spankie
    Long Live Rodney!
    spankie's Avatar Become A Pro!

Is Tony Romo at fault for the Cowboys "lack of success"?

? what do you guys really think, if they had aaron rodgers or brees or brady would it be a different team?

yes/no?
    Points Awarded:

nyed1010 gave spankie 24 SBR Point(s) for this post.

TheCentaur
    TheCentaur's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 68

It's easy to get on Romo, but their d, especially Newman, got them in a big hole. Plus Eli played a great game

ebbearsfb1
    ebbearsfb1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1694

Nope... if you can't stop anybody doesn't matter who is playing qb

Jesus Christ
    Jesus Christ's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 83

Defense played like shit but Romo lead the Cowboys to 14 points on offense in that spot and that's just not good enough.

spurginobili
    Llano Estacado
    spurginobili's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 20493

Every year so many say the Cowboys have a lot of talent. No they don't. They have some nice players, but they're not loaded.

Postgame, Trent Dilfer mentioned that Romo doesn't have the pieces around him that other top quarterbacks do. Romo is a top 10 talent on a team with average to a little better than average NFL talent.

And the Cowboys have possibly the worst GM in the league: Jerry Jones; and until he decides to hire one it's hard to see much changing.

daimoshokage
    daimoshokage's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 57

GFY spankie!

puff

Landscaper
    Banned
    Landscaper's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by ebbearsfb1 View Post
    Patriots seem to do okay

Ace_of_Spades
    Golazo De Riverrrr!
    Ace_of_Spades's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 79

Defense sucks.

SportsPedagogy
    SportsPedagogy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 266

You could see it took Romo some time to get adjusted to playing with his swollen hand. He threw a bad pick, but it was that horrible call by Jason Garrett to run a QB sneak on 4th and 1 that really doomed them. I think Dallas is just to dysfunctional , Jerry jones is owner and GM, Jason Garrett is head coach and offensive coordinator. They also need a solid o-line cause there were times were Romo an the Runningbacks were hit instantly. Good game by Eli ! I know the Dallas secodary sucks, but he made plays when he had to.

The Kraken
    The Kraken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 532

Certainly a big part of it. Romo has thrown a lot of key interceptions throughout his career and failed to be successful beyond the stat sheets. However, put Romo on the Jets and he probably has a ring or two by now.

spankie
    Long Live Rodney!

it's honestly hard to sit back and watch year after year and say that tony romo doesnt have anything to do with it, this guy is a CHUMP. i think seriously about 50% of their failures are completely related to tony romos performance.. its fukin bullshit.

he needs to be replaced, and im sorry, but its true.

spankie
    Long Live Rodney!

Quote Originally Posted by daimoshokage View Post
    GFY spankie!

puff
    happy new year to you too!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Kraken

Spankie, sharp posts pal.

Cowboys need to pony up and trade Romo for Peyton Manning.

spankie
    Long Live Rodney!

Quote Originally Posted by The Kraken View Post
    Spankie, sharp posts pal.

Cowboys need to pony up and trade Romo for Peyton Manning.
    I would not be surprised if they try to get a new QB next year.. is that crazy to think???

The Kraken

Yes, Jones is committed to Romo, even to the demise of the team. Although I think Garrett will be gone. I remember right before firing Wade Phillips, Jerry Jones held a press conference and said Wades job was safe. Then another one right after the firing to introduce Garrett as the interim coach Phillips probably told him if Romo was gonna be the QB he wanted out.

Scorpion
    Update your status
    Scorpion's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15377

Tony Homo

The Kraken

Quote Originally Posted by Scorpion View Post
    Tony Homo

baskets
    Poster of the Month Twice a Month
    baskets's Avatar Become A Pro!

Mexican quarterback. That's all you need to say.

Now if you want Romo to be good, you just got to motivate him. You construct a 10-foot high border fence at the goal line.

The guy will get himself and his teammates over that border wall and into the endzone in an unstoppable fashion.

