ebbearsfb1
    ebbearsfb1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1694

jj and crew this is why you dont let friends put/hold bets for you

So here's the story...so at 630 last night I txt 4 bets in don't get a response....50 bucks went 2 and 2 with these 9 o clock I txt in under 196 lakers to win 150....no response again.... in the past he hasn't responded but if he loses nothing the next dayso today he txts me and says sorry I didn't get your last play .so I say to him that's bs...its the 2nd time a bigger late play he hasn't got in... firs time was oilers win 3 0 for 300.... he comes back and tries to say o well last month I saved you cause you took bama minus 17 and they were minus 19.. which is bs cause when I txt him it was minus 17... and it was 220 bet... and he wanted me to pay 50 dollars for the mistake...I told him go piss in the wind.. its not my fault if you okay a bet for minus 17 when he is giving out 19... moral of the story bet online or bet with alocal who uses the web... I'm still up over 500 with him so its hard to push the issue but its the principle... guys know your bookie better than he knows you.. best wishes
    Last edited by ebbearsfb1; 12-30-11 at 11:36 AM.

jstblaze
    jstblaze's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19

GUY IS OBVIOUSLY NOT YOUR FRIEND!!!

PRETTY F'n CLEAR

wantitall4moi
    wantitall4moi's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3834

Seriously? I will tell you what I tell my wife....

CALL THE GUY AND TALK TO HIM. STOP TEXTING. Phones were created to TALK to people over long distances, now theyre mini type writers. With no accountability. People can claim they didnt get it or read it or whatever. If you TALK to he person then they have no excuse.

If you call the guy and he doesnt pickup then no one has any complaints. Dont even leave a message. If he is a degenerate thatcant answer his phone or screens his calls because he has bill collectors chasing him down you probably dont want him taking bets for you anyway.

Seriously the whole ******* world is a mess. My wife's family upset because she wasnt on Facebook for a couple days so they didnt know what she was up to. I called them all up on the phone and told them all to stop being so frigging stupid. if you want to communicate with someone call them and TALK to them stop relying on texts, facebook, twitter, or whatever other foolishness the sheep of the country are being sold a bill of good on. Then i just hung up on them.

You made fantasy bets with no confirmation with credited money, no post up, and youre upset because you think the guy might have lied to you? How many things are wrong with hat scenario?

ebbearsfb1

yeah bs... I'm done after this week with him... may go big on 2 nfl plays if they hit ill collect if not I'm even

sweep
    USA! USA! USA!
    sweep's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2457

Most locals I've dealt with/deal with usually shut down round 8:30pm or right after the last primetime game kicks off. Cant expect locals to be open 24/7....

ebbearsfb1

Okay well at 9 o clock the baylor game didn't start yet, and when its nba its gonna be different then nfl...and 9 o clock isn't really late unless ur 85

Br0nxer
    July 2012 Poster of the Month
    Br0nxer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 888

Thats rough

When i bet with a local back in the day it was an 800 number

Must of been an online book and i was just on credit side

Back then over 15 years ago i didnt even know about online books

I would never text in bets. Fukk that

ebbearsfb1

Yes but if u call someone they can say no I never spoke to u... that's he said she said... a text atleast is proof

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Why are you doing this EBEAR??

It seems like rookie stuff??

Br0nxer

Quote Originally Posted by ebbearsfb1 View Post
    Yes but if u call someone they can say no I never spoke to u... that's he said she said... a text atleast is proof
    I dont know

The local i bet with was connected. It was a high end operation

I never bet with a bubble gum local. When i called in i had a code. I wouldnt trust the guy if your texting him. Seems like amateur hour to me

ebbearsfb1

Don't have another option as far as a local goes... so i just 5 dimes for smaller amounts... I. Bumped a thread about a local you were a no show.. common jj help a brotha out

wantitall4moi

LMAO seriously? Proof to whom? You gonna use it in court as evidence as to why a guy should have taken your illegal bet so he must pay you?

To the guy who places th bets for you? Does he have a rule that says all texts timestamped are valid? If it was a third party guy then what? He is supposed to honor the bet if he didnt get it in?

