hels
    hels's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Chi_archie View Post
    Someone needs to start a concussion syndrome league.... Get guys like crosby and lindros...... No hitting.... It will be like a skills league 4 on 4 fast paced with Mario and Gretzky like plays. You'd get a lot of foreign players after awhile. Hell during intermissions you could hire old goons like George's laroque to fight stu grimson
    I like this idea, it is sort of like arena football.
    It would be pretty entertaining to watch a 3v3 or 4v4 summer league. Could play 3x20min periods with no stoppages. Offside the defensive team would be given inside their blueline to take puck out. Penalties would have the player go to the box while play is still on etc etc. Only stoppages would be for goals when they would have a 30 second commercial break or something. Lots of young players would be happy to play in a league like this as it would be completely offensive minded.

muldoon
    muldoon's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by hels View Post
    There is no way that in the past there were 'tons of concussions.' You didn't see players bounce their heads off the ice. You didn't see players skating with their heads down in the middle of the ice. If you gave someone a head shot (either purposely or accident) you were going to get the shit beat of you.

If you ever watched Gretzky play you would understand how and why he was not hit.
    For starters, I grew up watching Gretzky play many times in person. So I've got that covered thanks.

Secondly, I'm related to a long ago retired HOF goalie (PM me if you're curious - I don't want to drop names in here like some douche) - and have spent countless Sundays and holidays at his acreage and have met dozens of former old time players and have discussed the concussion situation at great length.

Their response almost to a man has been that there used to be cute terms like "playing through the fog" or "playing through the yellow" for guys who got their "bell rung" (Playing through the yellow refers to the yellow film you see over everything when you have a severe concussion). Chronic migraines and poor memories plague these guys.

IMO - concussions today are in part because of the equipment and player size, and mostly accounted for like autism statistics (now that we know what to look for - we find more of them)

Just my opinion though.

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR
    Chi_archie's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2260

yeah we just wanna watch Offensive skills Hels

Sam Odom
    Sam Odom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

Tuesday, Jan 31st

Crosby suffering from soft tissue injury in neck

PITTSBURGH (AP)—Pittsburgh Penguins star Sidney Crosby is suffering from a soft tissue injury in his neck that could lead to neurological problems.

Sidney Crosby is having a recurrence of the problems that sidelined him for more than 10 months earlier this year.

Crosby and Penguins owner Mario Lemieux met with spinal trauma expert Dr. Alexander Vaccaro in Philadelphia on Monday to review a series of recent tests on the 2009 NHL MVP.

Vaccaro determined an MRI and CAT scan revealed no evidence of a fracture in Crosby’s neck, instead confirming a California doctor’s diagnosis that Crosby is dealing with a separate neck problem.

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR

heard this on the radio. I guess it is good that its not bone or structural, but I doubt we see him ever be like he used to be

PuckIt
    See Premonition Below
    PuckIt's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 31

So is it a tissue issue or a fractured vertebrae?

Deuce
    Eddie Mush
    Deuce's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3519

Quote Originally Posted by PuckIt View Post
    So is it a tissue issue or a fractured vertebrae?
    Tissue

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR

tissue paper skinned crosby

wussy

Deuce
    Eddie Mush
    Deuce's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3519

Quote Originally Posted by Chi_archie View Post
    tissue paper skinned crosby

wussy
    Tremendous skill but he needs to take note from the greats like Mario, Wayne, Gordie, and Stevey. Stop diving and playing like a fukking pussy.

Sam Odom
    Sam Odom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

2 years later

Penguins' Sidney Crosby should win NHL's most valuable player award

http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-...#axzz2ynkaDeps

And...

Crosby is far and away the league’s best

http://www.buffalonews.com/columns/j...-best-20140412

Robber
    Robber's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 92737

Lol

Sammy and deuce said his career may be over and he'd never be the same

Easily best in the game

bruins35
    bruins35's Avatar Become A Pro!

I am from sids home town and met him a few times on and off the ice and can confirm hes a douche bag

thechaoz
    2019 SBRs Toughest Poster
    thechaoz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 35902

die than

Robber

Quote Originally Posted by bruins35 View Post
    I am from sids home town and met him a few times on and off the ice and can confirm hes a douche bag
    I can confirm you're an idiot.

twestacott
    twestacott's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5512

Quote Originally Posted by Robber View Post
    I can confirm you're an idiot.
    Yeah because its entirely out of the realm of possibility that the NHLs golden boy or any other pro athlete could be a complete asshole right?

Jimmy Proffett
    Jimmy Proffett's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 954

Most superstar athletes and top actors are assholes. They achieve their goals at any cost. On top of that they have to put up with people like bruins35 staring at them and trying to engage them in conversations and get autographs 24/7.

bruins35
    bruins35's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Proffett View Post
    Most superstar athletes and top actors are assholes. They achieve their goals at any cost. On top of that they have to put up with people like bruins35 staring at them and trying to engage them in conversations and get autographs 24/7.
    I have never asked anyone for autograph before ,and didn't like him because he rated on me

Gamblor700
    Gamblor700's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 241

I can also confirm Sid isn't the nice guy he tries to play for the cameras. He is a mega douche. Teemu Selanne is probably the most down to earth player although I've only met a handful.

Robber

Quote Originally Posted by twestacott View Post
    Yeah because its entirely out of the realm of possibility that the NHLs golden boy or any other pro athlete could be a complete asshole right?
    Many pro athletes are assholes

Never disagreed with that

First 12