You just need to motivate Romo, that's all.

beerman2619
    beerman2619's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 459

Fact is look at the stats Romo is one of the top qb's in the game. 31 tds and 10 ints this season with a qb rating of 102 pro bowl numbers once again. Last season was hurt the majority of the season. The so called talent Romo has had to work with is BS. Cowboys haven't had a good offensive line since the 90s. Defense hasn't been good in quite sometime. Secondary is probably one of the worse in football obviously. Yes he has blown games course i don't know what qb hasn't. Look at all the coaches the Cowboys have had that hasn't helped. Haven't had a good head coach in a long time. Romo haters will continue to hate. Nothing the guy can do to make them change there mind. Guy played with broken ribs and a hand tonight the size of a grapefruit and played a very good game. Course quite a few drops tonight by Austin and couple by Felix didnt' help. Losing Murray vs the Giants didn't help. And playing behind a bunch of rookies on the o-line doesn't help. As i said i will look at Romos career numbers and put them up against the top qb's in the league. People can say he sucks all they want stats say otherwise.

beerman2619
    beerman2619's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 459

Quote Originally Posted by baskets View Post
    Mexican quarterback. That's all you need to say.

Now if you want Romo to be good, you just got to motivate him. You construct a 10-foot high border fence at the goal line.

The guy will get himself and his teammates over that border wall and into the endzone in an unstoppable fashion.

You just need to motivate Romo, that's all.
    Huh you saying Mark Sanchez is good

baskets
    Poster of the Month Twice a Month
    baskets's Avatar Become A Pro!

No, I'm saying Sanchez and Romo will never lead a team to the promised land.

End of story.

Just take out the trash.

The Kraken

Quote Originally Posted by beerman2619 View Post
    Fact is look at the stats Romo is one of the top qb's in the game. 31 tds and 10 ints this season with a qb rating of 102 pro bowl numbers once again. Last season was hurt the majority of the season. The so called talent Romo has had to work with is BS. Cowboys haven't had a good offensive line since the 90s. Defense hasn't been good in quite sometime. Secondary is probably one of the worse in football obviously. Yes he has blown games course i don't know what qb hasn't. Look at all the coaches the Cowboys have had that hasn't helped. Haven't had a good head coach in a long time. Romo haters will continue to hate. Nothing the guy can do to make them change there mind. Guy played with broken ribs and a hand tonight the size of a grapefruit and played a very good game. Course quite a few drops tonight by Austin and couple by Felix didnt' help. Losing Murray vs the Giants didn't help. And playing behind a bunch of rookies on the o-line doesn't help. As i said i will look at Romos career numbers and put them up against the top qb's in the league. People can say he sucks all they want stats say otherwise.
    Players are judged not just by stats but by W-L's, performances in big games, success in playoffs and championships. So, while Romo has good stats, he's failed in all other categories. Trent Dilfer was consistently more effective than Romo

McBa1n
    Update your status
    McBa1n's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 523

Lets be fair. Romo is not a big game player and never has been. However, on that Jacobs fumble, how many players were standing around doing nothing? That's what's wrong with Dallas. All the players have a radio show and think they are god's gift. I'm glad they are "America's Team", and always will be. Til Jerry Jones sells the team or passes, they will always have a 'me' mentality. Garrett is but a meat puppet for Jones. TEAMS win in the NFL. Not a bunch of individual tossers looking to troll ass. God bless them for doing that, but don't complain when you lose NFL games when you are really not that good - in fact, not even close to good enough. Might as well be Cleveland.

But I figure, everything in Texas is bigger, which includes the suck of the team with a poor leadership QB like Romo. Yes, that was a TEXAS sized abortion tonight. The Giants did EVERYTHING they could to let the cowgirls back into the game.. But the Girls just sucked harder. Romo has talent, he's just coddled too f'n much and he's not very bright. But then again, no team will live up to the hype in Jerry-ville, and that's why they underachive. They don't play as a team and you could see Cowgirl players quit all night on plays.

I love it only because the Cow-slappers are, far and away, my least favorite team after the Wank-mes. Best day of the season is when they are done for the year. They have a horribly bad coach meat puppet and the new Al Davis owner type. The meddling tool that ruins his own team. That said, god rest Al, he really was an NFL guy. Jerry Jones is as close to being an NFL guy as any old schmuck off of the streets. Blame Jones, not Romo... Although Romo is the epitome of why stats mean shitall in the NFL.

