.

wondering if we will see Saints -170 or -175 right before kick.

MidgetTossers
    MidgetTossers's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1501

Quote Originally Posted by TPowell View Post
    sharps will lay into SF at +4.5 if it gets there.

New Orleans is other worldy indoors, but they've been beaten numerous times as a a huge favorite on the road with Brees.

The last time the home team was a dog in this round was in the mid 1990's if that says anything
    yea that was Carolina in 1997..a 3.5 point dog and won 26-17 i believe

TPowell

Ninersnut
    Money talks and bullshit runs marathons
    Ninersnut's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by DA_MOSS View Post

Highly doubtful.. Saints have one of the best O-Line's in the NFL.. They're not getting to Brees without some sort of blitzing..

Anyone see Justin Smith yesterday?

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

Bad day for Jon Gruden and the refs yesterday

warriorfan707
    SBR Poster of the Milennium
    warriorfan707's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by MidgetTossers View Post
    yea that was Carolina in 1997..a 3.5 point dog and won 26-17 i believe
    I mentioned that game earlier as a comparison to this one, I remember, wasnt even aware of that stat

I said there were a lot of similarities between that game and this one and sure enough....

warriorfan707
    SBR Poster of the Milennium
    warriorfan707's Avatar Become A Pro!

Justin and Aldon Smith are so sick

TPowell

+700 ticket on SF to win the NFC. Hold on Giants!!!!

Chimneyfish
    Chimneyfish's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1283

Quote Originally Posted by warriorfan707 View Post
    Justin and Aldon Smith are so sick

First ... 2345