Jordan23
    Jordan23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 283

Yeah, no.... yeah, no......

Mikail
    Fader of GOY'S
    Mikail's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Tree Rollins View Post
    What does every fighter say? What else would he say?

"oh, i just had half of my inside's removed and have fought once in the last year and half. If i peak, i'll probably be 70% of the fighter i ever was before my insides started to rot"

Below is Brock Lesnar before his insides died. You can't honestly say this is the guy you saw tonight.
    Again, Yeah. I know this and I never said he was in the same shape. All I said is he can't take a hit and he would lose easily tonight. What's your point?

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR
    Chi_archie's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2368

agreed Mikail

a glass jaw is glass at 145 lbs or 325 lbs

Tree Rollins
    Tree Rollins's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1029

Quote Originally Posted by Mikail View Post
    Again, Yeah. I know this and I never said he was in the same shape. All I said is he can't take a hit and he would lose easily tonight. What's your point?
    What was yours?

Mikail
    Fader of GOY'S

What was yours?
    That Lesnar needs to hang it up. Which he did!

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1824

His arms looked weak, he looked like shit, looked scared, looked like he already retired.

Kind of makes a mockery of the "sport"

Tree Rollins

That Lesnar needs to hang it up. Which he did!
    No shit. Tell me something everyone doesn't already know. The guy is lucky to be alive. Much less fight the toughest men in the world.

Mikail
    Fader of GOY'S

No shit. Tell me something everyone doesn't already know. The guy is lucky to be alive. Much less fight the toughest men in the world.
    He shouldn't of even taken this fight. I hit Overeem for the max. You?

Tree Rollins

He shouldn't of even taken this fight. I hit Overeem for the max. You?
    I hit him for triple the max.

wantitall4moi
    wantitall4moi's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3834

Quote Originally Posted by wantitall4moi View Post
    Depends on how they write it. I figure Lesner is done they make it look good, he loses a decison and he goes back the the WWE. Then maybe if he is healthy enough in a year or so and they build this other guy up enough they have Lesner leave WWE again and come back and either win or lose badly making the guy a 'legend'.

So it can be a cross promotional windfall for everyone. Enough losers still watch WWE to make it viable, and enough losers think MMA is still real to make it the big thing in 'sports' right now. If Vine and Dana White are as smart at business as people think they are this is a gold mine.

But I think Dana White is still trying to make his sport legit and trying to get it really main stream. That network primetime fight was a disaster for that though. So he still thinks WWE is his biggest competition in terms of PPV sales. So he might still want to keep himself distanced from them, but still use the comparisons to his advantage.

But I would say it is 80% Lesner loses and 'retires'.
    sharpest post was the second post in the thread

Thor4140
    Thor4140's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22125

sharpest post was the second post in the thread

Yeah it was real sharp. Especially the part where he says MMA is fake. That was quite and act Fitch pulled off the way the back of his head hit the canvas after that punch or the way Cerrone took all those punches in the face from Diaz. I even thought i saw Cerrone use a blood capsule when he went to his corner between rounds. U have to be a complete nitwit to think MMA is fake.
    Points Awarded:

Tree Rollins gave Thor4140 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

wantitall4moi

Quote Originally Posted by Thor4140 View Post
    Yeah it was real sharp. Especially the part where he says MMA is fake. That was quite and act Fitch pulled off the way the back of his head hit the canvas after that punch or the way Cerrone took all those punches in the face from Diaz. I even thought i saw Cerrone use a blood capsule when he went to his corner between rounds. U have to be a complete nitwit to think MMA is fake.
    Its fake. I suppose Owen Hart dying makes wrestling real? Or guys getting broken necks? Or shredded knees and knocked unconscious? 95% of all wrestler have had some sort of surgery. Getting hurt and slammed around doesnt make wrestling any more real than it does in the MMA. Outcomes are pre determined and they push and script guys and characters just like the wrestling world does. They just dont make it as cartoonish as theyre still trying to make it appear real to keep guys buying these 50 dollar PPV with 45 second fights.

Which is all part of the plan, they make the fights short or decisive to help keep the appearance of it being real as a 'good' fight would mean it was more scripted and they wanted to maximize the entertainment value. So its 'reality' is based on the perception that guys get hurt and the fights are too quick to be scripted. Which is the same logic as any gamblers fallacy uses.

TodayIsForgotten
    TodayIsForgotten's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 615

Its fake. I suppose Owen Hart dying makes wrestling real? Or guys getting broken necks? Or shredded knees and knocked unconscious? 95% of all wrestler have had some sort of surgery. Getting hurt and slammed around doesnt make wrestling any more real than it does in the MMA. Outcomes are pre determined and they push and script guys and characters just like the wrestling world does. They just dont make it as cartoonish as theyre still trying to make it appear real to keep guys buying these 50 dollar PPV with 45 second fights.

Which is all part of the plan, they make the fights short or decisive to help keep the appearance of it being real as a 'good' fight would mean it was more scripted and they wanted to maximize the entertainment value. So its 'reality' is based on the perception that guys get hurt and the fights are too quick to be scripted. Which is the same logic as any gamblers fallacy uses.
    Kinda makes you wonder when the janitor is blocking 5 of 6 punches minus the shoulder blade punch and they stop the fight. But the Namm kid in the prelimines just gets annihilated over and over and the fight keeps going. Whats up with that BS?

5mike5
    NA$CAR PSYCHIC
    5mike5's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 29042

this dude has to be on medication..