SportsPedagogy
    SportsPedagogy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 266

Pretty sure Romo made some big time throws to get Dallas back in that game. Pretty sure they are only big games when Romo loses. Pretty sure that INT was All Romos fault because he didnt see the defender. Pretty sure he still cut the lead to 7 and the defense couldnt stop the Giants....

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR
    Chi_archie's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2380

became a big fan of Romo after I traded for him in my fantasy league at mid season, right before he went on a tear

then he got me into the championship with a great performance,

but I lost the championship due to his game with the injured hand.....

all of this has nothing to do with the thread really. I do think, that this is one of those situations where the "monkey on the back" kinda gets to be such a big story it actually is almost a real live tangible detriment to a player or team.

like the Cubs Jinx, or Pitt basketball's horrible march madness showings, ect.

Scorpion
    Update your status
    Scorpion's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15377

You must be really bad to lose the Mexican Cup to Dirty Sanchez, NYJ Over Dallas

Tony Homo played like a Homo in that game too

Tony Homo sux donkey kok

thebestthereis
    thebestthereis's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8056

people talk about this crap constantly, it is ridiculous. it's like they like hearing themselves talk. there are a handful of elite qb's in the nfl that have the "it" factor to be a winner and win superbowls. it propagates through the entire team starting with the owner. all of the other fukkking teams and qb's are not winning anything until the entire organization is blown up, that is how it works. stop talking about tony romo and the cowboys, they are not winning a fukking thing under the current set-up. wow

4TH AND STUPID
    best NFL capper at SBR
    4TH AND STUPID's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1990

i really want to think the answer leans toward: NO....

BUT then i think about what rodgers, brees, roethlisberger, brady, peyton manning, stafford, cutler, etc would be able to accomplish with weapons like

1) miles austin
    2) dez bryant
    3) jason whitten
    4) kevin ogletree
    5) demarco murray, felix jones, etc etc

and i really think that those are some seriously dangerous weapons if a qb and coaching staff was able to consistently utilize them properly.

so im going to go on a limb here and say that YES, he is part of the problem.

dallas is going to have a confusing offseason ahead. id say their best bet is to forget about the offense for now and seriously beef up the defense, and give it one last shot with romo next year.

antifoil
    Update your status
    antifoil's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6611

this year dallas' defense did not make a big stop in a game

dlunc3
    dlunc3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1076

YES

Soxsfan9
    Update your status
    Soxsfan9's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 91

Quote Originally Posted by ebbearsfb1 View Post
    THIS!!

thebestthereis
    thebestthereis's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8056

defense is next to irrelevant these days, no elite qb and solid front office you won't win fukking squat, period end of the story.

dlunc3
    dlunc3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1076

Quote Originally Posted by Soxsfan9 View Post
    THIS!!
    tell that to brees, brady and rodgers... dallas has a better d then all three of their teams

Monitor-Tan
    Tony Romo of Daily Fantasy
    Monitor-Tan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 428

Tony Romo statistically is a very good QB. He's much better then Eli. Difference is Eli knows how to win games. He doesn't have the superstar talent but his in game smarts and the knowledge of what needs to get done is up there as one of the best. That something you can't put on "stats" paper. Eli knows how to win games and drive. Anyone would be willing to go with Eli when the game is on the line then Romo. Romo may put up better "stats" on paper, but I'll gladly take Eli to give me the W when I'm down and I need a win. That's the truth. And FYI, Eli just broke the single season most TD in the 4th Quarter at 15.. Previously tied with his brother Peyton and Johnny Unitas. I'd say that's a winning QB..

the scab man
    the scab man's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 138

Yes no chance it was Romo's fault. If they did have Brees, Rodgers, or Brady than they probably would be in the playoffs but you could say that about a handful of teams but they were good enough to win with romo. If garrett had any clock management skills they couldve easily had 2 more wins (only needed 1 of those 2 anyway)

123 Last