Threads like these show the mentality of people, and why most books who want to take bets from players all left he US a long time ago. If it isnt pissing and moaning over a 10 dollar free play its complaining about a 25 charge for a 100 dollar withdrawal. or worrying about a side getting graded the exact second the final whistle sounds. it just isnt worth the hassle for what little bit of money they lose.

ebbearsfb1

Agreed bronxer... it was more a last resort rather than using just online

Br0nxer

Agreed bronxer... it was more a last resort rather than using online
    Best of luck
    Dont let the guy dick you

ebbearsfb1

Thanks bronxer.. not sure why wantitall is so angry... sorry I'm not a millionaire and 150 dollars could fill up my gas tank for the next month

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears
    thetrinity's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5536

heres the system i used for my guys. granted i only had 3 people so no need for anything fancy. they text me the bet i give them a text back with the amount and line. example would be parlay sf -3 pit -3 ne -7 50 wins 300. then i ask if its right and to confirm it and then the bets in. none of this him saying nothing back bs. we ran into 2 problems this season. first was a guy who said he bet the packers for 100 bucks in like week 5 and won, i show him i have no record in the texts he didnt keep his problem solved. problem 2, one guy sent a parlay right after the 1 pm games, i didnt get it til like 130 mainly because i wasnt paying attention. his games all looked good so i asked him if he wanted to keep it the 2nd i got it and he said he would. it would have been on me if i missed it IMO. they dont bet anything but football so it hasnt been a problem, but i think i would have to have a different way with more sports or more people. if u were going this route with ur "friend" i do think there should be a confirmation of some sort, or in this case since hes turning the bets in anyways, maybe a call would be more sufficient.

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears
    thetrinity's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5536

even when i bet online i try and double check everything. go to the open pending bets section and make sure i got the bet in right. definitely has to be some sort of double checking going on if you are doing this. via text.

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status
    MoneyLineDawg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

My friend passes bets...I send in bet for example jets -3 for 100 which is all -110 plays....he will text his guy the bet and will send me back "in".....if I don't get a response for over 10 min I will call him and ask him what's up.......the bookie he sends em to is very "liberal" with lines and takes almost all bets....very rarely texts back a line is bad

wantitall4moi

Thanks bronxer.. not sure why wantitall is so angry... sorry I'm not a millionaire and 150 dollars could fill up my gas tank for the next month
    Its not anger its trying to get people to use common sense. People have been coddled and had any sense of personal responsibility phased out of them. It is always someone elses fault even when you were clearly wrong, or dumb, or both.

When I was taking bets for guys and putting them in if a guy texted me or some bullshit like that I would have laughed in their face, and probably would have taken money if they lost even though I would never put in a texted bet. Just to teach them a lesson.

Verbal confirmation outweighs some make believe paper or electronic 'proof' of a play. You think the bookie is going to care if he says you owe him 3 dimes and you come back with where is your 'proof'? He would break your thumbs and make it really hard for you to text. Then if you got smart with him again he would probably break your jaw so you could talk and thus wouldnt have any way to make a bet unless you walked in and pointed to the team you wanted.

Honor and integrity among thieves, the greatest irony there is. Both sides are breaking the law but both sides trust verbal and unwritten communication in all dealings. Both know the consequences before hand as well.

Bcatswin
    Bcats Winning Everywhere
    Bcatswin's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5350

I text my local from time to time with my plays only because he requested me to saying he would be busy and would not be able to talk, but have never had a problem with him, known him most of my life so i guess it's different

wantitall4moi

Quote Originally Posted by Bcatswin View Post
    I text my local from time to time with my plays only because he requested me to saying he would be busy and would not be able to talk, but have never had a problem with him, known him most of my life so i guess it's different
    if it is a DIRECT link to the bookie and he takes them regardless of whether or not he sees them then sure. That is an unwritten rule you will have with him. As long as one of you can show the text and the time stamp. No issue with that. Obviously calling is best but if phone is busy and getting close to game time and the rules are accepted by everyone then sure.

None of this "I hope he didnt see that text" nonsense and you delete it and claim you didnt send it. Or even him deleting after writing it down. It gets sent it is in play.

Only issue there is the actual line. If you put -6 in there and he is at -5.5 then your stuck with the 6. If it is 6.5 he can then try and get back and tell you or you have another understanding that his line works, but try to verify what it is before too much time goes by.

Problem is most guys think book makers are doing them a favor or are entitled to take their bets and give them the best of it. Bookmaking is a business. I know most guys dont take their side seriously but bookmakers have to.