Thor4140

If u want to say some of the judging on decisions are rigged im with ya but trying to say the fights are rigged is about as dumb as it gets or these guys are the greatest actors in the history of sports. The way Fitched took that shot and slammed the back of his head to the canvas would have won an Oscar of the night. Comparing this with professional wrestling is about as big of a joke as ur post.

wantitall4moi

Quote Originally Posted by Thor4140 View Post
    If u want to say some of the judging on decisions are rigged im with ya but trying to say the fights are rigged is about as dumb as it gets or these guys are the greatest actors in the history of sports. The way Fitched took that shot and slammed the back of his head to the canvas would have won an Oscar of the night. Comparing this with professional wrestling is about as big of a joke as ur post.
    Guys make mistakes, it happens. Of course some stuff is going to look and even be bad. Like I say wrestlers get broken necks all the time and that is extremely controlled and choreographed. When i watched wrestling I saw guys get their teeth kicked out, their backs cut up on broken tables or chairs split and cut guys wide open. Seen guys thrown to the mat and get dislocated arms, elbows, shoulders yu name it. So any time there is physicality there is a chance for injury. But in MMA there is supposedly so much physicality there should be an injury every fight just about. But there isnt. Which is why it is ironic that guys cite injuries as to why it is 'real'. Wrestling is fake and has way more injuries than a supposed 'real' sport does.

Why do you think guys turtle and lay down so much? To avoid those throws that are more difficult to control and make look real. Also when you get a guy down and are pounding on them it looks a lot worse than it really is. Its all camera angles and video tricks, plus most of the 'money' shots are getting filmed through the wire not a clear shot of the full action.

The most real fight any of these guys have had was when that dude just kicked this shit out of the guy who tried to mug him. Too bad they didnt get that on tape so you could see the difference. But there are pictures of the guys face. And while some guys are bruised up after a fight I dont ever remember seeing any of them look like that guy. Yeah I know I know the guys in MMA are 'trained'. No one is trained to not get bloodied and split open if they get hit in the face a dozen times.

Kaladarus
    Kaladarus's Avatar Become A Pro!

Guys make mistakes, it happens. Of course some stuff is going to look and even be bad. Like I say wrestlers get broken necks all the time and that is extremely controlled and choreographed. When i watched wrestling I saw guys get their teeth kicked out, their backs cut up on broken tables or chairs split and cut guys wide open. Seen guys thrown to the mat and get dislocated arms, elbows, shoulders yu name it. So any time there is physicality there is a chance for injury. But in MMA there is supposedly so much physicality there should be an injury every fight just about. But there isnt. Which is why it is ironic that guys cite injuries as to why it is 'real'. Wrestling is fake and has way more injuries than a supposed 'real' sport does.

Why do you think guys turtle and lay down so much? To avoid those throws that are more difficult to control and make look real. Also when you get a guy down and are pounding on them it looks a lot worse than it really is. Its all camera angles and video tricks, plus most of the 'money' shots are getting filmed through the wire not a clear shot of the full action.

The most real fight any of these guys have had was when that dude just kicked this shit out of the guy who tried to mug him. Too bad they didnt get that on tape so you could see the difference. But there are pictures of the guys face. And while some guys are bruised up after a fight I dont ever remember seeing any of them look like that guy. Yeah I know I know the guys in MMA are 'trained'. No one is trained to not get bloodied and split open if they get hit in the face a dozen times.

That's another mystery solved. Good job Sherlock, you got to the bottom of this and fast.

Thor4140

i have to respectfully leave this conversation. To equate wrestling injuries with MMA injuries is about as ridiculous as it gets. Wrestlers get injured because of accidents. MMA fighters get injured because of beatings. The doctors check every fighter after every match in the ufc. IN wrestling the doctor sits in his chair most nights and waits for an injury and doesn't check anyone after a match unless there is an accidental injury. How many MMA fights have u even watched? The way Diaz face as well as Cerrones was all busted up was part of acting? The Shogun /Hendo fight was all acting

hels
    hels's Avatar Become A Pro!

wantitall4moi is now officially the biggest hamburger of sbr.

hels

Georges St. Pierre has won Canadian Athlete of the Year. This award does not go too wwf pretend fighters.

Lesnar was getting $400,000 to show up with no fight bonus. Overeem got ~$222,000 to show up and another ~$120,000 if he won (these numbers are close to the actual figures, I just don't feel like going and looking them up again). So, how has the incentive to win? Who do you think the UFC wanted to win? There was no 'script' it's just they have their own way offering incentives.

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1824

Quote Originally Posted by hels View Post
    Georges St. Pierre has won Canadian Athlete of the Year. This award does not go too wwf pretend fighters.
    Brett Hart was listed in the top 50 of Greatest Canadians EVER.

Always listed as top 5 most popular Canadian Athletes.

In 10, 20 years no one will even remember GSP.

hels

Quote Originally Posted by k13 View Post
    Brett Hart was listed in the top 50 of Greatest Canadians EVER. Always listed as top 5 most popular Canadian Athletes. In 10, 20 years no one will even remember GSP.
    Wrestling used to be much more popular and before the days of the internet there was much more belief that wrestling was 'more real.' Nowadays, everyone knows it's completely scripted. 20 years ago (even 10 years ago) there was much more belief.

Winnipeg Jets
    Winnipeg Jets's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1459

i can fondly remember the A W A when it was in it's prime. great wrestlers like the crusher....nick bockwinkle...maddog and butcher vachon...larry the axe henning...billy robinson....the list goes on and on.

many of the wrestlers today just don't have the skills.

Vitooch
    Dayman
    Vitooch's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 159

Quote Originally Posted by k13 View Post
    Overeem is a wannabe bully who'll cry and turtle once someone fights back at him. No jaw, no cardio, little skills.

Just cause he juiced up people think he's unstoppable now. He's beat no one good.

Who knows which Lesner shows up but doubt the fight goes very long.

btw, most UFC people are cheering against Lesner even though he's american.
    Little skills? lol

First 123